Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, double jeopardy is a very complicated principle. and can't be reduced to such simple statements. Here's a helpful explanation: http://www.law.cornell.edu/anncon/amdt5afrag2_user.html#amdt5a_hd7

This last "appeal" was actually a retrying of the case.I think it would be completely ethical for Amanda Knox to avoid extradition. Yet I've always disliked her and suspected her.

Yes, "double jeopardy" is complex, but it can be reduced to a simple statement to make a complex point simple.

BBM: This last "Appeal" was NOT a retry of the case:

A retry would have been done in the TRIAL Court in Italy -- this was done in the Appeals Court.

Also, individual countries, states, etc. have their own system, or method, of how their "appeals" work ...

:moo:

Reasonable doubt does NOT equal beyond ALL doubt.

In order for her to be innocent...one must make a boat load of excuses & unreasonable conclusions for everything from her ridiculous lies, actions, evidence and contradictions in their stories (lies)

So I'm sure time served will be applied, which is around 4 years. That means Sollecito has 21 years to go? I do know it's possible for early release in Italy, just not sure how that works.

Guede is eligible for parole after serving half the sentence and, with good behavior, it is reduced by another year. Sollecito, with 21 years left to serve, could be eligible for parole after 10.5 years minus 1-2 for good behavior.

I was in Perugia last year and it isn't just Americans who think Sollectio and Amanda Knox are being unduly prosecuted. MANY Italians recognize the unsavory tactics of the shady, underhanded prosecutor Mignini. He openly promoted his Satanic cult theory and without a shred of information to support it, he claimed that Knox and Sollecito are members. He is on a vendetta and presents his wild imaginings as evidence. Many Italians openly question not only his judgement & honesty but his own sanity. He should be locked up.

I trust the Italian Supreme Court will overturn this latest fiasco.

Guede is eligible for parole after serving half the sentence and, with good behavior, it is reduced by another year. Sollecito, with 21 years left to serve, could be eligible for parole after 10.5 years minus 1-2 for good behavior.

If he had just plead guilty like Guede and served his time, he'd be getting close to a release already.

Multiple prosecutors worked this case, not just one. Are they all corrupt?

I believe they are all working off tainted evidence and the falsehood of convicted prosecutor who dreamed up the case.

HE did this in a prior case and was convicted of it.

This is not justice.

Guede did not plead guilty. Guede went the fast track trial route. Guede still contends that he is innocent of killing Meredith and that he had a "date" with her that night to explain all of the evidence against him.

I was in Perugia last year and it isn't just Americans who think Sollectio and Amanda Knox are being unduly prosecuted. MANY Italians recognize the unsavory tactics of the shady, underhanded prosecutor Mignini. He openly promoted his Satanic cult theory and without a shred of information to support it, he claimed that Knox and Sollecito are members. He is on a vendetta and presents his wild imaginings as evidence. Many Italians openly question not only his judgement & honesty but his own sanity. He should be locked up.

Galati handled the appeal to scc and Crini prosecuted the case in the Nencini court. Why would they support Mignini if his case was based on a satonic ritual?

Mignini did not argue this case in the current venue.

I believe they are all working off tainted evidence and the falsehood of convicted prosecutor who dreamed up the case.

This is not justice.

I'm sorry but Mignini has not been convicted of anything.

Not me. That was one nasty guy that killed her. The rest of it is just fantasy.

Ryan Ferguson will be on to talk about her case tonight. I am interested in what he says.

Ita. What station is he going to be on?

This is not justice.

Actually, the original prosecutor was not convicted of anything.

Additionally, the appeal was handled by a completely different prosecutor.

BBM: Respectfully must disagree ...

The judicial process can take years, and that is what has happened in this case because a HUGE mistake was made at the Appellate Court level by the Hellmann decision ...

Also, Italy has a "3 Tier Court System" -- which is the same 3 tier court system we have here in Louisiana ...

And it takes years for a case to go from the Trial Court to the Appellate Court to the Supreme Court then back "down the ladder" when ordered to do so by the higher courts ...

JMO and MOO ... but it will be over when the Supreme Court of Italy gets it next and makes its ruling ...

See, the Supreme Court has already sent it back once to the Appellate Court to get it right -- which they got it right this time ... They are NOT going to send it back ...

I have faith that the GUILTY decision will stand ...

All JMO and :moo:

No. Because even in alabama you can not be tried 2 times for the same time. It is not the same.

Respectfully, this case is NOT in Alabama -- this case is in Italy.

I have followed this case for years now, and I have gained a lot of knowledge as to how the judicial system works in Italy ... and it's "3 tier court system" is what we have here in the Louisiana state court system :

1. A Trial Court . . . 2. An Appellate Court . . . 3. A Supreme Court

Also, Louisiana is a "civil law" state, and so is Italy.

And it takes YEARS and years for a case to go through the ENTIRE judicial process when you have 3 courts to go through ...

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member