Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #47

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If narcissistic personality disorder is classed a a mental disease/disorder then why isn't used as a defence in court? Well it has.
Blackwell was charged with murder and was due to stand trial; however, that charge was dropped after he pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of manslaughter on the ground of diminished responsibility after experts diagnosed him to have narcissistic personality disorder. An episode of narcissistic rage can occur when the narcissist is perceivably being prevented from accomplishing his grandiose fantasies.[2] Blackwell was sentenced to life imprisonment on 29 June 2005. This was the first case in an English court in which narcissistic personality disorder had been found to be a defence to murder.
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Blackwell"]Brian Blackwell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Less than 4 weeks to pretrial hearing 3rd & 4th February

5 months to the trial

Yes Possum I'm glad he's where he is too. Best place with people of his ilk.
The very first time I heard of a mother of three missing in Qld the report said she was estranged from her husband & could have been taken by her boyfriend. Could this be the type of story he was telling the counsellor? Remember conniving narcissists can be very convincing.
What is OW & GBC up to?
Get your lawyers & alibi ready TM you could blamed.

If narcissistic personality disorder is classed a a mental disease/disorder then why isn't used as a defence in court? Well it has.
Blackwell was charged with murder and was due to stand trial; however, that charge was dropped after he pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of manslaughter on the ground of diminished responsibility after experts diagnosed him to have narcissistic personality disorder. An episode of narcissistic rage can occur when the narcissist is perceivably being prevented from accomplishing his grandiose fantasies.[2] Blackwell was sentenced to life imprisonment on 29 June 2005. This was the first case in an English court in which narcissistic personality disorder had been found to be a defence to murder.
Brian Blackwell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks for supplying this article. Interesting... Sounds much like GBC except that GBC is still sticking to his "Innocence story."
"Blackwell was charged with murder and was due to stand trial; however, that charge was dropped after he pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of manslaughter on the ground of diminished responsibility after experts diagnosed him to have narcissistic personality disorder."
I find it a little difficult to comprehend that he was able to plead a lesser charge.
It appears to me his crimes occurred BECAUSE of his NPD.
It should not be an excuse for his behaviour.
And the NPD is what maketh the criminal.

An episode of narcissistic rage can occur when the narcissist is perceivably being prevented from accomplishing his grandiose fantasies.

The term 'grandiose fantasies' IMO GBC, Gittany and many others show many hallmarks. I certainly don't want to give any ideas but I'm glad it's NOT used on a regular basis. I'm thinking on the larger scale of the many murderers show these traits and that's my concern. Many of us through WS know a lot more about the narcissist.

WEBSLEUTHS ROCK!

Breaking you made me realise that Allison is the super sleuth here because without the trail she left this crime could have a totally different ending. If Allison hadn't left her scratches or her blood in the car he could have got clean away with it.
Mega sad Allison lost her life in this horror BUT I'm going to praise the girl for getting those claws into that RHS cheek and she left some good grazing on that torso of his, they sure looked like kick marks to me. She left the evidence for constable ASH.

TGY, yes, Allison fought for her life. Bet he didn't expect that! I remember seeing a TV show years ago that showed when you know you have nothing left to lose, leave your mark wherever you can. Scratching is a good thing, particularly on the face. Get a good bit of skin under your fingernails. Or scratch the car, wall or whatever and if you can manage it, write some clue in blood. Not always possible, but I reckon Allison knew exactly what she was doing with her fingernails. Probably all she could manage to do. Bless her.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/3-gerard-badenclay-20140102-307fg.html

The empty former Century 21 building on Swann Road stands as a physical reminder of the turmoil that enveloped the Baden-Clay family with the death of mother-of-three Allison in 2012.
Her body was found on the banks of a creek in Brisbane’s west in April 2012, 10 days after she was reported missing.
The family was thrown into deeper chaos when months later her husband, former real estate agent Gerard Baden-Clay, was charged with her murder.
Last year Mr Baden-Clay was committed to stand trial for the murder, with a Supreme Court judge setting the trial date for June 9, 2014.
Advertisement
Given the public interest in the case, the trial is set to be one of the most closely watched in the state's history

