Another Sawgrass

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick question. I've heard the defense spout how they have evidence to exonerate Casey and that she is innocent.

My question is if they had evidence that would exonerate....why on earth would Casey sit in prison all this time and keep said evidence a big secret. What purpose would some shocking movie like moment in trial have.

The only purpose I could even begin to come up with would be for publicity, or wasting tax payers dollars in hopes of a lucrative book/movie deal. (Which in today's economy would be a good call on the defenses part :crazy: )

In all seriousness if there was some evidence out there that completely exonerated Casey. I can say for certain it wouldn't be kept a secret. Casey and JB would have been shouting from the highest peaks.

I think LKB is using nothing more then smoke and mirrors, and playing on the adage of innocent until proven guilty. Not that Casey is actually innocent, but is deemed as such until proven otherwise in court. It just sounds better the way the defense words it....and seems more mysterious. OOoooooOOoo

That and lets face it the Sam Sheppard case is a pretty famous case about the innocent being proven guilty and the defense is just trying to (not taint), nudge ("nudge" yeah that's the ticket) the potential jury pool I think. :rolleyes:

Strategically AND legally, there could be good reasons for not exposing evidence that will clear Casey until just before the trial. It would have to have to do with the circumstances in which Caylee died. I'm not saying this evidence or these circumstances exist, I have no idea of the defense case. But I can think of many different reasons why it would be better to go ahead to trial than attempt to get Casey off the hook now. I don't think the defense not approaching the prosecution with proof of her innocence right now is proof of her guilt at all. The absence of information is just that; an absence of information. We're going to have to wait for trial to find out what is going on.

I thought exculpatory evidence had to be presented to the opposing counsel in a "timely manner". If that is in fact the case, what does a "timely manner" mean, anyway?

Strategically AND legally, there could be good reasons for not exposing evidence that will clear Casey until just before the trial. It would have to have to do with the circumstances in which Caylee died. I'm not saying this evidence or these circumstances exist, I have no idea of the defense case. But I can think of many different reasons why it would be better to go ahead to trial than attempt to get Casey off the hook now. I don't think the defense not approaching the prosecution with proof of her innocence right now is proof of her guilt at all. The absence of information is just that; an absence of information. We're going to have to wait for trial to find out what is going on.
Exonerate means exonerate, honey. It means that he has enough to clear her, completely.

That's what he SAID. That means if he went to LE now, and told his tale, she would walk.

So... what's stopping him?

There are a ton of other areas in and around Orlando that have some form of connection to the word Sawgrass:

The Sawgrass Marriott Golf and Resort
Sawgrass Townhome @ Stoneybrook
Sawgrass-Beazer Homes
Sawgrass Mills, Orlando
Sawgrass Point, Orlando
Sawgrass Village Orlando
Sawgrass Pointe Real Estate
Sawgrass Bay, Orlando

and on and on...
And, I'd say there are probably many O's living there. The difference is KC didn't give LE an address for ZG anywhere but the Sawgrass she took them to!
MHO
:ashamed0005:
Oh boy, I feel like I just got popped on the knuckles with a ruler!:eek:uch:
Sorry Patty G :bow: I promise it was purely accidental! Was thinking of the name I'd read on a previous post when I wrote mine!

That is only your opinion. Sam Shepard was arrested for a murder he didn't commit because of his proximity and relationship to the victim. I believe that is what Linda Baden was describing about Casey. It also may be that her team has disproved the forensics - we have no way of knowing what her team uncovered until the trial.

This is just my opinion, but I would rather have complete data and make a well reasoned judgement with that data than be quick to judge based on the information of one side only, in any situation. I know what the prosecutions case looks like, but we know almost zero about the defense case other than the few tidbits they have given us. It has been my experience in following true crime cases that there can be surprises and things are not always what they seem.

(Above respectfully BBM)

We will know before the trial what, if any, evidence the defense has discovered. The Defense is required by law to release any evidence they plan to use to the Prosecution. When it is released it will be made public because of FL's version of the Sunshine Laws. If the defense holds back evidence until the trial it will be inadmissable, they will not be allowed to present it.

Just like the Prosecution, the Defense is required by law to turn over evidence to the other side in a timely manner. I realize there may be evidence we have not yet seen, for whatever reason (ongoing investigation), but we will have to see it before the trial in order for it to be presented during the trial.

Thread is "Another Sawgrass". Let try and not mix in valuable information in this thread ONLY to be lost in here when it would serve better purpose in the appropriate threads.

Are there any pings close to "another Sawgrass" after Cindy saw Caylee alive and headed for bed on June 15 and before KC met up with Tony at Tony's apartment on June 16?

Are there any pings close to "another Sawgrass" after Cindy saw Caylee alive and headed for bed on June 15 and before KC met up with Tony at Tony's apartment on June 16?
ces.

IIRC, no.

BTW-- What do other Sawgrasses (there are a number of them) have to do with the crime?

The Southern edge of the Boggy Creek Swamp is .6 miles from Samantha O's address, as the crow flies. This is the same area that had been searched, witnesses placed Casey in this area on certain dates, cell pings off tower at airport and some in the area I have been discussing.
I still say that prior to 6/15, Casey faked having a job for more than a year. Who besides Cindy, Casey, & Holly took care of Caylee? I know Caylee's where-abouts from 06/08 have been accounted for, but what about the time prior to that?

The Southern edge of the Boggy Creek Swamp is .6 miles from Samantha O's address, as the crow flies. This is the same area that had been searched, witnesses placed Casey in this area on certain dates, cell pings off tower at airport and some in the area I have been discussing.
I still say that prior to 6/15, Casey faked having a job for more than a year. Who besides Cindy, Casey, & Holly took care of Caylee? I know Caylee's where-abouts from 06/08 have been accounted for, but what about the time prior to that?

BBM

The Grunds, and Lauren also babysat.

What does Boggy Creek Swamp and Samantha O have to do with the murder? I'm not following.

KC didn't have a job and didn't need anyone to watch Caylee.She made up the nanny and she made up the nanny's sisters,children and roommates.
She watched Caylee .

Help me out here, but what has this got to do with "Another Sawgrass".

Exonerate means exonerate, honey. It means that he has enough to clear her, completely.

That's what he SAID. That means if he went to LE now, and told his tale, she would walk.

Anyone with good knowledge of attorneys, business and legal proceedings should be able to figure out exactly why an attorney would wait for trial to exonerate his client. I don't know if Baez has the proof to exonerate Casey or not, but I do know that if he does have that proof, he would be a fool NOT to wait until the trial to present it because successfully exonerating Casey at trial would be a career making move. So, if he really has the information to exonerate Casey, that is what is stopping him from going to LE and exonerating her now. Being a defense attorney is a business and Baez should want to do what is best for his business and, if he can exonerate Casey, what is best for his business would be waiting until the trial.

Anyone with good knowledge of attorneys, business and legal proceedings should be able to figure out exactly why an attorney would wait for trial to exonerate his client. I don't know if Baez has the proof to exonerate Casey or not, but I do know that if he does have that proof, he would be a fool NOT to wait until the trial to present it because successfully exonerating Casey at trial would be a career making move. So, if he really has the information to exonerate Casey, that is what is stopping him from going to LE and exonerating her now. Being a defense attorney is a business and Baez should want to do what is best for his business and, if he can exonerate Casey, what is best for his business would be waiting until the trial.

If he could exonerate her now and is waiting for trial because he wants to bolster his career, that would be unethical and malpractice.

What, again, does any of this have to do with the many places in the Orlando area having the name "Sawgrass"??

I have no legal background, and may not be the sharpest tack in the box but wouldn't it be CRIMINAL of JB to have knowledge of someone other than Casey committing this crime and NOT reporting it ASAP? Legal eagles, please weigh in.

If he could exonerate her now and is waiting for trial because he wants to bolster his career, that would be unethical and malpractice.

What, again, does any of this have to do with the many places in the Orlando area having the name "Sawgrass"??

Thank you AZlawyer. You read my mind.

I would not hire an attorney to represent me only to further their career. I believe this type of action could easily be justification to generate a complaint to the bar.

I have no idea about the many places named Sawgrass - I was responding to Brini's comment. AZLawyer, you know as well as I do that there are both good and bad attorneys. There are those who are ethical and those who are going to manipulate and milk a situation for all it's worth. It happens all the time and attorneys get away with it all the time.

I have no legal background, and may not be the sharpest tack in the box but wouldn't it be CRIMINAL of JB to have knowledge of someone other than Casey committing this crime and NOT reporting it ASAP? Legal eagles, please weigh in.

The answer to that is it depends on why he is not reporting it. There could be a very valid reason that can only be heard in a courtroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela