Amanda Knox found guilty for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking for some legal precedent as to whether Knox would be extradited or not. I found bloomfield vs. gengler, in which some Americans were initially accused of importing and exporting drugs from Canada. Their case was dismissed, the dismissal was then overturned and they were found guilty in absentia.
The convicted Americans fought their extradition, one of the grounds being double jeopardy, and the court did find that if they had been acquitted in the U.S. they couldn't be tried again. But they were convicted in Canada, and since their crime of importing drugs is a crime in America and there was sufficient evidence to criminality to have justified the trial, that is all the treaty requires. Double jeopardy doesn't come into play under extradition laws.

http://openjurist.org/507/f2d/925/united-states-bloomfield-v-gengler-e-ettinger

I will be surprised if the US denies extradition. This was a murder of a British woman in Italy. I would hope that the Brits would add some pressure to the US having to accept.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/amanda-kno...ref=http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=22295682

Nothing has changed in Amanda's choice of words and how she says things.
This line stands out to me

" The evidence and accusatory theory do not justify a guilty verdict beyond a reasonable doubt. Rather, nothing has changed. There has always been a marked lack of evidence.

What innocent person says this? Why not simply say there's no evidence because I'm completely innocent, instead she says they couldn't prove their case BARD in her opinion. Blows my mind the things she continues to say.

Yes, and that was even from her statement after the verdict which was sent out to the media, right? You would think statements like those would be read-over by her team, and any of them should have know what kind of weird verbage that is. But I guess she didn't want to listen to anyone.

I just watched the GMA interview post-verdict. Her voice is constantly poised right at the edge of tears, the high tremor, on the edge of crying. This would be understandable, of course, that one might be on the verge of tears--but there's something about it that seems so forced to me, how long she sustains this tone in her voice-- like she's acting. It doesn't seem genuine. There's also a lot of word salad, talking about nothing, just to fill space, and right, not a lot of just straight up "I am innocent". It's all about being a victim. She drops in the reference to talking to the priest at the prison and makes it sound like he supports her. She wants us all to know how compassionate she is for Raphael and the Kerchers. It just seems like a performance to me. Totally unscientific, I know, and other people will read her differently. I'm just kind of fascinated by the behavior of people who seem to me to be narcissistic. The subtle ways they twist things and manipulate language, especially. JMO IMO of course!!

Yes, and that was even from her statement after the verdict which was sent out to the media, right? You would think statements like those would be read-over by her team, and any of them should have know what kind of weird verbage that is. But I guess she didn't want to listen to anyone.

Yes that's her statement released after the verdict. I agree I don't know why someone wouldn't point out to her how that sounds. Or maybe you're right and she doesn't listen.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/amanda-kno...ref=http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=22295682

Nothing has changed in Amanda's choice of words and how she says things.
This line stands out to me

" The evidence and accusatory theory do not justify a guilty verdict beyond a reasonable doubt. Rather, nothing has changed. There has always been a marked lack of evidence.

What innocent person says this? Why not simply say there's no evidence because I'm completely innocent, instead she says they couldn't prove their case BARD in her opinion. Blows my mind the things she continues to say.

I find her verbiage & mannerisms fascinating!

(Not in a good way)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just watched the GMA interview post-verdict. Her voice is constantly poised right at the edge of tears, the high tremor, on the edge of crying. This would be understandable, of course, that one might be on the verge of tears--but there's something about it that seems so forced to me, how long she sustains this tone in her voice-- like she's acting. It doesn't seem genuine. There's also a lot of word salad, talking about nothing, just to fill space, and right, not a lot of just straight up "I am innocent". It's all about being a victim. She drops in the reference to talking to the priest at the prison and makes it sound like he supports her. She wants us all to know how compassionate she is for Raphael and the Kerchers. It just seems like a performance to me. Totally unscientific, I know, and other people will read her differently. I'm just kind of fascinated by the behavior of people who seem to me to be narcissistic. The subtle ways they twist things and manipulate language, especially. JMO IMO of course!!

I completely agree I've talked to numerous people who have believed what they've read in media of her being innocent until they've seen her in a interview. She does herself no favors because she does not come off as genuine at all. I agree she comes off as a narcissist and it is constantly about me,me,me.

If you think that is bad, you should see her other interviews. In this one, I think she was actually shaken because she knows she's been caught. And he has real fear that she will have to spend 28 years in prison. Of course, it was still about "me me me," but that's understandable in that situation, on the day after your verdict of Guilty has been read and you're faced with the reality.

I could tell she was actually shaken in that interview b/c if you noticed, she would sort of forget her pre-rehearsed lines. She's start saying them, but then get kind of nervious, and then go to "ummm...." until she could remember the rest of the line. And she was getting kind of confused and mixing up lines.

In other interviews, when she's not as nervous, she is very poised and she spits out her pre-rehearsed lines one after the other. There are no pauses. She has gotten her lines down by now.

In this one, she actually forgot some of her lines.

I find her verbiage & mannerisms fascinating!

(Not in a good way)

I have always found her statements to be very narcissistic.

Most all of it is going on and on about 'poor me' and very little about the young woman who was brutally murdered.

IMO

Seems quite a few legal experts are adamant that Knox will be extradited, if (more like when) Italy ask.

http://news.sky.com/story/1204117/amanda-knox-will-be-extradited-by-us
I think some media are asking the right people now. Not every lawyer or legal 'expert' knows about extradition laws. Others had some time now to look things up. I believe even Dershowitz got it wrong at first. Ask the people that actually specialize in extradition or international law :)
http://m.metro.us/newyork/news/nati...a-knox-verdict-puts-u-s-credibility-on-trial/

What I wonder is if Knox will be arrested and maybe jailed (waiting for the extradition outcome) will this time be deducted from her murder sentence? If not, she should hope it won't take very long.

Excellent article!
http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=22306461&sid=76

Very good article. While I've always believed that they were most likely involved in the murder, I've been positive they at least were involved in a clean-up and staging of the scene, there is no other explanation as to how things were as they were at the cottage.

This is the victim in this case.

1798770_724933660870652_1220602146_n.jpg

http://img1.imagesbn.com/p/9781444742770_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

The extended video of the presser with the Kerchers today

Meredith Kercher's Family Makes Statement On Amanda Knox Murder Verdict - YouTube

How anyone can bad mouth this family is beyond me. They deserve the upmost respect for how they have handled this tragedy.

IMO the ONLY person that has disrespected them in Amanda Knox by constantly trying to insinuate herself into their lives.
It's been made clear they want nothing to do with her.

I predict the media tide is going to turn against Amanda. Americans have very short attention spans. The same spiel will not be profitable for media outlets. No one will be tuning in to listen to Amanda say the same things.
All IMO

IMO the ONLY person that has disrespected them in Amanda Knox by constantly trying to insinuate herself into their lives.
It's been made clear they want nothing to do with her.

I know you probably don't want to visit her blog site but the comments section is filled with judgements of the Kerchers by some of her defenders. For some reason some feel the need to blame them for what AK is going through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crowskullsearch33