Amateur Astrology, what's ahead for the USA

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madame Secretary of State Clinton was sworn in today at 4:13 PM EST.

I don't trust her as far as I can throw her, nor do I even like her. I'd be interested in seeing what a chart drawn up for the swearing in would show. I don't think she's qualified, either. TIA

Have any other Geminis been severely affected by the recent Mercury retrograde that just ended yesterday? The last three weeks have been torturous with anything to do with communications on every level. Or is it just me??

I will try to get Hillary's swearing in posted tomorrow, and will do my best to point out both the positive and negative probable manifestations of any major aspects.

We do not have a verified accurate birth time for her, so that makes Moon and houseplacement unavailable for analysis.

And, a gentle reminder that we will have to try to keep our individual political opinions down to gentle comments. If we get into a political food fight, we will get in trouble with Tricia. She has provided a private forum where we can debate until our fingers get numb!

Have any other Geminis been severely affected by the recent Mercury retrograde that just ended yesterday? The last three weeks have been torturous with anything to do with communications on every level. Or is it just me??

Welcome Valley Sailor!:)
Many experienced some problems w/Mercury going Retrograde. Even here at WS, they had multiple problems w/servers, many of our members were complaining about their computers not performing properly even crashing; many played phone tag for days, the jet landing in the Hudson, verbal misunderstandings, Google having world wide glitches, problems executing contracts and agreements.....

There are some who do well during this period IF Merc is Rx in their own birth chart w/ good aspects. Evidently you aren't one of those and neither was I.

(will copy this post and place in our Astrology-General Thread)

When looking at this chart, keep in mind that Hillary was sworn in before yesterday's ceremony. So, I am wondering if this chart will supercede the former swearing in.

Maybe someone can sleuth up the prior swearing- in, soeach can be followed to see which one seems more sensitive?

Comments on it will be in the next post. Feel free to jump in, even if you are new to the study of mundane astrology. We are eager to see how you all are coming along!

HillarysSwearingIn.jpg

Taking a very quick look, I see two interesting midpoints. One could be considered very positive, and one difficult.

Positively, and very interesting is Jupiter = Sun/Mars midpoint. COSI suggests this lends:

a positive outlook, the striving for power, "The Civil Servant", the taking of possession, successful activity.

But Mars = Neptune/Pluto;

This suggests a lack of energy, the misforune to be used as a tool for other people's interest, a lack of resistance and stamina, the tendency to succumb to external powers

You will notice that Mars is almost exactly conjunct the descendant, opposing the ascendant. This adds to the picture in that:

the tendency to force one's will on others, the ability to lead or guide resolutely, active teamwork, but negatively used, quarrels, conflicts, disputes

The Mercury/Jupiter midpoint is just within allowable orb, and perhaps this will help a bit;

The execution of plans, action guided by common sense, a good critic, speaking and acting in coordination, a successful discussion or conference

Organizing ability,arranging everything successfully

But we must remember that every midpoint has both positive and negative manifestation. If the Mercury/Jupiter energy is used negatively, it will indicate;

Failure through dishonesty, negligence, or clumsiness, fraud, calumny*

I had to look up the definition of "calumny", because I had no idea what the word meant. Here is the definition...

A false statement maliciously made to injure another's reputation.

The utterance of maliciously false statements; slander.

Both Venus and the Ascendant/Descend degree being the 29th degree of Pisces and Cancer respectively is interesting. Maybe others can add to this quick look at the Swearing-In chart from their own area of expertise.

Housemouse, as I'm sure you've noticed, this swearing-in chart has the very late Ascendant 29:33 Cancer. In Horary Astrology, such a late Ascendant carries the meaning of **too late** to influence anything. The question/ condition/ situation is already too advanced to pull a valid answer out of the chart.

Maybe the late Ascendant doesn't apply to Mundane charts. (I don't know, since Mundane is not my focus...).

Nonetheless, it makes me wonder, if the previous swearing-in chart may be the one to use (assuming we can get the date & time)?

Thanks,
Soulscape

I am looking ahead at President Obama's chart, and listing the stressful aspects to his natal planets.

Around Feb 5th, Mars will conjunct his Jupiter, and then will oppose his Mercury on Feb. 7th. Positively, we can expect great oratory with this influence, but negatively, there could be failure due to negligence, clumsiness, or dishonesty. If his birth certificate is accurate, this falls across his 12th/6th, with transiting Mars in the 12th.

Starting on Feb 9th, transiting Jupiter, in the 12th, will be within orb of square to his Neptune in the 9th, be exact on Feb 11th, and will leave orb on Feb 13th. The positive way this aspect could be used is the pursuit of idealistic inclinations. Negatively used, it could signify losses, a scandal caused by instability, and political conflicts.

Mars will be in sesquiquadrate to his natal Mars, exact on the 14th, and will then square his Neptune on the 15th, and oppose his Sun on the 20th. Again, this energy can be used in two ways.

Positively, it can bring inspiration, a lot of plans, help at the right time. Negatively, it can indicate failures caused by an absence of plans, a lack of energy, obstinacy, stubbornness, narrow-mindedness.

Keeping you all up to date on the coming month in D.C. We will watch and see what happens, and if it relates to 6th and 9th house and 12th house matters.

Looks like it MIGHT relate to the military, which is a 6th house matter! Feb 5th is only 2 days off!

Here is a thread that discusses some major discontent among our high-up Generals, including Petraus and Gates. I have no way of knowing whether the info is accurate, but thought it interesting. Time will tell, of course!

So, we will watch and see.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2177729/posts

Looks like it MIGHT relate to the military, which is a 6th house matter! Feb 5th is only 2 days off!

Here is a thread that discusses some major discontent among our high-up Generals, including Petraus and Gates. I have no way of knowing whether the info is accurate, but thought it interesting. Time will tell, of course!

So, we will watch and see.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2177729/posts
Could it be the stimulus package does not pass?

That might happen too, Moe. From what I am hearing on the news, and reading on the web, there seems to be some confusion/deception about the "stimulus package"

Many are saying that it is more like a "pork package" full of all sorts of stuff we will be stuck with forever, like huge increases in medicaid that we all know will never be "undone".

How that will stimulate the economy is beyond me!

Just ran a check on the USA chart.

Noticed that the Saturn/Uranus opposition is squaring the US Mars. I probably mentioned that before, but in light of the last post about the Generals being unhappy with Obama's plans to withdraw combat troops from Iraq, it struck me that Mars in the US chart also refers to our military.

I am as nervous as a cat in a roomful of rocking chairs, folks.

February looks like a rocky month for the USA.

That might happen too, Moe. From what I am hearing on the news, and reading on the web, there seems to be some confusion/deception about the "stimulus package"

Many are saying that it is more like a "pork package" full of all sorts of stuff we will be stuck with forever, like huge increases in medicaid that we all know will never be "undone".

Good, we need help but rushing into it is not the right way to go.

More on how we are being "deceived" (Neptune) by the "Stimulus Package"!

• $2 billion earmark to re-start FutureGen, a near-zero emissions coal power plant in Illinois that the Department of Energy defunded last year because it said the project was inefficient.

• A $246 million tax break for Hollywood movie producers to buy motion picture film.

• $650 million for the digital television converter box coupon program.

• $88 million for the Coast Guard to design a new polar icebreaker (arctic ship).

• $448 million for constructing the Department of Homeland Security headquarters.

• $248 million for furniture at the new Homeland Security headquarters.

• $600 million to buy hybrid vehicles for federal employees.

• $400 million for the Centers for Disease Control to screen and prevent STD's.

• $1.4 billion for rural waste disposal programs.

• $125 million for the Washington sewer system.

• $150 million for Smithsonian museum facilities.

• $1 billion for the 2010 Census, which has a projected cost overrun of $3 billion.

• $75 million for "smoking cessation activities."

• $200 million for public computer centers at community colleges.

• $75 million for salaries of employees at the FBI.

• $25 million for tribal alcohol and substance abuse reduction.

• $500 million for flood reduction projects on the Mississippi River.

• $10 million to inspect canals in urban areas.

• $6 billion to turn federal buildings into "green" buildings.

• $500 million for state and local fire stations.

• $650 million for wildland fire management on forest service lands.

• $1.2 billion for "youth activities," including youth summer job programs.

• $88 million for renovating the headquarters of the Public Health Service.

• $412 million for CDC buildings and property.

• $500 million for building and repairing National Institutes of Health facilities in Bethesda, Maryland.

• $160 million for "paid volunteers" at the Corporation for National and Community Service.

• $5.5 million for "energy efficiency initiatives" at the Department of Veterans Affairs National Cemetery Administration.

• $850 million for Amtrak.

• $100 million for reducing the hazard of lead-based paint.

• $75 million to construct a "security training" facility for State Department Security officers when they can be trained at existing facilities of other agencies.

• $110 million to the Farm Service Agency to upgrade computer systems.

• $200 million in funding for the lease of alternative energy vehicles for use on military installations.

Moe, you might be right about the "Stimulus" Plan. Every news site I read this morning seems to be pointing to problems in trying to pass the darn monstrosity!

Here is one from the Wall Street Journal. Tomorrow is the fifth, the first of the three difficult periods for Obama this month.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123369271403544637.html

Oh I hope so! I don't want this kind of debt facing our nation. Our children and grandchildren deserve more. So much of this bill seems wasteful to me, thanks for the list!

Moe, I am posting a "bi-wheel" chart for the USA. USA planets are in the middle circle, and today's transits are in the outer circle.

I notice that transiting Pluto is opposing the USA Venus, from the second house to the 8th house, respectively. This aspect may have more to do with the financial mess than Obama's transits.

Pluto brings things to light. Venus rules our money and values. So Pluto is exposing the pork in the stimulus bill, the massive debt we will owe, or the taxes we will have to pay. These are all 8th house matters, as are banks and investment firms.

I also wonder if the exposure of so many DC pols cheating on their taxes is related to the Pluto opposition USA Venus. Obama has come out with cap on the salaries paid to the bankers, which bothers me in principle. Here is a link to read:

http:///columnists/DonaldLambro/2009/02/04/tax_cheats_put_white_house_on_the_defensive

If he can do this, what will stop him from deciding how much the rest of us can make?

Anyway, here is the chart for you to scrutinize. Learn what the little glyphs mean, and lean to look for the "hard" aspects. Ignore the "easy ones.

Hard aspect are those that divide into 360 by 2, 4, and 8. Easy are those that divide into 360 by 3 and 6.

USABi-wheel.jpg

PS: Support for stimulus drops to 37%, as Obama is making a speech about it!

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...kage/support_for_stimulus_package_falls_to_37

Interesting article from Human Events page! I didn't even know about this separate $500 billion dollar omnibus appropriations bill....

Notice the bolded part, which I bolded because it so clearly fits the Pluto opposition USA Venus energy!

"House Republicans have challenged Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) to release the details of the expected $500 billion proposed omnibus appropriations legislation encompassing the nine remaining spending bills for fiscal year 2009. Entirely separate from the $1.2 trillion Democrat “stimulus” spending bill passed by the House last week with no Republican support, this additional estimated half-trillion dollar omnibus spending bill was scheduled for consideration as early as today. Pelosi removed the bill from the legislative calendar yesterday amid Democrat fears that the actual omnibus spending bill may help scuttle passage of the trillion-dollar “stimulus” spending bill already in very deep trouble in the Senate.

House Republican Conference chairman Mike Pence (R-Ind.) and Rep. Robert Aderholt (R-Ala.), ranking member of the House Legislative Branch Appropriations Subcommittee, challenged the Democratic leadership to make the omnibus spending bill available on the internet -- now -- for public review.

“There were some estimates that it [the actual omnibus spending bill] would be upwards to $500 billion, and I know I speak for my colleague and for all House Republicans when I say that we urge the Democratic leadership and Chairman Obey to release that bill to the public,” Pence said. “For whatever reason, the bill has been delayed. We believe this is an opportunity for even greater public scrutiny and we, today, are urging Chairman Obey and the Democratic leadership to make the omnibus bill available to the public on the internet and to the media so that it can be examined. We can use this additional time to make sure the American people know both the broad outlines and the specific details of the next massive government spending bill. … We take President Obama at his word; that he wants to bring a new era of transparency to the process of developing the nation’s laws and spending the people’s money.”

House Republicans have not been given a copy of the omnibus spending bill, as was the case with the so-called stimulus bill which has little to do with actually stimulating the economy but uses the urgency of this economic crisis to try to sneak through hundreds of billions of dollars in taxpayers' money as payoffs to Democrat constituencies. Due to the disingenuous manner in which the so-called stimulus bill was engineered, Republicans are vigorously calling for transparency in regard to release of the omnibus spending bill.

Public support for the “stimulus” spending bill continues to plummet as more hidden wasteful spending is exposed daily. According to a new Gallup poll released yesterday, only 38% of Americans believe that President Obama’s so-called stimulus bill should be passed “as Barack Obama proposed it” while 37% believe the bill should “undergo major changes.” 17% believe that the plan should be “rejected outright,” with 8% having “no position.”

House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) continued his efforts to expose non-stimulus-related items, this time in the Senate bill.

Boehner today released a new list of spending items congressional Republicans have identified in the Senate version as unrelated to significant job creation that included $20 million “for the removal of small- to medium-sized fish passage barriers”; $25 million to rehabilitate off-roading (ATV) trails; $34 million to remodel the Department of Commerce headquarters, and $70 million to “Support Supercomputing Activities” for climate research.

I asked Boehner spokesman Mike Steel yesterday about the momentum Republicans have as the Senate begins debate on the legislation and about a panicked Pelosi pulling the omnibus bill. Steel told me, “After the American people, House Republicans, and almost a dozen House Democrats last week rejected the ridiculous and wasteful provisions in their trillion-dollar spending bill, it seems that the House Democratic leadership wanted to take a week off before trying to cram through another half-a-trillion dollars in government spending. That is good news, but this is a marathon, not a sprint. We’ve got a lot more work to do, and it is going to require continued vigilance on the part of Congressional Republicans and the American people to hold the big-spending Democratic leadership accountable. We can never forget that by standing together, and standing on the side of the taxpayers, House Republicans can win any debate, even if we lose the vote.”

Connie Hair is a freelance writer, a former speechwriter for Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ) and a former media and coalitions advisor to the Senate Republican Conference.

Link for those preferring to read the original source:
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=30554

DOGblinking.gif

The recent 'general' INQUIRY by Deborah1012 " what does it mean when a planet is 'afflicted' or 'exhaulted' and answered by our SOULSCAPE has been moved to the 'Forensic Astrology-GENERAL' thread.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77544

We have the LIBRARY thread which provides informative resources and places to go when you are looking for answers to the workings of astrology and it's applications.

Should you have a 'general question' about Astrology, go ahead and post those queries in the GENERAL Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmeyer