Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not even sure why he felt the need to show up ? He just blabbered that he's italian. So what is he trying to say? Just cuz he's italian he can't be a murderer?

Do you or anyone have links to any of the coverage in italian? I'd love to read what they have to say about the proceedings.
He tried to make the judges feel sorry for him, so they give him a lower sentence. This had nothing to do with making him look innocent IMO.

for the record, i was not talking about how police act during an interrogation. i referred to how the police and the prosecution presented this case to the public. (>>> almost forgot the "l" lol)

totally different scenarios.

And what happens when those suspects are innocent? And they sweat?

Do they perhaps blurt out nonsense like false confessions, or false accusations?

You said police lies happen every day, as if that makes it acceptable. I'm afraid it doesn't. Serious crimes like rape and murder happen every day too, that doesn't make them okay.

They maintain their innocence. They tell the truth.

False confessions are RARE.

It is acceptable.
It's legal.
It's a basic interrogation technique. You may not like it.
You're entitled to your opinion.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reid_technique

http://www.jjay.cuny.edu/docket/4263.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for the record, i was not talking about how police act during an interrogation. i referred to how the police and the prosecution presented this case to the public. (>>> almost forgot the "l" lol)

totally different scenarios.

Knox's PR team did the same.

The prosecution as well as the defense use the media to their own advantage.

There is nothing new going on here.

but it's okay that the prosecutaion lied about knox's harry potter book not being at raff's in an attempt to discredit her alibi? it's okay the prosecution attempted to sway public perception by releasing a photo of a supposedly bloody bathroom but failed to admit it was pink because it was saturated with a pink chemical used by investigators and wasn't blood covered? it's okay the prison Dr. lied to her about having HIV? it's okay the police lied about/misconstrued what "foxy knoxy" meant?

why should knox and sollecito be held to a standard police and prosecution failed to reach?

imo, it's far more heinous for the police and prosecution to have lied. it all should render this nonsense null, void, and over.
Most of this is false. Any lawyer could have leaked that bathroom photo, AK did test positive for HIV and the meaning of that test was explained to her, the police has nothing to do with 'foxy knoxy'. There is a lot of that stuff that is just made up or misreported in the media. Sex orgy, rituals, satanic stuff is all made up by media reporters. Sometimes it is accidental when something is mistranslated from the Italian, and sometimes it is made up intentionally to accuse the prosecution.

You can see it at the moment discussing the new test of a trace collected from the knife. "Meredith's DNA is not on the knife" is a clear example of this kind of misreporting. There once was a story that Guede refused to read his letter in court. I looked at the video and saw a lawyer waving a piece of paper 10 meters from Guede asking him if that was his letter, Guede answered 'I can't read it from here'. Then somebody spun that into 'Guede refused to read his letter'. It is crazy.

This is all old stuff anyway and has very little to do with what is going on now in the courts.

Knox's PR team did the same.

i've seen no evidence her PR team lied.

but it's really irrelevant as it's not the same thing. they are not government employees hired and paid to search out the truth.

Most of this is false. Any lawyer could have leaked that bathroom foto, AK did test positive for HIV and the meaning of that test was explained to her, the police has nothing to do with 'foxy knoxy'. There is a lot of that stuff that is just made up or misreported in the media. Sex orgy, rituals, satanic stuff is all made up by media reporters. Sometimes it is accidental when something is mistranslated from the Italian, and sometimes it is made up intentionally to accuse the prosecution.

You can see it at the moment discussing the new test of a trace collected from the knife. "Meredith's DNA is not on the knife" is a clear example of this kind of misreporting. There once was a story that Guede refused to read his letter in court. I looked at the video and saw a lawyer waving a piece of paper 10 meters from Guede asking him if that was his letter, Guede answered 'I can't read it from here'. Then somebody spun that into 'Guede refused to read his letter'. It is crazy.

This is all old stuff anyway and has very little to do with what is going on now in the courts.

there are about 8 statements here that i'd need to see a link for to believe you...

i've seen no evidence her PR team lied.

but it's really irrelevant as it's not the same thing. they are not government employees hired and paid to search out the truth.

You don't believe that's what they were doing? I believe they were trying to ascertain the truth. Knox wasn't having it. The truth and Amanda Knox are strangers.

You believe they had some sort of agenda to force Amanda lie repeatedly so they could pin it on her?

http://www.falseconfessions.org/fact-a-figures

Facts and Figures

Police-induced false confessions are among the leading causes of wrongful convictions.

<snipped>

In Bedau and Radelet's 1987 study, false confessions were the third leading cause of wrongful conviction; In Warden's 2003 study they were the single leading cause.

Police-induced false confessions appear to occur primarily in the more serious cases, especially homicides and other high-profile felonies.

<snipped>

False confessions may be the single leading cause of wrongful convictions in homicide cases.

<snipped>

63% of false confessors were under the age of 25, and 32% were under 18; yet of all persons arrested for murder and rape, only 8 and 16%, respectively, are juveniles.

*interesting article- lots more at link

http://www.falseconfessions.org/fact-a-figures

Facts and Figures

Police-induced false confessions are among the leading causes of wrongful convictions.

<snipped>

In Bedau and Radelet's 1987 study, false confessions were the third leading cause of wrongful conviction; In Warden's 2003 study they were the single leading cause.

Police-induced false confessions appear to occur primarily in the more serious cases, especially homicides and other high-profile felonies.

<snipped>

False confessions may be the single leading cause of wrongful convictions in homicide cases.

<snipped>

63% of false confessors were under the age of 25, and 32% were under 18; yet of all persons arrested for murder and rape, only 8 and 16%, respectively, are juveniles.

*interesting article- lots more at link

So it's rare.

And 93% of false confessors are male.

Thank you!

Hey otto. What part of the statement to the court do you think was 'heartfelt'?
Why didn't he read from his book about what he thought of the investigation and the courts?

Hey SMK. What part do you think went well for the defense. I didn't see it that way at all.

His statement (the part that I heard translated) was heartfelt in the sense that he talks about his first love and how his life has changed since the murder of Meredith. I don't think that he addressed the murder itself ... at least not that I heard. I think that it's possible that he affected the jury with his perspective of his circumstances.

I also think that the acknowledgement that Meredith's DNA on the blade was not double tested, whereas it is normal, international protocol that it should be double tested, could be problematic in terms of that evidence being accepted by the court.

Lol. Its not problematic, otto. It is inadmissable in an Italian court, as testified to by a forensics expert from the Carabinieri.

And do you understand that the reasons for that are good ones? Not just legal technicalities, as your post implies.

You believe they had some sort of agenda to force Amanda lie repeatedly so they could pin it on her?

i never said that.

but remember -- they decided she was guilty early on when she swivelled her hips.

the fact she falsely confessed? was a bonus imo.

So it's rare.

And 93% of false confessors are male.

no, not rare:

More than 80 percent of the 125 false confessions documented by Professors Steve Drizin and Richard Leo occurred in homicide cases.

More than two-thirds of the DNA-cleared homicide cases documented by the Innocence Project were caused by false confessions.

additionally, more men commit homicide so it's no wonder it's "rare" for a woman to falsely confess to homicide. here are US homicide stats:

Based on data from 1980 and 2008, males represented 77% of homicide victims and nearly 90% of offenders. The victimization rate for males (11.6 per 100,000) was 3 times higher than the rate for females (3.4 per 100,000). The offending rate for males (15.1 per 100,000) was almost 9 times higher than the rate for females (1.7 per 100,000).

http://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=2221

Hope someone can help me understand this. At yesterday's proceedings it appears the knife failed to show it was the murder weapon. Only Amanda's DNA was found on it. So my question is why go ahead with the redo when the most important piece of evidence failed. What else does the prosecution have? Will they regurgitate what was presented at the first trial?

Lol. Its not problematic, otto. It is inadmissable in an Italian court, as testified to by a forensics expert from the Carabinieri.

And do you understand that the reasons for that are good ones? Not just legal technicalities, as your post implies.
I doubt the Caribinieri decides what is admissible in an Italian court. They only talked about the testing of a new trace on the knife, and were not allowed to comment on any other testing on the knife.

I wonder is there a percentage for those who name an innocent person as a murderer in these false confessions figures.

If you followed the West Memphis 3 case, one of them allegedly gave false statements and implicated his 2 friends with the murder. A lot of controversy in that case as well. I'm not saying they are innocent by the way.

I doubt the Caribinieri decides what is admissible in an Italian court. They only talked about the testing of a new trace on the knife, and were not allowed to comment on any other testing on the knife.

I could be wrong but I believe what the poster was referring to was the laboratory rather than the police.

---

The Carabinieri Laboratories In North-Central Rome Where Now Two Different Samples Need Attribution

http://www.truejustice.org/ee/index...es_in_north-central_rome_where_human_dna_see/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove