Amanda Knox Discussion-Friendly Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

June 7, 2024

Amanda Knox remains adamant about her claim of innocence, saying she plans to appeal her re-conviction for slander all the way to the Italian Supreme Court if she has to.

"I will fight for the truth," Knox said in an interview with Sky News Italy on Thursday, June 6, making her first public comments since an appellate court in Florence, Italy, ruled to uphold the conviction related to the 2007 murder of her British roommate Meredith Kercher.

oh so she's going to waste more people's time and court resources IMO

I have not read this but it popped up at the top of the page. When I saw Amanda in Italy, AGAIN, all I could think was glutton for punishment. Who, in their right mind, would ever set foot in that country again after all that's happened?
Yes! This!!!

IMO she is now an advocate for the falsely convicted and earns her living from that and writing. She wouldn't set a good example if she threw in the towel.

MOO but I agree with you. There is a time to let it go. I doubt it will make it up the judicial ladder in Italy. To clear her name? Take that money and focus on the falsely convicted!

When Meredith was murdered, what the British press did to Amanda was beyond shocking. I suppose it was like that all over Europe. The "Foxy Knoxy", femme fatale, killer from America fictionalized character seemed to feed some sick need with the lynch mob and it doesn't matter to those people that she was innocent and Rudy clearly did it. She was pretty, a tad weird and American so guilty! She will never overcome that and it eats at her, imo.

After the ECHR found that Italy had violated Amanda's rights and ordered an action plan to rectify it, Italy could have simply annulled the verdict. But they ordered a new trial instead, and with the trial comes the right of both parties to appeal (this would go to the Supreme Court anyway, now they have to actually look at it - and if it had gone the other way, the prosecution would absolutely have appealed). The only one wasting resources here is Italy, desperately clinging to the idea that the embarrassing fiasco that was the Meredith Kercher case at least wasn't the fault of them, but Amanda

After the ECHR found that Italy had violated Amanda's rights and ordered an action plan to rectify it, Italy could have simply annulled the verdict. But they ordered a new trial instead, and with the trial comes the right of both parties to appeal (this would go to the Supreme Court anyway, now they have to actually look at it - and if it had gone the other way, the prosecution would absolutely have appealed). The only one wasting resources here is Italy, desperately clinging to the idea that the embarrassing fiasco that was the Meredith Kercher case at least wasn't the fault of them, but Amanda
What a ridiculous legal system! Kind of Kafkaesque.

I have put myself in her shoes many times..I have imagined it in many languages too. Italy is not some third world country with little law , I disagree very much that she was so hysterical and unable to understand when she speaks Italian is there to speak Italian, can talk to a lawyer...can call her parents..can handle a misunderstanding and work through problems because she is not an idiot. But even when she has all this going for her she just throws in the towel and accuses her boss of murder? sorry but just no. I don't buy it. I know LE can be very intimidating and she was no doubt frightened , hungry etc..but her own behavior was so unhinged that all this is what took her to a jail sentence to begin with. I don't believe anyone hit her either. I don't believe her.
mOO
Can't agree more, Minazoe.

agree to disagree

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back