April 29 weekend of Sleuthiness

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the theory that police presented. They showed pictures of the foyer, talked about ducks, presented testimony that the ducks were there on July 11, went on and on, and everyone was supposed to conclude that a huge struggle and murder occurred in the foyer. As the prosecutor so kindly stated, discovery of the ducks pretty much painted the stream of prosecution witnesses as liars. If police had looked for the ducks and found them, they could have concocted an alternate theory.

We know that now :)
But their absence from the foyer was a huge sticking point for me until they resurfaced.

It seems that all the heavy duty cleaning was in that area. We were shown Brad Cooper's pillow case, he was not the cleanest dude and he obviously DID NOT do laundry on a regular basis..I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't having the kid's help him do laundry that day

If Brad can train a 2 and 4 year old to do laundry, he deserves Father of the Year Award!

When you hear FBI, think J. Edgar Hoover. That should you return you to reality.

AND in this case when you hear FBI think Durham Police Department --

the same PD that investigated and had Duke LAX players indicted for a crime that never happened.

One of the FBI agents in the NC case is on loan from the DPD.

The prosecution knew about the ducks when they were located on April 6.

What is your theory on the ducks? The lawyers ran out an bought three ducks?

They were boxed by Nancy.
The ducks mean nothing to the case.
All it means is the struggle did not effect them...so what?

Speak for yourself. I certainly won't admit that. Maybe he was in voip technology, but knowing voip to a ccie level certainly doesn't make him smarter than everyone in this forum.

I tend to think he has a high intelligence Q but a low emotional Q...I think you need both to be considered "smarter than the average Joe" !!

Defense: Bring in the sticks...

The ducks were not important to the case....just like the blowpoke in the Mike Peterson case. Just a theory.
She was strangled, not beaten with a duck.
It was nothing more than a theory, based on what the state thought they had. Just because the ducks were a mistake, in no way takes away from their theory she was strangled to death by Bradley in the house.

They were obviously important to Cummings ....

They were boxed by Nancy.
The ducks mean nothing to the case.
All it means is the struggle did not effect them...so what?

It's unfortunate that prosecutors did not realize, prior to presenting their case, that the ducks were irrelevant. As it stands, they wrapped their theory around the missing ducks, and then blurted out in court that the discovery of the ducks meant their string of witnesses looked like liars.

The ducks and sticks were important to me. I was thinking the entire time that both had been damaged in a struggle in the foyer. I was obviously wrong unless there was bodily fluids on them that was never checked.

Defense should have bought some sticks too.

It's unfortunate that prosecutors did not realize, prior to presenting their case, that the ducks were irrelevant. As it stands, they wrapped their theory around the missing ducks, and then blurted out in court that the discovery of the ducks meant their string of witnesses looked like liars.

I can easily look past the ducks in the state's theory that Bradley choking Nancy to death.

I will agree Cummings should have kept his mouth shut to Mrs Cooper. In fact, I would have preferred Cummings kept his mouth shut during the entire trial.:silenced:

I fully believe NC was wearing that necklace at the party Friday night.

You must then believe that:

1) NC took it off before she was murdered
2) BC took it off before he murdered NC
3) BC took if off after he murdered NC

2 & 3 beg the question, why?

And, why would he not keep the earrings as well? Am I remembering correctly that NC was found wearing only one earring? If so, where is that other earring?

I will always think that Cummings' reaction to the ducks was more harmful than the actual discovery of the ducks.

Weren't they some kind of sticks from a tree? Why pack them? Why not throw them away?

Somewhere I heard they were decorative bamboo sticks. I have some in my sunroom.

And, why would he not keep the earrings as well? Am I remembering correctly that NC was found wearing only one earring? If so, where is that other earring?

Both earrings were found...one came off in the hands of Kevin Gerity

I can easily look past the ducks in the state's theory that Bradley choking Nancy to death.

I will agree Cummings should have kept his mouth shut to Mrs Cooper. In fact, I would have preferred Cummings kept his mouth shut during the entire trial.:silenced:

Cummings didn't mess up nearly as much as BZ, who was so creepily eager to to falsely accuse witnesses of lying so he could say "gotcha".

She was wearing both earrings but one was very loose when her body was discovered. Leads me to wonder if somebody tried to remove them, or at least the one, and couldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NonakaYori