Amy Bradley, 23, Disappeared from cruise ship en route to Curaçao, 24 March 1998 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

Look, it is very difficult to discuss personal information about verified insiders or any poster for that matter. The former VI wrote and said she felt she was being disrespected and reminded me of the real reason.

The particular VI, in this case, was put on "inactive" by management because the VI said she was getting threats. This is the official reason and that is all I am going to say about this particular situation. We certainly meant no disrespect to our former VI.

Whenever anyone tells Websleuths they are getting threats because of what they are posting we immediately put them on inactive and tell them to get off the Internet. It is not worth it. We also say they are not allowed to post on Websleuths. Yes, this has actually happened before, several times. Maybe even to another VI.

Anyone who wants to post after getting personal threats is not thinking straight. While I believe Websleuths is extremely important it is not so important that members have to risk their lives to post.

We do not check out the threats. We take the word of the member. Why would someone lie about something like this?

This case since is so old and we have not had any word really on whether this was a sex trafficking case or a case of falling overboard. In my opinion, I take that to mean nothing from the past has really checked out. IN MY OPINION.

So we are basically at square one until LE comes out with something more solid that we can latch onto and start sleuthing.

From now on we will enforce the rule of discussing former members. We cannot discuss former members including former VI's.

<modship>

Thank you,
Tricia

I guess I'm one of the few who thinks this case can be solved, assuming Yellow and any others who may have spent time with Amy on the ship are still alive and able to speak. I don't know if Amy can be found after all this time, either alive or deceased, but I do think there's a possibility that more information could be gathered and an answer as to what happened to Amy could possibly be obtained.

It's a long shot, but cases older than this one have been solved and continue to be solved. There were a lot of people on that ship. I think someone saw or knows something. The key is getting that information.

I just heard of this case after watching Disappeared. One thing I keep thinking about is Amy asking the cab driver where she can find a phone. From reading this thread it seems like it was the same day she went missing. I keep wondering why she didn&#8217;t ask the driver for help, ask him to take her back to the ship or to the police or the American embassy. Did the driver say she was alone? If so, why didn&#8217;t she go back to the ship?

I just heard of this case after watching Disappeared. One thing I keep thinking about is Amy asking the cab driver where she can find a phone. From reading this thread it seems like it was the same day she went missing. I keep wondering why she didn&#8217;t ask the driver for help, ask him to take her back to the ship or to the police or the American embassy. Did the driver say she was alone? If so, why didn&#8217;t she go back to the ship?

It's just one of a thousand eyewitness sightings that led nowhere.

I guess I'm one of the few who thinks this case can be solved, assuming Yellow and any others who may have spent time with Amy on the ship are still alive and able to speak. I don't know if Amy can be found after all this time, either alive or deceased, but I do think there's a possibility that more information could be gathered and an answer as to what happened to Amy could possibly be obtained.

It's a long shot, but cases older than this one have been solved and continue to be solved. There were a lot of people on that ship. I think someone saw or knows something. The key is getting that information.

Maybe a deathbed confession or something like that? Possible

That's what I want to know as well. Why didn't she go back the ship? I've been to Curacao and where this cab driver says he was is very close to where the ship is docked. I don't think I believe this one. Who did she think she was going to call?

Maybe a deathbed confession or something like that? Possible

Maybe. Or maybe someone who was never questioned and saw something or heard something, but who didn&#8217;t harm Amy. We actually see that in a lot of cold cases. Sometimes a witness just gets overlooked or LE thinks they talked to everyone, but they didn&#8217;t.

Maybe. Or maybe someone who was never questioned and saw something or heard something, but who didn&#8217;t harm Amy. We actually see that in a lot of cold cases. Sometimes a witness just gets overlooked or LE thinks they talked to everyone, but they didn&#8217;t.

Lord knows I wish this would happen

That's what I want to know as well. Why didn't she go back the ship? I've been to Curacao and where this cab driver says he was is very close to where the ship is docked. I don't think I believe this one. Who did she think she was going to call?

That&#8217;s why the cab driver sighting didn&#8217;t make sense to me

Lord knows I wish this would happen

I know. Super long shot, but not out of the realm of possibility. One thing I think we can all agree on is that Amy was on the cruise ship with her family. And a lot of people were on that ship at the same time. There could be an unknown witness even after all this time.

In thread #2 post 97 the VI stated:
&#8220;The Bradley&#8217;s absolutely believe that their daughter is alive. They would not declare Any dead.&#8221; Posted on 9-3-2012

Then we all found out that Amy Lynn Bradley was declared dead on 5-14-99.
D76CE648-EF0B-4719-92DC-E1228B33D422.jpg

Bradley vs. Bradley in Virginia, declare Amy Bradley dead https://ibb.co/fUZAbQ https://ibb.co/hZosqk

Also, it was the waiter who expressed condolences to the family over Amy, not yellow. This is also in thread 2.

In thread #2 post 97 the VI stated:
&#8220;The Bradley&#8217;s absolutely believe that their daughter is alive. They would not declare Any dead.&#8221; Posted on 9-3-2012

Then we all found out that Amy Lynn Bradley was declared dead on 5-14-99.
View attachment 133150

Bradley vs. Bradley in Virginia, declare Amy Bradley dead https://ibb.co/fUZAbQ https://ibb.co/hZosqk

It is my understanding that she had to be declared dead to go ahead with the lawsuits. It is just a formality. The family do not believe she went overboard. We should respect that and keep an open mind to all possibilities .

One thing that always didn’t add up for me with this case was how quickly she was assumed to have been missing. This wasn’t a child. It was was a 23yo woman. Why the panic so early?

Leads me to believe a big piece of information has been withheld since day 1.

Just reading about this case for the first time.

This cab driver story has me the most confused too.

I first thought maybe she was trying to find a place to buy a phone as some people will do that to get a better phone cheaper. Then I realized it may have been her trying to get help. But then why not just start screaming and cause a big commotion or something.

If this sighting is accurate then maybe she felt threatened already and maybe someone was already with her and watching her just a few feet away and threatened to harm her or her family if she makes a scene.

I dont know but I do think the cab driver needs to be questioned again to find out more about this sighting.

The only other thought I had was if he was in on a sex ring (if sex ring is what happened) and maybe his role was to give this false sighting to get the heat off of others.

The whole case is so scary and sad. I have no idea what could have happened to her. I am leaning toward foul play based on just reading the thread.

Virginia law, declare missing person dead:
https://law.justia.com/codes/virginia/2011/title64-1/chapter5/64-1-105

2. The presumption created by this subsection shall arise in any cause wherein the person's death is in question, unless proof is offered that he was alive within the time specified or, in the case of a presumed death in a foreign country, at any time following his disappearance, whether before or after the report of presumptive death was issued.

"C. Any person on board any ship or vessel underway on the high seas who disappears from such ship or vessel, or any person on board an aircraft that disappears at sea, and who is not known to be alive, whose body has not been found or identified prior to a hearing of a board of inquiry as to such disappearance shall be presumed to be dead upon the findings of a board of inquiry that the person is presumed dead, or six months after the date of such disappearance, whichever shall first occur."

<modsnip>

<modsnip> The family strongly believes she was alive when the ship docked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member