Andrew Kinsman, 49, Toronto, 26 June 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi all, new to this site and first post. Noticed his profile from Silverdaddies was in the news, which also noted he was also on Growlr, Scruff mobile apps.

Heres some other website profiles he was active on until his arrest:

https://www.bear411.com/silverfoxtoronto (lists his home both toronto and bowmanville)

https://www.manjam.com/profile/silverfoxtoronto/1698581/ (has list of friends on profile)

http://accessmobile.bearforest.com/classifieds/pp2get.cgi?x_get=217453&x_nodisp=1

http://www.mrxapp.com/profile/silverfoxtoronto

He's also on squirt.org with nickname silverfoxtoronto but public links not accessible.

Is it normal for someone to be on this many hookup sites? I'm not someone that was ever into casual hookups, nor am I someone who likes to go clubbing, etc. (very introverted). so I don't know if this is just part of that scene, or if this is just part of his MO...

Missing men lead to police investigation of alleged serial killer and W5 documentary

https://www.ctvnews.ca/w5/missing-m...ed-serial-killer-and-w5-documentary-1.3807002

Thanks for the link!
His name was Andrew Kinsman. And it’s only now, months after he vanished, that we can definitively speak about him in the past tense.

Andrew didn’t just disappear. He was murdered. Horrifying new details are emerging almost daily: Dismemberment, body parts in planters, trophy photos, all validating a theory that has been floating around for years: That a serial killer was stalking men in Toronto’s gay village.

W5’s "The Missing" explores the lives lost, and includes an exclusive interview with the lead investigator who defends the way police handled the case.

"The Missing" airs at 7 p.m. Saturday on CTV.
rbbm.

Putting remains in planters is so bizarre. Did he think it was a safe way to dispose of his victims? I dump out my planters when the soil has burnt out and add in new soil and compost. This guy is a profiler's nightmare. Gardening is nurturing, life. He's putting death, body parts into planters. WTAF.

WARNING MAY BE GRAPHIC!!!!!

It's true that many replenish the soil in planters because the plants use the nutrients that are in the soil After awhile, the soil is no longer healthy. While using fertilizers can help improve the soil, sometimes other steps have to be taken. Bone meal is considered a wonderful 'food' for plants. Now I don't know if the human remains were cremated or anything before being put in the pots. I know in the past here, it's more or less a tradition for us to bury a pet and plant a bush/flower/tree with the grave.

Forgot to say, he was also the gardener, so any replenishing soil, replanting, etc, would have probably been done by him!

I disagree. They made irresponsible statements throughout the duration of these investigations.
Indeed. if you look into the case of the Grindr killer in the Uk its the same deal. There's both a conscious and unconscious set of assumptions being made by the straight media and authorities all the time and it promotes apathy, prejudice and much less social safety for this community than that enjoyed by straight men and women.Its no longer excusable ..hasn't been for decades
Have just joined Andrew's forum here so got some reading to do to get up to scratch and if Im repeating other comments please forgive.
Just angry at the way the gay community is treated in what are often life and death matters..jmo

"Andrew Kinsman, a white man, did not let people know where he would be, when to expect him to return. All of which makes any investigation more difficult. People do have the right to privacy but if no one knows when to next hear from you.....any one of us.....it takes longer to realize that you ARE missing and harder for the police to locate you. Just saying."[/QUOTE]

Andrew DID tell housemates he was meeting a friend for coffee the afternoon he disappeared. That as normal a statement as I could hope for, given we are all, in this apartment, independent adults and responsible at that. "Coffee with friends" was a natural thing to share. We are all in our 30s and 40s. Any more details on one's day would feel quite odd. We don't keep tabs.on each other. If coffee runs late, or becomes coffee and a movie, I don't expect to hear from any of the people who live in the same building to share their changing plans.

I believed it was quite reasonable to interact with Andrew at the house Monday afternoon, notice quiet in his apartment Monday night as I want to sleep, notice quiet after returning
from work Tuesday then report him Wednesday. But in hindsight, it sounds as though you find us indolent in reporting. If so, I am deeply, deeply saddened and take responsibility for the death of my friend.

We did the best we could reporting him but your comments indicate that we failed, and will grieve that failure.

"Andrew Kinsman, a white man, did not let people know where he would be, when to expect him to return. All of which makes any investigation more difficult. People do have the right to privacy but if no one knows when to next hear from you.....any one of us.....it takes longer to realize that you ARE missing and harder for the police to locate you. Just saying."

Andrew DID tell housemates he was meeting a friend for coffee the afternoon he disappeared. That as normal a statement as I could hope for, given we are all, in this apartment, independent adults and responsible at that. "Coffee with friends" was a natural thing to share. We are all in our 30s and 40s. Any more details on one's day would feel quite odd. We don't keep tabs.on each other. If coffee runs late, or becomes coffee and a movie, I don't expect to hear from any of the people who live in the same building to share their changing plans.

I believed it was quite reasonable to interact with Andrew at the house Monday afternoon, notice quiet in his apartment Monday night as I want to sleep, notice quiet after returning
from work Tuesday then report him Wednesday. But in hindsight, it sounds as though you find us indolent in reporting. If so, I am deeply, deeply saddened and take responsibility for the death of my friend.

We did the best we could reporting him but your comments indicate that we failed, and will grieve that failure.[/QUOTE]Is this post a quote from somewhere or are you personally connnected to Andrew and stating this first-hand? TIA.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We did the best we could reporting him but your comments indicate that we failed, and will grieve that failure.

Just read through your previous postings and wanted to send you my condolences, can tell you've personally been through a lot since Andrew went missing. Thanks for all the efforts, Andrew had a great friend in you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is tragic reading this thread and knowing you were all correct.

MANDEL: From trophies to staging his victims, Bruce McArthur is a monster
Jan 30 2019
"Finally, McArthur admitted to murdering Kinsman on or about June 26, 2017 — using a ligature and ropes to confine him during the slaying.

It was here where the serial killer would make all his mistakes: Investigators found an entry for “Bruce” on Kinsman’s calendar for that day and video surveillance showed him getting into McArthur’s van outside his home.

And unlike his other victims, Kinsman was a well-known LGBTQ activist whose mysterious disappearance was finally impossible to ignore.

“Is that what happened?” asked Justice John McMahon after the brief outline of facts was read.

“Yes, your honour,” McArthur replied.

The judge then convicted him on eight counts of first-degree murder."

I have just received my missing brother Jon Riley’s computer from homicide OPP and I need help from this group. Am I allowed to ask for researchers. I have phone #s that need to be tracked down. Pls let me know if you can help. He went missing from downtown Toronto 4/26/13

I have just received my missing brother Jon Riley’s computer from homicide OPP and I need help from this group. Am I allowed to ask for researchers. I have phone #s that need to be tracked down. Pls let me know if you can help. He went missing from downtown Toronto 4/26/13
Wow, finally after all this time.

I alerted your post to see if a new thread can be made to help with your request.

:thinking: Does BM have a brother --- Mitchell McArthur...???

http://www.missingadults.ca/viewMAcase.php?case=ON-MM-1982-11-01091

Police make arrest in cold case
December 16, 2009
...He would not confirm that investigators are charging Mitchell McArthur in the 1982 disappearance of Kingston drywaller Tom Gencarelli, who vanished Nov. 12. His body has never been found but police soon ruled it a murder.
Read more: North Bay Nugget
Slow response, just started thread.
CANADA - Thomas Gencarelli, 22, Kingston, Ontario, 12 November 1982

Among the information police gathered on the men McArthur targeted is Kinsman’s interest in serial killers such as John Wayne Gacy and Dennis Andrew Nilsen.
mcarthur-combo.jpg

American John Wayne Gacy, left, killed 33 young men and teenaged boys in the 1970s. Dennis Andrew Nilsen is believe to have killed at least 15 young men in England.

TORONTO — Andrew Kinsman, the last of eight men to be killed by Bruce McArthur , shared a keen interest in serial killers before becoming a victim of one himself.

Police found movies, drawings and writings about notorious serial killers who targeted gay men or raped male victims on Kinsman’s computer equipment and a friend suggested Kinsman may have discussed the psychology of serial killers with McArthur.

New passages within almost 6,000 pages of Toronto police documents detailing years of effort to track missing men who disappeared from the city’s gay village from 2010 to 2017 were unsealed by a judge Monday.

Much of the detailed investigative summaries had previously been unsealed with large sections blacked out to protect McArthur’s right to a fair trial. A legal challenge by Postmedia and other media companies — as well as McArthur’s guilty pleas to eight counts of first-degree murder in January — led Ontario judge Cathy Mocha to release new portions that can now be revealed.
upload_2022-1-29_15-27-9.jpeg

A missing person poster for Andrew Kinsman near Church St. and Wellesley St. E in Toronto on December 3, 2017.

Much of the material deals with police failures to find the missing men or evidence of their murders in an aborted early investigation and then details the growing evidence against McArthur in a second probe, including information on what he did to his victims.
Andrew Kinsman was fascinated by serial killers before he became Bruce McArthur’s 8th victim | National Post

A friend of Andrew Kinsman, who was murdered by Toronto serial killer Bruce McArthur, says a police apology isn't adequate after a report outlined "systemic discrimination" in how the investigation was handled.

"I think that the apology that the Toronto police are willing to give isn't enough for these families, it doesn't repair the damage that's already been done," said Nicole Borthwick.

"The report is another layer of healing that they have to go through. And it's not going to end, the grief will be a lifelong kind of grief," she told The Current's Matt Galloway.

Released Tuesday, the independent review by former judge Gloria Epstein looked at several missing person cases and how they were handled by Toronto police. The review was ordered in the summer of 2018, and later expanded to include McArthur's murder of eight men with ties to Toronto's gay village, most of them men of colour.
https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent...end-of-man-killed-by-bruce-mcarthur-1.5987585

Oct 14 2023 Codi Wilson rbbm
''For the first time in years, Hank Indsinga isn’t getting phone calls and text messages in the middle of the night informing him of yet another murder in the city.

“My alarm is not going off at 4:15 in the morning,” the outgoing commander of the Toronto Police Service’s homicide unit, told CP24.com this week.

The homicide inspector, who joined the police service 34 years ago, will officially retire at the end of this year. His retirement, for all intents and purposes, began a few weeks ago when he took a leave of absence and handed over the reins to Sgt. Terry Browne, the new acting unit commander.

“It’s difficult walking away,” Idsinga said. “It is a lifestyle change for me and for my family as well.”

''Idsinga said the McArthur investigation was a "career-defining" case.
hank-idsinga-1-6601164-1697245644444.jpg
FILE - Det-Sgt Hank Idsinga is seen walking back to a Police Command Vehicle after briefing the media at a Toronto property where alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur worked, Thursday, February 8, 2018. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Chris Young

“One of the more touching emails I got when it became publicly known that I was retiring was from one of the friends of Andrew Kinsman, who was McArthur’s last victim, basically thanking me and thanking the investigative team for all of the work that they had done,” he said.

“You do that (work) on behalf of the victims, you do that on behalf of the city… There is very little personal gratification that comes of it.”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back