Andrew Kinsman, 49, Toronto, 26 June 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.cp24.com/news/disappeara...ases-not-tied-to-dating-apps-police-1.3712689
Last Updated Friday, December 8, 2017 12:21PM EST The disappearances of two men last seen just east of downtown are not tied to their activities on dating apps or social media, and police have not been able to link the two cases in any way.
Selim Esen was last seen in mid-April 2017 and would often frequent the Church and Wellesley area and Kensington Market.
Andrew Kinsman was reported missing two days after he was last seen on June 26, 2017, near his home on Winchester Street in Cabbagetown.

Andrew Kinsman, 49, has been missing since June 26, police say. (Toronto Police Services)

Selim Esen, 44

Det. Sgt. Michael Richmond says police have interviewed more than 60 people who either knew or saw Esen and Kinsman before they disappeared as part of a special task force set up to investigate the disappearances, dubbed Project Prism.
After the interviews and approximately 28 searches of properties and items tied to both men, Richmond said that investigators don’t suspect foul play in either case, but they cannot rule it out.

What? Really?
They don't suspect foul play??

Where are these men?

They also stated.." but they cannot rule it out".

So I guess what they are saying, is they have no idea what has happened
So much time has passed..

I've only recently started to read up on the disappearance of Kinsman and other men in Toronto's LGBTQ community, and I'm convinced that there was a third party involved in this disappearance. I haven't read through this whole thread so I'm sorry if these points have already been discussed. There are two things that really stuck out to me that have peaked my interest. Andrew and the other men went missing around holidays which makes me wonder if whomever is responsible is from out of town and visiting Toronto? Second, Abdulbasir Faizi's car was found abandoned outside a Moore Street entrance to the Belt Line entrance. I lived in this area back when I was going to university and this areas, along with part of Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, were known cruising spots due to its secluded nature. The odd thing is after Faizi's disappearance, police never actually search the Belt Line itself but only the surrounding neighborhood. I really wish this area would get searched. I know that Kinsman's family and friends have searched some areas of the Belt Line closer to downtown but no up in that area. My hunch is that Kinsman and the others were lured into a pretense of a hookup or date and then met with foul play.

I've only recently started to read up on the disappearance of Kinsman and other men in Toronto's LGBTQ community, and I'm convinced that there was a third party involved in this disappearance. I haven't read through this whole thread so I'm sorry if these points have already been discussed. There are two things that really stuck out to me that have peaked my interest. Andrew and the other men went missing around holidays which makes me wonder if whomever is responsible is from out of town and visiting Toronto? Second, Abdulbasir Faizi's car was found abandoned outside a Moore Street entrance to the Belt Line entrance. I lived in this area back when I was going to university and this areas, along with part of Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, were known cruising spots due to its secluded nature. The odd thing is after Faizi's disappearance, police never actually search the Belt Line itself but only the surrounding neighborhood. I really wish this area would get searched. I know that Kinsman's family and friends have searched some areas of the Belt Line closer to downtown but no up in that area. My hunch is that Kinsman and the others were lured into a pretense of a hookup or date and then met with foul play.

Welcome to Ws pchouinard187, thanks for your input, hoping too for more searches in the mentioned areas!

http://www.cp24.com/news/disappeara...ases-not-tied-to-dating-apps-police-1.3712689

Andrew Kinsman, 49, has been missing since June 26, police say. (Toronto Police Services)

Thanks for the update, Dotr.

I find their statement about dating apps and social media absurd.

How could they possibly know that?

All these men just walked off to have a new life? Where?

I wish I could see the evidence in this case. I don't believe for one second that Andrew purposefully walked from his life.

WG

Thanks for the update, Dotr.

I find their statement about dating apps and social media absurd.

How could they possibly know that?

All these men just walked off to have a new life? Where?

I wish I could see the evidence in this case. I don't believe for one second that Andrew purposefully walked from his life.

WG

I think the reason that police made this statement was because it was known that Kinsman had used several dating apps prior to his disappearance. I think the working theory based on things Andrew's friends have said and little tidbits from the police is that he might have met up with someone he had been chatting with on one of these apps.

I don't think any of these men walked off as the evidence does not suggest it. There were no unusual financial transactions prior to their disappearance nor any suggestion that they might harm themselves. They all went missing during holiday periods, they were in roughly in the same age bracket, and with the exception of Kinsman, all of east Asian heritage. To me there is clearly a common established pattern which suggests the work of the same person (people).

The only real lead for these cases in my mind is the discovery of Abdulbasir Faizi's car parked near the entrance to the Moore Park Ravine. That part of the Beltline is more very secluded, highly wooded, with low foot traffic and the entrance if easy to miss if you don't know it's there. Police never searched the park or the surrounding neighbourhood. Having biked on that path several times, it would not be hard to dispose evidence here and not have it discovered unless it was actively searched.

New story from the National Post about Kinsman and other missing people from the LGBTQ community

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada...where-they-are-least-safe-as-residents-vanish
Thank-you.

From this article, they have a good map of missing and deceased people around the village, but they do not have it labeled.

Have any WSERS done a case map?

24193842771e7fa0b2dafe8b94f47928.jpg

Lengthy article, will also post on Tess R thread.
https://thevarsity.ca/2018/01/08/after-tess-richey/
A GROWING TREND

Richey’s disappearance and subsequent death is the most recent case in an expanding list of similar stories. A local resident, Dani Rose, created a map of eleven people who have gone missing in the neighbourhood since September 2010. The Varsity has compiled and updated Rose’s research into a chart detailing their names, ages, area they went missing, date they went missing, and their current status.

According to the data Rose assembled, the average age of those who have gone missing is 39 — with the youngest being 22 and the oldest 59.

Some cases go as far back as nearly eight years ago, but most listed in the map are recent, with eight occurring in 2017. All of the reported cases occurred in and around Church and Wellesley. Rose told the CBC that there is a “growing sense of fear walking alone” in the neighbourhood.
What makes these disappearances and deaths stand out especially is that they appear to be targeting members of Toronto’s LGBTQ+ community.

Alloura Wells, who was a transgender woman, was reported missing near the Village and eventually found dead in a ravine in Rosedale. The police faced criticism for not taking Wells’ case seriously because of her gender identity, her status as a sex worker, and because she was homeless for a number of years.
The earliest cases on the list — Skandaraj Navaratnam, Abdulbasir Faizi, and Majeed Kayhan — also attracted public scrutiny. All three men were members of the LGBTQ+ community, were people of colour, and went missing in the same neighbourhood within a four-block radius. Initially thought to be isolated cases, the police eventually connected their cases in 2013 and set up a task force named Project Houston to investigate, but came up with nothing. After more than five years, their disappearances still remain a mystery.
The Church and Wellesley Village has long been known as a vibrant community in downtown Toronto. It is seen as a place where people are free to be themselves and enjoy the nightlife of multiple bars, clubs, and restaurants.
Now, when people search the Church and Wellesley area online they no longer see welcoming signs, but instead words like “missing,” “serial killer,” or “disappearances.”

Many Torontonians have been responding to the disappearances by posting supportive messages online or in the neighbourhood. While there is an underlying fear, there’s also a palpable sense of community in the neighbourhood.
“I find it all very sad and disturbing,” she said, also mentioning that she has “noticed people in the Village have been getting more and more nervous since Andrew Kinsman disappeared back in June.” It was not uncommon for people to see posters of Kinsman around the neighbourhood at the time.

“I don’t think the cases are all connected. I don’t think there is a single serial killer responsible for all the cases,” Abela remarked. However, she believes that “the cases of the three men who went missing in 2010-2012 are definitely connected,” referring to Navaratnam, Faizi, and Kayhan.

December 16 2017
http://torontosun.com/news/local-ne...prowl-for-young-men-during-the-summer-of-love
[h=1]SECRET SERIAL KILLER: Jimmy Greenridge was on the prowl for young men during the Summer of Love[/h] Brad Hunter

In Montreal, Expo ‘67 was in full swing and Greenridge asked Tivey if he wanted a ride to Canada’s big party.

“I could have been a victim of Jimmy Greenridge,” Tivey later told Dubro for a feature in Xtra. “I came very close to it. He offered me a ride to Expo 67 (in Montreal) and I accepted but later I got cold feet for some reason. Weeks later he was charged with murder and attempted murder. My God, I thought, it could have been me. I was really freaked out. It was very chilling…. I met Jimmy Greernidge two times and certainly do not want to meet him a third time.”

In 1982, the hulking killer went down for first-degree murder for killing a 24-year-old Vancouver woman. Same deal.

Greenridge reportedly never lost his ability to chill people to the bone.

He was eligible for parole in 2014.
His whereabouts are unknown.
rbbm

This may have already been posted concerning an earlier murder associated with the neighbourhood.
Wondering if Andrew might also be found near this location?
speculation, imo.
https://oakwoodherald.com/what-the-...o-can-tell-us-about-the-citys-missing/141314/
Jan 14 2018
[h=1]What the case of a man who vanished in Toronto over 20 years ago can tell us about the city‘s missing[/h]
Uncle Larry” as Hind knew him, lived in the Chatham area and travelled to Toronto about six times a year. His visit in October 1994 was his last. He was last seen on Oct. 14 in the Church and Wellesley neighbourhood, leaving a bar with another man. After that, the case went cold.

The community put together a poster campaign as police investigated. Hind later learned the detective on the case wrote two Crime Stoppers stories hoping for leads. But apart from him, the family believed, few other resources were put into pursuing the investigation.

It would be four years before Paul Alan Hachey confessed to the 46-year-old‘s murder, facing DNA evidence that linked him to another homicide and multiple sexual assaults, said Hind.

A clipping of an article in the Toronto Star, dated November 23, 1994. (Submitted by Joshua Hind)

A friend, CBC News reported at the time, said Arnold had left an answering machine message saying he wouldn‘t be able to meet for dinner and that he was “having fun.”

His body was found more than a month after he disappeared, in a wooded area near Rosedale‘s million dollar homes across from David Balfour Park, which was described at the time as an area “known for sexual cruising.”

One night just after Tess's murder, we were discussing all these missing men, so put names to paper.
Unless the D office at TPS knows something they are not sharing (and I understand reasons they sometimes can't do that), there is definitely some link to these people. The general consensus in the room was "serial killer".
And if a serial killer, where are the bodies??

One night just after Tess's murder, we were discussing all these missing men, so put names to paper.
Unless the D office at TPS knows something they are not sharing (and I understand reasons they sometimes can't do that), there is definitely some link to these people. The general consensus in the room was "serial killer".
And if a serial killer, where are the bodies??
rbbm.
What kind of a place would be appealing to guys ( maybe some gals too) and not cause suspicion if they were taken there?

Off the top of my head, guessing for now a city mansion or yacht?
imo. speculation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatMeryl
Back