Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad you are so positive, and I applaud you for that...but what about Tina Watson, and her husband Gabe Watson...the honeymoon killer, the QLD Government stuffed that one up BIG TIME!!! That woman never got justice in my opinion.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...erard-baden-clay/story-e6freoof-1226593512565

MORE than 40 witnesses will appear at next week's committal hearing for Gerard Baden-Clay.
Among the 43 witnesses expected to be called are Baden-Clay's staff, business partners and friends of the couple.
Police might be cross-examined, along with medical experts and residents from around the couple's home and the area where Allison's body was found.
The couple's relationship, finances and insurance arrangements are among the issues open to be probed.
The case has become one of the state's most high-profile; there are plans to set up a separate media room for this Court hearing.

Will Chief Magistrate Brendan Butler be overseeing this case? If so sounds great! I think he's looking after the Daniel Morcombe case as well? I've googled him but can't find any detailed info yet?

<modsnip>

C'mon Monday:great:

Brizzymum - I'm still getting all my maps together at the moment and pinpointing locations before i can start with correlating time frames, but I'm getting there! (Hopefully done before it becomes irrelevent :banghead:)
I like the idea of dividing up note taking tasks, I'm happy with whatever so lets see what others attending think?

You are a legend! It will remain relevant even after they produce the phone!
I totally admire mathematicians :rocker:

Good advice Alioop. OK, emphasis will be on the listening and notes.

Alioop, some iPads etc have apps to take notes and record sound at the same time, would use of those be permitted in court?

Why don't those of you going to the hearing wear a specific colour or identifying raincoat over the right arm sort of thing even set out a place that you can gather to set out the note taking duties? Maybe meet before the hearing outside at the jiggly wave statue?

Alioop, some iPads etc have apps to take notes and record sound at the same time, would use of those be permitted in court?

Protocols and courtroom rules

Everyone that appears in court should:

•dress neatly
•turn off their mobile phone
•not eat, drink or chew gum
•sit quietly
•not make an audio or visual recording of proceedings (unless permitted by the magistrate or judge)
•not speak to any member of the jury in the District Court or Supreme Court.

http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/justi...e-the-courtroom/protocols-and-courtroom-rules

Hi lovely people,
so glad some of you can be there.
Is it possible that adults can convince themselves of innocence when they are in fact guilty
just asked my partner who is a mental health nurse and he gave me a (oh no) Websleuths again lol
xxxx

Hi lovely people,
Is it possible that adults can convince themselves of innocence when they are in fact guilty
just asked my partner who is a mental health nurse and he gave me a (oh no) Websleuths again lol
xxxx

ollijack ..... one answer ... If the answer to this question is ... yes, then it poses the question ..... 'for how long can the deluded brain effectively hold it as being fact?'. Surely it would just build upon itself with enough 'weight' to keep the 'fact' suppressed..... like a computer..... garbage in/garbage out....can go on and on. Ideally, tell yourself and others the 'fact' .... which surely is the truth. JMO

ollijack ..... one answer ... If the answer to this question is ... yes, then it poses the question ..... 'for how long can the deluded brain effectively hold it as being fact?'. Surely it would just build upon itself with enough 'weight' to keep the 'fact' suppressed..... like a computer..... garbage in/garbage out....can go on and on. Ideally, tell yourself and others the 'fact' .... which surely is the truth. JMO

thank you...........it's scarey isn't it.

I can so see him really believing it. xxxxxxxxxx

Hi lovely people,
xxxx

Hi Olli - good to see you back!!! :rose:

Dr Phil had a recent show where a US soldier had come out and told all these lies about his service in Afghanistan. He was at the point where he was believing them and wasn't willing or able to separate his reality from the lies. A bit further along the spectrum than pure Narcissism. They change their history to match the story at hand. Dr Phil suggested that if you ever come across a person like that run for the hills! Apparently its part and parcel of a personality disorder!

I've never been to Court hence don't know how they are set up, but I heard yesterday that this case will be heard in the Supreme Court (not Magistrates Court)? Are these in the same location? Or am I getting this wrong?

I've never been to Court hence don't know how they are set up, but I heard yesterday that this case will be heard in the Supreme Court (not Magistrates Court)? Are these in the same location? Or am I getting this wrong?

The case - which has become one of the state's most high-profile - will be heard in Court 17 at the Brisbane Magistrates Court in George St.

The hearing is due to run from Monday to Wednesday and then resume the following week, when it will again run from the Monday to Wednesday.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/mo...erard-baden-clay/story-e6frf7jo-1226593512565

The case - which has become one of the state's most high-profile - will be heard in Court 17 at the Brisbane Magistrates Court in George St.

The hearing is due to run from Monday to Wednesday and then resume the following week, when it will again run from the Monday to Wednesday.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/mo...erard-baden-clay/story-e6frf7jo-1226593512565

Thanks very much, Amee!

Marly,
I have a suggestion, if I may? Would it be prudent to start a new thread on Monday morning, therefore it will be easier to refer back to anything relating to the Committal in future? Thanks! :)

Now that colleges is open, wouldn't it be wonderful if the prison transport vehicle would take him that way to the courthouse, just so he sees for himself the truibutes to Allison, and I am sure that would make him fell sick in his stomach and rather nervous for his big few days in the spotlight. The bridge is unfortunately very over grown at the moment with all the rain, and I was hoping council would have cleared it by now as a sign of respect and dedication to Allison's memory...

I don't think the passengers can see much of the outside except the sky, from inside one of those multi-celled prison vans. I've never been in one (thank goodness) but I've seen plenty of them on the Western Freeway heading inbound from Wacol. I don't think their primary concern is the view....

:jail:

Hi Olli - good to see you back!!! :rose:

Dr Phil had a recent show where a US soldier had come out and told all these lies about his service in Afghanistan. He was at the point where he was believing them and wasn't willing or able to separate his reality from the lies. A bit further along the spectrum than pure Narcissism. They change their history to match the story at hand. Dr Phil suggested that if you ever come across a person like that run for the hills! Apparently its part and parcel of a personality disorder!

Hello Liadan

:heartbeat:

I would love to know what the other prisoners think of him.....I don't think he would make friends easily....they wouldn't be sucked in by his charm...
thank you for that info.
*advertiser censored*

Thanks very much, Amee!

Marly,
I have a suggestion, if I may? Would it be prudent to start a new thread on Monday morning, therefore it will be easier to refer back to anything relating to the Committal in future? Thanks! :)

We've already planned on doing this CC...is why I've not opened a new thread as we're stretching this current one out until Monday :)

I can remember someone on this thread (apologies to whomever it was) saying that they'd pinged the FTP tower when they were driving within the Brookfield area. I google-mapped it at the time and thought - ooh that's interesting; GBC would have driven down there every day.

Think we need to let go the line-of-sight idea with the towers and expand our vision more peripherally.

Hi All.. Getting nervous and counting down the hours now..I keep thinking of the quote " It offends our collective concience". I'll take this opportunity to thank all of you dedicated sleuthers who have stood together The and been there for Allison. It does my heart good to see so many people pulling for eachother out there.

The phone thing has always bothered me too. I remember seeing FTP tower on my bill from Pullenvale. I've always thought the phone could have been tossed somewhere along Moggill Rd. I drive it every day and there are so many little bridges, creeks, ditches along the road between Brookfield and Kholo.that it could have been tossed from a car window. These areas were never officially searched. Long long washed away now, but it will never sit right with me........

also, I remember seeing the rubbish picked up in the Brookfield/Pullenvale area Monday morning. It could have beeen as simple as tossed in the bin. :please::please::rollercoaster::back::behindbar:

Hello everyone,
Thanks so much for all your posts over the past eleven months. I have been lurking since week one and have been obsessed with this case – my husband’s words, but pretty much true. I feel I should let you know I’m here, although I don’t have much to add. I have actually looked for the phone. There is some scrub going down to a creek just off Kenmore Rd, on Fig Tree Pocket Rd. I thought this would be a perfect place for him to dispose of it while he was “driving the streets” that fateful Friday morning. Also, legitimate if spotted as it’s on the way to the Taringa office. The other thing has crossed my mind and I may be a long way out – does anyone think there is a chance one of the girls has the phone? Picked up while they were outside fighting or while Gerbs went to KCreek. Then it moved the next day – they did go on an excursion. It’s a long shot. My gut feeling is GBC disposed of it while “driving the streets”. The family’s behaviour has sickened me from day one and as for GBC, could he have possibly made himself look any more guilty if he tried! Roll on Monday morning! I really wish this was a fictitious scenario as the thought of the Dickies and the three innocent girls going through all this pain caused by their father and son-in-law is nearly too much to comprehend. PS My name is a bit of a joke, I created my profile the first week. Thanks again. I love this site and I hope I have posted correctly!

I too keep thinking about the phone. I wonder what will happen if it ever just turns up one day. I think the person who got rid of it would be worrying too. The whole getting things done in limited time frames/under duress would not bode well for it being completely destroyed/hidden forever surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18