Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The large bathroom, assigned to Laura and Filomina, is off the kitchen, so if Meredith came in and Guede was in the bathroom, there would have been a light on in that laundry/bathroom area that would have been easily visible from the kitchen/entrance. Since Filomina and Laura were away, and Knox was assigned to the small bathroom, Meredith would have immediately wondered who would be using the large bathroom.

I doubt that Meredith would have ignored someone in the large bathroom, and she might even have looked into Laura and Filomina's bedroom to see if either of them were home ... since both were expected to be away that night.

What I'm saying is that if Guede was in the cottage listening to music when she returned home, there should have been red flags all over the place before she went to her room to settle in for the evening.

I completely disagree with this. The front door is enclosed in a vestibule with a small doorway leading to the living room. There is a refrigerator to the right of the doorway that blocks the view of Laura's door and the laundry room door. Through the laundry room door which could have been closed, there is another door to the bathroom itself.

As long as Rudy wasn't actually listening to an ipod while on the toilet, he would have plenty of time upon hearing someone unlocking the front door to turn off the light where he was, shut the door to the bathroom and even the laundry door.

The large bathroom, assigned to Laura and Filomina, is off the kitchen, so if Meredith came in and Guede was in the bathroom, there would have been a light on in that laundry/bathroom area that would have been easily visible from the kitchen/entrance. Since Filomina and Laura were away, and Knox was assigned to the small bathroom, Meredith would have immediately wondered who would be using the large bathroom.

I doubt that Meredith would have ignored someone in the large bathroom, and she might even have looked into Laura and Filomina's bedroom to see if either of them were home ... since both were expected to be away that night.

What I'm saying is that if Guede was in the cottage listening to music when she returned home, there should have been red flags all over the place before she went to her room to settle in for the evening.
OK; thanks very much for this clarification.

It's behind the door.
Yes, we cleared that up with another photo: Amanda's lamp was on its side; partly behind the door, with the neck and shade going toward under the bed. thanks :)

I completely disagree with this. The front door is enclosed in a vestibule with a small doorway leading to the living room. There is a refrigerator to the right of the doorway that blocks the view of Laura's door and the laundry room door. Through the laundry room door which could have been closed, there is another door to the bathroom itself.

As long as Rudy wasn't actually listening to an ipod while on the toilet, he would have plenty of time upon hearing someone unlocking the front door to turn off the light where he was, shut the door to the bathroom and even the laundry door.

Wasn't there all sorts of speculation about Meredith going to the fridge to eat a mushroom after she arrived home? I think it's pretty much impossible to open the fridge without noticing that something is not quite right in the bathroom next to the fridge. How does the mushroom fit into the scenario of Guede already being in the cottage?

What was the theory about the mushroom?

Wasn't there all sorts of speculation about Meredith going to the fridge to eat a mushroom after she arrived home? I think it's pretty much impossible to open the fridge without noticing that something is not quite right in the bathroom next to the fridge. How does the mushroom fit into the scenario of Guede already being in the cottage?

What was the theory about the mushroom?
From my recollection (from the Hendry scenario) it was theorized that when Meredith came home from her friends', she ate a mushroom (uncooked) out of the refridgerator , because a mushroom was found partly in the esophegus.

from a news article (this time the mushroom isn't mentioned)

Mr. Hendry continues, “When Meredith entered, Guede was answering a call of nature on the toilet in the front bathroom that Filomena and Laura shared. DNA on a piece of toilet paper would later be recovered from the unflushed toilet bowl.”

Meredith could not have seen him unless she walked into the kitchen and peered around the corner; instead she walked straight down the hallway to her bedroom. It appears she never knew Rudy was there until he overpowered her in the small, 9 x 11, bedroom at the back of the apartment. She was trapped.

http://www.vashonloop.com/article/amanda-knox-innocence-lost

From my recollection (from the Hendry scenario) it was theorized that when Meredith came home from her friends', she ate a mushroom (uncooked) out of the refridgerator , because a mushroom was found partly in the esophegus.

I imagine she would at least leave her bag in her room and took of her shoes before eating any raw mushrooms.

BTW If she ate a mushroom and it was still in her esophagus when she died, what does it tell us about the ToD and the time the attack started?

OK, if so, then I'll dismiss it. thanks

It's in John Follain. Says police seized a light green diary from her bag that she began in August and was missing pages from early October on ward. If its unbelievable, I also believe BN mentions this.

In the esophagus? Wouldn't that mean that she had barely swallowed the mushroom when she was attacked?

I imagine she would at least leave her bag in her room and took of her shoes before eating any raw mushrooms.

BTW If she ate a mushroom and it was still in her esophagus when she died, what does it tell us about the ToD and the time the attack started?
I don't know. I am furious right now because I can't find the section where Hendry speaks of the mushroom - yet I KNOW I got it from Hendry :furious:

Ok, so are people actually suggesting that AK and RS must be guilty because RG didn't implicate them, which he should have done if they were innocent (because that's what a murdering liar would do), but he didn't, therefore it supports their guilt? So lack of being implicated in something raises a red flag about every person who isn't implicated? He didn't implicate any of the other roommates either - perhaps they're involved too?

Wow. That's a pretty muddled argument, methinks.

In the esophagus? Wouldn't that mean that she had barely swallowed the mushroom when she was attacked?
I think the premise was that either a piece had gotten stuck, or that she had some reflux (it rose back up in her throat). I am just so angry that I cannot locate - I can't use Google right now, maybe someone can Google "Hendry-Meredith-mushroom" :(

from a news article (this time the mushroom isn't mentioned)

Mr. Hendry continues, “When Meredith entered, Guede was answering a call of nature on the toilet in the front bathroom that Filomena and Laura shared. DNA on a piece of toilet paper would later be recovered from the unflushed toilet bowl.”

Meredith could not have seen him unless she walked into the kitchen and peered around the corner; instead she walked straight down the hallway to her bedroom. It appears she never knew Rudy was there until he overpowered her in the small, 9 x 11, bedroom at the back of the apartment. She was trapped.

http://www.vashonloop.com/article/amanda-knox-innocence-lost

On one side of the fridge is the laundry/large bathroom, and on the other is the entrance (with a small vestibule). Why wouldn't Meredith notice that someone was in the large bathroom area if she was at the fridge? Also, why would Filomina's bedroom door be closed at that time? Meredith would have walked by that bedroom twice if she went to her room to put down her things and then went to the kitchen. The mess and broken window should have caught her attention.

This all seems to make the assumption that Guede was comfortable moving through an unknown space in the dark and that he closed Filomina's bedroom door before going to the bathroom. We also have that he was aggressive towards women when he was drunk or stoned, but not otherwise, so if he was drunk or stoned, it's even more unlikely that he would think to turn off lights, close doors, manoeuver in the dark.

Isn't it also true that there were no mushrooms in the fridge?

It's in John Follain. Says police seized a light green diary from her bag that she began in August and was missing pages from early October on ward. If its unbelievable, I also believe BN mentions this.
Oh, thanks for that info, Amber!

I think the premise was that either a piece had gotten stuck, or that she had some reflux (it rose back up in her throat). I am just so angry that I cannot locate - I can't use Google right now, maybe someone can Google "Hendry-Meredith-mushroom" :(

Don't worry about it. I take your word for it.

Reflux sounds more likely.

Don't worry about it. I take your word for it.

Reflux sounds more likely.
Thank you:blushing:

I recall being baffled when I first read that "Meredith arrives home, plucks a mushroom from the fridge..." - I could not figure out why that had been added to the narrative. Then there was the explanation of what was found in the autopsy.

On one side of the fridge is the laundry/large bathroom, and on the other is the entrance (with a small vestibule). Why wouldn't Meredith notice that someone was in the large bathroom area if she was at the fridge? Also, why would Filomina's bedroom door be closed at that time? Meredith would have walked by that bedroom twice if she went to her room to put down her things and then went to the kitchen. The mess and broken window should have caught her attention.

This all seems to make the assumption that Guede was comfortable moving through an unknown space in the dark and that he closed Filomina's bedroom door before going to the bathroom. We also have that he was aggressive towards women when he was drunk or stoned, but not otherwise, so if he was drunk or stoned, it's even more unlikely that he would think to turn off lights, close doors, manoeuver in the dark.

Isn't it also true that there were no mushrooms in the fridge?

Come on, is it so impossible to imagine that a burglar was using a flashlight to move around the house? Or that he turned on a light in the main space that provided enough light to see where the bathroom was? He absolutely had time to turn off the bathroom light and even close the door, so there would be no visible sign of disturbance from outside the laundry room door.

I don't think it was Hendry. Mushroom was Mignini's idea IIRC.

Come on, is it so impossible to imagine that a burglar was using a flashlight to move around the house? Or that he turned on a light in the main space that provided enough light to see where the bathroom was? He absolutely had time to turn off the bathroom light and even close the door, so there would be no visible sign of disturbance from outside the laundry room door.

Did Guede carry a flashlight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members