Anita Rose, 57, walking her dog, police investigating suspected murder, Brantham, Suffolk, 24th July 2024'

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just cannot see this being a phone theft originally dotta but who knows ?
It looks like an old (ish) iphone to me as it doesn’t seem that big from the photos but that may be how it’s been photographed.
The only thing I can think is maybe it was a robbery that went horribly wrong, Anita was REALLY in the wrong place at the wrong time, he or they tried to steal her phone and there was a struggle and she fell tragically.
Jmo … such a strange sad case.

I just cannot see this being a phone theft originally dotta but who knows ?
It looks like an old (ish) iphone to me as it doesn’t seem that big from the photos but that may be how it’s been photographed.
The only thing I can think is maybe it was a robbery that went horribly wrong, Anita was REALLY in the wrong place at the wrong time, he or they tried to steal her phone and there was a struggle and she fell tragically.
Jmo … such a strange sad case.

She might have taken a photo of something involving the alleged perps with her phone.

Or
She saw something and wanted to call Police.

Who knows?

It seems Police have no strong evidence against them.
Are they on bail till October?
Hmmm...

JMO

Last edited:
It seems risky to attack a woman walking a dog. An assailant risks the dog attacking the assailant, in protecting its human. Maybe she walks her dog off-leash and her dog was not within sight when attacked?

Do they know for sure Anita didn’t just fall and hit her head on the tracks on her own? Why is determining cause of death not determinable at this point?
Hi, I'm new here. I've just been reading up a bit here. What happened to the dog? Was it found? Was the dog people friendly?

I ask because uf she had a dog with her, could it be that the person was known to her, otherwise a dog might bark or even attack.

I'm just writting what I'm think as a read a bit. Sorry if these questions have already been asked and answered.

I was thinking about what evidence the police must know, to be able to say that Anita was attacked, and not fallen on her own.

She was said to have suffered face and head injuries. Did she have injuries to the back of her head that look like she was hit from behind then fell on her face? The police have never mentioned looking for a weapon / blunt instrument that might have been used, though.

Or, like Dotta’s linked article, was the attack by someone on an e-bike, where maybe she didn’t let go of her phone, at first, and was dragged? Or, hit and knocked down by the bike?

Just thoughts, moo. This is going on so long without arrests.

Hi, I'm new here. I've just been reading up a bit here. What happened to the dog? Was it found? Was the dog people friendly?

I ask because uf she had a dog with her, could it be that the person was known to her, otherwise a dog might bark or even attack.

I'm just writting what I'm think as a read a bit. Sorry if these questions have already been asked and answered.
I don't know about the dog, but just wanted to say Welcome to Websleuths!

Anita’s dog was found unharmed, and staying by Anita. A cyclist passing by is who found Anita unconscious and injured on the path.

No mention of the dog’s behavior.

To me, in the photos of Anita in her pink jacket prior to being attacked, it looks like she is walking her dog without a lead, but I can’t be sure. But if without, it could suggest Bruce (her springer spaniel dog) was friendly.

MOO

(Edited for typo)

Last edited:
I’m not a dog owner but I think all I know would carry a lead for an emergency situation? Fight with another dog looming that sort of thing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz
Back