Anthony Bourdain, 61, Tv Chef And Travel Host, Found Dead, Suicide

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A year after his death, Anthony Bourdain's friends share big plans to honor his legacy

The celebrity chefs created #BourdainDay to honor their friend's lasting legacy with devoted fans.

June 25 marks what would have been Anthony Bourdain's 63rd birthday. To celebrate, those who knew him best are asking anyone who was inspired by the iconic chef to share their favorite memories as part of a global tribute to his legacy.

On Thursday, Bourdain's close friends and fellow chefs José Andrés and Eric Ripert announced the first #BourdainDay — a celebration honoring the "Parts Unknown" host...

Celebrity chefs to remember Anthony Bourdain with ‘Bourdain Day’ on June 25

ecf86dd5-4aa1-48a7-b749-28bcb644d891_750x422.jpg

As the birthday of the late chef Anthony Bourdain approaches later this month, friends and fellow celebrity chefs Eric Ripert and Jose Andres proposed an official day in his honor.

The duo posted a video on Instagram urging everyone to celebrate the late chef’s birthday on June 25 with the hashtag #BOURDAINDAY.

“On this day we will celebrate the Life, Legacy & Birthday of our Dear Friend Anthony. Wherever you are & whoever you’re with, on 06/25 join @chefjoseandres & I by taking a moment to post & share your tributes & memories of Anthony using #BourdainDay & wish him Peace, Love and a very Happy Birthday on his journey,” the post read.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/bourdain-birthday-bourdain-day/index.html

http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F181009173357-03-anthony-bourdain-chance-meeting.jpg

Although the anniversary of Bourdain's death is June 8, the celebratory day is what would be Bourdain's birthday. Andrés and Ripert made the declaration this morning via a Twitter video in which Ripert declared June a "very important month."

Indeed, there is much to celebrate at this time, in spite of Bourdain no longer being with us. On Tuesday, CNN's 'Anthony Bourdain Remembered,' a collection of images and quotes celebrating the life and memory of Bourdain, went on sale, and on June 25, fans and friends are encouraged to share more of their beloved memories using the hashtag #BourdainDay.

The hashtag began trending shortly after Andrés and Ripert's initial announcement, but it's likely to go viral on June 25 when fans all over the world begin celebrating the inimitable Tony Bourdain.

The late Anthony Bourdain's family will be auctioning off some of the TV chef's prized possessions in October, including a US$6000 (AU$8750) knife, 15 months after his death.

Sixty per cent of the proceeds will go to his daughter Ariane and wife Ottavia Busia-Bourdain (they were separated some time before his passing, during which Bourdain famously dated Italian actress Asia Argento).
The remaining proceeds will be funnelled into a new scholarship program at the Culinary Institute of America set up in the TV travel presenter's name that, fittingly, allows grant recipients to study abroad.

Auctioneer Lark Mason (Antiques Roadshow) has estimated the market value of the combined items lies somewhere between US$200,000 (AU$293,000) and US$400,000 (AU$585,000).
Anthony Bourdain's possessions to be auctioned, including $8700 knife

Russell Crowe donates to damaged Beirut restaurant

Actor Russell Crowe has donated to a fundraiser to help rebuild an iconic restaurant damaged in Beirut's devastating explosion.

The Oscar-winning actor confirmed he made the donation in memory of late chef Anthony Bourdain, who featured Le Chef in one of his documentaries.

a bit more at the link....

Last night I was looking at his cook books. Does anyone here have any of them? If so, which ones, what would you suggest.

It is strange, but Tony is someone I feel very attached to, he was such a presence. RIP.

Hi Trident!
I have not cooked any of Mr. Bourdain's recipes.
I enjoyed reading about his career in food, most especially his travels. The respect and appreciation for other cultures and traditions make him irreplaceable to me, as well as the world.
He was so sexy!

Right now there is a show with Gordon Ramsay - UNCHARTED - that is an immersive experience in the preparation of indigenous cuisines around the world. Ramsay reminds me of the joy A.B. had in sharing the world through food.

Last night I was looking at his cook books. Does anyone here have any of them? If so, which ones, what would you suggest.

It is strange, but Tony is someone I feel very attached to, he was such a presence. RIP.

I purchased "Appetites: A Cookbook" a couple of years ago specifically for the chapter on Thanksgiving which is great!

I purchased the ebook or Kindle edition so unfortunately, I'm not as familiar with this book as I would be if it was sitting on my bookshelf.

Shortly after AB's passing, I ordered Appetites from B & N. I love cookbooks and have an extensive collection. When it arrived, I immediately read Appetites from cover-to-cover. The recipes are good, but what I like most about the book (actually, most cookbooks) are the anecdotes and stories about the recipes. Anthony Bourdain always had a magical way of transporting us with his food travels and destinations, making his audience feel that they were sitting with him at the table wherever he went. There are amusing and entertaining tales behind every recipe in Appetites. It's way more than a cookbook that could only have been written by brilliant Bourdain :)

Last edited:
Dear Mr. Anthony Bourdain, Tony...

Thinking about you and missing you terribly. ❤️

eta: It is so wonderful to see that your shows are available via various web based platforms. I personally haven’t been able to watch one since you passed. Maybe one day.

Last edited:
Shortly after AB's passing, I ordered Appetites from B & N. I love cookbooks and have an extensive collection. When it arrived, I immediately read Appetites from cover-to-cover. The recipes are good, but what I like most about the book (actually, most cookbooks) are the anecdotes and stories about the recipes. Anthony Bourdain always had a magical way of transporting us with his food travels and destinations, making his audience feel that they were sitting with him at the table wherever he went. There are amusing and entertaining tales behind every recipe in Appetites. It's way more than a cookbook that could only have been written by brilliant Bourdain :)
I ordered it and received it just a couple of days before he died. I haven’t been able to even open it.

Chiming in with others here - I cannot bring myself to watch No Reservations since he passed, even still. The man was art made real; I still mourn his loss with a depth that surprises me.

Though I have given up my habit of using pre-minced garlic from a can and just chopping fresh, thanks to him. :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleepingpillsstore
Back