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/3-gerard-badenclay-20140102-307fg.html#ixzz2pqGmYREl

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/3-gerard-badenclay-20140102-307fg.html

The empty former Century 21 building on Swann Road stands as a physical reminder of the turmoil that enveloped the Baden-Clay family with the death of mother-of-three Allison in 2012.
Her body was found on the banks of a creek in Brisbane’s west in April 2012, 10 days after she was reported missing.
The family was thrown into deeper chaos when months later her husband, former real estate agent Gerard Baden-Clay, was charged with her murder.
Last year Mr Baden-Clay was committed to stand trial for the murder, with a Supreme Court judge setting the trial date for June 9, 2014.
Advertisement
Given the public interest in the case, the trial is set to be one of the most closely watched in the state's history

When reading the linked article, I noticed an attached comment:
<modsnip> .... and nobody had supplied a reply!

..... opinions on this most likely vary widely, but I imagine it is difficult to explain it to those who were not captured by the essence of the case of Allison's disappearance and the finding of her body 10 days later; the unexpected/unusual response by GBC and his family .... especially in light of the reality of a loved one's disappearance/death/murder.
It has not only been members of the Brookfield community, other members of the Public .... but the Media Journalists as well.

..... opinions on this most likely vary widely, but I imagine it is difficult to explain it to those who were not captured by the essence of the case of Allison's disappearance and the finding of her body 10 days later; the unexpected/unusual response by GBC and his family .... especially in light of the reality of a loved one's disappearance/death/murder.
It has not only been members of the Brookfield community, other members of the Public .... but the Media Journalists as well.

Couldbe, you Couldbe right here. GBC's bizarre behaviour would have alerted any thinking person that all wasn't right. Where I lived at the time in Far North Qld, the talk of the town was about GBC and his family failing to search for Allison, the vacuum cleaner scene, kids being sent to school, his sookie interview about being a little bit hurt and business as usual, the affair with TM and that Granny Pash. Weirdo behaviour alerted most people.:jail:

I've seen "that" question asked numerous times, both on WS as well as other sites.

My thoughts on it...from the time Allison was reported missing, police worked in tandem with the media. They needed to get the word out to the public as they were desperate to find an alive Allison as they'd had indications that something wasn't quite right in the Baden Clay household -(scratches on GBC's face). But as time wore on that hope started to fade & they began looking at it as a possible homicide investigation. However, she still needed to be found.

The police work with the media was successful, 100's of members of the public became involved & wanted to see dear Allison brought home to her babies & family.

As time went on, more & more folks became interested in Allison's case & it kind of snowballed from there. Allison's very first thread on WS was started the day she was reported missing plus facebook pages were setup.

When you look at news reports, especially on sites such as Courier Mail, they have a section titled "most viewed". These are the stories majority of folks are reading & wanting to know more about.So of course the media is going to go with the stories that are gaining the most attention. Reports on Allison's case were predominately at the top of "most viewed" list.

Every now & then I read of the media being chastised for highlighting certain cases while other cases have very little coverage. It's the cases the public are interested in which keeps them at the top of the media list. Throughout WS there are 100's of cases of missing people, some members choose to follow certain cases, others receive very little attention at all.

There's also the fact, police will only release information which they want the public to know about. There will always be info or certain details they choose to keep to themselves so as not to hamper their investigations or tip off any persons of interest. So in some cases there will be next to no news that is able to be reported by media....therefore there is nothing for the public to read.

All up, it would be simply fantastic if all cases received the same amount of coverage but unfortunately, realistically, that just won't happen.

.... thank you Marlywings for your knowledgable opinion and explanation; it takes me back to the early days when so many of us (not to mention the Police, SES and others) were so consumed in trying to assist in locating Allison alive! At that point, it was also 'twigging' that there could be something more sinister than that a beautiful mother of three little girls had 'gone for a walk' and 'just hadn't returned to the family'........ of course, as events unfolded ...........

Mr Baden-Clay's sister Olivia Walton also addressed the media outside the court, saying she would stand by him.
One day the truth will be revealed
&#8216;&#8216;Gerard is an innocent man.&#8217;&#8217;

Revealed? Who's withholding the truth!

Olivia taking the stand will be a cracker or is this a throwaway line as no further charges have been laid. I doubt she'd be insinuating her parents. Who then? Reading further about Toni McHugh, IMO, was extremely persistent with her many demands.

Was it Toni's scratches/screams that night? After a showdown at or near the family home and did innocent Allison go outside & suffer the brunt. Remember TM had left her husband ready & waiting.....demanding, demanding answers....wanting....A PRESSURE COOKER READY TO BLOW!

Do extra charges during court proceedings often take place or like Gittany free to roam until closer to 'D Day'?

"The affair continued for several years, with Ms McHugh telling the court he often spoke of their future together, of leaving his wife, or not being able to leave his wife because he "couldn't afford a divorce".
But in September, 2011, after Allison discovered the affair, he suddenly broke things off. Ms McHugh tendered her resignation the same day.

Poor Gerard, extra women's demands & money problems can play havoc on the way a man thinks. But "ITS BUSINESS AS USUAL"
UNBLOODYBELIEVABLE.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-for-murder-20130320-2geno.html#ixzz2pwSvarI9
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ommittal-hearing/story-e6freoof-1226600160604

Couldbe, you Couldbe right here. GBC's bizarre behaviour would have alerted any thinking person that all wasn't right. Where I lived at the time in Far North Qld, the talk of the town was about GBC and his family failing to search for Allison, the vacuum cleaner scene, kids being sent to school, his sookie interview about being a little bit hurt and business as usual, the affair with TM and that Granny Pash. Weirdo behaviour alerted most people.:jail:

..... the contents of the vacuum cleaner were sure to have been interesting too ..... especially if the Captiva had been vacuumed within the previous say 12 hours by whomever.

Do the courts in Australia usually start when expected? Here in the United States they are often delayed. I really want to see Allison get justice as soon as possible! I am looking forward to this trial.

Re the Vacuum Cleaning scene;
Who is their right mind would be vacuuming a car or cleaning anything at all for that matter; when the daughter in law was gone missing??? Wouldn't one's priorities be elsewhere?
Especially as the place looked looked like it was long overdue for a clean of any description.
Why choose this particular morning?
Unless.....
Alarm bells ringing loudly.

.... thank you Marlywings for your knowledgable opinion and explanation; it takes me back to the early days when so many of us (not to mention the Police, SES and others) were so consumed in trying to assist in locating Allison alive! At that point, it was also 'twigging' that there could be something more sinister than that a beautiful mother of three little girls had 'gone for a walk' and 'just hadn't returned to the family'........ of course, as events unfolded ...........
The search for a LIVE Allison would have to be completely different to searching for a not-alive Allison.
Methods including how where and why would have to completely different.
Searching for an alive mother of three would have full co-operation from the BC family, amongst many other things.
Searching for a deceased lady might head in a couple of different directions.
If something sinister was afoot and a POI wanted to throw suspicion away, they might do stuff; like get the innocents to write heart wrenching children's stuff. Something like draw flowers and in petals and write messages: "I love you mummy." "Come home." "Your awsom mum."
Enough to soften the hardest heart.
But: The searchers had to look outside innocence and outside an innocent explanation.
Searching for a deceased lady, the searchers would have to consider that a NOT alive mother of three was in a place difficult to be found. Purposefully.
Think again. Consider they have been thrown red herrings. And they would need to arrange strategies accordingly.
Evidence: Consider that the evidence placed before them was of consequence.
Visible evidences included: Husband wearing scratch marks on his face and torso.
Husband appearing nonplussed. Husband seeking to create an alibi for himself ASAP. Note-ably organizing a GP to state his facial wounds were caused by .... (sorry just can't say cat..p.....s)
Did he ask the same GP for psychiatric help because his wife had gone missing, and he was beside himself with anxiety? Any help available?
Worse still, business as usual was the order of the day.
Husband's family more interested in cleaning up than anything else.
Sister of POI active in removing innocent children from the possible scene of crime ASAP.
Aberrations continue to this day.

The search for a LIVE Allison would have to be completely different to searching for a not-alive Allison.
Methods including how where and why would have to completely different.
Searching for an alive mother of three would have full co-operation from the BC family, amongst many other things.
Searching for a deceased lady might head in a couple of different directions.
If something sinister was afoot and a POI wanted to throw suspicion away, they might do stuff; like get the innocents to write heart wrenching children's stuff. Something like draw flowers and in petals and write messages: "I love you mummy." "Come home." "Your awsom mum."
Enough to soften the hardest heart.
But: The searchers had to look outside innocence and outside an innocent explanation.
Searching for a deceased lady, the searchers would have to consider that a NOT alive mother of three was in a place difficult to be found. Purposefully.
Think again. Consider they have been thrown red herrings. And they would need to arrange strategies accordingly.
Evidence: Consider that the evidence placed before them was of consequence.
Visible evidences included: Husband wearing scratch marks on his face and torso.
Husband appearing nonplussed. Husband seeking to create an alibi for himself ASAP. Note-ably organizing a GP to state his facial wounds were caused by .... (sorry just can't say cat..p.....s)
Did he ask the same GP for psychiatric help because his wife had gone missing, and he was beside himself with anxiety? Any help available?
Worse still, business as usual was the order of the day.
Husband's family more interested in cleaning up than anything else.
Sister of POI active in removing innocent children from the possible scene of crime ASAP.
Aberrations continue to this day.

Yes Ladybird ...... and as alleged, knowing where Allison's body was, sit there holed up in his Parents' home at least watching on TV with the rest of his family, the reports of searchers expending their solid efforts looking in all of the wrong places to find Allison. Looking at that situation now, it would have been like ....... having hidden something, watch everyone search for it. Oh dear!

Quite disturbing - I get the impression from the 4BC website that if Gerard is not convicted the Life Insurance money will be swallowed by Solicitors or Legal Aid. Not a good outlook for the children. I guess I realised that but didn't want to think about it.
http://www.4bc.com.au/BadenClay#.UtDnbX8ayK0

Yes Ladybird ...... and as alleged, knowing where Allison's body was, sit there holed up in his Parents' home at least watching on TV with the rest of his family, the reports of searchers expending their solid efforts looking in all of the wrong places to find Allison. Looking at that situation now, it would have been like ....... having hidden something, watch everyone search for it. Oh dear!
Not an appropriate time for the entire BC family to take a holiday either IMO. After Allison went missing, and before her funeral.
Entirely inappropriate behaviour. There was nothing, I mean NOTHING that could excuse this. Whether that holiday was pre planned or not or whether other family was here from overseas or anything at all; that "holiday" was OFF. Abhorrent, disrespectful proof positive that this family cared nothing about anyone, but for themselves.
Was that "well earned holiday" an excuse to escape the prying eyes of the media and formulate plans for innocence? Dispose of incriminating evidence a long way away from the hot zone?

Do the courts in Australia usually start when expected? Here in the United States they are often delayed. I really want to see Allison get justice as soon as possible! I am looking forward to this trial.

In most cases they do Kimster. GBC's trial has been set down to commence on 9th June this year. The 9th is actually a public holiday (something that was obviously overlooked) so the trial will commence on 10th June.

When as a passenger in a vehicle driven over the bridge I have noticed Allison's memorial stone ....... could someone please post what wording is on the plaque? The area where it is erected is very tidy and one can't help but notice the respect that seems to emanate from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper