Angela Lansbury, screen and Broadway icon, has died at 96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've loved her in everything I've seen her in.
For me it started with Murder She Wrote. I have all the episodes and watch them all again, every 2 or 3 years.

I'd watch them again sooner but I try to wait til I hope I can forget the plots and who dunnit.

One of the last movies I saw her in was The Love She Sought, which was a Telemovie.
It was from 1990, but it was one I discovered much later. A lovely movie. Just checked and it is on Youtube.

Rest in Peace, Angela

Last edited:

Mame - Bosom Buddies - Angela Lansbury and Bea Arthur - Tony Awards 1987​

IMG_3118.jpg.jpg

May Dame Angela Lansbury Rest In Peace

I’m so sad that Dame Angela Lansbury has passed away, she was an extremely talented actress and singer in movies, television and on the stage during her career. I have so many fond memories of watching Murder, She Wrote with my late Nana when I was younger. Over the festive period I plan to watch the movies Dame Angela did early in her career which some of you have kindly posted clips of in your own lovely tributes to Dame Angela. One of Dame Angela’s best friends was the late Bea Arthur and I love the performance I found on YouTube earlier this year they did singing Bosom Buddies from Mame at the Tony Awards in 1987.

Oh that would be great. I love it when TCM has a movie you haven't seen and someone now-famous unexpectedly pops up in a minor role.

Lansbury is in several fun westerns and mysteries. Those are fun and its great to pick her out.

But of course, Gaslight, Picture of Dorian Grey, and Manchurian Candidate are always worth watching again.

She is just electrifying and terrifying in Manchurian Candidate. Her performance is unforgettable and she deserved the Oscar in 1963 for Best Actress, but she was nominated for Best Supporting Actress. 1963 a tough year for female Oscars.
Anne Bancroft won Best Actress for Miracle Worker and Patty Duke won Best Supporting Actor for same film, playing Helen Keller. Truly an impressive effort for both, but I think Lansbury creates a character with a finesse that exceeds the acting of the two in Miracle Worker.

I keep checking TCM site for news about an Angela Lansbury tribute but there is nothing so far. My TCM mid-month newsletter arrives tomorrow, so maybe there will be something about it in the email.

Attachments

• D7B98228-9C53-46DA-88BF-B677EA0D6AA6.png
    D7B98228-9C53-46DA-88BF-B677EA0D6AA6.png
    507.7 KB · Views: 7
Thank you for sharing this. Still nothing on TCM site, and AL wasn't mentioned in the mid-month email newsletter. The newsletters generally focus on movies and content by the month, so I'm guessing that the Angela Lansbury tribute will be a focus of next month's mailings. I've already marked my calendar :)

Attachments

• CE5ECE5A-0C3A-4F53-B834-878C496733DF.jpeg
    CE5ECE5A-0C3A-4F53-B834-878C496733DF.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 0
this was beautiful. cried at the end.

So Jessica Fletcher AND Sheriff Metzger both die within 10 days of each other? Hmmmm.

Sounds like a “Murder she wrote”, Cabot Cove had the highest murder rate at one time. That’s a joke.

I always thought that she didn’t get the recognition as the beautiful woman that she was.

RIP Jessica.

Today (Monday) on Turner Classic Movies: TCM Remembers Angela Lansbury.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back