Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot see why the defense team, together with Curt Knox, her German family, and others, could not have made these things know to the embassy, and requested some sort of investigation. It's not as though Knox was alone in her plight: From the beginning, she had others fighting for her. I'll bet my family would have let me rot in an Italian jail....

I believe it was a job of the officials to monitor the situation. So they did nothing about it and not even mention it in the correspondence? That's quite a support...

I believe it was a job of the officials to monitor the situation. So they did nothing about it and not even mention it in the correspondence? That's quite a support...
You mean the Americans?

I also just want the truth. Anyway, one more thing about the postal police comment ,"this was no burglary!" They must have been talking about Filomena's room only when they said that, because items were stolen from Meredith's room. If the broken window happened after the murder, then clearly it was staged to make it look like a break-in.
I just feel it could equally be true that Rudy broke in that way as he had recently done two other times (and was caught but not arrested WTF?!?!) and then the rape and murder were more of a crime of opportunity when Meredith came home.
Rudy knows.

Yes, Rudy know everything. I just think, investigators knew that Rudy knew, why couldn't they make Rudy break, like they supposedly did with Amanda and Raf? He was obviously there, there are no questions about that. What would their incentive be to be harder on Amanda and Raf than on Rudy?? I'm talking about initial interrogations of Rudy.
Would they not have utmost incentive to make Rudy crack and tell them entire truth of what happen ended that night? Yet in interrogations, they could not make Rudy crack. Yet we are supposed to believe that they somehow put so much pressure instead on Amanda and Raffaele?

Well, I know what you mean. But Mignini, Massei, Micheli, Crini do believe they have answered to all and created a cohesive narrative and rendered a logical explanation from the pieces.

Massei provides an answer about the knife - it was carried by Amanda for protection :facepalm:

nothing about the other issues.

No, SMK, they don't believe they have a scenario. They know they have none and they hope they need none. they must hope the smoke and mirrors and character assassination will be enough.

Yes, the postal police said this about Filomena's room long before they discovered there was a dead body behind the locked door . Agreed: if the break-in was authentic and not actually staged, then it would be plausible that Guede (whom I would agree, seemed to not be held accountable for his criminal actions, for some strange reason) might fall back on habits in a pinch, and with the cottage empty for the holiday weekend.

The problem is there are two competing scenarios, which are mutually exclusive. Either the police came to a conclusion too quickly, and Knox and Sollecito are simply wrongfully suspected, arrested, and convicted - or the police are shrewder than we think, and the 2 did in fact have involvement with this crime (simulation, traces, making a record of innocence with the calls on Nov 2).

They cannot both be true. They are diametrically opposed scenarios. And this is what drives me crazy: I don't want to be wrong, to view the defendants wrongly - whether as innocents railroaded, or guilty but hiding in plain sight. I see both sides too clearly.

Yes, I think all the time, one side is completely right and one side is completely wrong in everything we say. I am not exempting myself....I could be on the completely wrong side! But by necessity, on one of the sides....everything being said is wrong! Crazy to think about it like that!

You mean the Perugians didn't even inform the Americans about the claim of abusive interrogation?
Did she officially make such a claim, and wouldn't her attorneys do something?

Yes, Rudy know everything. I just think, investigators knew that Rudy knew, why couldn't they make Rudy break, like they supposedly did with Amanda and Raf? He was obviously there, there are no questions about that. What would their incentive be to be harder on Amanda and Raf than on Rudy?? I'm talking about initial interrogations of Rudy.
Would they not have utmost incentive to make Rudy crack and tell them entire truth of what happen ended that night? Yet in interrogations, they could not make Rudy crack. Yet we are supposed to believe that they somehow put so much pressure instead on Amanda and Raffaele?

By the time they had Rudy they were perfectly aware the other two are innocent. Why would they pressure Guede to confirm that? They were so gentle with him for a reason.
Guede is going out in a few months. Good job. Now that's some justice for Meredith.

Did she officially make such a claim, and wouldn't her attorneys do something?

They realized Amanda put a noose around her neck by writing about the abuse. They remembered Aldo Bianzino who died just a few weeks before. Her attorneys knew the Perugian ways and tried very hard not to antagonize the authorities while Amanda was in their hands and at their mercy.

By the time they had Rudy they were perfectly aware the other two are innocent. Why would they pressure Guede to confirm that? They were so gentle with him for a reason.
Guede is going out in a few months. Good job. Now that's some justice for Meredith.
BBM - I would hope that's not true. If it is, it's dreadful. I have to believe that they believed their scenario. Mignini swears he will always believe they were involved, and has said if he is wrong, he will be granted absolution.

The police were suspicious because the climb seemed impossible to them. As we've seen in the TV reconstruction the climb is easy. The court saw another video demonstration by Raffaele's lawyer.

I wouldn't trust in the Perugian authorities opinions and judgment at all.

There is only one scenario. The other one is not even a scenario but a naked assertion. It doesn't explain the evidence, it doesn't provide any answers. it doesn't try to fit the evidence into any coherent whole.

I'd love to see some attempt at explaining the nonexistence of traces in Meredith's room.
or the footprints, how do they fit the guilt scenario, how and when were they made?
or why would guilty Raffaele drop his alibi out of nowhere?
or why would the kitchen knife be used in murder?

Once we have something including all of these elements we can consider which scenario looks more plausible. Now there is simply nothing to compare at all.

You may think there is nothing to compare, but obviously the courts think otherwise. There is a reason there was trial, appeal, now this latest phase, whatever it's called!

BBM - I would hope that's not true. If it is, it's dreadful. I have to believe that they believed their scenario. Mignini swears he will always believe they were involved, and has said if he is wrong, he will be granted absolution.

Mignini has been caught lying many times.

The authorities exposed their impunity and thuggery in the recent scandal involving Napoleoni and her goons.

You may think there is nothing to compare, but obviously the courts think otherwise. There is a reason there was trial, appeal, now this latest phase, whatever it's called!

The reason there was a trial was that otherwise the Perugian cops and Mignini would face criminal and disciplinary charges for the abuse during the illegal interrogation. Not to mention exposing their absolute incompetence. They needed the witch to be guilty at all costs.

The authorities exposed their impunity and thuggery in the recent scandal involving Napoleoni and her goons.
I was not aware of these scandals (excepting the Monster of Florence stuff). I would like to believe they "went easy" on Guede because they saw him as a bit player (a farce of course if one believes in the Lone Wolf theory, admittedly) and they knew Sollecito and Knox would be more newsworthy on a global level ( albeit they believed them guilty in order to want them to be newsworthy).

What you believe about Mignini et al makes them so evil, so pernicious, so utterly hideous and heinous - that they are like the beast rising from the sea in the book of Revelation. I hope you're wrong.

You are saying good job like I had something to do with it.

But why would they have this evil vendetta against Amanda and Raffaele? What would the incentives and motivation be?

You are saying good job like I had something to do with it.

But why would they have this evil vendetta against Amanda and Raffaele? What would the incentives and motivation be?
BBM - right. If any of this were true, these people would be monsters of unfathomable evil. And the motive - to save face - would be a trivial one.

This is starting to sound like a cheaply made mafia movie.

What you believe about Mignini et al makes them so evil, so pernicious, so utterly hideous and heinous - that they are like the beast rising from the sea in the book of Revelation. I hope you're wrong.

Objectively it is evil. But it is not exceptional. Small town morality constrained to protecting your own group, blue wall of silence. With sufficient dose of dehumanizing of the outsiders (as Amanda and Raffaele were) and rationalization I think they even believe they do the right thing. "The American *advertiser censored* and her pothead boyfriend deserve a lesson anyway, for the drugs and being so slutty, don't they?"
Just like Aldo Bianzino deserved a lesson and got it. It was not their fault he was such a weakling and gave up the ghost from their lesson.

The reason there was a trial was that otherwise the Perugian cops and Mignini would face criminal and disciplinary charges for the abuse during the illegal interrogation. Not to mention exposing their absolute incompetence. They needed the witch to be guilty at all costs.

Charged by whom? I thought the prosecutors were the ones who bring charges in the first place.....

BBM - right. If any of this were true, these people would be monsters of unfathomable evil. And the motive - to save face - would be a trivial one.

Saving face is secondary.

Saving their own from criminal and disciplinary consequences was the main reason. Local politics and blue wall of silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renasalazar