April 22 weekend of Sleuthiness

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the "rush to judgment" testimony will be completely dismissed by the jurors IMO. Brad was the last person to see Nancy alive. They had a stormy marriage at best and heading for divorce. Had the police not looked at him.....it would have been ridiculous!

I am 100% in agreement with you if the police did not look into BC it would have been ridiculous. But, I find it also ridiculous that they ONLY looked at BC. They had made up their mind from the minute she went missing / was found that he had to have been the one to have murdered her. He was there only suspect. Any credible police force would have also taken into account other possibilities, as well.

She didn't have children at that time. Lots of free time. Not so much in the year before her murder with two children. LE couldn't get her messages, but they are able to get the numbers from her account. Wouldn't they have checked them out to see who they belonged too? The only hint of a possible affair would be with JP (I think those are his initials). It would seem that her friends would have known about someone since Nancy didn't seem to keep anything to herself. I realize that everyone thought it was Brad as soon as it occurred, but I don't see her friends hiding a relationship in order to pin it on Brad. They have children and know how devastating it would be for B & K to lose both parents.

I personallly feel that her friends are hiding something about NC's relationship with someone else. I don't think they are hiding it to purposefully pin the murder on BC. I just don't think they want to disclose the fact that NC may have been involved with someone else. They wouldn't want their friends' credibility diminished. Being that they had such a strong dislike for BC I think they would much rather see those children with KL, anyway

I am 100% in agreement with you if the police did not look into BC it would have been ridiculous. But, I find it also ridiculous that they ONLY looked at BC. They had made up their mind from the minute she went missing / was found that he had to have been the one to have murdered her. He was there only suspect. Any credible police force would have also taken into account other possibilities, as well.

How do you know they didn't look at any other suspects? Normal procedure would be to look into/investigate all possible suspects and rule them out. They couldn't rule Brad out. I can't see them publicizing anyone else they considered a suspect. That would probably open them up to a lawsuit based on the sue happy mentality of a lot of people these days.

How do you know they didn't look at any other suspects? Normal procedure would be to look into/investigate all possible suspects and rule them out. They couldn't rule Brad out. I can't see them publicizing anyone else they considered a suspect. That would probably open them up to a lawsuit based on the sue happy mentality of a lot of people these days.

All three detectives stated there were no other suspects. Daniels even stated "we didn't need to look at anyone else. No one else was married to the victim."

I personallly feel that her friends are hiding something about NC's relationship with someone else. I don't think they are hiding it to purposefully pin the murder on BC. I just don't think they want to disclose the fact that NC may have been involved with someone else. They wouldn't want their friends' credibility diminished. Being that they had such a strong dislike for BC I think they would much rather see those children with KL, anyway

I can't see them "hiding" information. Perhaps they shared it with LE and during their investigation the someone else that may have existed was ruled out?

I agree, this marriage was in trouble from the beginning. Nancy may have had an affair 7 years ago, in a childless marriage.....but, Brad had multiple affairs recently in the marriage, which is more relevant to me. Looks to me that after the children, Nancy tried to no avail to save the marriage, most likely and including for the sake of the children.

What are the multiple affairs that BC had? I thought the only one that has been confirmed is with HM. I didn't hear anyone say he had any sort of physical affair with the woman from France (I apologize if I missed something).
Just because NC had an affair before they had children, that doesn't make it any better. In fact, the fact that she had an affair so soon after they got married tells me that she should have had the courage to leave BC before they had children so as to spare those innocent lives all of the turmoil they endured while living with 2 parents that hated each other.

All three detectives stated there were no other suspects. Daniels even stated "we didn't need to look at anyone else. No one else was married to the victim."

Additionally, the Cary Chief of Police made a statement on July 16 that this was not a random act of violence and there was no threat to public safety. That is two days after her body was found and to have made that statement to the public in such a manner they would have to have narrowed it down to BC by then.

Especially given the lack of direct evidence in the case.

What are the multiple affairs that BC had? I thought the only one that has been confirmed is with HM. I didn't hear anyone say he had any sort of physical affair with the woman from France (I apologize if I missed something).
Just because NC had an affair before they had children, that doesn't make it any better. In fact, the fact that she had an affair so soon after they got married tells me that she should have had the courage to leave BC before they had children so as to spare those innocent lives all of the turmoil they endured while living with 2 parents that hated each other.

HM, his bosses wife, and girl in France. He admitted the first two affairs. The girl in France.....seen holding hands, had emails after returning to U.S. Not a big leap that it was an affair too. Nancy suspected as much also.

Then the "someone" that some posters think Nancy was involved with, the one that no one has ever mentioned off this board, wasn't considered a suspect.

Let's hope the "someone" wasn't "made up out of thin air".

HM, his bosses wife, and girl in France. He admitted the first two affairs. The girl in France.....seen holding hands, had emails after returning to U.S. Not a big leap that it was an affair too. Nancy suspected as much also.

The one with the bosses wife happened when he was single. Not when he was married. I wouldn't doubt he had more than 1, but HM is the only evidence of an affair presented in the trial. There was evidence of a flirtatious relationship with the French lady, but no evidence of anything more.

ETA: I must have missed evidence of them holding hands. When did that come out?

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the bosses wife pre-NC? And the lady in France? I'll go by what was shown thru testimony and not make any leaps whatsoever.

They did look into other possibilities. And I agree, BC was the only suspect and I believe he killed NC.

Then the "someone" that some posters think Nancy was involved with, the one that no one has ever mentioned off this board, wasn't considered a suspect.

Let's hope the "someone" wasn't "made up out of thin air".

Sorry, this makes no sense.

How does the boss's wife count as an affair? It pre-dated his marriage to Nancy. Are you counting anyone either person ever slept with? And the girl with France wasn't even testified to as an affair. The most we know is that he spoke to her alone while everyone else was socializing. Shocking.

The one with the bosses wife happened when he was single. Not when he was married. I wouldn't doubt he had more than 1, but HM is the only evidence of an affair presented in the trial. There was evidence of a flirtatious relationship with the French lady, but no evidence of anything more.

ETA: I must have missed evidence of them holding hands. When did that come out?

He had an affair with the French lady and it was proven through circumstantial evidence.

I'm not aware of a "someone" spoken about on this board and not elsewhere. In fact I haven't even heard all of the potential "someones" named in the motion to compel document discussed on this board.

All the "someones" I have seen discussed here have been mentioned in testimony during this trial.

JP, BW and the guy from Fl have all been discussed by witnesses on the stand.

They did look into other possibilities. And I agree, BC was the only suspect and I believe he killed NC.

I agree 100%. Fortunately, since we're not on the jury, we don't have to suspend our beliefs to follow the same "civic duty" as them. :great:

They didn't 'only look at him'. They hauled their collective a$$e$ across the golf course following psychics. They questioned all the friends, neighbors, acquaintances, etc. But as det. teddy said, 'when you take away everything else, this was/is a DOMESTIC SITUATION. All the doors kept leading back to home, brad, the last person to see her alive. The only one who never bothered to check in with the cops to ask questions. "hey, what's the latest on my missing wife, any news yet on the 'mother of my little girls who are here crying their eyes out for their momma?' And after her body was found, 'hey, I didn't kill my wife, but I want to find out who did just as badly as you do.....' I hope if I or anyone I know is ever on trial, or is the victim of a crime, that those people both investigating and the eventual jurors, will use some common sense in their investigation and deliberations. Like I said before, those loved ones who are innocent, can't be kept away from investigations. Those who are guilty, those who already know what happened, stay as far away as possible. MOO and the opinions of many others who've followed crime for decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli