Anthony Family Inconsistencies #3 Obstruction charges? perjury? Mistrial?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They did not lie under oath yet. But they have lied. They can still come clean on some of it.
HOWEVER: they did temper with evidence they did clean that car and wash pants and whatever else was in that trunk. NOW you can not back paddle of=n tempering with evidence;

So while they can back paddle a little there are things that can not be back paddled, and everything is recorded.

I am afraid George will sit a while too :( in hotel stay a while that is.
I hope the jury will take pity on him and let him go.
these are parents and grandparents that were faced with horror, I have no clue how I would have handled something like this, I only know that as a parent I would do what I can to help my child and not throw her under a bus.

JMHO

Anything they said in the media CAN be used in court!

At trial what will happen will be the prosecutor will call GA to the stand - and will say: Mr. A, please tell the court what happened July 15th, when LE came to your house... and GA will tell his story, and if it doesn't line up with what he told LE (on tape), what LE testifys to, or GAs grand jury testimony, the prosecutor can say Mr. A, according to your xyz testimony, you believed there was a dead body in the car - see state exhibit 378, please read line 10. Or whatever.

The state can't exactly say YOU ARE LYING, but if evidence is introduced from earlier, the jury will hear it. So the confusion between the 9th and the 15th (date) probably won't be a problem b/c GA and CA both said to LE after "we're sorry we were getting our dates mixed up, etc" showing they really only failed in their "recollection" not an intentional lie.

Also the witnesses have to answer questions - unless they plead the 5th and refuse to answer.

Prosecutors as t.v. consultants have said their preference would be to use only the police tape of Cindy's 911 call and not put her in the dock. Her credibility is in ribbons. There seemed to be no hesitancy about the use of Geo. as a witness but his GJ testimony was secret and this time, he knows his wife's ears will be pricked. I don't think it is merely her wrath that contorts his comments in public and in interviews, he seemed genuine in his fears for her mental well being. Misguided but genuine.

When CA gave sworn statements, as she was asked to take the oath, she really balked and objected that this was a first and she didn't realize and so on and so forth. It was obvious that she doubted her own answers during OCSO interviews. It really wasn't too late. She should have admitted to being less than honest and reviewed what answers she had given. Better than perjury. But how absurd, naive and misbegotten! What did she think she was gaining by lying?

Some have said this family lived in suffocating isolation. Could that be why CA and GA and KC have such a low opinion of other people's perception, memory and faculties in general? Just because you all hold still while the banana oil is poured in your ears, doesn't mean it is acceptable.

Furthermore, if my daughter killed her precious child, I would not support her. Bank robbery, arson, pillage and vandalism, okay but not murdering your daughter. Sorry!
We are all different and I don't recommend my attitude or advocate it in any way. I simply feel no call to loyalty for an act so heinous, & I'm talking from my heart not my head.

I guess we now know why the A's hired their new attorney.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18271333/detail.html

(snip)
George and Cindy Anthony returned to their home to sit down with their attorney Sunday afternoon.

After spending a couple of hours with George and Cindy, attorney Brad Conway left saying he has a lot of work to do to make sure prosecutors and the public know his clients have done nothing wrong.

They did not lie under oath yet. But they have lied. They can still come clean on some of it.
HOWEVER: they did temper with evidence they did clean that car and wash pants and whatever else was in that trunk. NOW you can not back paddle of=n tempering with evidence;

So while they can back paddle a little there are things that can not be back paddled, and everything is recorded.

I am afraid George will sit a while too :( in hotel stay a while that is.
I hope the jury will take pity on him and let him go.
these are parents and grandparents that were faced with horror, I have no clue how I would have handled something like this, I only know that as a parent I would do what I can to help my child and not throw her under a bus.

JMHO

What about CA's lies during the bond hearing?

What about threatening Yuri to not cooperate if he interviews Cindy's dad/mom or goes to nursing home?

And - (sorry I've not read thread)..... George (and Cindy?) telling Mark Fuhrman about the pool box being moved, and other specific info about the pool and other things that weren't relayed to LE during interview.

My first thought while watching the video of the forensic team removing items from the home this week was that not only were they looking for evidence to bolster murder charges, but to find evidence against GA and CA.
The 4 vacuum cleaners especially caught my attention. Maybe they could find biological material lodged in the filters or hoses which could imply that the trunk of the Pontiac was vacuumed on the 15th. Maybe carpet fibers or other evidence from the car are still in those cleaners.
The opaque plastic bin contaning papers which might even include CA's notes which could prove to be incriminating. The same applies to the computers. Was Cindy really hacked?
Did the spray containers contain solvents?
Also important would be if LE can prove that some type of bedding was missing, and CA failed to report that. (and and can't think for a moment that she wouldn't know)
I can't reasonably state that I know that GA and CA are guilty of anything, but I do think that they had be very careful from now on.

I guess we now know why the A's hired their new attorney.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18271333/detail.html

(snip)
George and Cindy Anthony returned to their home to sit down with their attorney Sunday afternoon.

After spending a couple of hours with George and Cindy, attorney Brad Conway left saying he has a lot of work to do to make sure prosecutors and the public know his clients have done nothing wrong.

I just watched him, Conway, on Orlawndo news. He was stating they are dealing with the probability that it is likely Caylee, and still hope it isn't.

Said they are innocent. Wants us to keep in mind that police can charge anybody...
This was juxtaposed with footage of Cindy clutching Caylee's teddy bear which Cindy brought with her to church tonight. They were wearing the buttons.

I vote Obstruction of Justice, but it's not a poll thread...

A glaring spot in time is the night of June 15. Was there a loud row that got physical or not? The neighbors overheard an uproarious slanging match and LA claims CA put her hands around KC's neck. CA, instead, says she and Caylee had dinner at the mother's in Mt. Dora, came home and enjoyed the pool. KC thought it was too cold for her. Later, Cindy tucked KC and Caylee into bed. It's hard to believe all of that happened during the evening of June 15. Somebody would be breathing hard.

It's important because it either supports the night spent at home and the goodbyes at 12:50 the next day or makes that suspect. If KC tore out of Hopespring with her daughter, the child had a very bad night with no known place to bed down apart from the trunk. If the two of them stayed at the A's, the harm came later. Since by CA's own admission, the two were nowhere to be found in ensuing weeks, the provocation was most likely what the neighbors overheard and what LA describes of the scene at the house on June 15.
That's what I'm trying to figure out, if she killed her on the night of the 15th or on the 16th...:waitasec:

I'm not clear why were are concerned with the under oath aspect. Are we talking in Court vs Out of Court / sworn in by a clerk in a court vs somebody else somewhere else.

Perjury sure isn't limited to in Court under that oath. Ask Martha:)

So :help:...:blowkiss:
:grandma: :beamup: is missin something.

Hi. I am looking through this thread and it's interesting to see the various inconsistencies spelled out and consider a possible "mistrial" involving Casey's court case. However, I really think a specific thread is needed to address one issue only (a big one): legal and factual grounds for charges against Cindy, George and/or Lee Anthony for possible obstruction, impeding an investigation, etc. Some of the unusual activity (and statements from both LE and the Anthony's attorney) lead me to believe such charges are inevitable. I know there was a thread about obstruction charges previously, but it seems the thread was locked because folks were bickering on it. If we had a new thread, I would include the text of potentially applicable statutes and folks could discuss how they might apply given what we know so far (which is, of course, limited). Just let me know and I'll do so.

Below is the Florida Statue on obstruction of Justice....

Under section 1505, it is a crime for a person who willfully misrepresent, conceal, destroy, alter, or by other means falsify any documentary material, answer to written interrogatories, or oral testimony to placed a hurdle in the investigation. It is also a violation for a person to corruptly, or by threat or force obstruct the proper investigation. A violation can be punished by a fine, imprisonment for not additional than 5 years or, both. If the offense is based upon international or domestic terrorism the punishment can be a fine, imprisonment for not additional than 8 years, or both.

843.01 Resisting officer with violence to his or her person.--Whoever knowingly and willfully resists, obstructs, or opposes any officer as defined in s. 943.10(1), (2), (3), (6), (7), (8), or (9); member of the Parole Commission or any administrative aide or supervisor employed by the commission; parole and probation supervisor; county probation officer; personnel or representative of the Department of Law Enforcement; or other person legally authorized to execute process in the execution of legal process or in the lawful execution of any legal duty, by offering or doing violence to the person of such officer or legally authorized person, is guilty of a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084

Here is my question do you think it is possible that due to the investigation the A's were conducting on there own, that if they had information that they should have turned over to LE but did not that they will be charged before trial and then told that if they do tesify truethfully that the charges will be dropped, but if they lie for KC that they will be held on obstruction & impedeing an investigation as well as purjury?

If they can charge someone with a crime, it may prevent the defendant to profit from a movie or book deal. This to me is a smart move since money might be a strong motivator for these witnesses. I do not think they need the testimony to make the case (especially now). Hopefully, the SAO is thinking game on and will come after them if there is evidence of a crime.

I think that due to the nature and circumstance of this crime, the A's will not be charged. Hindsight is 20/20 and I'm sure they wish they had done things differently from the beginning. However, in the panic and stress of the moments of discovery and the need to believe that Caylee was alive, their actions violated state laws. The case, however, is against the child's killer. I believe that LE will leave the A's alone and focus on the task at hand. The injustices that the A's have to deal with right now are far more daunting than anything a judge could rule on.

I don't think anyone in the family will be charged. It is my view that Casey told them as many lies as she told everyone else involved. I do not think they had any information different than anyone in LE.

I, also, do not think the A's will be charged for obstruction. The SA's office would not want to charge grieving grandparents. Public opinion would probably see it as being cruel.

However, having said that, I do wonder about the finincal investigation into the donated funds. Does that come under federal laws?

It's total exhausting to keep up the many, many stories of the Anthony family. It would take forever to write down all the inconsistencies. I think the Anthony family did obstruct justice. I am very suspicious about the JC Penney bill that Cindy would not let LE look at. I feel that Casey wrapped Caylee in something from their home, and then went to JC Penney to buy a replacement. Cindy knew that and didn't tell. I think that Cindy regrets making the phone call and wishes that she would not have said anything, and then maybe they could have just said for the rest of their lives the Caylee was with the Nanny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MG89