Andrew Kinsman, 49, Toronto, 26 June 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I seem to remember that Skanda also house sat for someone in Cabbagetown. Hmmmm
He was actually a live-in helper for an elderly man:

Cloutier says Navaratnam lives in Cabbagetown, where he helps an older man with chores and errands. Cloutier went to the house on Sept 21 to look around, but he says nothing looked out of the ordinary. Navaratnam has another home on Broadview Ave across from Riverdale Park, but he does not spend much time there, says Cloutier.

Navaratnam often escapes to Cloutier’s cabin in Bancroft, but Cloutier says he checked the property over the weekend and Navaratnam was not there.
https://www.dailyxtra.com/toronto-gay-man-missing-since-sept-6-9187

I've given you link saying he sold a car to Dom's Auto Parts in Courtice, which the police later purchased; the same link says he was intercepted entering an autowrecking yard in a separate instance. This is two incidents in which he was disposing of his car in a way that would result in it being scrapped/ torn apart. This is two cars. Therefore, he twice tried to scrap/ dispose of cars in ways that would lead to them being disassembled. The police intercepted both times, and in the first case it was lucky they did, as per Domenic Vetere who owns Dom's Auto Parts:

Generally when you sell your car to an auto parts yard and you accept the initial low-ball offer, you are trying to get rid of it asap.

Also, as for last week, the SECOND car - from the same link I shared with you.

This is not the car he sold in Courtice. He already sold it, and the investigators took possession. This is anotehr vehicle he was driving more recently when they intercepted him. So here we have two vehicles, which is more than one. This is what I meant by "a number". If this is a semantic issue then I will admit - there were two. Two cars. (Two is a number, higher than one.)

I feel like this could be the same situation? I have a feeling that they nabbed the van, did forensics, it came back as blood relating to a victim just last week, and that's when they moved and arrested him.

Otherwise you think you'd have another auto shop coming out of the woodwork saying they the cops came by

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like this could be the same situation? I have a feeling that they nabbed the van, did forensics, it came back as blood relating to a victim just last week, and that's when they moved and arrested him.

Otherwise you think you'd have another auto shop coming out of the woodwork saying they the cops came by

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would hardly call that an interception. The cops showed up to Dom's Auto Parts at least a week after McArthur sold his car in September (it's in the same link I've posted). This does not sound like the same situation that is discussed here: "On Friday, citing an unnamed source, CP24 reported that McArthur was intercepted by police when he allegedly tried to enter an auto wrecking yard with a vehicle that had blood in the trunk."

It sounds like there are two vehicles. In Courtice, he did enter - he sold his car - and he left. Police were lucky the car was still intact. Dominic Vetere also says this:

“The police started in Toronto and were moving out to places like mine with the VIN to try to track this van down,” he said.

That is not an interception. This was a lucky break. They later intercepted him with another vehicle.

It's starting to sound like he got arrested trying to 'off load' the vehicle with blood in the trunk at a wreckers on FRIDAY --- does that mean THEY (auto wrecker) noticed blood in the trunk and called police...OR I suppose it makes A LOT more sense that LE was watching him and swooped in.....
Except his arrest was Thursday of last week. I wish there was more clarity around the topic of the car(s). I was under the impression that the quotes were referring to the same incident at Dom’s. I’d also be interested to know the circumstances of his arrest. Where was he and how did it go down? It’s been stated that the search of the van that yielded blood evidence led to the search of his apartment that yielded confirmation of 4 victims, 2 of which could be identified, which then led to his arrest. How did they manage to search his apartment, without alerting him and causing him to flee?

Speculation but to me it sounds like there were two vehicles.

They started to keep an eye on him in the fall. They somehow knew he was offloading car #1. According to Vetere, the cops were going to various auto parts shops to try to find it and got lucky when they made it to his in Courtice. Seems like they did some work on this car, found something, but not enough to get a warrant to search the apartment?

Last week they intercepted him "[trying] to enter an auto wrecking yard"; it also had blood (fresh???? speculation), giving them the warrant for the Thorncliffe apartment - seemingly he was also arrested when he was intercepted.

There is perhaps a 3rd vehicle involved - the truck that was being towed from one of the houses the other day (Scarborough house?)

Except his arrest was Thursday of last week. I wish there was more clarity around the topic of the car(s). I was under the impression that the quotes were referring to the same incident at Dom’s. I’d also be interested to know the circumstances of his arrest. Where was he and how did it go down? It’s been stated that the search of the van that yielded blood evidence led to the search of his apartment that yielded confirmation of 4 victims, 2 of which could be identified, which then led to his arrest. How did they manage to search his apartment, without alerting him and causing him to flee?

To me it wouldn't make sense if they are about the same incident because the police did not intercept him in Courtice. In Courtice he did not "try" to "allegedly" drive into an autowrecking yard - in Courtice, he sold his car, a week before the police caught up to it. Nor did they have the warrant in September when they found his car at Dom's.

Good video regarding the vehicle.

[video]http://toronto.citynews.ca/video/iframe/593482582001/rkYQW9JeZ/5716766020001?auto_play_switch=false[/video]

Good video regarding the vehicle.

[video]http://toronto.citynews.ca/video/iframe/593482582001/rkYQW9JeZ/5716766020001?auto_play_switch=false[/video]

Anyone know what "decontamination" involves?

I'm guessing, from what the owner said earlier, that it's the process of removing the battery, draining all fluids and removing the tires. Sorry, I can't remember the MSM article where I read that.

To me it wouldn't make sense if they are about the same incident because the police did not intercept him in Courtice. In Courtice he did not "try" to "allegedly" drive into an autowrecking yard - in Courtice, he sold his car, a week before the police caught up to it. Nor did they have the warrant in September when they found his car at Dom's.

Wasn't it reported that he took the van in to the auto parts place Sept 16, and the police went to investigate in October? I don't know what date in October, but this could be anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks before it was followed up.

Originally, I thought they followed him to Dom's, but apparently not. If there was a second vehicle, then he was probably on their radar at that time. It was good that you picked up on this, because I read the article and didn't notice vehicle #2. Or perhaps the article was poorly written and there was only one. I hope this gets clarified.

I wonder, if after he took the van to Dom's Auto, that the police noticed he was driving a new vehicle and checked MTO records to see who he sold it to.

(posted by Icid)
https://www.dailyxtra.com/bruce-mca...ed-missing-man-skanda-navaratnam-source-83842

He characterizes Navaratnam’s relationship with McArthur as long-standing and not simply a fling.Over the years he saw Navaratnam and McArthur together twice. But he recalls dropping Navaratnam off at McArthur’s Leaside property that is currently being searched by police, he says.
Navaratnam had a key[, he says.

When I hear the description "Leaside property" it's confusing, because the couple that owns the house where he stored stuff in their garage, is in Leaside, whereas his own residence is in Thorncliffe, but is called "Leaside Towers".

RBBM

I'm still of the belief there is only one vehicle involved.

I don't know the circumstances of the arrest itself but I believe he was arrested Thurs. morning and his apartment was searched after. All is jmo.

BIG BREAK WEDNESDAY

It came in the form of evidence which permitted the police team to formulate sufficient cause to arrest of Mr. McArthur at about 10.30 a.m. Thursday.

Detectives and forensic officers were going through McArthur’s apartment at 95 Thorncliffe Park Drive Thursday.

Source; http://bayview-news.com/2018/01/bruce-mcarthur-66-charged-with-murder-of-missing-men.html/

I guess that will come out later? Must have had a warrant to search the apartment. My understanding of the 'blood evidence' is that it was a tiny amount of blood. One of the workers at the shop, Doms??, stated that their detailer didn't even notice it. So, maybe a spot in a metal seam?? Enough to make an arrest though. IMO

Wasn't it reported that he took the van in to the auto parts place Sept 16, and the police went to investigate in October? I don't know what date in October, but this could be anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks before it was followed up.

Originally, I thought they followed him to Dom's, but apparently not. If there was a second vehicle, then he was probably on their radar at that time. It was good that you picked up on this, because I read the article and didn't notice vehicle #2. Or perhaps the article was poorly written and there was only one. I hope this gets clarified.

I wonder, if after he took the van to Dom's Auto, that the police noticed he was driving a new vehicle and checked MTO records to see who he sold it to.

yes that's what's reported in the video shared above by Jasper52. Dom says that they came 12 days later.

Either a case of extremely poor writing or there's two vehicles - how can someone write that he was "intercepted by police when he allegedly tried to enter an auto wrecking yard with a vehicle that had blood in the trunk" if this is about a car they were lucky to find that was sold 12 days later? And how could the car at Dom's involve "trying" or something being "alleged" when he was, in fact, successful in entering the yard, selling the car, twelve days earlier?

Jasper52, I agree. Under the impression he was either asleep or sitting having a coffee when the police came by. They arrested him, got the warrant (or had it in hand) and the search began. IMO

Jasper52, I agree. Under the impression he was either asleep or sitting having a coffee when the police came by. They arrested him, got the warrant (or had it in hand) and the search began. IMO

I just found this;

Homicide investigators announced on Thursday that 66-year-old Bruce McArthur was arrested at his Toronto home following a months-long probe into missing persons cases.

Source; https://globalnews.ca/news/3977317/bruce-mcarthur-toronto-police-investigation/

Might have to do with removal of hazardous materials???

Hazardous materials include but are not limited to the following materials (solid,
liquid or gas):
 oils, greases, solvents, brake fluid, fuel, and other liquid hydrocarbons;
 active ingredients in antifreeze and windshield washer fluid;
 refrigerants;
 lead–acid batteries, lead tire weights, lead battery cables;
 tires;
 mercury switches; and
 soils, absorbents, and other solids (e.g., sludges) containing hazardous materials.

http://carec.ca/CAREC_Jan2012.pdf

Just maybe....

:dunno:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member