Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we were told way back that Adams wife had given birth to a new baby about 17 th April last year

I have been thinking about GBC, Allison, NBC and EBC watching The Good Wife at the Brookfield house. It is an odd thing to do without any other reason for NBC and EBC being there but I think that it was to do with contacting Adam.

At 9.53 and twice at 9.58 (perhaps a combined 2 message text) half way through The Good Wife, GBC sends a SMS to Canada, presumably Adam.

At that time it is 9 am in the town where Adam lives. Perhaps the texts are to ask him if he is ready to Skype or to say skype us when you are ready as we are all sitting around watching TV waiting.

At 10.39 pm NBC texts Adam. Maybe that is something to add after a skype call or to say hurry up we are getting tired and want to go home.

We don't have the home internet records but perhaps at some point during the second half of The Good Wife or after it is finished, they then had a family skype call with Adam, perhaps to all look at the new baby and see how he is going.

Also GBC states in his affidavit a very specific time of 10.08 pm of googling the fifth. His phone records show that his phone was connected to the internet from 6.56pm for 22 hrs, 54 mins and 45 seconds so that googling could well have been done when he said it was during this long connection period. He must have some reference to be able to quote a specific time. Maybe the time is on the phone.

I think the googling of taking the fifth is innocent as GBC explained, however the explanation of the refreshing on the Friday morning is suspicious. The fact that the googling on the Wednesday night is the only thing that GBC has explained in a sworn affidavit filed in his bail application, I think is because it is mostly true. Its an interesting legal tactic as by explaining one thing, poses the question "why did not he explain anything else" and the inferences that could be drawn from that.

Ali- I'm not sure if anyone has checked this before, but the episode of The Good Wife that most probably aired that night was "Pants on Fire"- episode 20 of series 3. Does anyone else see the irony in the title?
http://www.tvfanatic.com/2012/04/the-good-wife-review-florrick-for-governor/

The phone that GBC used to do the Internet searches obviously was not the one we have the record of marked as GBC 1. He must have used one of the other phones and the police will have extracted that data it may have emails etc.

Ali- I'm not sure if anyone has checked this before, but the episode of The Good Wife that most probably aired that night was "Pants on Fire"- episode 20 of series 3. Does anyone else see the irony in the title?
http://www.tvfanatic.com/2012/04/the-good-wife-review-florrick-for-governor/

Crime, that is the US programming. We were only up to episode 14 of series 3 on the 18th April 2012 which was "Another Ham Sandwich" which had lots of references to pleading the fifth and self incrimination.

The phone that GBC used to do the Internet searches obviously was not the one we have the record of marked as GBC 1. He must have used one of the other phones and the police will have extracted that data it may have emails etc.

Phantom's why do you think it wasn't that phone? I think it was likely that phone. Thats the one he was using to text Adam just a few minutes prior to when he said he did his google searches. Also it was the phone he was using on the Friday morning to call the police and searching for their phone number from their webpage when he says his phone refreshed his google searches from 2 nights previously.

NBC must have hurried home on the Wednesday night after watching The Good Wife and GBC searching "taking the fifth" in response to their questioning, as he was on the Internet at 10.38 pm for 42 mins at his own home in Durness St - I never thought what he would be doing before tonight's discussion but I guess he was probably having a Skype discussion ? With Adam ? Would that show up as an Internet session?

I just checked the original affidavit with the copy of GBC 1 phone bill attached and cannot see those Internet searches there ? I may have overlooked it though - I stand to be corrected if they are there .

I just checked the original affidavit with the copy of GBC 1 phone bill attached and cannot see those Internet searches there ? I may have overlooked it though - I stand to be corrected if they are there .

We can't see specific searches on the phone's telstra internet bill, all we can see is that it was connected to the internet during that period, actually for nearly 23 hours from 6.56pm.

NBC must have hurried home on the Wednesday night after watching The Good Wife and GBC searching "taking the fifth" in response to their questioning, as he was on the Internet at 10.38 pm for 42 mins at his own home in Durness St - I never thought what he would be doing before tonight's discussion but I guess he was probably having a Skype discussion ? With Adam ? Would that show up as an Internet session?

