April 15th wknd of Sleuthing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did a mapquest search to see how far Lowes was from the Fielding Dr. area. The Lowes seems to be 6.9 miles (14 minutes)) from their house. Fielding Dr. seems to be 1:58 miles ( 2 minutes) from Lowes Home Improvement. Interesting!!

I am 100 miles north of Toronto and it is snowing here also!! Far better than the weather in North Carolina yesterday I imagine!!

that's true! It is beautiful in NC today, sunshine, blue skies and 68%.

Another thing I was wondering about. Since the map indicates premeditation, why would BC have made morning plans with a friend? He had to know he would be busy taking care of cleaning up lots and lots of evidence. Why would he risk setting a firm time to play tennis and possibly have someone trying to reach him early in the morning?

ETA: And why did he answer when her friends called? That would have bought him more time too. Answering those calls threw them both into a panic. These kinds of things make his appear to be innocent.

He was creating another alibi with the tennis game which could easily be cancelled so people could say why would he make the plans if he was going to be busy cleaning up a crime scene.

He answered the friends calls because he did not realize NC was expected somewhere. IIRC, they called her cell first, and since her cell was IN THE HOUSE, he could see who was calling. When they called the home phone, he had to answer so they wouldn't just come over to the house. And if he were really headed out to find NC, and there was nothing possibly incriminating in the house, why didn't he let JA come over and watch the girls when she offered, or drop them off at another's house, and get on his bike and start searching the trails. Searching in a car made no sense if he really thought she was out running.

I just did a mapquest search to see how far Lowes was from the Fielding Dr. area. The Lowes seems to be 6.9 miles (14 minutes)) from their house. Fielding Dr. seems to be 1:58 miles ( 2 minutes) from Lowes Home Improvement. Interesting!!

Do we know exactly which Lowe's he went to?

I thought her cell phone was in the car.

He was creating another alibi with the tennis game which could easily be cancelled so people could say why would he make the plans if he was going to be busy cleaning up a crime scene.

He answered the friends calls because he did not realize NC was expected somewhere. IIRC, they called her cell first, and since her cell was IN THE HOUSE, he could see who was calling. When they called the home phone, he had to answer so they wouldn't just come over to the house. And if he were really headed out to find NC, and there was nothing possibly incriminating in the house, why didn't he let JA come over and watch the girls when she offered, or drop them off at another's house, and get on his bike and start searching the trails. Searching in a car made no sense if he really thought she was out running.

Her phone was locked, right? Would one be able to see who the calls were from if it was locked? (I know nothing about cell phones and have no idea how to lock one).

Her phone was locked, right? Would one be able to see who the calls were from if it was locked? (I know nothing about cell phones and have no idea how to lock one).

I don't know anything about a blackberry but on my phone it is protected but I don't have to unlock it to see who is calling or to answer a call. I also don't have to unlock it to see a text message (if I am right there by the phone when the message comes in) I can also place a call without opening the phone.

I was looking to see if I could find the Lowe's he used in the docs and I came accross this when they seized his cell phone, Det. Young wrote this, and now they want us to think erasing NC's phone was not relevant because it wouldn't have had any evidence on it, keep in mind she also had worked in the computer field when they were in Canada:

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2011/03/04/9219449/20110304205150825.pdf

Pg. 3
"My training and experience has shown that people use personal electronic devices, to include cellular telephones, for many aspects of their daily lives. This practice is even more common among people who work in the technology sector, such as Brad Cooper was, a VOIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) engineeer for Cisco Systems, Inc. Numerous past investigations have revealed evidence of crimes on electronic devices to include evidence of motive, method and intent to commit specific crimes via photographs, text messages, email messages, websites and other digital files stored on these devices."

I have been thinking about it, I wonder if she had a gmail account no one knew about?

The one I used was 1920 Maynard Rd. in Cary. It looked like the most logical location...might not be the correct one.

I thought so too at first, but I believe it actually was the one on walnut. From the home Tryon Rd. right to walnut, left to Crossroads area. Right there by I-40.

I thought so too at first, but I believe it actually was the one on walnut. From the home Tryon Rd. right to walnut, left to Crossroads area. Right there by I-40.

Yes I'm pretty sure it was the one on Walnut. Not sure if they said it or if it was on the video when it played.

The one I used was 1920 Maynard Rd. in Cary. It looked like the most logical location...might not be the correct one.

I would say that is the most logical also if he was on his way to work, then he could take 54 to Cisco, but that is not 1.58 miles from Fielding Dr. Fielding Dr. is south east of where he lived, so it would be further from Lowe's to Fielding.

I would say that is the most logical also if he was on his way to work, then he could take 54 to Cisco, but that is not 1.58 miles from Fielding Dr. Fielding Dr. is south east of where he lived, so it would be further from Lowe's to Fielding.

I just used mapquest....and assumed it was correct. Try it and see what you get.

I have thought about this.....

when my phone rings and it is locked, if the caller is a contact, you can still see on a greyed out screen who is calling, you just can't unlock the phone to answer. don't know if this is true for other phones bc i only have an lg.

on another note...i am not sure if this has ever been mentioned before here, but i will throw it out there to see if there is any possibility for this scenario.....

Remember when BC took NC's phone from her. I am not clear for how long, only that it was gone for at least overnight and the next day. it was said it was because she ran up too much of a bill. if that were the case, why didn't he just terminate her service since he was account holder at this point? why take her phone? unless he wanted it in his possession.

so here is where i may go off on a wild ride, but hear me out for the sake of argument....

suppose she wasn't talking on home phone bc she thought he was listening, so she goes only to cell. (doesn't sound or look like she was home much anyways.) if he took her phone, and is the account holder, he could have gotten past a password with ATT. He could have installed spyware on the phone, and also, something like this:

http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Security/Utilities/remotePROTECT-32164.shtml

a program called remote protect. it was designed so that if your phone is stolen, you can remotely wipe everything, including the sim. you can even specify how many password attempts you will allow before it automatically wipes. i have wondered if this is what happened to the CPD. they followed instructions, and as everyone says, there should have been a second screen to warn of deletion. he never testified to this, and some thought he was being dishonest. it makes me wonder.....

back to building thomas the train tracks......

40 gets you around all the Cary traffic. And the train.

I just used mapquest....and assumed it was correct. Try it and see what you get.

I got 16 minutes or 8.7 miles. From 1920 Maynard to Fielding Dr.

I think your 1.58 was Lowe's on Walnut to Fielding Dr.

That can't be it because he was either 10 or 12 minutes from the house to Walnut Street, not the exact address, and Fielding is 12 to 13 minutes to Walnut Street.

It was definitely locked. That is why it struck me as interesting that HP lied about talking to Det. Dismukes about possibly knowing how to unlock it. Det. Dismuke's reply was interesting too "We got the information we need off it..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User1652735