Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should extradite her *advertiser censored* to Italy so that she has to serve her sentence. I have always felt she killed her and was jealous of her and was a killer and now we have HER DNA on the KNIFE. That's it for me. We really should extradite her. Today.

she was newly in love, enjoying her classes/hard-earned trip to study abroad with thousands of dollars in her bank account. what, in this situation, would cause someone to be so jealous of someone theyd known for such a short time? this motive doesn't work for me, nor does any i've heard (drug-fueled sex orgy? halloween satanic rite? all ridiculous imo)

her dna was found on a knife used to prepare food. there is nothing suspicious about this.

she should be extradited today? before the SC rules? before italy requests it? before the US agrees? sorry, but the laws don't work like that :)

The judge asked a critical question of the DNA experts: he asked if it was necessary to have a double test of DNA in order for it to be valid. The analysis of Meredith's DNA on the knife was a single test because, at the time, testing methods did not allow for a second sample to be preserved and the original sample was consumed during the first test.

This may be sufficient for that DNA sample (Meredith's DNA from the knife blade) to be excluded.
Judge also said that this analysis has nothing to do with the earlier testing of the knife. There is no 'rule' that a single test should be excluded. It is up to them of course to accept or exclude it, but it is not new that a double test is better than a single test. There was a reason for that single test, and it was accepted by the first court as evidence.

We should extradite her *advertiser censored* to Italy so that she has to serve her sentence. I have always felt she killed her and was jealous of her and was a killer and now we have HER DNA on the KNIFE. That's it for me. We really should extradite her. Today.
Hello Cherry, But, there is no DNA belonging to Meredith on the knife. If Amanda killed Meredith wouldn't Meredith's DNA be on the knife? Just curious, what evidence do you have that Amanda was jealous of Meredith?

He wrote: "The fact there is Meredith's DNA on the kitchen knife is because once when we were all cooking together I accidentally pricked her hand. I apologised immediately and she said it was not a problem."

self defense against corrupt/lying police ??

(not a brilliant move, but understandable, and not indicative of guilt)

Removing all the forensics...

Knox's appears very guilty. I'd convict her.

Amanda Knox: What's in a face?

"We were able to establish guilt," said Edgardo Giobbi, the lead investigator, "by closely observing the suspect's psychological and behavioural reaction during the interrogation. We don't need to rely on other kinds of investigation." Giobbi said that his suspicions were first raised just hours after the murder, at the crime scene, when he watched Knox execute a provocative swivel of her hips as she put on a pair of shoe covers.

It is astonishing how quick we are to draw conclusions about how a person ought to look or behave in circumstances we haven't ourselves even come close to experiencing. How many of us have returned to our home after a night away to discover that our flatmate has been brutally murdered? How many of us can know what it feels like to be at the sharp end of a punishing interrogation, in a foreign country, carried out by men in uniform who seem absolutely convinced that they know what happened, who are as certain as we are confused, fearful and exhausted? None of us. And yet we feel free to blithely pronounce, from a great distance, on whether someone in this situation is "acting weird" or not.

much more @ http://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/oct/08/amanda-knox-facial-expressions?intcmp=239

Just curious, why would you convict Knox? In my opinion, it is not justice to convict someone that "appears" guilty.

When people lie, lie and lie some more... When they point to an innocent man. I believe they are a liar and have something very very bad to hide. There is a good reason she can't tell the truth, it's because she was involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the motive I imagine for AK and RS has alwyas been a "thrill kill" kind of situation. Has this been talked about? Don't buy jealousy or sex game, as I don't think Merideth liked Amanda at all so why would she get involved in a sex game with her? I think Ak and RS Were in their own little sexed up world. I also think they imagined themselves as more creative and intellectual than others. I think they may have justified to themselves that anything goes and drugs helped chip away at any sense of boundaries. i think they probably celebrated their own outsider status and hyped it up to themselves. maybe AK knew RS was turned on by rape. Maybe she knew he had a dark side and she wanted to prove that she was just like him or maybe even shebwanted to one up him on how freaky and dark she coud be. maybe they talked about what it would be like to kill someone and have you ever just wanted to kill someone justbto knownwhat it felt like? That kind of thing. There was just a case up in canada wasnt there, ofbthis kind of thing? A couple just abducted and killed a woman just because? Horrible. Pure speculation. but that's what I've felt. Sorry about all the typos! ipad!

but I will say I would have a hard time convicting. I think they are guilty, but I have enough doubt without more forensic evidence. JMO.

When people lie, lie and lie some more... When they point to an innocent man. I believe they are a liar and have something very very bad to hide. There is a good reason she can't tell the truth, it's because she was involved.

from the article i linked above:

Our unwillingness to devote much effort to understanding how others might actually think or feel is exemplified by the popular assumption that Knox's initial admission to police that she had been present at the scene of the murder, and her false implication of the bartender, Diya "Patrick" Lumumba, revealed a guilty conscience. "She lied!" declared her critics, slamming the collective gavel in condemnation. But of course we know, empirically, that under the extreme duress of an intense interrogation, a terrified person will say almost anything the police want them to say. Quite apart from falsely implicating others, people will falsely implicate themselves.

False confessions are very rare.

I do not believe anything Amanda says, she's told too many versions. Her stories don't hold up under scrutiny.
She's a liar, a manipulator and above all else, remorseless.

I do not believe anything Amanda says, she's told too many versions. Her stories don't hold up under scrutiny.
She's a liar, a manipulator and above all else, remorseless.

but it's okay that the prosecutaion lied about knox's harry potter book not being at raff's in an attempt to discredit her alibi? it's okay the prosecution attempted to sway public perception by releasing a photo of a supposedly bloody bathroom but failed to admit it was pink because it was saturated with a pink chemical used by investigators and wasn't blood covered? it's okay the prison Dr. lied to her about having HIV? it's okay the police lied about/misconstrued what "foxy knoxy" meant?

why should knox and sollecito be held to a standard police and prosecution failed to reach?

imo, it's far more heinous for the police and prosecution to have lied. it all should render this nonsense null, void, and over.

but it's okay that the prosecutaion lied about knox's harry potter book not being at raff's in an attempt to discredit her alibi? it's okay the prosecution attempted to sway public perception by releasing a photo of a supposedly bloody bathroom but failed to admit it was pink because it was saturated with a pink chemical used by investigators and wasn't blood? it's okay the prison Dr. lied to her about having HIV? it's okay the police lied about/misconstrued what "foxy knoxy" meant?

why should knox and sollecito be held to a standard police and prosecution failed to hold?

imo, it's far more heinous for the police and prosecution to have lied. it all should render this nonsense null, void, and over.

It's a separate issue. IMO

Our unwillingness to devote much effort to understanding how others might actually think or feel .........

Exactly!

If you want to have an inkling of what happened during the interrogation of Amanda that led to her false confession check out this quote:

Police chief Arturo De Felice said: "Initially the American gave a version of events we knew was not correct. She buckled and made an admission of facts we knew were correct and from that we were able to bring them in. They all participated but had different roles."
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/i-heard-her-screaming-519420

Note that the admission of facts which De Felice and colleagues "knew were correct" included the accusations against Lumumba. She was ultimately charged with a crime for making those accusations even though the police knew they were correct at the time.

Exactly!

If you want to have an inkling of what happened during the interrogation of Amanda that led to her false confession check out this quote:

Police chief Arturo De Felice said: "Initially the American gave a version of events we knew was not correct. She buckled and made an admission of facts we knew were correct and from that we were able to bring them in. They all participated but had different roles."
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/i-heard-her-screaming-519420

Note that the admission of facts which De Felice and colleagues "knew were correct" included the accusations against Lumumba. She was ultimately charged with a crime for making those accusations even though the police knew they were correct at the time.

It's Knox's lies that kept her on the hot seat.

She didn't get to her boyfriends till 1am... According to him.

Ever shifting stories that don't add up... That's the problem. I know the police didn't murder that girl.
Police can lie to obtain a confession here in the USA.... Why shouldn't they in Italy? It happens everyday.
Do you really believe the media isn't utilized by all sides to their own advantage?

Police should not be allowed to lie in any country to obtain a confession. It makes every confession suspect, and every conviction based on a confession equally so.

Murder and rape happen every day too. That doesn't make them right.

Police should not be allowed to lie in any country to obtain a confession. It makes every confession suspect, and every conviction based on a confession equally so.

Murder and rape happen every day too. That doesn't make them right.

Well they can, they do and it's perfectly legal. That's the way it works.

It doesn't make confessions suspect.

Like I said, false confessions are extremely rare.

What do you think goes on in those interrogation rooms?

police needs to make suspects sweat.

Comparing murder and rape to legal & well established police procedures? Ya lost me.

police needs to make suspects sweat.

And what happens when those suspects are innocent? And they sweat?

Do they perhaps blurt out nonsense like false confessions, or false accusations?

Comparing murder and rape to legal & well established police procedures? Ya lost me.

You said police lies happen every day, as if that makes it acceptable. I'm afraid it doesn't. Serious crimes like rape and murder happen every day too, that doesn't make them okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member