Anita Rose, 57, walking her dog, police investigating suspected murder, Brantham, Suffolk, 24th July 2024'

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh my, I just realized I misunderstood something. I thought I saw she was found on the “track”, so my mind went to train tracks, since there are train tracks in the area.

I’ve reread some articles and they say “on a track near a railway line”, or “track road close to a railway”, “track off Rectory Lane”.

Now, I believe I understand it to mean she was found on what I might call a trail, which happens to be near the train tracks.

(I’m in the US, so please excuse my perhaps American English confusion.)

The picture in this article gives an idea - looks more like a narrow concreted road. But yes, directly at the side of the railway track.

Floral tributes left at scene where dog walker was attacked in village

The picture in this article gives an idea - looks more like a narrow concreted road. But yes, directly at the side of the railway track.

Floral tributes left at scene where dog walker was attacked in village
Thanks for that picture ,I had not realised how close to the railway line it is.

If she walked that route every day at the same time it is possible a train passenger could have seen her and planned an attack ,though at the moment I am thinking it was an opportunistic attack by a person/s she met on her walk ,possibly hitting her from behind .

Thanks for that picture ,I had not realised how close to the railway line it is.

If she walked that route every day at the same time it is possible a train passenger could have seen her and planned an attack ,though at the moment I am thinking it was an opportunistic attack by a person/s she met on her walk ,possibly hitting her from behind .

That's something I hadn't thought of - the cctv in the train possibly useful there?

I've been assuming someone on foot but it could also have been someone in a vehicle. The road's not covered on google street view but it does look driveable, for access to the sewage treatment works and what looks like an industrial estate. Leads to the A137 at a couple of places.

What were all these people doing outside so early to commit a crime? Doesn't make sense to me.
Even though I'm an early riser, I don't usually take walks in the early hours because there are people coming down from the night before that I don't want to encounter. Or, people sleeping outdoors who might be waking up and are desperate for a fix so will rob??

I prefer to wait until things are a bit busier, though I would feel comfortable if I had a dog with me, tbh.

Idk.

jmo

Even though I'm an early riser, I don't usually take walks in the early hours because there are people coming down from the night before that I don't want to encounter. Or, people sleeping outdoors who might be waking up and are desperate for a fix so will rob??

I prefer to wait until things are a bit busier, though I would feel comfortable if I had a dog with me, tbh.

Idk.

jmo

Your words are really good advice

Idk.

jmo

Yes.
A dog and a fellow walker.
Never alone :(

I need to have others in sight.

1722779076265.png

Her beloved springer spaniel Bruce
'heroically stayed with her and alerted passers by'

Oh look at Bruce - I have a cocker spaniel and I would like to hope he would help in a situation but who knows.
I’m going out now for a walk again with just one airpod, it makes me so angry I can’t just relax and I’m always looking behind me in the quieter spots.
It seems so unfair but fear is pre programmed into me sadly.

I wonder if the first 2 people arrested are connected to the 20year old
Moo

I do 5 miles in 90 mins but I walk quite fast generally.
Tonight I walked with just one AirPod in, I am spooked sadly.

Hello fellow walker, please do always find a way to maintain situational awareness. I use one Airpod or Transparency mode or open ear headphones. We need to hear ambient noises to keep ourselves and our walking companions safe.

IMO JMO ETC

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abi
Back