Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How convenient that for 6 years, innocent side has been able to totally ignore their cell phones (Amanda and RS's), the fact that they were turned off.

sorry, this is not true. the innocent side has not "ignored" the cell phone issue. it has been said that amanda turned hers off b/c she didn't want PL to call her into work if he realized he needed her. plus, they wanted to be alone together... i've turned my phone off for that reason waay too many times to count :)

sorry, this is not true. the innocent side has not "ignored" the cell phone issue. it has been said that amanda turned hers off b/c she didn't want PL to call her into work if he realized he needed her. plus, they wanted to be alone together... i've turned my phone off for that reason waay too many times to count :)

To the contrary, it's the accusation side that ignores it, after introducing it only to muddy the waters. They can't fit it into their unpremeditated fight over poo or whichever "choice of evil" scenario is all the rage at the moment.

What is funny about the Prosecutor stating that it rained on the night of the murder?

Knox told the lawyer her version of reality, the lawyer presented that in court, Dempsey remarked on it in her cooking blog, and that makes it a fact? I don't think so. Perhaps Dempsey looked at historical, regional weather records and decided that they were more accurate than eye witnesses, which is no better.

please stop misconstruing what was posted...

the :floorlaugh: was a response to the comment about CD's whereabouts. it is immaterial.

the article stated the defense lawyers said it was not raining, not CD.

the article was not posted on a "cooking blog" but on a news site -- the seattle post-intelligencer: http://www.seattlepi.com

lastly, how many people do you know who hang out in a public square in the rain? or hang out in a public square in the rain reading the newspaper? none, right?

I cant believe what's been written on here the last few pages.

since raffaele had that history of bestiality and a desire for "extreme experiences", maybe the kitty cat downstairs was bleeding elsewhere besides the ear? :scared:

Fixed the link :) Suddenly I feel there is not much left to discuss. Now we know Knox has a MO of playing a prank on a roommate and staging a burglary. I believe there will be a guilty verdict for both. We will see what the sentencing will be. Then the discussion continues about extradition.
http://justice4ever.com/2014/01/extradition-amanda-knox/

Thanks. I would agree. Everything that has been discussed seems to click into place like two perfectly aligned rotating gears with Knox's admission that, for kicks, she likes to traumatize roommates by staging a burglary and home invasion. The only other case where I've read about a similar treatment of roommates is Russell Williams. When he was in University, he did the same thing to roommates. Essentially, he traumatized others for his amusement by breaking-in and scaring people. He also asked friends to participate in his "pranks". When he was in his 50s, he was convicted of violently torturing women before murdering them.

If the conviction is upheld, we know that the Italians mean business in terms of seeing this through to its logical conclusion. US law should not apply to a murder in Italy, so I don't think that Knox can avoid extradition, but that remains to be seen.

please stop misconstruing what was posted...

the :floorlaugh: was a response to the comment about CD's whereabouts. it is immaterial.

the article stated the defense lawyers said it was not raining, not CD.

the article was not posted on a "cooking blog" but on a news site -- the seattle post-intelligencer: http://www.seattlepi.com

lastly, how many people do you know who hang out in a public square in the rain? or hang out in a public square in the rain reading the newspaper? none, right?

During the trial, the prosecution introduced evidence that it was raining on the night of the murder and that there should be mud evidence beneath the window and in Filomina's bedroom. In response to this information, people that want to believe Knox/Sollecito innocent looked for historical weather records on the internet. To their relief, they discovered historical, regional weather information suggesting that there was no rain in the region on the night of the murder. Unfortunately, that is not enough to eliminate the fact that, in Perugia, it rained on the night of the murder.

Given that we have two sources: the prosecutor's office in Perugia and a blogger in Seattle, or a reactive defense, what is the better source?

No it doesn't fit. You need to work on it.

7.51pm Guede is at the cottage.

At 8.40pm Amanda is speaking to Joanna Popovic.

8.42pm to 8.46pm Raffaele is talking to his Dad from his landline.

9.01pm Meredith arrives home and Guede admits being there.

There's human interaction on Raffaele's computer at 9.10pm and 9.26pm

The call between Sollecito and his father is listed under mobile phone traffic in the Massei Report (page 316).

I've never seen a timeline for Guede on the night of the murder.

The Amelie movie simply stopped playing at 9:10 and there was no confirmed human interaction with the computer until the following morning around 5:32 AM.

Thanks. I would agree. Everything that has been discussed seems to click into place like two perfectly aligned rotating gears with Knox's admission that, for kicks, she likes to traumatize roommates by staging a burglary and home invasion.

Where did she admit to staging home invasion? I've seen only one blog comment and it's not there. Could you post a quote?

Knox said that Patrick murdered Meredith and that she turned off her phone so he couldn't contact her. Which part of that are we supposed to believe?

The call between Sollecito and his father is listed under mobile phone traffic in the Massei Report (page 316).

I've never seen a timeline for Guede on the night of the murder.

The Amelie movie simply stopped playing at 9:10 and there was no confirmed human interaction with the computer until the following morning around 5:32 AM.

There is 9:26 pm interaction, video playing. Crini acknowledged it in his arguments, so it's not disputed.

As some one else posted on another site: just imagine what the reaction would be if Amanda was known to have commited a burglary, if she was known to have climbed in through a window, if she was known to have threatened some one with a knife?

No one is denying that Guede was involved in the murder. Knox has the same prior anti-social behavior problems as Guede. So does Sollecito.

<modsnip>

http://www.tekjournalismuk.com/45/post/2014/01/exclusive-amanda-knox-admits-staging-burglary.html

Thank you for your support, whoanellie :)

It explains a lot of things such as the cell phones, the motive, the knives, the connection with Rudy - those are big things, don't you think? After all, it was the innocent side kept bringing up, but why, why, why? What about Rudy, how does Rudy fit into it?

And prior to this, innocent side could simply ignore the GLARING fact of both of their cell phones being turned off, b/c it didn't match the theory b/c that would have been pre-meditated. Well, now we know that it was pre-meditated, just not the murder, only the prank.

How convenient that for 6 years, innocent side has been able to totally ignore their cell phones (Amanda and RS's), the fact that they were turned off.
If it were premeditated, they would have left their cell phones on and at Raf's place. The problem with Rudy is that there is zero communication between him and the pair, except as pure, unalloyed conjecture.

There is 9:26 pm interaction, video playing. Crini acknowledged it in his arguments, so it's not disputed.
And with that interaction acknowledged, the TOD problem gets more acute for the prosecution. Several independent lines of evidence put the TOD as no later than about 10 PM, and we know from Ms. Popovic that Amanda was behaving normally as of roughly 8:30. There is not enough time for the pair to get wasted, somehow bump into Rudy, and commit this crime in a narrow window of time. MOO.

As some one else posted on another site: just imagine what the reaction would be if Amanda was known to have commited a burglary, if she was known to have climbed in through a window, if she was known to have threatened some one with a knife?
I always took Guede's criminal proclivities seriously, and continue to keep them well in mind. They should not be dismissed, no matter the scenario one is considering.

I always took Guede's criminal proclivities seriously, and continue to keep them well in mind. They should not be dismissed, no matter the scenario one is considering.

Yes I agree knowing his history has always made me question why in a previous break in he had used a second story window via a balcony. That was an option he would've been aware of at the cottage and he chose the much more difficult route.

Yes I agree knowing his history has always made me question why in a previous break in he had used a second story window via a balcony.
Because there were grates to use as a ladder. Just like under Filomena's window. What do you think about him using a rock to break a window in previous burglary?

Because there were grates to use as a ladder. Just like under Filomena's window. What do you think about him using a rock to break a window in previous burglary?

I disagree on the ease of the climb to that window, hence the use of an expert climber to show it. Keeping in mind they never showed the demonstration all the way through for a reason. All they proved was how easy the climb was with the use of the bars installed.

I doubt rocks are uncommon for breaking windows.

No it doesn't fit. You need to work on it.

7.51pm Guede is at the cottage.

At 8.40pm Amanda is speaking to Joanna Popovic.

8.42pm to 8.46pm Raffaele is talking to his Dad from his landline.

9.01pm Meredith arrives home and Guede admits being there.

There's human interaction on Raffaele's computer at 9.10pm and 9.26pm

Ok, thanks. Is it for sure that that is Guede at the 7:51 CCTV? Joanna was only there couple of minutes, right? But I thought they turned their phones off at 8:42, so how could Raffaele be talking with his father? I read it from Massei report, just last night I checked it, it said from 8:42 on, there was no activity on the phone.

At 8:42, they could have been already walking towards the cottage.

I don't agree with the human interaction at 9:10 and 9:26, I believe that's disputable and thus they could have been anywhere else at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxmia2020