"An American Murder Mystery" - Discovery ID 3 night series - 04.09 .- 11. 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM

Have you by any chance seen the home video of Caylee's 2nd b-day party? I always thought it was really telling, and quite bizarre... it was a huge party with mostly adults (seemed to be all fca's friends, & plenty of males), and Caylee sort of wanders around staring at people like she had no idea who on earth they were. It was like she was trying to find a familiar face, and it was ga & ca she would search out for comfort, not fca, who was also sitting right there. She just wandered right past her like she was nobody. And again, when this guy sings to Caylee and it weirds her out she runs to ca, not fca. Ca is the one who adjusts her shoes and holds her in her lap, and ga is the one who picks her up when he recognizes her discomfort. Never fca. Someone who didn't know better would never guess fca was the mom... This is also the party where some of fca's friends told investigators how uncomfortable it was when Caylee was opening her presents because ca took the lead and it was obvious to them that fca was angry at her mom. Actually, fca told one of them she was angry with her mom... The video is haunting, knowing what we know now. And it's a party for Caylee, with no kids, and it's a bunch of strangers who her mother chose to invite... more like a party for fca... Very weird.

Something I wanted to add, I think this video demonstrates what a lot of us have assumed about the family dynamic. Ga and ca were mom and dad to Caylee, fca had little to do with her UNLESS she was in public and around her friends, where she PRETENDS to be this great outstanding mom who adores her kid... That's probably why she was so mad, Caylee chose ga & ca over her, their presence was ruining her "show"

All jmo.

I have not seen the video but here's my experience...

I have 3 grandchildren (from 2 children) every single one of them seek me out before their parents when we are together unless they are hurt. My youngest just turned one and she will shake her head no and grab on to me when her mom tries to take her from me. My sister in law has 4 grandchildren and they all prefer her over their own mom when she is around.

So I personally don't think this is unusual. Grandmas tend to give almost 100% attention while parents are distracted with day to day life I think.

BBM

Here's my problem with the time frame being between 2:20p and 2:50p (at least according to the theory I have), it makes the fool-proof suffocation less significant (2:51p).. If the crime has been done (or accident, if that's your theory) by 2:51p, then why did she do the search for fool-proof suffocation? And remember she was found with duct tape. And some would argue, her erratic behavior comes after the 2:51p search, where she goes off line for a period of time (about an hour), then pops up again as she leaves her parents house, then off again and this time she does something the girl rarely ever does, she actually shuts her phone off for almost 2 hours or so before she reappears. And shortly after she reappears she's headed for Tony's, child free. It's date night and for the very first time she gets to spend the night. The whole night. That NEVER happens. And the next day, etc...With Caylee never being seen again. To me, her abnormal daily activities occurred after 2:51p... After seeing her normal patterns her day seemed like typical fca right up until the search... Everything after, totally unusual for the girl...

Ga clocked in at work at 3p that day so he wouldn't have been around when things went weird

All jmo.

I believe the fool-proof suffocation search is in relation to suicidal thoughts. I think it would take a traumatic incident to frazzle her. This is someone who detaches emotionally, so I think she has to be in the moment to experience the trauma.

If this was premeditated murder that she was thinking about since at least March, like the prosecution claims, 2:51 on the 16th seems a little late in the game to be coming up with a plan. And considering it got interrupted by Jesse I don't know how much info she could have gleaned. Especially if it actually involved making chloroform. This is assuming you believe the prosecutions theory.

Whether it was murder or something accidental, the evidence to me suggests that it happened suddenly and Casey didn't have a game plan. I mean, the body being dumped so close to the house is a clear sign of no plan at least to me. Especially if the body was in the trunk for a considerable amount of time, why drive back towards the home? It doesn't make sense.

And she was definitely frazzled by the time Jesse called. And certainly her rapid fire phone calls to her mom an hour later suggest panic. Then she detached completely for 30 days, probably longer. But I think by 2:51 her life was already turned upside down. She wanted a way out. Suicide maybe? Jesse interrupts. She tries to get him to save her. No luck. Panic attack. Tries to get her mom to save her no luck. Complete emotional shutdown. Detach. Denial. etc.

Just a theory I have, it has a tight window but I think it works under both circumstances.

I have not seen the video but here's my experience...
I have 3 grandchildren (from 2 children) every single one of them seek me out before their parents when we are together unless they are hurt. My youngest just turned one and she will shake her head no and grab on to me when her mom tries to take her from me. My sister in law has 4 grandchildren and they all prefer her over their own mom when she is around.

So I personally don't think this is unusual. Grandmas tend to give almost 100% attention while parents are distracted with day to day life I think.

But if I had to bet, I'm guessing your family is relatively normal though. Functional. But we're talking about the Anthonys, hard to compare. I bet your daughter (or daughter in law) isn't ANYTHING like fca, and you and your sister in law are probably nothing like ca.... They've got some seriously messed up family dynamics... Fca and Caylee also lived with them and are both completely dependent on them, so it's not the same as "going to grandmas house", kwim?

All jmo.

BBM

Have you by any chance seen the home video of Caylee's 2nd b-day party? I always thought it was really telling, and quite bizarre... it was a huge party with mostly adults (seemed to be all fca's friends, & plenty of males), and Caylee sort of wanders around staring at people like she had no idea who on earth they were. It was like she was trying to find a familiar face, and it was ga & ca she would search out for comfort, not fca, who was also sitting right there. She just wandered right past her like she was nobody. And again, when this guy sings to Caylee and it weirds her out she runs to ca, not fca. Ca is the one who adjusts her shoes and holds her in her lap, and ga is the one who picks her up when he recognizes her discomfort. Never fca. Someone who didn't know better would never guess fca was the mom... This is also the party where some of fca's friends told investigators how uncomfortable it was when Caylee was opening her presents because ca took the lead and it was obvious to them that fca was angry at her mom. Actually, fca told one of them she was angry with her mom... The video is haunting, knowing what we know now. And it's a party for Caylee, with no kids, and it's a bunch of strangers who her mother chose to invite... more like a party for fca... Very weird.

Something I wanted to add, I think this video demonstrates what a lot of us have assumed about the family dynamic. Ga and ca were mom and dad to Caylee, fca had little to do with her UNLESS she was in public and around her friends, where she PRETENDS to be this great outstanding mom who adores her kid... That's probably why she was so mad, Caylee chose ga & ca over her, their presence was ruining her "show"

All jmo.
I haven't seen that video! I will have to find it and watch it! Thank you so much for the link!
I'm not surprised at all by how the party went. That pretty much explains how the relationship was between them.
In this 3 part series CA makes a comment that having Caylee was like reliving Casey being a child. I think CA was in some ways trying to raise Caylee better than Casey was raised. Either to protect Caylee from Casey or try to keep Caylee from turning out like Casey.
Like the old excuse goes "If I can't have you no one will.'

BBM

Here's my problem with the time frame being between 2:20p and 2:50p (at least according to the theory I have), it makes the fool-proof suffocation less significant (2:51p).. If the crime has been done (or accident, if that's your theory) by 2:51p, then why did she do the search for fool-proof suffocation? And remember she was found with duct tape. And some would argue, her erratic behavior comes after the 2:51p search, where she goes off line for a period of time (about an hour), then pops up again as she leaves her parents house, then off again and this time she does something the girl rarely ever does, she actually shuts her phone off for almost 2 hours or so before she reappears. And shortly after she reappears she's headed for Tony's, child free. It's date night and for the very first time she gets to spend the night. The whole night. That NEVER happens. And the next day, etc...With Caylee never being seen again. To me, her abnormal daily activities occurred after 2:51p... After seeing her normal patterns her day seemed like typical fca right up until the search... Everything after, totally unusual for the girl...

