Amanda Berry (2003), Gina deJesus (2004), & Michelle Knight (2002) found alive! #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Figueroa suffered two broken noses, broken ribs, a knocked-out tooth, a blood clot on the brain and two dislocated shoulders, according to a 2005 filing in Cuyahoga County Domestic Relations Court. Her attorney requested that a judge “keep [Castro] from threatening to kill [Figueroa].’’"

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/05/ariel_castro_suspect_in_clevel.html

Adding from your link...

Attorney Robert Ferreri said Figueroa [ex-wife] “has full custody with no visitation for [Castro]. Nevertheless, [Castro] frequently abducts daughters and keeps them from mother.’’

Just listened to the 911 call again with captioning- the dispatcher was not dismissive as claimed by some- she got all the information including clarifying the address- She told Amanda to stay where she was with the neighbors that police were coming.

I absolutely agree with the post up thread and said much the same thing last night- the outrage about the dispatcher is just frustrated misplaced anger.

I am not angry or outraged at the dispatcher but common sense says that she/he should have kept Amanda on the line. Amanda stated that she was afraid her captor might return at any time. What if he had and, because the dispatcher ended the call, police were not aware of it? They had no clue what they might be walking into - there could have been weapons or a hostage situation. Telling Amanda to stay with the neighbor did not guarantee her safety, actually it potentially put the neighbor in jeopardy too. The dispatcher didn't even tell Amanda to go into the neighbor's house, shut the door, and wait for police to arrive. She/he didn't ask if there were other people in the home, if Amanda was injured, or any information about the young child who was with Amanda. All of that would have been very important information if Amanda had been recaptured before police arrived.

I totally realize this will never happen but originally posted saying what would deter sick, evil, people from doing these sort of crimes (holding victims captive). Searching peoples' homes randomly may deter these monsters but do we have to go that route? Let's hope not... I know that is in the constitution in the US and it is the same here in Canada. I was just pointing out, have some in our society become that untrustworthy no one can be trusted?! Obviously so, especially in a case such as this where neighbours, friends and family knew nothing abnormal was going on in that house or with these brothers. Sadly monsters like these don't stand out in a crowd to easily be identified. Hope that makes sense.

I'd like to think you are right that something that simple would deter this kind of thing but I just don't think people who are capable of this kind of crime ever think about getting caught or care-

I think about Jessica Lundsford who was taken, held and buried alive within eyesight of her home.

Monsters think of the now not the future.

That makes me feel a little better. It just made me feel so sad that Gina only has 2 pages in 2004 here, and as the poster above notes, it is because she is not a blue eyes blond. It is really a shame,

I think they just said on CNN that Amanda's mom had died, very sad, Amanda's happiness in gettin rescued has to be tempered by that news

I wonder if Amanda knew of her mother's death. It was probably on the news or in the local newspaper. Castro would have known. Would he tell her?
Would it be better if Amanda already knew of her mother's death?
Poor girl. Poor 3 girls.

:eek: from the caption of the picture: Signs: In a photograph taken in 2001, suspect Ariel Castro stands with a former girlfriend in front of a padlocked door, which led to the basement, at his home on Seymore Avenue, Cleveland

Um, I wonder what month in 2001 this was taken. I wonder when the padlock first appeared on the basement door.

EXCLUSIVE PICTURES INSIDE THE CLEVELAND KIDNAP HOUSE: Son of 'abductor' reveals how father padlocked doors to basement, attic and garage because 'we weren't allowed to go there'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nt-attic-garage-places-werent-allowed-go.html

I'm just so happy that the three were together, in the same house. Somehow that gives me hope that their lives there weren't pure horror. They had each other, they had their good memories and stories to tell each other from their lives prior to captivity. They didn't suffer alone.

Amanda clearly had access to TV since she knew people were looking for her and Gina.
It sounds like she was very aware of her surroundings. I am not surprised she knew the address. She's been there a long time.

I'm not sure she had access to TV. If she did, then why didn't she know her mom had died (she was told last night)? When it happened, and many, many times since over the years, it has been mentioned on the news that her mom died, many think as a direct result of the stress of this whole situation.

Instead of letting her watch the news, I think perhaps her captors told her that "People are looking for you, it's all over the news." You know, in a sadistic type of taunting.

EXCLUSIVE PICTURES INSIDE THE CLEVELAND KIDNAP HOUSE: Son of 'abductor' reveals how father padlocked doors to basement, attic and garage because 'we weren't allowed to go there'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nt-attic-garage-places-werent-allowed-go.html

again, let me state that I must be a horrible *****.
if I went to my parents house and there were padlocks on various doors, I would demand to know what was in there or break in myself! i would not let it go until i had access because that is NOT normal behavior!! that is a clear sign something is just wrong!

i just am suspect of odd behavior and always have to get to the bottom of it.

my parents telling me "you aren't allowed in there" means "i must go in there"

the first picture reminds me...
when i was house hunting, my realtor showed me a house once that had a door from the kitchen into the basement. there was a lock latch towards the top of the door on the OUTSIDE. the basement was very small and very dark (dark red/black walls). talk about creepy. WTF would one have a latch/lock on an interior door like that?? my realtor was a retired cop and we agreed that it was very suspect.

I am wondering if Castro actually LIVED at a different location and just visited this house that he owns. One of the neighbors was quoted as saying that he thought the house was abandoned and that no one even lived there. He knew that Castro was the owner and he would occasionally see Castro there, but stated that he didn't believe Castro actually lived there.

If so, then the Castro brothers used this house as a prison for their victims and just came and went as they pleased. Castro probably only came by to feed and water them and use them, as if they were livestock. This story is just so disturbing...

I wonder if he lived elsewhere, too. I just heard a statement read from a neighbor who said he'd see Ariel go in the house with a bag of McDonald's and come back out shortly without the bag. On Fox.

again, let me state that I must be a horrible *****.
if I went to my parents house and there were padlocks on various doors, I would demand to know what was in there or break in myself! i would not let it go until i had access because that is NOT normal behavior!! that is a clear sign something is just wrong!

i just am suspect of odd behavior and always have to get to the bottom of it.

my parents telling me "you aren't allowed in there" means "i must go in there"

the first picture reminds me...
when i was house hunting, my realtor showed me a house once that had a door from the kitchen into the basement. there was a lock latch towards the top of the door on the OUTSIDE. the basement was very small and very dark (dark red/black walls). talk about creepy. WTF would one have a latch/lock on an interior door like that?? my realtor was a retired cop and we agreed that it was very suspect.

I expect they were suspicious. But they were also afraid of him. All MOO

I'm not sure she had access to TV. If she did, then why didn't she know her mom had died (she was told last night)? When it happened, and many, many times since over the years, it has been mentioned on the news that her mom died, many think as a direct result of the stress of this whole situation.

Instead of letting her watch the news, I think perhaps her captors told her that "People are looking for you, it's all over the news." You know, in a sadistic type of taunting.

She could have very well known her mother died. It has not been reported otherwise. Also it has been twitted that she did watch TV.

I wonder if he lived elsewhere, too. I just heard a statement read from a neighbor who said he'd see Ariel go in the house with a bag of McDonald's and come back out shortly without the bag. On Fox.

Not according to what son has been saying in interviews.

This may have been addressed earlier, so I apologize up front if it has.

I live locally and our local stations are playing nothing but live reporting of this miracle. I've heard the 911 call probably 100 times today at work and two things that I noticed. First, it is obvious she had access to a tv because she says she's been on the news for ten year. Second, she knew her address! I know that's not that important but I wonder how....

im still catching up so im not sure if this has been mentioned. if she has been in the home for 10 years, she probably at some point had access to mail, maybe just for a few seconds at a time. even junk mail in the trash, and memorized it.. probably one of many things she would remember well incase she ever needed it, like landmarks and such

Can't quote the post, but someone had questions about how Amanda knew so much about her absence. IIRC, Ohio does have winters and summers, so that would be easy to keep track of years. Not only that, she's probably seen dated items within the house. That's likely how she knew the address. She's probably seen mail. And if she's seen any news, then she definitely knew she was still there, they just had a vigil last month for her marking the ten years she's been gone. Without a lot of social or intellectual stimulation, I bet she hung on to every tidbit that crossed her path. I bet they kept each other anchored and hopeful that this day would come.

I am always a bit skeptical of friends and neighbors who say things like great guy, no idea, never saw anything etc "suddenly" seeing or hearing things once the media moves in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyShakes