Anita Rose, 57, walking her dog, police investigating suspected murder, Brantham, Suffolk, 24th July 2024'

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's odd that her jacket is missing. That would be a bright colour with a high chance of attracting attention, if her attacker took it. I wonder if she removed it herself after a long walk and becoming warm after a few miles, perhaps tying it around her waist. But that still doesn't answer why it is missing, unless it was taken because it had DNA on it. That would suggest a criminal mindset, hypothetically.

It's odd that her jacket is missing. That would be a bright colour with a high chance of attracting attention, if her attacker took it. I wonder if she removed it herself after a long walk and becoming warm after a few miles, perhaps tying it around her waist. But that still doesn't answer why it is missing, unless it was taken because it had DNA on it. That would suggest a criminal mindset, hypothetically.

Also odd that there seems to have been only vague detail about the brand, in contrast to Nicola Bulley case for example.

Maybe it was new, so there were no other pictures of her wearing it? It does look quite distinctive/unusual with the double white zipped pockets. Makes me wonder if it might not be a Regatta, but maybe an expensive brand, so stolen for that reason?

Last edited:
[...]

On Wednesday, July 31, a week after the initial investigation was launched, a man aged his 20s was arrested on suspicion of murder.

The man, who is also from Brantham, was taken to Martlesham police station and police were granted extra hours for questioning.

He has since been released on bail until Thursday, October 24, with conditions including not to enter Brantham and Manningtree.

[...]

Brantham murder suspect released on bail

I wonder if there were two events. One resulting in her murder, and then another, stealing from the scene. Opportunistic, both.

Breaks my heart that yet another woman just wanted to go for a walk/jog/run and make it home.

Tugs at my heart that her faithful pup stayed with her (or returned quickly to her).

JMO

[...]

On Wednesday, July 31, a week after the initial investigation was launched, a man aged his 20s was arrested on suspicion of murder.

The man, who is also from Brantham, was taken to Martlesham police station and police were granted extra hours for questioning.

He has since been released on bail until Thursday, October 24, with conditions including not to enter Brantham and Manningtree.

[...]

Brantham murder suspect released on bail
Interesting that it is stated he is from Brantham but has been instructed not to enter there. It sounds as if he does not have a permanent home there.

Article from Tuesday:

On Tuesday, detectives said a cause of death had not been established by the post-mortem examination, and further tests would be carried out.

"The major investigation team continue to investigate this as a murder," a spokesman added.

https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/202...death-not-clear-after-post-mortem-examination

I'm wondering if having to wait for the further test results is behind the bail decision.

In addition to the appeal to train passengers, I think most trains have CCTV on them now don't they? Just thinking about the bus CCTV footage that was so useful in helping to nail Couzens.
I am not sure if train cctv would capture that much outside of the carriage.

I am not sure if train cctv would capture that much outside of the carriage.

I was thinking more of outward facing cameras, but they are probably mainly focussed on the tracks.

It seems risky to attack a woman walking a dog. An assailant risks the dog attacking the assailant, in protecting its human. Maybe she walks her dog off-leash and her dog was not within sight when attacked?

Do they know for sure Anita didn’t just fall and hit her head on the tracks on her own? Why is determining cause of death not determinable at this point?

It seems risky to attack a woman walking a dog. An assailant risks the dog attacking the assailant, in protecting its human. Maybe she walks her dog off-leash and her dog was not within sight when attacked?

Do they know for sure Anita didn’t just fall and hit her head on the tracks on her own? Why is determining cause of death not determinable at this point?

Fainting and hitting a head on the stone can be lethal.
Did she eat breakfast so early in the morning?
I once nearly fainted when I skipped breakfast before going to school.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back