Ga clocked in at work at 3p that day so he wouldn't have been around when things went weird

All jmo.
She turned her phone off for a very good reason IMHO.
Either she was Angry possibly at an earlier argument between her parents or she didn't want her phone (and her and Caylee) to give away her location during that time period. Maybe this is when she committed the crime or was disposing of Caylee's body?
She is bratty so I could see her getting mad about something silly and turning her phone off. Or maybe the phone was dead and she was charging it? It sounds like she may have waited until her dad left for work before committing murder. Premeditated?

[video=youtube;ZPUXPEBeapc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPUXPEBeapc[/video]

[video=youtube;OeDd2sE7tMM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeDd2sE7tMM[/video]

Either she was Angry possibly at an earlier argument between her parents or she didn't want her phone (and her and Caylee) to give away her location during that time period. Maybe this is when she committed the crime or was disposing of Caylee's body?
She is bratty so I could see her getting mad about something silly and turning her phone off. Or maybe the phone was dead and she was charging it? It sounds like she may have waited until her dad left for work before committing murder. Premeditated?

BBM, I think in her selfish mind little Caylee was causing too many problems for her. In her personal partying lifestyle, and probably felt Caylee was becoming a problem for her at home between her and her parents as well. So she decided to eliminate her problem, :( And as it turns out her parents stuck by her through her incarceration and trial.

I believe the fool-proof suffocation search is in relation to suicidal thoughts. I think it would take a traumatic incident to frazzle her. This is someone who detaches emotionally, so I think she has to be in the moment to experience the trauma.

If this was premeditated murder that she was thinking about since at least March, like the prosecution claims, 2:51 on the 16th seems a little late in the game to be coming up with a plan. And considering it got interrupted by Jesse I don't know how much info she could have gleaned. Especially if it actually involved making chloroform. This is assuming you believe the prosecutions theory.

Whether it was murder or something accidental, the evidence to me suggests that it happened suddenly and Casey didn't have a game plan. I mean, the body being dumped so close to the house is a clear sign of no plan at least to me. Especially if the body was in the trunk for a considerable amount of time, why drive back towards the home? It doesn't make sense.

And she was definitely frazzled by the time Jesse called. And certainly her rapid fire phone calls to her mom an hour later suggest panic. Then she detached completely for 30 days, probably longer. But I think by 2:51 her life was already turned upside down. She wanted a way out. Suicide maybe? Jesse interrupts. She tries to get him to save her. No luck. Panic attack. Tries to get her mom to save her no luck. Complete emotional shutdown. Detach. Denial. etc.

Just a theory I have, it has a tight window but I think it works under both circumstances.

BBM

1st bold: (and you mention it a couple of times at the bottom too)

If you believe her, that she has the ability to compartmentalize like that...because I sure don't. Just because she or her defense team says it, doesn't make it true. I do not believe a mother (who says her daughter is the center of her world, and she loved her so much, etc) could ever have the ability to just shut their grief off 5 seconds after their 3 year old daughter is tragically killed in an accident, and then go skipping through the blockbuster with her boyfriend to rent movies, and have sleepovers, and woop it up for 31 days. That would be a super power...and grieving mothers all over the world would love to know her secret, I'm sure they'd give their left arm to have just one day where they didn't have to feel the intense pain or just have a moment of peace.... I guess fca's special...

The defense seriously abused that word. To compartmentalize is a real thing, just not like the way they described it with fca... And if you believe she was having suicidal thoughts and you also believe that she could compartmentalize, how do the two both happen together? Wouldn't she just compartmentalize her suicidal thoughts?

2nd bold:

The prosecutors didn't know about the fool-proof suffocation search until after the trial, it would have been a totally different trial had they known. Their strategy would've been completely different. That's their premeditation. And remember, premeditation can happen in the blink of an eye. And a big focus would be on fca's activities on the day of the 16th, which tightens everything up and best disputes the drowning theory happening in the morning... Jbaez would have some splainin' to do...

3rd bold:

If the girl was thinking of suicide why did she type in fool-proof suffocation? >>>> That would have to mean that she really thought fool-proof suffocation sites would discuss thoughts of suicide... :doh: I can think of 100 better things to type in...

All jmo.

[video=youtube;ZPUXPEBeapc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPUXPEBeapc[/video]
This video hit me straight in the feels.
What a beautiful and sweet child she was.
The ending really got to me. Crying :tantrum:

I haven't seen that video! I will have to find it and watch it! Thank you so much for the link!
I'm not surprised at all by how the party went. That pretty much explains how the relationship was between them.
In this 3 part series CA makes a comment that having Caylee was like reliving Casey being a child. I think CA was in some ways trying to raise Caylee better than Casey was raised. Either to protect Caylee from Casey or try to keep Caylee from turning out like Casey.
Like the old excuse goes "If I can't have you no one will.'

BBM

Yes! I agree....

All jmo.

bbm, i think in her selfish mind little caylee was causing too many problems for her. In her personal partying lifestyle, and probably felt caylee was becoming a problem for her at home between her and her parents as well. So she decided to eliminate her problem, :( and as it turns out her parents stuck by her through her incarceration and trial.

amen.

[video=youtube;OeDd2sE7tMM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeDd2sE7tMM[/video]

Yes Tulessa, this is it....but it's just a snip.... Doesn't show all her wandering and blank expressions... But, oh my, what a doll baby.... thx

All jmo.

She is bratty so I could see her getting mad about something silly and turning her phone off. Or maybe the phone was dead and she was charging it. It sounds like she may have waited until her dad left for work before committing murder. Premeditated?

BBM

That girl NEVER put down that phone, I think it was attached to her...it was never off or down, except for the few hours she slept..she went to great lengths for that dumb phone...she robbed her mom's retirement acct relentlessly to pay it. Ca had to eventually shut her acct down to stop her. Then she robbed her ailing grandfather's nursing home acct to pay her phone bill. And then she had to borrow her best friend's (AH) car (because her's smelled liked decomp) and fca stole a checkbook that she found in it and cleared out her acct, but not without attempting to make a payment on her phone with it... And did I mention her payments were outrageous (approx $550 - $600 month)... And that was just the months leading up to the murder... She didn't have a job, but the girl didn't care, she'd just steal it.... So, nah, I don't think she would shut it down over something silly.... And it was charged.

Yah, I think it was after ga left and it was premeditated....

All jmo.

I think it was because her other ideas fell through (chloroform was ultimately too complicated for her, neck breaking was too risky, etc.) She was angry at her mother for threatening to kick her out and take custody of her daughter. She wanted to do it and she wanted to do it that very moment. She was looking for a quick solution to get rid of Caylee and hurt Cindy. So she googled "fool-proof suffication."

I don't think she ultimately used chloroform. I think she researched chloroform, maybe she even tried to make it, but I don't think chloroform was the murder weapon.

I don't even think the prosecution said straight out that chloroform was the murder weapon. I think that they noted the unusually high levels in her trunk and put it out there for the jury to consider.

She did a lot of things without a game plan. She stole from her grandfather a second time to pay her phone bill after she'd already gotten caught once. She found Amy's checks and spent over a thousand dollars on beer and lingerie. Casey is someone who isn't used to being questioned, her parents let her get away with too much. She's always been able to talk her way out of it, so I think she figured that she could do it again.

The really sad part is that she was able to talk her way out of it.

Casey was and probably still is lazy and she was and probably still is, quoting her mother "not that smart." I don't think Casey realized how complicated and messy murder actually could be and how hard the smell of decomposition is to get rid of. I think something caused her to panic when she dumped Caylee on Suburban.

She panicked even more when her car continued to stink and left it at Amscot to distance herself from it. She also left an empty purse in the front seat in plain view. I think she was hoping someone would break into it and get their prints all over it. She called Jesse and asked him to go what would have been across town for him to go put gas in it.

And certainly her rapid fire phone calls to her mom an hour later suggest panic. Then she detached completely for 30 days, probably longer. But I think by 2:51 her life was already turned upside down. She wanted a way out. Suicide maybe? Jesse interrupts. She tries to get him to save her. No luck. Panic attack. Tries to get her mom to save her no luck. Complete emotional shutdown. Detach. Denial. etc.

She had a habit of making flurries of calls to her mother. Her phone records show a pattern. I agree with the person who said that Casey would never commit suicide. She loves herself too much and I can't see someone in denial stringing the police along the way she did. Then there's the way she tried to implicate other people.

And it doesn't seem to me that someone would "fool-proof suffication" they're planning on killing themselves? It would make more sense to google "suicide."

I think she googled it because she wanted to kill Caylee and she wanted to do it in a way that would leave very little evidence behind.

I think it was because her other ideas fell through (chloroform was ultimately too complicated for her, neck breaking was too risky, etc.) She was angry at her mother for threatening to kick her out and take custody of her daughter. She wanted to do it and she wanted to do it that very moment. She was looking for a quick solution to get rid of Caylee and hurt Cindy. So she googled "fool-proof suffication."

I don't think she ultimately used chloroform. I think she researched chloroform, maybe she even tried to make it, but I don't think chloroform was the murder weapon.

I don't even think the prosecution said straight out that chloroform was the murder weapon. I think that they noted the unusually high levels in her trunk and put it out there for the jury to consider.

She did a lot of things without a game plan. She stole from her grandfather a second time to pay her phone bill after she'd already gotten caught once. She found Amy's checks and spent over a thousand dollars on beer and lingerie. Casey is someone who isn't used to being questioned, her parents let her get away with too much. She's always been able to talk her way out of it, so I think she figured that she could do it again.

Casey was and probably still is lazy and she was and probably still is, quoting her mother "not that smart." I don't think Casey realized how complicated and messy murder actually could be and how hard the smell of decomposition is to get rid of. I think something caused her to panic when she dumped Caylee on Suburban.

She panicked even more when her car continued to stink and left it at Amscot to distance herself from it. She also left an empty purse in the front seat in plain view. I think she was hoping someone would break into it and get their prints all over it. She called Jesse and asked him to go what would have been across town for him to go put gas in it.

She had a habit of making flurries of calls to her mother. Her phone records show a pattern. I agree with the person who said that Casey would never commit suicide. She loves herself too much and I can't see someone in denial stringing the police along the way she did. Then there's the way she tried to implicate other people.

And it doesn't seem to me that someone would "fool-proof suffication" they're planning on killing themselves? It would make more sense to google "suicide."

I think she googled it because she wanted to kill Caylee and she wanted to do it in a way that would leave very little evidence behind.

Agree, i don't think she was planning suicide either.

BBM

That girl NEVER put down that phone, I think it was attached to her...it was never off or down, except for the few hours she slept..she went to great lengths for that dumb phone...she robbed her mom's retirement acct relentlessly to pay it. Ca had to eventually shut her acct down to stop her. Then she robbed her ailing grandfather's nursing home acct to pay her phone bill. And then she had to borrow her best friend's (AH) car (because her's smelled liked decomp) and fca stole a checkbook that she found in it and cleared out her acct, but not without attempting to make a payment on her phone with it... And did I mention her payments were outrageous (approx $550 - $600 month)... And that was just the months leading up to the murder... She didn't have a job, but the girl didn't care, she'd just steal it.... So, nah, I don't think she would shut it down over something silly.... And it was charged.

Yah, I think it was after ga left and it was premeditated....

All jmo.
Was she ever charged with all of the theft?
Has the statutes of limitations ran out on those already?
I can totally understand that stealing crap. We went through it too. We made our daughter suffer the consequences.
Now she's scared to death to even think to do it. Almost paranoid. Which in that case is a good thing! You do wrong you pay the piper. She was totally humiliated going through all of that too. A year probation and a hefty fine. She gets to carry that record too. She's always reminded of her deed when she thinks about applying for a new job too. They need to suffer consequences.
I'd be surprised if she actually ever had charges pressed by her family.
Her friend or hopefully ex-friend should've pressed charges.
They will do anything to keep their charade up and never think of consequences.
So it's more likely she turned it off on purpose to hide her deeds. She knew it could be pinged. Again shows premeditation.

I actually looked it up to see how easily it could be made. I don't think she had the brains to figure out how to use it correctly. Maybe she did make it and was trying it out on her or trying over a period of time to kill her without success? Then that day she had enough and just killed her to spite her mom and dad and live that beautiful life she wanted so badly..... Sad that she didn't realize she was given a beautiful life through Caylee.I hope she truly haunts her every moment.

This is probably true. In a way I hope she did use it at least so Caylee didn't know that her own mama was killing her. :tantrum: That feels horrible to say but I don't want to imagine her conscience when the murder took place. :(

They are extremely good at talking their way out of things and out right lying to others to get their way. You have to be able to see through their BS and call them out immediately. But honestly... these types will NEVER stop their behavior. You can't trust a word they say. Which is sad. Even the words "I love you" is probably a lie even if you gave birth to them. They are major manipulators. The whole reason my daughter took off with our granddaughter was I called her out on her BS and told her the truth about her actions. She didn't like hearing it and ran. She knew I wasn't going to let her get away with anything when it came to my granddaughter's health and well being. So she took her to punish me and my DH.

Can you imagine in the Florida heat how bad the smell must have been? I wonder if she had became paranoid someone was going to smell it too before she could dump the body or she was trying to frame her parents by dumping her so close to the home. Actually the more I think about it the more I feel she was trying to frame them all along. I don't think the place she dumped her was by accident. I actually think if GA or CA was involved they would have given her a more proper type of burial than tossing her to elements and animals to ravage. I think she put that bag of trash in the car (did it even exist for certain?) to try and explain away the smell. Again premeditation. Everything she did was calculated.

I think she thoroughly enjoyed dragging the cops around. It was all a game and all the attention was on her. She was starring in her own little movie. Any attention even negative attention, they thrive off of.

I agree she wouldn't commit suicide. She just wanted to make sure her tracks were covered. Apparently it worked too. She muddied the waters just enough to get her off and a dumb jury too. The fact she was willing to lie about sexual abuse by her own father who probably had always been on her side from a youngster always defending her and protecting her from the outcomes of her lies, tells a lot. I can tell you that having a child with this kind of behavior will destroy a marriage because they learn early to manipulate the parents against each other and causes such toxic relationships. It took my husband 17 years to finally see the light and I knew from age 5 something wasn't right. I doubt their marriage will survive this. Probably the only reason they are still together is BECAUSE she's destroyed their chances of ever living a normal life and moving on. No one else would want to be with them because of all of this. But I don't feel sorry for them. They protected Casey when they shouldn't have. They should have let the chips fall where they may and let her take the fall she deserved fully. I know I must sound so cold but I'm truly not. I've just lived 20 years with a child like this and you have to keep your compass morally correct and not let them drag you down with them. It's extremely HARD to do. I love my daughter fiercely but I refuse to let her get away with BS. I will always call her out on it. It's my job as her mother. Believe me it is tough to be honest with them but you have to do it to keep them on the right track. I'm blunt and call it like I see it. I follow my instincts and they are never wrong. My son is a straight arrow and totally opposite of her. They are just wired differently and I honestly don't think they have the ability to feel empathy or sympathy of someone else other than themselves.
First time trying to break up a reply so may have to fix it haha!
Forgive me if it turns out all crazy!
ETA: my responses are in bold. It did turn out a jumbled mess haha! Sorry!!! :blushing: Got to figure out how to do this properly!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back