Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that this suncorp life policy and one of GBC's were overdue at the time of Allison's death but not due to expire until dates in May. I think they just didn't have the money to pay the premiums. Also Allison was enquiring a couple of days before she went missing about reducing the death benefit of this suncorp policy by $200,000 as she had found out that she also had a life insurance component as part of her super that she hadn't known about. They were trying to save money on the premiums.

My understanding is that this suncorp life policy and one of GBC's were overdue at the time of Allison's death but not due to expire until dates in May. I think they just didn't have the money to pay the premiums. Also Allison was enquiring a couple of days before she went missing about reducing the death benefit of this suncorp policy by $200,000 as she had found out that she also had a life insurance component as part of her super that she hadn't known about. They were trying to save money on the premiums.

Gosh, Alioop. That's so sad, and possibly motive? $200k is a lot. Poor Allison x. IMO

Yes Lollypop, the police believe the timing of these insurance issues to be very suspicious and it is part of the evidence against GBC.

So the next court mention is this coming Monday, yes? (5 November)

Yes it is Thinking...

September 24, 2012

In the brief mention of the case today, Mr Baden-Clay's defence lawyer Darren Mahony said he was confident an agreement could be reached between the parties about the cross-examination of certain witnesses by November 5.

The hearing for the application to cross-examine witnesses has tentatively been scheduled for November 20, but the matter is listed again for mention on November 5.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-statements-20120924-26g2s.html#ixzz2AmPn7SHh

Hi Allison, we are all still thinking about you.We are waiting to see justice served. Lots going on in the world.

Hopefully Monday will bring some news.

Drove over the bridge this morning & someone has made a beautiful job with even more sunflowers, there are so many beautiful people around. Bless you all *advertiser censored*

Just a little refresher. Been wondering about the dates and build up of pressure re financial difficulties etc.
Suncorp letter to Allison dated Feb 13 received no reply. Why not? Was mail intercepted?
Suncorp letter dated April 6 warned premium was overdue and date of cessation of Policy if not paid by May 19. What date did GBC promise TMcH he would be free? Was it after April 6? Interesting it is alleged that Allison made enquiries to decrease the amount of the life insurance by $200K in the days before her death (see Alioop's earlier post this thread). Interesting it is alleged GBC and/or NBC made enquiries into Allison's life insurance policies in the days before her death? Seemed to be a lot of interest in Allison's life insurance in the days before her death. She was murdered one month to the day that the Life Insurance policy would expire, paid/unpaid, it was still valid at the time of her death. Did GBC have Life Insurance policies in which Allison was sole beneficiary? Did GBC have Superannuation in which Allison was sole beneficiary?
What about Allison's WILL. I find it strange that she made GBC sole beneficiary even before marriage and even if the marriage did not go through! To hand someone else total control of your own life like that, sounds like someone already under the 'toxic influence' of another. I find it strange that allegedly Allison did not update her WILL after having three children. Was there another WILL? Did she tell anyone outside of this family about another WILL? Was she trapped in a cycle of alleged DV to the extent that she could no longer advocate for herself? Did GBC have a WILL in which Allison was sole beneficiary? Why was it all about Allison's financial potential? Allegedly she had also given OW care and control of her children in the event of her death. Why not her own sister? brother? It seems there was emphasis on death planning for Allison and not for GBC. Interestingly, the plans gave control of her children and her money to the B-C family in the event of her death. The B-C family seemed to have a dominant presence in this marriage. What about Allison's family of origin? Had plans been made in the event of the death of GBC? Did Allison stand to gain reciprocal benefits? If not, then why only plan for Allison's eventual death? It seems that plans were in place before her death, that GBC was sole beneficiary in Allison's WILL; sole beneficiary in her x 2 Life Insurance policies; sole beneficiary of her Superannuation Benefits. He had much to gain financially. My opinion only. Hopefully we will find out a little more on the 5th, then 20th November 2012.

Good summary and some good questions. I think Alioop may have some relevant comments if she's reading this....

Just a little refresher. Been wondering about the dates and build up of pressure re financial difficulties etc.
Suncorp letter to Allison dated Feb 13 received no reply. Why not? Was mail intercepted?
Suncorp letter dated April 6 warned premium was overdue and date of cessation of Policy if not paid by May 19. What date did GBC promise TMcH he would be free? Was it after April 6? Interesting it is alleged that Allison made enquiries to decrease the amount of the life insurance by $200K in the days before her death (see Alioop's earlier post this thread). Interesting it is alleged GBC and/or NBC made enquiries into Allison's life insurance policies in the days before her death? Seemed to be a lot of interest in Allison's life insurance in the days before her death. She was murdered one month to the day that the Life Insurance policy would expire, paid/unpaid, it was still valid at the time of her death. Did GBC have Life Insurance policies in which Allison was sole beneficiary? Did GBC have Superannuation in which Allison was sole beneficiary?
What about Allison's WILL. I find it strange that she made GBC sole beneficiary even before marriage and even if the marriage did not go through! To hand someone else total control of your own life like that, sounds like someone already under the 'toxic influence' of another. I find it strange that allegedly Allison did not update her WILL after having three children. Was there another WILL? Did she tell anyone outside of this family about another WILL? Was she trapped in a cycle of alleged DV to the extent that she could no longer advocate for herself? Did GBC have a WILL in which Allison was sole beneficiary? Why was it all about Allison's financial potential? Allegedly she had also given OW care and control of her children in the event of her death. Why not her own sister? brother? It seems there was emphasis on death planning for Allison and not for GBC. Interestingly, the plans gave control of her children and her money to the B-C family in the event of her death. The B-C family seemed to have a dominant presence in this marriage. What about Allison's family of origin? Had plans been made in the event of the death of GBC? Did Allison stand to gain reciprocal benefits? If not, then why only plan for Allison's eventual death? It seems that plans were in place before her death, that GBC was sole beneficiary in Allison's WILL; sole beneficiary in her x 2 Life Insurance policies; sole beneficiary of her Superannuation Benefits. He had much to gain financially. My opinion only. Hopefully we will find out a little more on the 5th, then 20th November 2012.

Lots of good points Fuskier. I have some comments to make.

GBC has or at least did at the time of Allison's death, extensive life insurance cover and income protection insurance. More than twice what Allison had. They were both well insured. So there was planning by both of them in the event that one or both died. Both of them had contact with their insurance advisor at various times together and individually. I agree that activity regarding the insurance policies shortly before Allison's death is highly suspicious, I think it is more than a co-incidence as do police.

Re Allison's will, it is not unusual to make wills in contemplation of marriage just before a wedding and for it to have effect even if the wedding didn't go through. My spouse and I did exactly the same thing just prior to our wedding. From the material filed by Mr Dickie at his application to be appointed interim administrator he acknowledges Allison's last will is the one made before the marriage. So he didn't know about any other valid will. If there was one, then 2 people would have had to witness it and they have not come forward so I don't think there was another will. If Allison had made a new will without telling GBC then she would not have had any BC's witness it.

I think Allison didn't get the chance to leave GBC and make a new will and all those other things one does when a marriage falls apart.

off the subject but Lloyd Rayney not guilty

off the subject but Lloyd Rayney not guilty

Was coming on here for exactly this reason. What does this mean for Alison's case I wonder? Can anyone comment about the strength of evidence in Alison's case as opposed to this one? I don't know much about the other case but appears was circumstantial with a few errors. How does this case compare ?

Was coming on here for exactly this reason. What does this mean for Alison's case I wonder? Can anyone comment about the strength of evidence in Alison's case as opposed to this one? I don't know much about the other case but appears was circumstantial with a few errors. How does this case compare ?

But on the flip side a man in Ipswich (QLD) today got found guilty of murdering his wife and the reason? Wait for it... LIFE INSURANCE! GBC, start worrying! Sentenced to 20 years. Let's hope GBC gets the same judge!

We know almost nothing about the prosecution's case really, imho. A lot of circumstantial stuff in both cases :(

This case is for Mention this Monday 5th November 2012.
Mention/adjournment A mention is an appearance before a court which is list/sittings not for a specific purpose such as trial, sentence or committal hearing. It is a process to allow the court and the parties to monitor the progress of charges. Usually once a person has been charged, the charges will be mentioned at least once so a date for the committal hearing or trial may be set.
The list is the written record kept by a court of all mentions, trials, sentences and bail applications (and committal hearings in the case of a Magistrates Court) to be heard by that court. The list is kept in a form similar to that of a diary.
The District and Supreme Courts are available only between certain dates to hold trials or pass sentence. These periods are referred to as ‘sittings’. For example when a person is committed for trial, the magistrate may say something similar to ‘you are committed for trial to the sittings of the Supreme Court of Queensland at Brisbane commencing 30 January 2012’.
From Glossary of Terms Page 25 http://www.justice.qld.au/justic...lications-list

I live in Perth and have followed the Rayney case with great interest as work in the legal industry (as did/do the Rayneys) and have friends and colleagues who knew/know them both. The general consensus IMO is that the evidence against LR while suspicious was circumstantial and not set in stone. The Police are also taking a hammering for various blunders of evidence and drama as far as the arrest went and inappropriate media briefings. That doesn't seem to be the case with GBC. This case appears IMO to have more solid evidence against GBC and GBC appears to be rather dim witted compared to LR. IMO. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orlando1124