Anita Rose, 57, walking her dog, police investigating suspected murder, Brantham, Suffolk, 24th July 2024'

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OMG, another case with misinformation spread (and believed) on purpose?! This is way out of hand and makes LE's job so much harder (not to mention it's cruel to many communities, including the victim families who often feel compelled to speak against the misinformation when their energy should be focused on their own grief).

Grrrr......

jmo

It's a very big problem. Almost every case like this now you will get far-right groups on social media immediately accusing immigrants just to stir up hate. People lap it up too. It's disgusting.

It's a very big problem. Almost every case like this now you will get far-right groups on social media immediately accusing immigrants just to stir up hate. People lap it up too. It's disgusting.
Yes, the eagerness to believe hateful lies bothers me way more than the people trying to incite in the first place. The lies wouldn't spread if people recognized them and refused to be part of it.

jmo

Yes, the eagerness to believe hateful lies bothers me way more than the people trying to incite in the first place. The lies wouldn't spread if people recognized them and refused to be part of it.

jmo

Agree -- it's an appalling and wholly cynical strategy on the part of hate groups. And seemingly takes only a few posts and clicks until the fire is well lit.

"Police have issued a fresh appeal
for witnesses two weeks on from the suspected murder of a woman in Brantham.

'We are particularly interested in hearing about anyone seen in the areas
between Newmill Lane and Rectory Lane,
near the railway line and the sewage treatment plant,
between 6am and 6.30am.

If you have information –
no matter how insignificant this may seem –
we want to hear from you.

It could be critical in pursuing and opening up new lines of enquiries'."

Last edited:
I wonder if it was an intended SA by a lone individual, thwarted and interrupted, followed by a pair of opportunists who helped themselves to a couple of items. Which would be especially awful because they could have, instead, attempted to render aid...

Heart goes out to her family.

JMO

I wonder if it was an intended SA by a lone individual, thwarted and interrupted, followed by a pair of opportunists who helped themselves to a couple of items. Which would be especially awful because they could have, instead, attempted to render aid...

Heart goes out to her family.

JMO

But...
Isn't it strange that all this happened at ungodly hour in the morning? :oops:

And off the beaten track?

PS
Were all these people hurrying to the train station going to work? :rolleyes:

JMO

Last edited:
Two cordons that had been put in place in the Newmill Lane area on Sunday, August 3 were lifted in the afternoon of Aug 8.

Bringing forth this map again, showing the route Anita walked her dog before she was attacked, just to get a good visual.

Article says:
“Anita’s final movements on July 24 would have followed one of her usual dog walking routes; starting around 5am at Palfrey Heights, where she turned onto a track road off Brooklands Rise which she followed to Rectory Lane, before turning onto The Chase and the A137 Ipswich Road. From there she would have turned onto Newmill Lane, reaching the river before turning back and retracing her steps up to Ipswich Road.“

IMG_0430.jpeg
A good visual, yet I still don’t get something. It says after turning on Newmill Lane and reaching the river, she turned back and retraced her steps. The streets aren’t labeled on the map, so maybe that’s why I’m having trouble understanding? Because, I think Newmill Lane is the long vertical line on the right side of the map. So why does it say she turned back to retrace her steps, which it doesn’t look like it, to me? How was it she was on Rectory Lane where her body was, then? I don’t know if I’m explaining my confusion well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt
Back