Your post made me relook at NBC's text to Adam and we don't know the location it is made from, seems that on both GBC's and NBC's phones that the location where the text is sent from does not show for international texts, only the destination. So maybe the timing of the skype call in my theory didn't work out at the Brookfield house so NBC and EBC went home and then NBC texted Adam from Kenmore and then they skyped.

Crime, that is the US programming. We were only up to episode 14 of series 3 on the 18th April 2012 which was "Another Ham Sandwich" which had lots of references to pleading the fifth and self incrimination.

Thanks Ali- I thought we were getting the episodes within a few days of appearing on US TV- maybe that's this year though. I remember the advertising saying we were getting the show within days of it appearing.

Maybe this is the only part of the case that is fact! (googling 'Taking the fifth)

We can't see specific searches on the phone's telstra internet bill, all we can see is that it was connected to the internet during that period, actually for nearly 23 hours from 6.56pm.

I see what you mean now you are correct and the same he connected on the Thursday night and it was connected for some 17 hrs and then reconnected again

Don't forget that the internet is not the same thing as the web. So a phone (or any other device) can connect to the internet for all sorts of reasons, including the web (browser), email, location-related stuff via GPS and apps including Find-My-Friend, Find My iPhone, etc etc. These connect often and automatically, in the background, and can also initiate a net connection as long as data capabilities are turned on.

The web page at Google.com, or the Google app itself, may have been only one of a multitude of things connecting to the net.

It's also interesting to note that GBC's phone record does not show that he accessed the Internet at about 10:08pm on 18 April.

If he was at home his phone would have accessed the Internet via wifi & so wouldn't show on his phone records.

If he searched other items since then, it is possible for the previous search to reload. If for instance his Safari browser had 8 pages open he would have picked the one he needed the least, reload it & perform a new search.

GBC ph record showed he phoned a NSW (02) number on 12th April which is the day the QPS have stated he phoned Alison's insurer inquiring on one of her life policies and was not allowed any info - the call is a brief call. He had made the commitment to TM which was now only just a couple of months away and there has been nothing reported in. MSM that he had the business up for sale ( he had told TM he was going to sell the business and sort his finances ) - wonder how quick he would have been able to sell his franchise?

re GBC phoning Allison's insurance company...maybe there was nothing sinister in GBC phoning Allison's Insurance Company before her death ??? In Tommy Laskaris (G's and A's Financial Advisor) Court Statement he mentions quiet a bit of communication between himself, GBC and Allison between Feb 2012 and April 17th 2012. Tommy Laskaris sent GBC and email 13th April 2012 as GBC's policy was in arrears as it had been due for renewal 6th March 2012. GBC told Tommy he would take care of it himself...not sure what GBC meant by that comment ???
Tommy Laskaris also sent Allison an email 12 April 2012 as Allisons Insurance policy was also in arrears and was due for renewal 19th March 2012.
It seems both Allison and GBC had been talking together about their Insurance Policies as there is reference in Tommy's Statement referring to talking to both Allison and GBC at the same time about their Insurances. Maybe after the email was sent to Allison on the 12th April GBC may have phoned on Allison's behalf....... Just another twister that we more than likely have to wait till the Trial to hear the answer...any thoughts ??

let's hope , for the kids sake, that he actually did pay that insurance premium after all... hope that bill isnt with the unpaid Telstra bill, the internet bill, the rent, the electricity, the credit card bills, the other bills.... it would be so Gerardian if he clipped it with all the other nuisance paper and f.o.r.g.o.t.

'GBC told Tommy he would take care of it himself'

Ominous......

'GBC told Tommy he would take care of it himself'

Ominous......

I felt like highlighting that comment in red when I wrote it in my post...GBC actually told Tommy that 'he would take care of it himself' not just once but twice !!

For anyone interested...I've opened a thread for the recent bashing death of a 29yr old mum in Vic. Unbelievable...the accused had 99 prior convictions...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204753"]AU-Victoria-Man charged over bashing death of 29yr old mum - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

let's hope , for the kids sake, that he actually did pay that insurance premium after all... hope that bill isnt with the unpaid Telstra bill, the internet bill, the rent, the electricity, the credit card bills, the other bills.... it would be so Gerardian if he clipped it with all the other nuisance paper and f.o.r.g.o.t.

But my understanding is that Allisons policy had a final deadline of a date in May, by which it would expire if it was not paid. So the policy should be safe, as Allison died in April, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme