Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it been stated that they waited until the next day?

Why would it be so much harder for Amanda and Raff to do this than Guede?

None of them had a history of violence.

The only place they had to get rid of DNA was in Merideth's room. Any of Amanda's DNA is being swept away because she lived there.

Why would Guede need the keys to steal the pot? Why not just break the window in the door like the police did?

It has been stated that AK and RS waited until the next day to break in Meredith's door to remove the lamp that was put in there. It has also been stated that AK and RS were busy during their cleanup when police arrived unexpected. It has been stated that AK and RS were found with a mop by police that must have been used in the clean up. All of those statements would have AK and RS cleaning up the scene the day after the murder.

Guede has a criminal history. Guede was known for breaking and entering in order to steal. The idea that AK and RS acted in concert with RG to murder Meredith because of some fight about not cleaning, or having boys over, or whatever else those that believe in AK and RS's guilt can come up with is not reasonable IMO. What is reasonable IMO is that RG acted alone in trying to rob the cottage and getting caught. When caught RG decided to kill Meredith since she could ID him, and while he is at it why not rape her as well.

The pot in the boys downstairs cottage was not initially part of the plan IMO, however since the keys were there with the person that RG killed why not get some free drugs in the process?

MOO

i think it's naive to believe someone convicted of certain crimes would all of a sudden straighten up and fly right.

the charges were not only related to reporters... posters familiar with this case should know this:

http://www.injusticeinperugia.org/Mignini.html

not yet!

of course that site wants to try to discredit GH (and anyone else with an opinion of innocence)... it seems to be working.

I really don't mean to be naïve but it seems that you are looking at one site that is discrediting the prosecutor and thinking that's fact because it follows with your beliefs, but discrediting another site that refutes Hampkipian because it doesn't follow your beliefs. JMO

Guede's footprints from his shoes led out of the bedroom to the front door. If he took his shoes off to wash his feet and put them back on his prints going out would be from the bathroom instead of the bedroom.

If he walked barefoot to the bedroom to put them back on they would have shown up in the luminol. MOO

Here is my scenario again:

Evidently Rudy wore shoes in Meredith’s room while the attack occurred. Blood would not have gotten on the bottom of his socks. After the assault he set the knife down on the bed to look through her purse with bloody hands. If he then removed his shoes and walked over to the sink to wash up there would be no prints left on the floor. He then could have removed his socks to clean the bottom of his pants as he didn’t want to be seen walking back to his apartment with blood all over his pants. He could have placed his foot in the sink or shower to wash down the hem of his pants and the blood would have run down to the bottom of his foot. He could have set it down on the rug while he cleaned the other side, dried his feet and put his socks back on to walk back with the towels to Meredith’s room. Before leaving he could have put his shoes back on and walked down the hall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In this scenario, he would have left his shoes in Meredith's room while he cleaned up in the bathroom then returned and put them back on. In regards to his shoes, were they dark or black shoes? He may have not been as concerned because the blood was not noticeable on them. Cleaning the pants may have been due to not wanting to be seen with blood on his clothes while walking down the street. Geevee offered another reason up thread.

Not that I believe anything he says but according to the truejustice site Guede claimed to have gone between the bedroom and bathroom. I don't know what their source is.

http://www.truejustice.org/ee/index.php?/tjmk/C236/

I am just offering food for thought, which can be totally rejected especially after feasting on all the holiday food.
smiley_superwink_zps60750af0.gif

i thought a link was provided here in a recent thread...

Brenk vs. State, 1993, Arkansas:

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/ar-supreme-court/1130394.html

And ... in the very next sentence ...

"Appellant relies on Brenk v. State, 311 Ark. 579, 847 S.W.2d 1 (1993), to support his contention that the reference to “possible blood” requires reversal because the blood found underneath Hall's car was not conclusively proven to be Hall's own blood.   Appellant mischaracterizes this Court's ruling in Brenk.   The Brenk case confronted the issue of whether evidence of luminol testing should be allowed in light of the fact that luminol does not distinguish between certain metals, vegetable matter, human blood, or animal blood.   This Court held that evidence about the use of luminol would not be admissible unless additional tests showed that the substance tested was human blood related to the alleged crime.  Brenk clearly does not apply to the facts of the instant case because luminol was not used and because serological testing showed that the substance found underneath Hall's car was, in fact, human blood."

The Modesto police and Douglas Preston's book have nothing to do with this case, however it has been suggested by Preston that the Perugia prosecutor's office is full of crazy people because they followed every lead in the Monster of Florence case, including satanic cult theories. By that reasoning, the Modesto prosecutor's office is also full of crazy people because they too pursued a satanic cult theory roughly 10 years ago.

Mignini's conduct in the MoF case does relate to this case. Same prosecutor (originally), same crackpot theorizing. And again, he did more than simply follow up on a lead. You never answered my question regarding Mignini and his claim that Narducci's body must have been swapped twice. Does this sound like someone who is rational? Rather than admit he was wrong, he doubled down on the crazy.

Perhaps the Modesto police are also Roman Catholic and that is why they too investigated the possible involvement of a satanic cult in the disappearance of Laci Peterson ... or perhaps they were following up every lead, regardless of how far-fetched it appeared.
Yes, but by calling Mignini and old-world Catholic and classical in his thinking, I was paying him a high compliment. Yes, it is important to follow up on leads--even the craziest may germinate something.

Mignini's conduct in the MoF case does relate to this case. Same prosecutor (originally), same crackpot theorizing. And again, he did more than simply follow up on a lead. You never answered my question regarding Mignini and his claim that Narducci's body must have been swapped twice. Does this sound like someone who is rational? Rather than admit he was wrong, he doubled down on the crazy.
Well, if he cannot back down, that is not good. In the Knox case, there is a new prosecutor now, who has backed down on certain things: The sex game for instance.

Douglas Preston's opinion of the prosecutor's office is irrelevant. We know that he was upset because the prosecutor's office prevented him from continuing to interfere with a murder investigation. I have no interest in what Preston has to say about a murder investigation in Italy.

Other than the words of a fiction novelist, on what basis is the prosecutor's office in Italy "crackpot"?

Yes, but by calling Mignini and old-world Catholic and classical in his thinking, I was paying him a high compliment. Yes, it is important to follow up on leads--even the craziest may germinate something.

Investigators follow up every lead, regardless of how strange they may seem. That is their job. If someone comes forward with a satanic ritual tip, it should be pursued ... just like in the case of Laci Peterson.

It's worth mentioning that it's well known that some police departments in the US follow tips from psychics. Perhaps Douglas Preston should write about those "crackpots".

... and the conclusion of the jury was that the bloody foot print on the bath mat is consistent with Sollecito's foot.

juries always get it right? casey anthony ring a bell?

The Wikipedia content was compromised when it was discovered that some people, like perhaps Dempsey, had several handles that they used to manipulate the facts.

link? (one that is not a comment on a pro-guilt blog site)

I don't think so. The gap at the toe is missing.

After careful consideration of all the evidence and all legal arguments related to the print on the bathmat, this is the conclusion:

Sample A (bath mat) is compatible with Sollecito's foot.

Here is my scenario again:

Evidently Rudy wore shoes in Meredith’s room while the attack occurred. Blood would not have gotten on the bottom of his socks. After the assault he set the knife down on the bed to look through her purse with bloody hands. If he then removed his shoes and walked over to the sink to wash up there would be no prints left on the floor. He then could have removed his socks to clean the bottom of his pants as he didn’t want to be seen walking back to his apartment with blood all over his pants. He could have placed his foot in the sink or shower to wash down the hem of his pants and the blood would have run down to the bottom of his foot. He could have set it down on the rug while he cleaned the other side, dried his feet and put his socks back on to walk back with the towels to Meredith’s room. Before leaving he could have put his shoes back on and walked down the hall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In this scenario, he would have left his shoes in Meredith's room while he cleaned up in the bathroom then returned and put them back on. In regards to his shoes, were they dark or black shoes? He may have not been as concerned because the blood was not noticeable on them. Cleaning the pants may have been due to not wanting to be seen with blood on his clothes while walking down the street. Geevee offered another reason up thread.

Not that I believe anything he says but according to the truejustice site Guede claimed to have gone between the bedroom and bathroom. I don't know what their source is.

http://www.truejustice.org/ee/index.php?/tjmk/C236/

I am just offering food for thought, which can be totally rejected especially after feasting on all the holiday food.
smiley_superwink_zps60750af0.gif

In this case it seems like anything is possible, LOL.

I was wondering if there were footprints by the bed that would suggest this. He had enough blood on his shoes to leave prints as he left the bedroom so I would assume there would be prints by the bed to suggest this.

I am cooking today. Thanksgiving here tomorrow for 30. Happy Holidays to all!

After careful consideration of all the evidence and all legal arguments related to the print on the bathmat, this is the conclusion:

Sample A (bath mat) is compatible with Sollecito's foot.

So where did that extra toe come from? The little one that is seen on the bloody footprint next to the big toe. The one that is missing from RS's footprint.

juries always get it right? casey anthony ring a bell?

link? (one that is not a comment on a pro-guilt blog site)

Perhaps someone from Florida can explain how their justice system can find a guilty woman innocent. Since the justice system in Italy is very different from that of the US, a situation like what happened in Florida could not happen. That is, the prosecution would appeal such a poor verdict.

It's my opinion that the Wikipedia content related to this case has been compromised based on reading the "talk" section at the time single people with multiple user names were identified.

So where did that extra toe come from? The little one that is seen on the bloody footprint next to the big toe. The one that is missing from RS's footprint.

Doesn't Sollecito have five toes?

I don't know anything about missing toes. I only know that after experts testified, the court concluded that the print is similar to Sollecito.

I can accept all sorts of refutations, but the couple of things which still bother me and prevent me from just hopping on the "they are being railroaded" bandwagon (although I do believe it is important to always keep such a possibility well in mind):

1. The report that Knox and Sollecito disappeared into Knox's bedroom when others arrived and the Postal Police began speaking to these people. The fact that this 10 minute time period reported by others seemed to coincide with their 2 calls to 112. (as if they were now forced to call, and had wanted to delay)

2. The fact that in her email home and to FR on the phone, Knox made a big deal about the locked door and said RS had attempted to kick it in, only to act like it was of no concern to the Postal Police. This is disturbing and rankles the mind.

**The 2 above-stated facts were taken from the murder wiki: If its authors have fabricated these details (as I feel someone will say) then I myself have been led afield. How can I determine if these 2 are true? :(

SMK,
Regarding #1, I became very interested in the claim that the postal police arrived before RS's call to the Italian emergency number. We all had a discussion about this a few weeks ago here on WS. I looked through Massei and found the following info (I'm doing this from memory but I think I have the gist correct). At one point Massei says the postal police claimed that they arrived at 12:30 (i.e. before the RS call). At at least two other places in the report Massei states that the postal police arrived at about 1:00 (i.e. after the RS call). From what I could tell, Massei concluded that RS called the emergency number before the postal police and did not find anything suspicious about the timing of his call relative to the arrival of the postal police. I know there has been discussion of a video of the postal police arrival and the time stamp on that video. I don't believ any of that is in the Massei report but I could be wrong.

You can search Massei for "postal police" or "112" and find the relevant info. Some of the pro-guilt websites still put forward the idea that the postal police arrived at 12:30 before the RS call.

If there is a pro-guilt argument that is not in the Massei report I take it as a good sign that there must be major flaws in the argument.

Doesn't Sollecito have five toes?

I don't know anything about missing toes. I only know that after experts testified, the court concluded that the print is similar to Sollecito.

In RS's footprint there is a large gap between his big toe and second toe. In the bloody footprint on the bathmat there is no large gap between those two toes. There is the second toe right next to the big toe. So where did that second toe close to the big toe come from? If it is really RS's footprint on the bathmat then how is it explained about the second toe?

Douglas Preston's opinion of the prosecutor's office is irrelevant. We know that he was upset because the prosecutor's office prevented him from continuing to interfere with a murder investigation. I have no interest in what Preston has to say about a murder investigation in Italy.

Other than the words of a fiction novelist, on what basis is the prosecutor's office in Italy "crackpot"?

His behavior has been widely reported and is not a work of fiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState