Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also remember when OW was talking to reporters, she pointed to her forehead and said GBC fell over. Ill try and find the footage. moo

Scarring would depend on the skin type as well. The thin skin around the eyes I would think would scar more easily than say a knee.
I have a chickenpox scar on my boob since when I was 4 yrs old so LM I agree that area seems sensitive to scarring. I have no other scars from the pox.

My kids have split the skin near their eyebrows countless times (falling out of trees) and glue seems to heal this up with hardly a trace of a line where the injury occurred. So probably depends on how the wound was left to heal as well.

Wonder if GBC used BIO-oil cause he could have googled - 'how to minimize scarring' and it works pretty well!

Scarring would depend on the skin type as well. The thin skin around the eyes I would think would scar more easily than say a knee.

Actually it's the other way round. Knees scar commonly. Around the eyes tends to scar much less - that's why the plastic surgeons can do such undetectable jobs with eyelids, etc. But it does depend on two things: the host and the way they respond to injury, and also the accuracy of apposition of the skin edges by the surgeon. Scratches tend to heal with minimal scarring unless the scratch was very deep - i.e. through the dermis. Which would really make it a cut.

But by far the most important factor in the degree of scarring is the host response. A surgeon can do a perfect job on two patients, with the wounds identical at the end, yet one will scar more than the other in many cases, due to variation in the host response.

I think there is plenty of info that the prosecution didn't include in the material submitted to the court for the bail hearing. Not too many people charged with murder get bail because of the seriousness of the charge and the likely penalty if they are convicted. So they don't need to go all out with showing all the evidence and info they may have. Just enough to convince the judge that bail should not be granted.

I most definately agree!

OW back in Town!

Ohhhhh interesting... Thanks for the tidbit, Roger.

Below are two enlargements of the photo in Judicious's link. In the second pic I've indicated where I can see what looks to be marks from scratches on GBC's face and neck. There are also two marks on either side of his forehead and these may be what OW was alluding to when she said that GBC fell over and hit his head.

MOO.

facial-scratches.jpg

facial-scratches-arrowed.jpg

Below are two enlargements of the photo in Judicious's link. In the second pic I've indicated where I can see what looks to be marks from scratches on GBC's face and neck. There are also two marks on either side of his forehead and these may be what OW was alluding to when she said that GBC fell over and hit his head.

Thanks Makara - you are awesome, your skill with photos & videos is invaluable.

I truly hope that Allison was able to leave some permanent scars, so every time he looks in the mirror he will be reminded of what he has done to his lovely wife.

thank you Makara, fantastic job. It really shows how that dear Lady fought for her life..so sad

Cold comfort but at least we know Allison had the opportunity to fight back and was not face down, nor cowering. She was determined to leave him to 'face' the questions of his daughters, to reveal him as the emotionally damaged creature that he is.

funny, i had found previous discussions about scratches a little difficult to verify by eye, but i missed this photo of the alleged perpetrator, which confirms the scratch that was so well discussed. (i might be rehashing things here or missed something said over and over, sorry)...also, looks like a face-on scratch, not from behind - you would have to be behind and above to cause that scratch....not likely (scratch over left eye, which is on right side of photo). Again, he could not go out on search or show his face for a few days because he had facial scratches. No emotive pretence would disguise scratches. In my honest opinion only.
http://l.yimg.com/ea/img/-/120721/1...80j3m4.jpg?x=400&sig=s34p1usm6m06v8ayo2cbsg--

I've attached enlarged and enhanced pics from the one you posted above regret. IMO they show eye creases and a slight discolouration on the left side of GBC's face and a scratch or bump with some bruising on the right side of his forehead. In the pic I posted earlier, you can see that GBC has the same mark on the left and right hand side of his forehead. That photo was taken before these ones at Allison's funeral. It almost looks like someone has thumped him. Daddy perhaps?

