Anthony's Finally Doubt Casey's Innocence?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would not be eager to help send my child to prison for life (or worse, the needle), but my bond and love for him/her wouldn't change my sense of right and wrong. Especially, when it comes to murder.

I wouldn't lie for him but I can see myself possibly grasping at straws and believing all the baloney he was telling me. Kind of like holding out and hoping what I fear is the truth is NOT the truth, KWIM? I don't think my brain could wrap itself around the fact that I raised someone who could kill someone especially their own child.

I wonder if the evidence that is coming out is just pushing the Anthony's the other way - meaning no amount of baloney their daughter is giving them can compare to the overwhelming evidence out there that their own daughter killed their granddaughter.

And can i just say - I cannot believe how fast this board moves!! :)

Because of the extent of their denial through all of these months, I'm having a hard time believing the Anthony's have changed their tune.

I find it far more believable to think that they have finally found a decent spokesperson who knows that plausible deniability looks better than flat-out denial that KC could be involved in any way. I think BC just knows the best way to answer those questions when they are presented to him.

I am waiting for the Anthony's OR BC to come out and clarify the statement and say that they have never doubted their daughter and that BC's words were "taken out of context."

I'm with you on this.

Even IF they doubt KC's innocence, IMO it's too little too late. They've done Caylee an injustice by standing by KC all this time.

In the clip from NG, Mark Williams says they matched a toy found at the scene with a toy in the house... not to mention the Winnie the Pooh blanket. Reality has to be setting in now for the A's.

I would not be eager to help send my child to prison for life (or worse, the needle), but my bond and love for him/her wouldn't change my sense of right and wrong. Especially, when it comes to murder.

ITA. I'm also such a stickler for honesty, my own and others, that I would look like an idiot trying to pull off the lies Cindy has told. The lies she tells, tells me Cindy was always quite the capable liar herself. Lying seems to come to her with such ease.

The stress of dealing with your own daughter murdering your grandchild, may bring untold changes in a person, but I don't think it can make a liar out of a former basically, honest person.

*resp. snipped.
a few people have said that but i'm afraid i disagree. i know my own limits. i know what i am and what i am not capable of. i could not behave in the same manner the anthony's have.

You knoqw your limits for experiencs that have already happened. Not for sometihng tha you never have experienced.HTH!

I wanted to add I know for SURE I would not be in the media proclaiming my kids innocence. I would be shying away from cameras and life in general and no one would know what I thought. That is the one thing I don't get about the Anthony's - why such the media *advertiser censored*.

I think it was simply a matter of time. Our minds insulate us from pain we cannot bear. The realization dawns slowly and more gently so that we don't go insane. Poor George--I think he knew, and then repressed in order to emotionally survive.

I've never found their behavior to be surprising. Grief does astounding things to a person. And their grief is enormous.

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

You know, I think many people were angered and stunned by the Anthony family's reaction - the bizarre statements and obviously illogical reasoning in an attempt to hide the fact of their daughter's involvement. Many people wanted to hear the family press casey much harder than they did, declare that they believe their daughter is guilty, and to possibly disown her. But, I think a reaction like that on the part of a loved one who's family member comitted such a horrendous act is pretty rare. Some people do some of those three things but few do all.
Other members of the public may have been satisfied if the Anthony's simply stated, "Look, we love our daughter and we will continue to love her and be her family, but we do not know what her involvement is. This is a very difficult time for us and we do not wish to make any further comment." However, as you said above, grief does astounding things to people. It can cause a person to completely change their belief system, their ability to reason, function, or even their personalities. Add the Anthony family dynamic which does not appear healthy to me, and their attitudes are really not surprising.

We view this case from a perspective of horror at the snuffing out of a precious life and rage at the monster who did it. It causes us to see things a certain way. None of us view this case from the Anthony's perspective: The loss of their own beautiful granddaughter, who they adored, raised, protected and who seemed to have them wrapped around their fingers. They knew this child. They held her, fed her, bathed her, kissed her, cuddled her, sang to her. None of us did that and none of us can feel the loss of Caylee in the way they do. Now, add to that the unfathomable realization that their daughter is responsible. Can you imagine? I can't, except to say that I am sure if I was ever in such a horrendous position, I would not be able to accept it, comprehend it or come out of it sane. I know myself. I could not handle such a thing in my own family.
I don't blame the Anthony family for not being able to accept reality here. If they are starting to, I can see why they may be going crazy. Gosh, these people can't even deal with their grief by channeling it into advocacy for missing kids, or something similar. They would not be viewed in the same way by family members who lost a child to a stranger, for example, like John Walsh or Marc Klass. Parents of missing children may view them as family of a murderer, not just of a child who was killed.
I only hope that with the help of very skilled counselors, they will be able to process this a bit better. It may take very many years before they can fully accept the truth without losing their minds.

This case is a Greek tragedy. It's epic.
Sadly, I would not want to live if I was in their shoes. I would not want to live with the loss of my little baby, along with the knowledge that the child I raised and love is the monster responsible and that my testimony is necessary to bring justice to my grand-baby while at the same time convicting my flesh and blood child. That's a very horrible position and one that I think many people could simply not handle.
The Anthonys need to process this whole thing and come to reality very, very gradually, without pressure and with the strong support of mental health professionals. I can't imagine how they feel. This is a real life horror story. I for one can be patient.

Perhaps the A's have come to the realization that their daughter (when/if convicted on first degree murder charges) will be safely tucked away in a jail cell.

They won't have the luxury of constant protection/supervision.

If they continue to deny KC's involvement,even if the evidence prooves otherwise, they will in fact be in their own prison (public scrutiny) of their undying disbelief of their daughters guilt.

Perhaps it's in their best interest to show some shadow of doubt regarding KC's innocence to preserve their public persona.

In the clip from NG, Mark Williams says they matched a toy found at the scene with a toy in the house... not to mention the Winnie the Pooh blanket. Reality has to be setting in now for the A's.

Is Mark Williams now the official spokesman for the OCSO?:rolleyes:

I believe that recent release of evidence tied to their home, George's suicide attempt (and I'm guessing some family therapy in the hospital) has finally gotten Cindy to be willing to say Casey may have done it.

I think George living a lie for Cindy (on top of the loss of Caylee and Casey) and his suicide attempt has maybe gotten through to Cindy to give up on insisting Casey is innocent.

I also think they may be worried about Lee and want to help him now (I totally believe Casey would throw Lee, Cindy, and George under the bus at the drop of a dime), so they have to start facing the truth.

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

You know, I think many people were angered and stunned by the Anthony family's reaction - the bizarre statements and obviously illogical reasoning in an attempt to hide the fact of their daughter's involvement. Many people wanted to hear the family press casey much harder than they did, declare that they believe their daughter is guilty, and to possibly disown her. But, I think a reaction like that on the part of a loved one who's family member comitted such a horrendous act is pretty rare. Some people do some of those three things but few do all.
Other members of the public may have been satisfied if the Anthony's simply stated, "Look, we love our daughter and we will continue to love her and be her family, but we do not know what her involvement is. This is a very difficult time for us and we do not wish to make any further comment." However, as you said above, grief does astounding things to people. It can cause a person to completely change their belief system, their ability to reason, function, or even their personalities. Add the Anthony family dynamic which does not appear healthy to me, and their attitudes are really not surprising.

We view this case from a perspective of horror at the snuffing out of a precious life and rage at the monster who did it. It causes us to see things a certain way. None of us view this case from the Anthony's perspective: The loss of their own beautiful granddaughter, who they adored, raised, protected and who seemed to have them wrapped around their fingers. They knew this child. They held her, fed her, bathed her, kissed her, cuddled her, sang to her. None of us did that and none of us can feel the loss of Caylee in the way they do. Now, add to that the unfathomable realization that their daughter is responsible. Can you imagine? I can't, except to say that I am sure if I was ever in such a horrendous position, I would not be able to accept it, comprehend it or come out of it sane. I know myself. I could not handle such a thing in my own family.
I don't blame the Anthony family for not being able to accept reality here. If they are starting to, I can see why they may be going crazy. Gosh, these people can't even deal with their grief by channeling it into advocacy for missing kids, or something similar. They would not be viewed in the same way by family members who lost a child to a stranger, for example, like John Walsh or Marc Klass. Parents of missing children may view them as family of a murderer, not just of a child who was killed.
I only hope that with the help of very skilled counselors, they will be able to process this a bit better. It may take very many years before they can fully accept the truth without losing their minds.

This case is a Greek tragedy. It's epic.
Sadly, I would not want to live if I was in their shoes. I would not want to live with the loss of my little baby, along with the knowledge that the child I raised and love is the monster responsible and that my testimony is necessary to bring justice to my grand-baby while at the same time convicting my flesh and blood child. That's a very horrible position and one that I think many people could simply not handle.
The Anthonys need to process this whole thing and come to reality very, very gradually, without pressure and with the strong support of mental health professionals. I can't imagine how they feel. This is a real life horror story. I for one can be patient.

Gitana1, I completely agree! Beautiful post.

You knoqw your limits for experiencs that have already happened. Not for sometihng tha you never have experienced.HTH!
Well, I don't think I would have talked to the media everyday with outlandish claims and I do think I would have helped the police solve this crime. I would have been harder on Casey and actually tell her I know Zani doesn't exist. The list could go on. But there are ways I choose to conduct my life that maybe others don't feel are important.

Oh they knew from day one. Read the message Cindy wrote on her myspace July 3rd, she realized exactly what happened the day she called 911. I agree that grief played a huge role in their deep seated denial, but like jennyb said, this type of thing has happened in many other families. I think the difference with the Anthony's is that they're experiencing extreme GUILT. They have enabled Casey's actions all these years (letting her freeload off them, not pressing charges when she stole thousands of dollars, ect..) and then they finally put their foot down in a blowout on Father's Day, telling her she's kicked out and that they are taking custody of Caylee. And then the next day, June 16th, we all know what happens then. George and Cindy are probably thinking about that night nonstop. The sad thing is, they probably think they should have continued to kiss Casey's @ss. They need to realize their daughter is e-v-i-l to the core, and she is the only one to blame for Caylee's death.

... and a prime example of how unethical a defence lawyer can be. :furious:

Oh, heck ya! TY for posting that. Makes me feel just the very, very slightest bit better about JB and the never-ending motions today.

agreed, but what could cause such a mammoth change in these people?

I just don't think there has been any mammoth change. I think the Anthonys have always known subconsciously. They just could not handle such reality with their conscious minds. But, wiith the passage of time and the mounting of more and more evidence pointing to casey, their subconscious may be creeping into their conscious a bit more.

*resp. snipped.
a few people have said that but i'm afraid i disagree. i know my own limits. i know what i am and what i am not capable of. i could not behave in the same manner the anthony's have.

I agree and disagree. I agree that I know I would not make a spectacle of myself, as CA has, because I am so not an in the limelight kind of person. I'm much more a fly under the radar kind of gal, and I really don't see myself ever ranting and raving at the media like she has. But, I also agree that I do not know how I would feel if a family member of mine were accused of killing someone. It really would depend on the family member and the situation. Like, I could never in a million years imagine that my brother would be capable of killing anyone, but my husband's sister, I honestly wouldn't be all that surprised. But, whether I believed in their innocence or not, I do know for sure that I would have tried to keep a low profile.

I am glad that the Anthonys are starting to come around. I know it must be a very hard reality to accept, but they really do owe it to Caylee to acknowledge what really happened to her, and to do their part in making sure that justice is served.

agreed, but what could cause such a mammoth change in these people?

I think the same thing that caused their mammoth change from 'Caylee is Alive' to acceptance that she was not. When faced with blatant undeniable proof, they finally accept it...the body and now the SA evidence that KC killed Caylee.

secretagent I have to say I agree with you. I may wish I knew how I would react, but in the past few years I've done things I said I would never do. So we really don't know how far we would go to protect their own flesh and blood. I'm unhappy with the A's for their blindness before Caylee went missing, and for ignoring their suspicions between June 16th and the 911 call. But alot of their behavior now is probably instinctual.

no, i know myself. i do not have to be in a particular situation to know, roughly, how i would react and i know that the anthony's reaction to their circumstances is so far from what i know mine would be that i can say i would not behave as they have. we are all different, you can't say everyone would know how they would behave and you cannot say everyone wouldn't.

Call me skeptical, but I don't believe it. I think it's just spin on BC's part. Time will tell, I guess.

Oh they knew from day one. Read the message Cindy wrote on her myspace July 3rd, she realized exactly what happened the day she called 911. I agree that grief played a huge role in their deep seated denial, but like jennyb said, this type of thing has happened in many other families. I think the difference with the Anthony's is that they're experiencing extreme GUILT. They have enabled Casey's actions all these years (letting her freeload off them, not pressing charges when she stole thousands of dollars, ect..) and then they finally put their foot down in a blowout on Father's Day, telling her she's kicked out and that they are taking custody of Caylee. And then the next day, June 16th, we all know what happens then. George and Cindy are probably thinking about that night nonstop. The sad thing is, they probably think they should have continued to kiss Casey's @ss. They need to realize their daughter is e-v-i-l to the core, and she is the only one to blame for Caylee's death.

This is a very smart perspective on this case. You make sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back