Anthony's admit to Conflicting Statements Seek Full Immunity

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should George and Cindy be granted full immunity in exchange for truth?

• Yes

Votes: 200 26.9%
  • No

Votes: 123 16.5%
  • No and go after them for obstruction of justice!

Votes: 421 56.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
this just kills me. I mean really...the person that paid the price for all of this is poor Caylee... They've covered for the monster thats sitting in jail for months...where was their loyalty to their innocent 2 year old granddaughter and Lee's Niece?? no they should have immunity..this is the price you pay for hiding.:furious:

Are you thinking accessories after the fact?

Making inconsistent statements to LE during the course of an investigation, so as to interfere with that investigation, is covered under the Perjury statutes of Florida :wink:

I chose no immunity and charges under this section of perjury (which wasn't a choice), for the poll...:blowkiss:

I voted no, but don't think they should be prosecuted on the same level as Casey as they aren't accessories to the actual murder.

and I don't think George should be prosecuted on the same level as Cindy and Lee who appear more conniving.

maybe i am just feeling compassionate that they have finally shut up and stopped spewing idiocy?

You bring up a good point - where is LEE iin this immunity deal? Is he also seeking coverage?

<<(you hear Cindy reply, "Casey..." in a pleading tone so full of exhausted exasperation.)>>

And Casey replies back "mom" in a condescending tone. I'm glad you mentioned this. I've been thinking about that ever since I saw it on NG. To me that just says it all. When I heard CA say that and the tone of her voice and then Casey's reply, it just pretty much told me everything.

Me, too.

I think it's likely that George has given crucial information to investigators. I don't much care if he's lied to the media and the public--so long as he's given authorities what is needed to convict his daughter.

I am not sure that Cindy is in an emotional state that promotes anything except scrabbling for comfort whereever she can get it, even in "mis-truth." I think all bets are off when it comes to predicting her behavior. At least for a while.

Her self-protective mode may slowly be turned down as she accepts the truth that is being made clearer by the day. When that occurs, I think we may be surprised to find that Cindy is not the monster she is portrayed as being. I think she's a woman who's worked hard all her life to take care of her family. I think she's done the best she knew how. Now she will learn new ways.

I'm not opposed to immunity for the Anthonys. I believe they have found themselves amid horror that no one could possibly anticipate---and as such, there are no blueprints for appropriate response.

With immunity, they can begin to make amends to the universe for the loss of their Caylee--by telling the truth. I am sure there is a good deal more they know, whether related to the crime itself, or simply useful in terms of providing insight into Casey's mind.

I think it would be a shame to squander that information. And I don't see what purpose would be served by prosecuting them. I'm not convinced they obstructed justice---after all, Cindy's the one who called 911. They have been a thorn in Leonard Padilla's and Tim Miller's sides, but they haven't thrown up any real roadblocks. They've simply run their mouths a lot.

Irking WS isn't prison-worthy, IMO.

I have to say that their new attorney is exactly who they needed. It's a shame they were not receptive to what I have to assume was similar guidance from Mark NeJame. But they were unglued at that time. I see two people pulling themselves together--and I am hopeful it's for the right reasons.

I couldn't agree with you more!!!!

Snipped for length.

They have already made $$ while many spent time and money.
I would like to see thier accounts frozen and the money either returned or given to parties such as equisearch (sp?).
I am floored just floored.

Thank you for reminding me of that, I am going to include that in my email.

I think I am going to look for an email for the prosecution. I don't want to influence what the decision is for the immunity so much as I want to make sure that if they get immunity that they cannot ever profit from the case.

I am going to ask that if immunity is given, that a clause be included that any monies the Anthony's recieve in the future that are due to or related to the Caylee Anthony/Casey Anthony case can only be used for the burial of Caylee Anthony and that any amounts in excess of that be donated to a children's charity.

It would really po me if they got immunity then later I heard that CA was writing a book. And if you recall, there has been mention of that.

my opinion, the money should be donated to TES.....just a thought.

To me i think it has to depend on what exactly they are willing to tell the LE Now..
If it can help convict casey.. then perhaps the Immunity would be ok..
I think even if they werent given the immunity they wouldnt serve any jail time. prolly just probation becuse the court would concider what they are going thru...
I think the immunity deal would also have to insist they take lie detector test.. and share information that the LE doesnt know about..

Bolding mine.

"I" do NOT know they were loving, doting grandparents. I know I've seen pictures, but pictures are seldom taken when someone is screaming or acting bad. I have no personal knowledge of them being loving or doting. Buying things and creating a picture-perfect bedroom does not speak love to me - it says control and obsession, but that's just me.

I also don't know if anything the Anthonys did, said, or may have covered up will dramatically change the course or outcome of this case, but then none of us do. I guess we'll have to wait and see what facts LE brings out. Until then, what do the innocent, grieving grandparents NEED with immunity?

My opinion only

Which is why this thread makes such interesting reading - all the different opinions :) Just another example of why I enjoy this forum so much. We have been discussing this for 10 pages now, we are all passionate about how we feel, our opinions, and yet I have not seen one person 'bash' another poster. Gotta love the people here at WS!

Just got on and haven't read the entire thread. No new and improved A's or attorney here.

They should have wanted to tell the truth when Caylee went missing. They chose to save KC instead.

They should have wanted to tell the truth when Caylee was found dead. They are choosing to save their own butts instead. They are using Caylee as a bargaining chip. They care very little about that baby.

A gun held to my head would not have stopped me from telling the truth and making the person responsible pay for taking my grandchild from me.

Since they are still spewing the lie about the Nanny, they have no plans on telling the truth. I say deny immunity based on that alone.

this is one of many posts I have seen that I agree with. The last line says it all - their lives are destroyed - forever. Nothing, no prison sentence, etc. is going to be any worse than what they are facing now and will live with the rest of their lives. I dont think anyone on WS would deny that from all the pictures we have seen of this family before this happened, G&A were loving, doting grandparents.

People are given immunity all the time for a lot of different reasons, giving George and Cindy immunity here will not wreak havoc on the justice system in the future, either here in Florida or across the nation.

I doubt OCSO will charge them with anything, and I don't think the FBI will either. Why bother, why waste the time and money involved in charging them for anything - I don't think the Anthoys had anything to do with the death of Caylee, or covering up the fact that Casey did it, I don't think they have anything to say that would dramatically change the course of or the outcome of this case. OCSO and FBI knew exactly what they were dealing with when they dealt with the Anthonys.

What you two said....ITA.

This family has been totally destroyed....by Casey. I believe LE knows this and they really aren't interested in destroying them further.

With that being said, it would be nice if George and Cindy acknowledged the truth about their daughter but I doubt that will happen.

Excuse me for asking this, I voted no immunity. My question is if the A's are charged or not will it make a difference in their testimony during the trial against their daughter? For example, if they are charged would it be easier for them to plead the fifth rather than answer uncomfortable questions that may implicate their daughter in the death of their only grandchild.

I said No, but the only way I would give them full immunity is if they sign something that they will not make any money off this crime. I think this is how thew expect to pay for this dream team. I do not believe however the A's had anything to do with the death of Caylee.

The dream team is not being paid. Income from books, movies, appearances, etc., will line their pockets and they will profit from the murder of their beautiful granddaughter. Each time they reach into their pocket, their hands will be covered in blood money.

ITA that it's too late now. The A's feel trapped, they know they are guilty if for nothing else than lying to LE. Trying to get immunity NOW simply makes them look as guilty as they feel. LE knows what's what, I don't think they need anything from the A's at this point.

Regardless of any empathy I may have for the A's right now (yes, I do have a bit. They lost someone they love, no matter the circumstances), the point is that they consciously made a decision to lie. My mother always told me that there are consequences to everything I do, good or bad. They made their choice, now they have to deal with the fallout.

When people say the A's lost someone they love, I hope y'all realize in A-speak that means Casey and not Caylee.

Conflicting statements....is that the polite way to say they lied??

I've NEVER thought they were grieving grandparents....they are grieving parents because they've lost KC. And their lies couldn't save her.

Excuse me for asking this, I voted no immunity. My question is if the A's are charged or not will it make a difference in their testimony during the trial against their daughter? For example, if they are charged would it be easier for them to plead the fifth rather than answer uncomfortable questions that may implicate their daughter in the death of their only grandchild.

Has this admission of conflicting statements been done publicly by George and Cindy? I do not believe Cindy would ever admit she was wrong or that she had made a mistake, or that she had spoken a "mistruth".
AFAIC, this is the lawyer's statement.

This makes no sense. If all they are worried about is obstruction charges, they should know that they would likely receive nothing more than a slap on the wrist. Esp considering that a persuasive argument could be made that desperate people do desperate (and stupid) things. Including but not limited to trying to keep one's child from being charged in a capital case. Furthermore the atty stating "for the next interview they give to authorities, there will not be any conflicting statements," while asking for "full immunity," as opposed to stating "for the next interview they give to authorities, they will tell the truth." speaks volumes. From where I sit, this is not about avoiding obstruction charges. It is about avoiding something much deeper, much darker. Otherwise put, afaics, granting "full immunity" to these people for a more rehearsed and cohesive lie would be entering into a fool's bargain. Besides, LE has done a fine job untangling this mess, in spite of the plethora of lies and dramatics emanating from that household.

No court of law can compell anyone to testify to their own criminal offense. IOW if they are called to testify in KC's trial they can claim the 5th to their own actions, but not KC's actions. Additionally I don't think they can make GA and CA testify about any criminal offenses that the other did due to spousal privelege. But both can be compelled to testify as to KC's actions. Which would include their own related observations as to what they made have heard or saw that might be related to the crime.

IOW if they saw the body, they have to tell that. If they had moved the body, they wouldn't have to say that- they could take the 5 th.

But yes, they could still be compelled to testify.

What you two said....ITA.

This family has been totally destroyed....by Casey. I believe LE knows this and they really aren't interested in destroying them further.

With that being said, it would be nice if George and Cindy acknowledged the truth about their daughter but I doubt that will happen.

Casey didn't make this family lie for her. The A's are in the exact place they got themselves into.

What they A's have done is not a slap on the wrist offense. I don't think we should underestimate the seriousness of the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse