Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight FOUND! #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's vey possible her mom hadn't seen her since she turned 18. She could have spent two years avoiding her before she came up missing? hence the reason for the multiple discrepancies of her age of disappearance.

Regardless, I don't think this woman knows when her daughter was taken. Which is nothing short of sad. And if my child ever went missing the LAST thing I would do is move cross country! Way to fight for your child! And being a local, I can tell you, I know the names Amanda Berry and Gina Dejesus well, I remember vividly when they went missing. However, I never heard the name Michelle Knight until Monday! There were no fliers, that I recall, no pleas to the public, nothing. And being that Michelle and I are the same age, I would assume I would have heard of her missing at sometime, even among my peers. I have my own doubts about her mother looking for her, ever.

Do we know if LE tore up the ground under that elevated front porch at Castro's house? And there's was talks of dogs, so they found the bones of one, where's the rest of them.

They have dug holes in the backyard, and apparently must have found something because they are still there where the holes have not been filled in.

And that "go home" seems to be what Michelle's family got when they did put ina missing persons report, or her mom did anyway. She also papered the city with posters on her own because LE couldn't bother to be involved.

Michelle was removed from the missing person database in 2003, because they were not even sure she was legally missing. No one in the family verified it, so as part of procedure her name was removed in an attempt to update their systems.

Any news about the other woman Michelle said she saw in the basement and then she was gone? I hope there is going to be serious follow up into this. I hope Michelle can remember what she looked like and estimate her age, etc.

When Gina went missing, there were two gentlemen in a car that just about got side swiped when Ariel made a uturn, and just about hit them. When they reported this to the police, the police acted like the two gentlemen that reported it were lying. So it was deemed not a credible tip, even though the men could list the make and model of the car, as well as the color of the car.

The police seem to like to say they handled these cases as well as they could. But with more and more people coming and releasing information that they went to the police with, and how they all were treated like they were lying, it does appear that the police really messed these cases up very bad. It is ridiculous how they have handled the tips that they received it was like they didn't want to investigate the tips. And wrote off a bunch of them. Had they followed up on these tips maybe these girls would have been rescued sooner!

This police force is a disgrace, and they better get a handle on it before this case goes to court, because if they don't how many more tips are they going to make disappear without investigating??

It was reported Michelle and Gina were kept in one room, while Amanda in another. Makes sense that Michelle and Gina bonded with each other.

on ABC news this evening they said they formed a bond being kept together in the same room in that home, they kept each other going.
So glad to see Gina's family keeping them together until they are strong enough to venture out on their own.
Plus, if Michelle does have to have surgery, she will have a great family to help her through the recovery.

Do you believe the reports of Mr Poindexter and his brother who witnessed the abduction, reported her clothing, her description the location of the abduction (verified by Gina) reported the vehicle nake/model and description of the driver?
The officer never wrote a report.

Yet another tip that got treated like it was not worthy of investigating!

It will be good for Gina too, her mom said she was scared and didnt want to stay in her room alone so the family set up inflatable mattresses to stay with her in the living room.

Maybe the two together will be able to help each other over night time fears etc.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/cleveland-...night-visitors/story?id=19147785#.UY1228pc30c

Awww! Bless Gina and her family for taking Michele into their home. I've been worried about all the girls being separated. Amanda and her little girl are with her family so they most likely have a full house.

I can't even begin to comprehend being held captive for 10 years. That's a long time and there have been alot of changes in technology and society in general. Prayers for these young women, their families and little 'J'.

wm

I read that too. I wouldn't doubt it if the mother has the National Enquirer on speed dial. What does the mother not understand about " Michelle does not want to see you"?

We've all heard ( I think) that Michelle and her mom had a falling out before she went missing. So what if this guy had her believing her family wanted nothing to do with her? It happened with Steven Stayner. His kidnapper told him in the very beginning his parents were mad at him. He believed it because he had just been in trouble for painting his name on the garage.

So what the monster told her from the beginning your family doesn't want you, they want me to take you away but I'll keep you alive.... or what ever brainwashing the monster used.

She sees throughout the years the other girls being mentioned but never, never her! what would she think?

When Ramsey said WE kicked door ..I automatically thought it was Amanda and him kicking door ..I do not know why I thought that !! But that is what my minds eye saw .

AAA I just read this in the article ....Ramsey said he then "did what I had to do" to get Berry out of the house. When the door wouldn't open, Ramsey said, he helped her bust out the aluminum bottom so she and her daughter, whom Ramsey said was with her, could break free. After Berry and the little girl were out, Ramsey said, he called 911.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/amanda-ber...rescue-details/story?id=19143927#.UY1uTrXvsdM

This is not directed at anyone in particular Can we PLEASE take the discussion of Charles Ramsey to the appropriate thread??? This thread is about the three women. And to keep talking about Charles Ramsey and the rescuers, is taking away from the discussion of these three women. Take it to the appropriate thread, and stop discussing it on this one!

When Gina went missing, there were two gentlemen in a car that just about got side swiped when Ariel made a uturn, and just about hit them. When they reported this to the police, the police acted like the two gentlemen that reported it were lying. So it was deemed not a credible tip, even though the men could list the make and model of the car, as well as the color of the car.

The police seem to like to say they handled these cases as well as they could. But with more and more people coming and releasing information that they went to the police with, and how they all were treated like they were lying, it does appear that the police really messed these cases up very bad. It is ridiculous how they have handled the tips that they received it was like they didn't want to investigate the tips. And wrote off a bunch of them. Had they followed up on these tips maybe these girls would have been rescued sooner!

This police force is a disgrace, and they better get a handle on it before this case goes to court, because if they don't how many more tips are they going to make disappear without investigating??

And you don't find it at all possible that these 2 guys weren't credible at all and only seem so now because all the information they claim is public knowledge?

I was hoping that Michele would be able to stay with one of the other young women while she recuperates and transitions back into society. According to this article she is staying with Gina De Jesus. I was just thinking about how different it must be for them to now be apart after depending on one another for so many years.

2nd try to post link..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eJesus-refusing-mother-released-hospital.html

I am soooooooo happy about this. Hopefully Michelle's mother gets the hint and leaves her the heck alone! I am glad that Michelle is staying with people that will help her heal, and with Gina by her side it gives her a familiar face to be with. The two of them will benefit from being together.

Even if these two guys are credible, I don't see anything about any license plate numbers. Even if police believed them, and they were credible, unless there was a license plate number, it wouldn't necessarily help finding Gina.
There is a sketch circulated associated with Gina's abduction that looks like Castro. Do we know how that sketch came about? Obvoiusly somebody witnessed the abduction.

There needs to me new protocol when people go missing but what or how those changes should occur is hard to say. Police forces simply do not have the resources to treat every case as an abduction-

I think teens should always be seen as abductions first and if information is found otherwise then change their status to runaway- error on the side of causation.
But it wasn't negligence by LE- just poor policy (a policy that is pretty standard across the country)

When it comes to Michelle things are different- She was an adult and she had indicators that made it reasonable to conclude she left on her own- What her mother did or didn't do originally is still in question- she filed an missing person report and may have put up some fliers but she clearly never made noise, she didn't haunt the police station or keep on them about her daughter- she moved away. So Michelle being removed from the missing person list is understandable- if her family wasn't looking for her they must not be concerned (and according to her brother he didn't even know she was missing)
Michelle is a sad case. But I don't see LE being negligent in her case- I see her family as negligent.

Bolded to say that if the people here at websleuths can do it (and you people are reallllly good) I think they can figure something out. So they can't afford it . They most certainly can use these real cases as training or have people who want to work for the fbi or as detectives use these cases as training and work as volunteers. I know that a lot of people here would probably volunteer. It's time for us to quit accepting these excuses as in
Polly Klass
Elizabeth Smart
Jaycee Dugard
Steven Stayner

and many many more.

"A missing persons report was filed by the family, but apparently she was dismissed as a runaway by authorities and the case wasn't given much attention. After 15 months, she was removed from the FBI's database of missing people because police could not reach her mother to confirm she was still unaccounted for."

I'm starting to lose sympathy for this women. I'm doubtful she went back to look for her.

Michelle's mother wants to take her back to Florida to heal. That would be a mistake in my opinion. First did she ask her daughter if that's what she wanted? Of course not because Michelle doesn't even want to see her mother. I think her mother should just get back on the plane that she flew in on, and go home. She is not here for Michelle, she is here for the money and the fanfare!

Michelle was removed from the missing person database in 2003, because they were not even sure she was legally missing. No one in the family verified it, so as part of procedure her name was removed in an attempt to update their systems.

I don't think that is a good reason to remove someone However, based upon her
disability chronological age should'nt matter. Does anyone know what year Michelles mother moved to Florida. I am wondering if CPD even tried to contact her prior to removal.
The CPD now keeps a list of missing persons, after the Sowell case. I posted the pdf on a previous post. Ashley Summers was on the list but none of these women.

I have to wonder what was going through Castro's mind when he started this. How did he think this was going to end??? Was he eventually planning on killing them, to leave no witnesses??? And what was he going to do when he lost the house in July??? Was he going to try to find a new place and moved them secretly or was he realizing the jig was up and he was about to be found out??? Or was he planning on leave a few little goodbye presents buried in the backyard when he was foreclosed on in July???

I know it matters not, but I always wonder what they were thinking, where they thought this was going, how they thought it was going to end. It's a part of my curiosity in the minds of criminals. I guess if we can better understand that, then we can better understand how to prevent it or what to look for. IMO.

Great point-- I've been thinking the same. It does matter, it matters a whole lot!! I think many are right. These girls are not the only. I think he took a special liking to them. I think Gina he felt guilty because of his daughter. I think Michelle he felt bad because she was so ..... alone. I think he had a special "love" I know not love to us , but to him for Amanda.

So I think he was stuck and beginning to panic. I would bet than deep down, way down he left that house unlocked on purpose. I think he wanted them to get away subconciously .... that is just my thoughts for now. :D

It also emerged yesterday that Michelle was gang-raped and impregnated in junior high - a year before she suffered more than ten years of abuse under a kidnapper

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dopted-family-Gina-DeJesus.html#ixzz2Sw0BuMf0
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This woman has been through hell. Her mother seemed to choose her boyfriends over her children. And it was because of her boyfriend that Michelle lost custody of her child. This whole family dynamic is dysfunctional, and I hope that Michelle keeps them away from her for the rest of her life, because it seems like Mom just wants to try to re-parent Michelle, and she can't even take care of herself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill