Anthony's admit to Conflicting Statements Seek Full Immunity

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should George and Cindy be granted full immunity in exchange for truth?

• Yes

Votes: 200 26.9%
  • No

Votes: 123 16.5%
  • No and go after them for obstruction of justice!

Votes: 421 56.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if the immunity request is limited only to conflicting statements and they are now willing to give a full and accurate statement, maybe including a polygraph, it should be granted.

Conflicting statements is a misdemeanor charge. Neither of them have any criminal record, they will not do time.

I would MUCH rather have their damaging testimony that they wanted to hide because it would focus even more attention on Casey as a premeditated murderer. I want to see the DP back on the table, and I want their testimony including all the shady things they didn't mention, the fight, the threats.

Note they did not ask for immunity for damaging evidence, moving bodies, scrubbing the trunk (I think Casey did that during one of the three back into the garage trips). Those are all felony charges with real time attached to them, if they did those things this immunity request would not shield them. I hope they give them the deal and get them talking.

I think finding the body was these parents needed to see the undeniable truth.

This is what floors me from the article:

"Conway said he plans to meet with the lead prosecutor and detectives later this week to ask for full immunity for the Anthonys.

Conway admits the Anthonys have made conflicting statements in the past. They will be re-interviewed by investigators. He said, for the next interview they give to authorities, there will not be any conflicting statements."

He's basically saying they lied but will stop lying if they are given full immunity. I say give it to them and let's see what they have to say!

JoAnn_W

How can one know that what they will tell us NOW will be the truth any more than what they have told us in the past...why should what they say NOW be believed?:waitasec:

I have no doubt that the A's feel love-but, it's a very skewed type of love. After all, were they together because they "loved" each other or because they needed each other for various reasons. G needs C, C wants to keep her house (therefore she keeps G), KC needs C (she doesn't want to work), C needs KC (C wants to Caylee). I don't think any of them liked each other. Basically, they all needed CA-that's how she got to call all the shots in the family.:twocents:

Yeah I know all about "skewed love" - my parents were foster parents, my father was highly respected, in the community and at the compant where he was employed for 38 years. My parents had 3 biological children, me and my two sister's and adopted two little boys. We had all the pictures hanging on the walls, you could eat off of our floors, all of my friend's, as well as my sister's and brother's friend's thought our Mom & Dad were the greatest and wished that their parent's were just like them, my mother was a brownie leader and worked at the school as a teacher's aid but let me tell you what people saw from the outside was not the way it really was. The pictures on the walls didn't tell what was going on inside our home. We lived a nightmare everyday and on top of that who could we tell? Who would believe us? Everyone thought my parent's were...exactly what my parent's wanted them to think that they were - loving & caring parents. My point is that basing CA & GA's love for Klee on all of the pictures that you saw hanging on their walls of Klee when they allowed the media to come into their home to interview them is crap!

Remember that tape of CA saying something like "if anything happens to Caylee I will just die? Do you hear me? I'll die!" The genuine anguish in her voice and the panic in her voice during the first 911 call just don't square with her subsequent actions. I really felt for her originally as she was truly a grandparent suffering the loss of a beloved child. But what gives with the subterfuge with the hairbrush, the lack of actual looking for Caylee (did she ever go door-to-door, go to the park or Sawgrass and ask around, or, hey, provide something that belonged to Caylee to TES?) and the subsequent fame-whoring and finger-pointing make me think either she's one hell of an actress or something else is at play. From the "I'll just die" and "what did you do?" to "there was no odor" and "my daughter would never hurt Caylee" was quite a leap.

think that was the friend Christina.....not ca...

Yes. I am with everyone on how the A's have been, but if they are now willing to tell the truth then I think that is good. I cant help but to want to show them some mercy. Their hearts are broken and they will not recover from this.

I don't believe that family could tell the "truth" if their lives depended on it. The truth is a foreign word to them. It is another ruse and LE hopefully will not fall for it.

The new attorney is not worried about obstruction of justice charges but accessories to the murder in my opinion. Obstruction is just a misdemeanor, but they could get some serious time on accessory charges, not to mention GA would never be able to hold a security job again and CA would lose her RN license.

The article states: "After weeks of staying away from the cameras, Lee appeared at his parents' house and quickly removed the memorial. Flowers, teddy bears and pictures of Caylee were placed on the Anthonys' yard Friday night. Onlookers and cars riding past the Anthony home were back as well."

I say ALL of the Anthony's inlcuding Lee are not deserving of sympathy. I think they all conspired to help protect Casey and that Casey has been lying and exhibiting odd behavior most of her adult life.

It's my Personal opinion that Caylee Anthony was in harms way long before this crime occured and the Anthony's knew their daughter lied about her jobs and also knew there was never any babysister. I bet that Caylee had been abused the whole time she was alive. But that's JMO

No immunity and charge em! Cindy washing smell of death pants and George remembering what KC and Caylee were wearing 31 days ago. Something is not right with that. Oh and why do they have to hide out at the Ritz Carlton? Are they celebrities now? Shame on them for profiting from this and playing us like they have been.

We all knew they were lying, it was and has been caught on tape for goodness sake. They purposely tried to throw LE off, tampered with witnesses and evidence, made up sightings of Caylee, caused many extra man hours for LE and goodhearted people who were volunteering their own time and money for finding their GD. CA, GA and LA and wondering about his gf and some of KC's friends they gathered together to get their timelines right and what to tell LE and what not to tell them. They are all in it up to their eyeballs and I hope they don't offer them a deal and don't let them near the remains,(I think they know what the remains look like and knew where they were all the time). You know this family really did not deserve this beautiful little girl, all the players so far are only concerned about themselves not one person in this family or her friends has stepped up to take the heat and do the right thing for Caylee. I know this sounds hard but believe me I have tried and tried to have sympathy for them but each time they just throw it back in peoples faces, now this lawyer is trying to save their a@@es and soften their images up, too late sorry. Sad, sad, sad for Caylee.

Remember that tape of CA saying something like "if anything happens to Caylee I will just die? Do you hear me? I'll die!" The genuine anguish in her voice and the panic in her voice during the first 911 call just don't square with her subsequent actions. I really felt for her originally as she was truly a grandparent suffering the loss of a beloved child. But what gives with the subterfuge with the hairbrush, the lack of actual looking for Caylee (did she ever go door-to-door, go to the park or Sawgrass and ask around, or, hey, provide something that belonged to Caylee to TES?) and the subsequent fame-whoring and finger-pointing make me think either she's one hell of an actress or something else is at play. From the "I'll just die" and "what did you do?" to "there was no odor" and "my daughter would never hurt Caylee" was quite a leap.

That was Christine or Christina, her friend, that made that statement to her...:blushing:

My personal thought is that they did obstruct justice BUT ONLY because KC lied even more than we know. I think that perhaps she did admit that she killed someone that hurt Klee and she moved Klee to a safer location. I think she told them that to explain the smell and the disappearence of the pair of them for the past 31 days.

Maybe GA and CA went in to their protection mode for that purpose. Somebody hurt their grandaughter, therefore, KC was "justified". With as much as GA and CA love that grandbaby of theirs, I just could not imagine them protecting ANYONE family or not for murder of a grandaughter. I have a gut feeling that they are devestated that what everyone has been saying is true.

So.. yes, I think they lied, covered and moved stuff around to keep people from discovering that KC is a murderer only they did not believe who the victim was.

I wouldn't doubt that will be very close to what the "real" story was and was the one we were going to hear at the trial.
IMO, they were going to hang onto ANYTHING KC told them that meant Caylee was alive and being well cared for. It is called HOPE.

QUOTE=PrintGal;3064674]Remember that tape of CA saying something like "if anything happens to Caylee I will just die? Do you hear me? I'll die!" The genuine anguish in her voice and the panic in her voice during the first 911 call just don't square with her subsequent actions. I really felt for her originally as she was truly a grandparent suffering the loss of a beloved child. But what gives with the subterfuge with the hairbrush, the lack of actual looking for Caylee (did she ever go door-to-door, go to the park or Sawgrass and ask around, or, hey, provide something that belonged to Caylee to TES?) and the subsequent fame-whoring and finger-pointing make me think either she's one hell of an actress or something else is at play. From the "I'll just die" and "what did you do?" to "there was no odor" and "my daughter would never hurt Caylee" was quite a leap.[/QUOTE]

Bolded by me
That wasn't CA- That was a friend of KC's that was there when KC initially called home from jail.

Remember that tape of CA saying something like "if anything happens to Caylee I will just die? Do you hear me? I'll die!"

respectfully snipped . That was her friend Kristine that was quoted.

I believe that since they have the body and the evidence, it is a bit late to "come clean with the truth". They had the opportunity to do this for 6 months. Now they feel cornered...and rightfully so. I respect their grieving, but not their actions. Grief is not an excuse to violate the law, and in so doing, they violated Caylee as well. Lets not forget justice for Caylee.

That wasn't CA, it was Kristina, a friend od KC's who was at the A's house when that phone call took place. LA talked to KC first and she kept asking for TL new phone number then he gave the phone to Kristina. I've never heard CA say anything even close to that.

the "if anything happens to Caylee I will just die? Do you hear me? I'll die!"
wasn't said by CA it was one of KC's friends
and it was very telling because it was filled with such anguish and emotion, which was totally lacking from KC

I don't believe that family could tell the "truth" if their lives depended on it. The truth is a foreign word to them. It is another ruse and LE hopefully will not fall for it.

The new attorney is not worried about obstruction of justice charges but accessories to the murder in my opinion. Obstruction is just a misdemeanor, but they could get some serious time on accessory charges, not to mention GA would never be able to hold a security job again and CA would lose her RN license.

That is it in a nutshell...How does one suddenly "tell the truth" in exchange for ones own self when one was unable or unwilling to "tell the truth" for CAYLEE!!!???:furious:

Very insightful. This family was all about window dressing! Pictures can be reveal clues or can be staged. Actions speak louder than words or snapshots! By the way, have ya'll seen the pic of Caylee extremely upset, crying, sweaty,reaching up to the photographer for comfort? I'd love to know the story behind that one!:furious:

I saw that too, Caylee was sitting on the floor and the person with the camcorder never spoke, and Caylee was in obvious distress.

Remember that tape of CA saying something like "if anything happens to Caylee I will just die? Do you hear me? I'll die!"

respectfully snipped . That was her friend Kristine that was quoted.

I believe that since they have the body and the evidence, it is a bit late to "come clean with the truth". They had the opportunity to do this for 6 months. Now they feel cornered...and rightfully so. I respect their grieving, but not their actions. Grief is not an excuse to violate the law, and in so doing, they violated Caylee as well. Lets not forget justice for Caylee.

CA didn't say it, a friend of KC's by the name of Kristina did!

Lest anyone forget - Cindy and George A. (not Casey) are the registered (legal) owners of the Pontiac. Am I the only one who finds it interesting that this car was reported stolen AFTER it was discovered to have been impounded and reeking of the smell of a "dead body"?

DT

The Anthony grandparents are not responsible or liable for the "dream team" that Baez has put together. They are Casey's lawyers & forensic experts. Most, if not all, are there pro bono, IMO. Dr. Henry Lee already admitted on Nancy Grace that he was doing this case pro bono. I believe Dr. Kobilinski did as well. All the big names will most certainly earn more than $$ by donating their services & taking part in this "high profile" case. Publicity & consistent media exposure is priceless in their professions.

The Anthonys attorney, Brad Conway, stated yesterday that he had taken this case representing Cindy & George, pro bono as well.

Baez will be compensated by the State as Casey is indigent. Possibly others will too.

Rummy :cat:

There has been a lot of mistruths in this case by a lot of people. I do think the A's should make any money off this crime Period!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans