An arrest has been made!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I respectfully disagree! Those deaths are NOT done by women with Munchausens. I am talking about the beating deaths, suffocations, and otherwise horrible cases done by women against children who are not their own.

I understand your points but I formed my opinion after reading this comment about the FBI's opinion on this from this CNN article:

"There was some speculation early on that [the suspect] would be a man," Sheneman said Saturday. "It's unusual for a woman -- statistically, according to the FBI -- to be involved in anything like this."

WTH!!!!!!!!!!!! I just found this out a few minutes ago. I've been offline. My roommate is 29 and went to Brea Olinda High School and says this Huckaby looks very familiar. Sjhe's going to check her yearbook. What the heck!!?? I never would have guessed this woman. This is crazy. Why? Why would she do it?

That's the million dollar question everyone wants to know. I hope we find out.

Hi Dr Know, Thanks for the post. I have decided Steely Dan picked the perfect nik. LOL I often read his posts and then sit back to contemplate. Actually we have simply excellent posters working on this case. xox

:blowkiss:

I think some would especially if an older sister had treated her own hair. I thought it looked pretty and maybe like highlights or one of those glosses or tinted glaze for shine that wears off after awhile. I'd think hair dye would look reddish. Sandra's hair was so dark that it would have had to be bleached to not be brassy, and it didn't look bleached and toned to me.

I don't know. The hair color difference seems much more drastic than a simple gloss or highlight job. I thought perhaps it may have been from sun exposure.. I have a cousin whose hair can turn a few shades lighter from being in the sun. Alas, her hair is not as dark as Sandra's either so I'm not sure.

I can't put my finger on what bothers me about the differences in Sandra's hair color. But it's something.

ETA: I would hope no one would put any type of hair coloring products in her hair. It's really not recommended for children her age and setting her up for damage that will last the rest of her life.

It's not just your screen. I've noticed the blond vs dark brown hair on my own computer and on television reports. From the first time I saw them I wondered why she had such a drastic difference in hair color. One wouldn't dye an 8yr old's hair... or would they?

Why would you die an 8 year old's hair? Maybe someone wanted her to look older? Fit in at school? Not look so hispanic?

She was such a beautiful child, I can't imagine anyone wanting to change how she looked at all.

Hi Bobbiesangel, I could swear she had a backpack too, in fact she had her right hand clutched at her chest on what looked like a strap to me - so it wouldn't slide off her shoulder. Just what I think I saw. Didn't LE say right away she had a backpack and then changed it right away? Probably info for a smoking gun they didn't want out there. I could be dreaming, right? LOL

I'm pretty sure there is nothing in her hands or on her shoulder in that video.

Ok, so I saw my roommate's 1997 yearbook. There she is. My roommate remembers her from a mathclass they had together. She said melissa seemed immature and sheltered. She did not like her and found her to be "annoyingly religious".

Is there any way you can post that picture here? :woohoo:

I don't think we have seen all the arrests just yet...for the life of me I cannot remember what news outlet I was reading in the late a.m. when this broke...but a deputy trainee (?) reported a man parked going the wrong way near the farm and acting oddly.

I KNOW we need to link/source, forgive me but it was just before I logged off to try and sleep.

I will try and find it!

Why would you die an 8 year old's hair? Maybe someone wanted her to look older? Fit in at school? Not look so hispanic?

She was such a beautiful child, I can't imagine anyone wanting to change how she looked at all.

Her hair color changes have bothered me for quite some time. Something is just not sitting right with me about it.

I think even as a blonde she looked hispanic. You're absolutely right, she was a beautiful little girl just the way she was. What always got me were her eyes. You could see her soul in them.

I found her missing poster with a side by side of the two shots. Here's the link

http://www.salem-news.com/gphotos/1238567086.jpg

I'm pretty sure there is nothing in her hands or on her shoulder in that video.

Is there any way you can post that picture here? :woohoo:

I'm going to try. I nned my other roommate to come home because I think he has a scanner. Mine does not work. She looks like a normal, dorky teenager to me. She has thinish bangs and curly hair. Big smile. I just can't beleive it.

Regarding the hair color thing with Sandra, it was reported early on that her hair had lightened considerably due to the sun.

I'm going to try. I nned my other roommate to come home because I think he has a scanner. Mine does not work. She looks like a normal, dorky teenager to me. She has thinish bangs and curly hair. Big smile. I just can't beleive it.

Regarding the hair color thing with Sandra, it was reported early on that her hair had lightened considerably due to the sun.

If they had a pool in the complex I can see Sandra's hair being lightened that much...mine was medium brown as a child and it would go near blonde from the pool and the sun. You can see it in her eyebrows that it looks natural, not dyed.

Roomamte definitely has a scanner. I'm so tempted to just sneak in there and use it. He's out right now and I don't want to wait!

I don't think we have seen all the arrests just yet...for the life of me I cannot remember what news outlet I was reading in the late a.m. when this broke...but a deputy trainee (?) reported a man parked going the wrong way near the farm and acting oddly.

I KNOW we need to link/source, forgive me but it was just before I logged off to try and sleep.

I will try and find it!

Quoting my own post...and rats, cannot find the news bit I referred to...but I did read it I promise :confused:...

I remember thinking that it may have been the grandfather helping the perp or a boyfriend...either way, I pray that ALL involved get some swift justice.

My roommate has a 98' yearbook as well somewhere but isn't sure exactly where. I'm begging her to look for it so I can see Mh's picture from that year as well but she doesn't really want to search. People don't always get how we can be so obsessed with these cases.

It's 1:19 a.m.. The roommate with the scanner should be home around 2:00 a.m.. I will try to get the photo up here then. For now I'm going back to catch up with the first Huckaby thread.

I just watched the video of her mom and aunt on the Today show. My heart breaks for her mom. The reporter that keeps asking sandra's mom if she's ok to talk is making me mad...duh, does she look ok? She looks so fragile, I'm amazed that she's able to move at all.

I wonder who's idea it was to change her hair color? Sandra was a single mom... as a single mom myself, I wonder who Sandra's mom trusted to help her with her children. I know I sure needed help with my girls.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8xld6_sandra-cantus-mother-maria-chavez-o_news

I figured they might solve this crime quickly since they found the body within a week - lots more evidence that way.

And I'm not surprised that it was a woman. Hello? Casey Anthony? Just because someone is a mother doesn't mean she can't be a monster - there are plenty of Mommy Dearest types in the world, unfortunately.

It's 1:19 a.m.. The roommate with the scanner should be home around 2:00 a.m.. I will try to get the photo up here then. For now I'm going back to catch up with the first Huckaby thread.

Alrighty! Thanks for your efforts....we'll be waiting! :)

ok, back to the today show video. I heard Sandra's mom reffer to Sandra as he? Could someone else listen and tell me I'm hearing things? When her mom first speaks, she say " I loved him so much." Who is him? Is there a brother that she was confused about? Maybe I'm just not hearing it right?

:cow:chos gracias!

If they had a pool in the complex I can see Sandra's hair being lightened that much...mine was medium brown as a child and it would go near blonde from the pool and the sun. You can see it in her eyebrows that it looks natural, not dyed.

Looking at the two pics side by side Sandra's eyebrows also look lighter in the one pic. I still think the hair had some highlights put in on the top layers. The sun may have done quite a bit but may have had a little help. The bottom of the top layer does look a little bit reddish while underneath is still dark brown. She was so cute either way.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsGriss
Back