Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A great source is themurderofmeredithkercher.com
The section called "myths debunked" is great. Pretty much every argument I've heard for her innocence over the years is there. I've been arguing those points forever with people who are misinformed due to the American media spin on this case.

Okay, thanks. I'll check that out.

A great source is themurderofmeredithkercher.com
The section called "myths debunked" is great. Pretty much every argument I've heard for her innocence over the years is there. I've been arguing those points forever with people who are misinformed due to the American media spin on this case.

But then there's probably a site called "Debunking the so called debunked myths on themurderofmeridithkercher.com site." Just kidding, but kind of not lol.

Let's take this site out for a test spin.
1. Myths debunked
TMoMK says (Myth 4) that it is a myth that AK quickly withdrew her statement. Quoting her handwritten note of 6 November, " "I stand by my statements that I made last night about events that could have taken place in my home with Patrik..." they leave out the rest of the sentence. "...but I want to make very clear that these events seem more unreal to me that what I said before, that I stayed at Raffaele's house." In addition they fail to mention her second handwritten note of 7 November, the key portion of which is a complete retraction of her accusation. PM Mignini quoted the key portion of it in his cross of AK, so there should not be any doubt of what she said.

2. Sollecito's supposed replica combat knife
This issue is important to Old Steve, IIUC. TJfMK wrote, <modsnip>The source for this claim is an anonymous commenter. The Daily Telegraph reported underneath a photo, "Amanda Knox is shown a knife which the prosecution used to help illustrate the murder of Meredith Kercher" Go to this link, and scroll to picture 7. To the best of my knowledge, a total of three knifes belonging to RS were confiscated. One kitchen knife and two folding knives. Thus TMoMK is advancing a plain falsehood.

3. Lividity
<modsnip> On page 121 of the translated Massei report Professor Bacci (a prosecution witness) "dismissed" a mark on Meredith as being livor mortis (it was a bruise).

These are not the only misleading or untrue statements at TMoMK. After taking a test drive, I won't be buying.

See? Debunking the so called myths debunked on the murderofmeridithkercher site! Lol.

The shoe prints do not lead straight out the door; that is rhetorical excess. A reasonable hypothesis is that Guede made them after returning to Meredith's room and stepping in blood. Suppose we toss 100% of the DNA evidence in this case (just for the sake of argument). There is still Guede's bloody handprint. The blood is a time stamp and the lines on the hand are an identity stamp. That alone makes Guede guilty BARD. Beyond that, there are his shoe prints plus the fact that he admitted being there and that he fled the country. Those three elements are also enough to convict him BARD. Where are the bloody clothes from AK or RS? Where are their footprints or shoe prints in Meredith's room. Guede admits being in the bathroom, so your argument doesn't really work. And there are signs that someone was in F's room (Rep. 198 and 199).
If it is ok for Guede to only leave shoe prints after he came back from the bathroom, then why would the others have left any shoe prints?

No, my last sentence was in earnest:

I was not criticizing the Italian Supreme Court:

I was seriously and sincerely asking CH what, in his opinion, was the cause or motive of them to rule for several attackers if it is so clear that there was only one?

Thanks, and sorry for the confusion ... I wasn't referring to your comment.

The Supreme Court reviewed Guede's case and concluded that he was not responsible for all the evidence at the crime scene. The only conclusion they could make was that Guede did not act alone. For example, the bloody footprint in the bathroom is the wrong size and shape for Guede, so he didn't leave the print. He could not have mixed Knox's DNA with Meredith's blood in Filomina's bedroom.

even if you did, it's not against the law to do so... and it's certainly not against TOS here to do so...

i find it so hypocritical for someone to say

when every last thing about knox --a need for clean clothes, a halloween costume, supposed cartwheels, cuddling with her b/f, and so on-- has been similarly criticized

:twocents:

Definitely agree with this! I've never seen the purchase of underwear dissected so minutely. And please this isn't to start a new underwear debate! Just sayin'.

See? Debunking the so called myths debunked on the murderofmeridithkercher site! Lol.
Proper refuting really needs to be done Wiki style. For example, someone here linked to Marcello's theory of the crime. There is a thread elsewhere which point out the many mistakes that he made. Link here.

The forensic pathologists discussed in the Massei report said in effect that the injuries did not rule out a single attacker. (IMO the evidence that there was in fact only one attacker is the great differential of evidence that Guede was in Meredith's room vs. AK, RS, or anyone else.) With respect to Guede's trials it is obvious why he and his defense benefitted from the notion that there were multiple attackers: it lessens his culpability. The prosecution was of course also pursuing a case against AK and RS; therefore, they had no reason to argue for a single attacker at Guede's trial. The CSC finalized the result of the lower courts, which had the effect of saying Guede did not act alone without his trials actually examining the question in any meaningful way.

The Supreme Court ruling that Guede did not act alone made absolutely no difference in terms of the sentence her received.

Proper refuting really needs to be done Wiki style. For example, someone here linked to Marcello's theory of the crime. There is a thread elsewhere which point out the many mistakes that he made. Link here.

I gotcha, I was really just kidding around. It gets heated in here sometimes so I was just keeping it lighthearted. I lean towards their innocence myself.

Judge Hellman felt that the CSC exceeded its authority in the manner in which they overturned the acquittal. The Daily Mail wrote, "The judge who cleared Amanda Knox of killing Meredith Kerchner has hit out at his colleagues who overturned the decision, saying they were 'violating the law'."

On p. 368 of the English translation Massei wrote, "The consultants and forensic scientists have asserted that from the point of view of forensic science, it cannot be ruled out that the author of the injuries could have been a single attacker, because the bruises and the wounds from a pointed and cutting weapon are not in themselves incompatible with the action of a single person." Massei has to reason osmotically to get around this problem.

I think it is very important that anyone interested in this question take the time to read beyond the first sentence in the first paragraph of that section of the report. Anyone that does read beyond the first sentence, that one quoted, will quickly understand that this is not the conclusion of the report, but rather the introductory sentence to the discussion.

Integrity ... let's turn to page 369

Definitely agree with this! I've never seen the purchase of underwear dissected so minutely. And please this isn't to start a new underwear debate! Just sayin'.
Only by people who think they are innocent. The others are discussing their behavior.

But then there's probably a site called "Debunking the so called debunked myths on themurderofmeridithkercher.com site." Just kidding, but kind of not lol.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I think someone else already posted a link to that site!!

Like I keep saying over and over, anyone can refute ANYTHING, especially on the internet. Doesn't mean we should believe any of it.

Oh he left shoe prints before going to the bathroom but no shoe prints to the bathroom and then shoe prints again after the bathroom? Confusing.

Must be a magical pair of feet he got there...

AK is giving interviews about how comfortable and cozy she is among Family, friends and familiar surroundings. Meanwhile, RS is traipsing the world looking for a place to light possibly facing prison or never seeing his Family, friends and familiar surroundings again. Didn't Switzerland deny him a visa because of the criminal proceedings?

I do wonder if RS will, in the event of having to face the judicial panel, remember differently the events of the night of the crime.

I've always been of the opinion Amanda was not with RS the whole night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member