Original pic enlarged.
Scratch-and-bruising-original.jpg

Increased saturation.
Left-side-of-face2.jpg

Decreased saturation.
Scratch-and-bruising-lightened.jpg

Well, I hate to be spoilsport, but with all due respects, I'd disagree. Much as I admire your skills with the pics, Makara, as I posted previously, that little discolouration on his left cheek looks like a thing called a lentigo, and the mark on his forehead (in fact all the marks on his forehead) look like solar keratoses.

The fact that they were there in previous photos (eg carrying the laundry basket) and still there at the funeral, would be consistent with that, too. Acute traumatic marks, like scratches, bruises, etc, would be well gone by the time of the funeral.

I really think people are reading things into these photos that aren't there - at least not to my clinical eye they're not.

One thing that does show up in your Photoshop work, though, in the shot with increased saturation, is that it is NOT a big curved scratch on the left side of his face in the funeral shot. You can quite clearly see the skin lines, and they have not been breached. Scars that run ACROSS skin lines tend to be fairly obvious. One reason that surgeons try to put incisions along skin lines where possible.

Thanks for the photos Makara. There's this one...not 100% sure & I'd have to check but I think it was on the day he went to police station to pick up photos for the funeral. It's quite a clear photo & I can't see a mark on him apart from what looks a bit like a scar running from corner of right eye to middle of cheek...unless he's covered with make-up??

692291-baden-clay.jpg

The only photo which seems quite clear to me that he has scratches/bruising &/or betadine is in this one...just above sleeve cuff. And also that same line which looks to be a scar which I mentioned in previous post running down from right eye.

292222-baden-clay-in-car.jpg

I can't really see anything much in the stripey polo shirt pics but I can see what Makara has pointed out in the desaturated colour pic of the forehead bruise and red mark in the middle. Good find Makara, that seems to fit with OW's assertion that he fell and hit his head because from memory that is about where she indicated to her head. What do you think Doc? Looks like skin must have been broken as the bruise surrounds the red mark. That was at the funeral, 22 days after the date the QPS allege GBC killed Allison. Would the bruising be at that stage by then Doc?

Edit, I see Doc you beat me to it.

Certainly the mark on the forehead is not as visible in those shots, but when blown up, you can still see it in the highlighted area - the reflection is glaring off that area. And the in-car shot likewise - the mark is still there - close to the door upright, in the angle of those two shadows.

It's the same spot in both pictures - directly above the mid-point of the eyebrow, close to the hairline.

Either he's been headbanging :banghead: or else it is something a bit more permanent than a scratch...

Just IMHO of course :)

I think that the MSM photos are not showing much in the way of any scratches. But we know he did have serious scratches and that is one of the main reasons the first police on the scene were very suspicious of him. That was in the bail submissions. I wonder if there are photos of him that the MSM didn't publish that show clear scratches.

He may also be a quick healer but not quick enough for the QPS.

Unless new photos are produced, we probably aren't going to get to see what the scratches were really like.

I think it's definitely a mark on forehead in polo shirt & funeral photo. It matches up with a photo posted by another member some time back..KG1??...it looks like a bandaid over the mark...

gbc1.jpg

I have been trying to find the video of where OW says he fell and hit his head. Was it at the end of the only interview that GBC did outside the Kenmore house. If it was I can't find the full video.

Also maybe he hit his head when he crashed the car at Indooropilly on the way to see the police. But that is not consistent with OW's comments.

If you'll pardon the expression - I think we're splitting hairs over a spot...

I can't see anything resembling a BandAid in that shot, and I'm not convinced I can see any scratches or bruises on any of the other shots either.

I think there are various skin imperfections, some of which show up in some photos due to different lighting. And that's all.

BUT - there is no argument about the presence of the scratches in those first few days. That, apparently, is what the police wanted to photograph. It's just that I can't see anything in any of these photos posted above that I would call a scratch or bruise. And I CAN see various skin blemishes - which we all get (well, us poor blokes do, anyway) - lentigos, solar keratoses, sebaceous cysts, follicular cysts (so-called ingrown hairs), etc etc - we all get 'em.

Just over a week to go until the Sept 3rd court mention - I think Alioop suggested that it won't amount to much. Would there be presentation of any evidence at all, Ali? Are we likely to hear anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties