Any suggestions for constructive things to do ....

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh, and read To Kill a Mockingbird during banned book week. Because it's enough of a disgrace to it that the defense quoted it during their closing. Sorry. I'm really angry right now.

Somewhere in the US someone else is abusing or killing a child today. I hate that the message that was sent today is you can get by with it. This is a crazy world, I just don't know that there is any hope. I need to know there is. All in all I think every key player will get what is coming to them in the end. I will go find something constructive to do, like play with my granddaughter.

I really, seriously want this to spurn some sort of change to our jury system. My brain is grinding and I assure you if I come up with a plan, I will take action. Caylee's killer may walk free and party another day - but perhaps that can serve to bring bigger changes.

This system is BROKEN and it needs to be FIXED. Obviously this isn't anything I'm going to pursue via Websleuths as it is my own business - but I am going to find a way to affect some sort of change some way some how. Unlike the jury, I will act and think and take the hard road because there HAS to be people still willing to do this.

So I guess my constructive thing to do is to let it sink in: but act. Get involved. Our faith is shaken but whatever you believe in - do it with all your heart so that the apathy shown by the jurors in this case will be the exception and not the rule.

Thanks for this- I completely agree and was thinking about it all day while I was supposed to be working. :innocent: I'm not sure how one even goes about changing something like that, but it needs to be done! jmo

Oh, and read To Kill a Mockingbird during banned book week. Because it's enough of a disgrace to it that the defense quoted it during their closing. Sorry. I'm really angry right now.

Me, too.

We can petition to change our judicial system in some way to prevent this from ever happening again. We can raise awareness about missing/dead children. We can collectively e-mail blast news stations for the smaller cases that get no mention because the people are not as attractive, not as sensational, not the right age, sex, or race. We can do this all in Caylee's name so her death will have not been in vain.
I think that would really honor Caylee.

contact Big Brothers Big Sisters. It is VERY doable to become the sister to a child for once or twice a week and make a HUGE difference. Less intimidating maybe than fostering, yet with HUGE impact. For Caylee!! May her memory inspire us always.

I like this idea! And thank every one who responded. I am definitely going to do something. Or somethings constructive.

A wonderful thing, if you can do it, is to become a foster parent. The difference you could make in a child's life could be life changing.

Another option could be to volunteer at a children's emergency shelter, if you have one locally. For example, there's a shelter in my area that uses volunteers for tutoring, rocking infants, bedtime routines (brushing kids' teeth and reading them stories), has volunteers bring in cakes for birthdays, etc. Shelters like this often have lengthy background checks (this particular shelter takes a few months, I think). But that's necessary to protect the children from any volunteers who may have ill motives.

Yet another option, perhaps you could gather and make donations to a shelter? Call or look online to see what a local shelter could use. I would guess toys, clothes, personal hygiene and grooming supplies, school supplies, etc. would always be in demand.

Hope this helps.

TY, like this, too! I really appreciate every one up here!

I really, seriously want this to spurn some sort of change to our jury system. My brain is grinding and I assure you if I come up with a plan, I will take action. Caylee's killer may walk free and party another day - but perhaps that can serve to bring bigger changes.

This system is BROKEN and it needs to be FIXED. Obviously this isn't anything I'm going to pursue via Websleuths as it is my own business - but I am going to find a way to affect some sort of change some way some how. Unlike the jury, I will act and think and take the hard road because there HAS to be people still willing to do this.

So I guess my constructive thing to do is to let it sink in: but act. Get involved. Our faith is shaken but whatever you believe in - do it with all your heart so that the apathy shown by the jurors in this case will be the exception and not the rule.

Great post! My brain is grinding, too. I think the system needs to be fixed, too. This is just devastating.

We can petition to change our judicial system in some way to prevent this from ever happening again. We can raise awareness about missing/dead children. We can collectively e-mail blast news stations for the smaller cases that get no mention because the people are not as attractive, not as sensational, not the right age, sex, or race. We can do this all in Caylee's name so her death will have not been in vain.

All these are fantastic ideas.This one is particularly Perfect IMO.

Not sure where to post this question - If that grandmother of the father of Caylee proves that she is actually the grandmother can she take Casey to civil court for a wrongful death suit? OJ was found guilty in a civil suit, why not Casey?

First, thank you for this thread.. constructive things to do is a very good thought for an outlet for those that feel so much and feel the need to help in some way to help to make sure that Caylee did not die in vain.. but to have her untimely death make an impact in some way.. which, I believe, it will.. and already has.. as the wave of people that have been touched by her beautiful little spirit has reached out to so many. I just hope that people act in positive ways in her memory and not 'react' in negative ways in the reflection of her killer.

It really does take a village to raise a child.. we can all be more aware of those around us and be involved whenever possible.. able and willing to lend a hand wherever we can. Too often people turn a blind eye or regret not taking action when they felt uneasy about something, or maybe could have devoted a bit of time to a neighbor or help group.. it doesn't always take funds to be able to assist, there are so many ways to reach out. If you see something wrong or find evidence (as in this case) and you are not being heard.. make your voice be heard. (Perhaps finding her sooner would have gathered more evidence for a conviction). It only takes one person to change the world....... don't be afraid to speak, to reach out and offer your time, or to listen and be there. If you don't have the time, donations to organizations that do rescue work or missing chidren work or other charities always can use assistance. You never know when you could be the one person that make the difference.

Caylee - Fly with the Angels, Precious One. Thank you for sharing your smile and touching our hearts with your spirit.. one that touched so many.. we may never understand "why" but we know that you were here for a reason and you've sent out a message and the awareness and awakening of millions was achieved by your gentle soul while you were with us and we will do all we can to honor your passing from this earth. Blessed Be Little One.

If it comes to any of these jurors or members of the defense team and even Casey herself writing a book, I will not buy it!

As far as Caylee, I can only think about my religious beliefs and look to the future of that for her.

And god forbid, you are ever in a "Roy Kronk" situation, do as Ashton said and run to those media outlets.

I need a few days to digest the news and then I plan on researching the petitioning of govmt.

My thoughts on where the system has become fractured may well be just a personal opinion, but I'll try to organize those thoughts and ideas and will open it up for discussion/dissection once I am sure that I am being logical not just emotional.

Not sure if here or the jury room is the best place for that?

<heads off to find pen and paper for outlines>

some suggestions if someone wants to help in those archives that chicoliving provided in the link above.

1. many times there are follow up articles that are missed when they are published. Find those and take them to the appropriate missing persons thread.

2. If there are older articles from the google archives that reference the missing person, find those and link those to appropriate thread.

3. Many of those threads (esp. the from the older decades) do not have tags. Anyone can add a tag to a thread. Right above the box where you type to post you will see a very small "edit tags" click on that and add Missing persons Name, date they were missing, place they were missing from. Tags are very important and are often forgotten about.

4. If you do this make sure you also search for any social networking pages set up specifically for this missing person and link it to their thread. :)

Once you are comfortable enough and you find a missing person in particular you would like to see more attention on or follow up articles on many of us 1. Write to reporters that have done coverage before and very politely request they do a follow up story. 2. Some of us make sure that the missing persons are listed in NamUs. There is a thread here that explains that process.

There is also another subforum that deals with the unidentified deceased many of which that have remained unidentified for decades. We have members on that subforum that do match missing persons to the UID John/Jane Does.

This website is huge. There is a lot to contribute as a member here besides following specific cases and trials if one wishes to do so :)

some suggestions if someone wants to help in those archives that chicoliving provided in the link above.

1. many times there are follow up articles that are missed when they are published. Find those and take them to the appropriate missing persons thread.

2. If there are older articles from the google archives that reference the missing person, find those and link those to appropriate thread.

3. Many of those threads (esp. the from the older decades) do not have tags. Anyone can add a tag to a thread. Right above the box where you type to post you will see a very small "edit tags" click on that and add Missing persons Name, date they were missing, place they were missing from. Tags are very important and are often forgotten about.

4. If you do this make sure you also search for any social networking pages set up specifically for this missing person and link it to their thread. :)

Once you are comfortable enough and you find a missing person in particular you would like to see more attention on or follow up articles on many of us 1. Write to reporters that have done coverage before and very politely request they do a follow up story. 2. Some of us make sure that the missing persons are listed in NamUs. There is a thread here that explains that process.

There is also another subforum that deals with the unidentified deceased many of which that have remained unidentified for decades. We have members on that subforum that do match missing persons to the UID John/Jane Does.

This website is huge. There is a lot to contribute as a member here besides following specific cases and trials if one wishes to do so :)

Thanks Kat! Some of those--particularly some of those from decades ago--are fascinating. I love to see the cases go from a sentence to 200 pages. You all have so much great input!

If anyone would like to help me here....please read this article that a friend of mine did...it just makes perfect sense. I am not good with words, but know that someone here has got to be...I would like to call this "Caylee's Class". I need some help on the wording to start the petition. There is a petition up on explaining the laws to the jury, but this is what screwed them all in the first place.....I would like something made up maybe in video form to be shown to the jurors prior to their service on a case and maybe notebook packets given also.....a short nice video showing it in memory of Caylee Marie Anthony. I do not need to have the video made up now, just the idea for the petition.....I feel like my friend has outlined it so perfectly, that it is a "no brainer"....something that these 12 did not have.....any takers??
http://www.thesouthernvoice.com/2011/07/08/caylee-anthony-proveswhat-jurists-should-know/

I agree some changes need to be done to the judicial system & if we don't do something while everyone is in an outrage, we'd never get the support at one time ever again!

Also, there needs to be a scholarship named after Caylee going to a young lawyer who is seeking employment as a Prosecutor! This way, her name will forever be in her home town & within the justice system! Just a thought!

krt, I have signed every petition that I can find for Caylee....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back