April 8th wknd of Sleuthing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Enterprises do deploy FXO interfaces. Look at the banks that are located inside a grocery store, they are very likely to have an FXO interface installed for their phone system.

Yes, but the one he bought was a 2 port card.
The Cisco colleague said that was designed for very small business or home use.

Why would he return the $50 2 port card to Cisco and not return the Cisco VOIP desk handset?

Because he probably had a Cisco Virtual Office setup which allowed the VoIP phone to register with his Alpha cluster. The CVO setup, however, does not allow for an FXO card to be installed. There is nothing suspicious about the VoIP phone remaining in the house.

Yes, but the one he bought was a 2 port card.
The Cisco colleague said that was designed for very small business or home use.

Exactly. Like I said, look at a bank branch that is located within a grocery store, you seldom will see more than 2 bank employees at such a branch. The number of expected calls is not that great. Also, as mentioned by others, the 2 port FXO card only works with an enterprise level router.

I don't think the jury will sit and deliberate about whether it can or can not be a two port card/slot thingy or whether it is for home use or small enterprise or a grocery store bank. I don't think the jury will sit and discuss and deliberate if this router will hold this card or that router can't be connected to an FXO whatchamacallit. I don't think the jury will know one hobglob from another.

I think the jury will have heard that it is entirely possible for Brad Cupper to have somehow made a call go through to his cell phone that would appear to come from his house so that he can say that Nancy called him that morning, after all he was an "expert" at his job, his job was to work with phone systems, he had access to all kinds of equipment that isn't tracked by his employer. The real techies on this board and others can debate the ins and outs of the equipment and what can or can not be done with it. I think the jury aren't those techies. I think they are normal every day people who will understand that it is highly suspicious and coincidental that he started acquiring pieces of equipment, started asking questions of how to get rid of data during a time frame when his divorce is heating up and a separation agreement is presented that he doesn't like, and then that he made numerous phone calls of a suspect nature the very morning that his wife goes missing.

I will concede that there might be ONE such techie juror - and one is enough to hang the jury, but I'm willing to bet that the majority of that jury is normal every day people who can't quite figure out their own cell phones and have a hard time hooking up a DVR player. It would be reasonable to conclude from the evidence presented that he did spoof the call. Of course, I will stand corrected if the jury finds him not guilty and walks out of the courtroom and to a microphone and say these words, "We had to find him not guilty because we all work in the technology field and know he couldn't fit a FXO card into a ZZZZ router and then connect it to his YYYY computer and filter it through New Zealand back to his cell phone."

Exactly. Like I said, look at a bank branch that is located within a grocery store, you seldom will see more than 2 bank employees at such a branch. The number of expected calls is not that great. Also, as mentioned by others, the 2 port FXO card only works with an enterprise level router.

I know very little about this hardware.
I was just going on what his Cisco colleague said.

(HUGE SIGH)

I am getting kind of tired of plowing this same ground.

1. BC had access to routers of all kinds as part of his job.

2. His employer MAKES routers.

3. There was sworn, documented proof introduced into evidence that a device which would enable some models of routers to interface with the TWC connection were procured by the lab BC worked in.

4. BC had access to all of the equipment required to make the connection, and had done so previously in their shared domicile.

5. BC had access to the router, and the software needed to set up his very own PBX type of managed call center. He did not NEED for it to run through the managed Cisco setup.

6. BC is an EXPERT at setting this stuff up.

7. There are a pattern of phone calls, some of which are not explained on the morning that his wife is missing, subsequently found to have been murdered.

- Now, on the topic of their being "a ton of shoes in that house" OK, Immelda Marcos had a ton of shoes in her house too, but I'll bet they all had both left and right ones! :great:

Such drama, having to type out the word "sigh", lol.

Why is it that only BDI it folks are snarky? Pretty interesting.

Okay, so now he set up a managed call center too? Oooookay then. The police must have found some record of that, no?

And did he set up this non-Cisco call center that morning too? Seems he went to a huge amount of trouble to set up this call as an alibi. Little did he know, no one would believe him. He should have thought "I'm a VOIP engineer. People will never believe that was a real phone call."

Until I see evidence to the contrary, Nancy called him that morning.

Sigh.

I know very little about this hardware.
I was just going on what his Cisco colleague said.

When I hear and read about the hardware and technology I fall back to the old Charlie Brown cartoons when an adult speaks, "Waaa, waa, wwaaa, wa, waaa waaaaa waa, wa waahhh."

Because he probably had a Cisco Virtual Office setup which allowed the VoIP phone to register with his Alpha cluster. The CVO setup, however, does not allow for an FXO card to be installed. There is nothing suspicious about the VoIP phone remaining in the house.
Thanks for that info.
And he also had the FXO card and router installed in his home at least until April 2008. No record of returning to Cisco, so where is it?

Quoting myself (LOL)!

And while I'm on that - Brad's natural habit was to let calls from Nancy go to voice mail - well, practically everybody's calls went to voice mail - his dumb butt picked this one time to actually answer the phone and have a speaking "conversation" with Nancy. If she really was alive and called him, he should have let it go to voice mail and then called his voice mail back and played the nessage to see what she wanted - and THEN he'd have proof SHE called him at 6:40 a.m. That unlucky sum beach.

BBM - Nope, not dumb -- smart -- he had to pick it up -- he knew it wasn't Nancy!! :phone:

Hey sunshine, you have a response to Cheyenne?
Wonder why the SBI didn't find even a trace of wine on the dress?
I guess Brad lied when he said Nancy told him she spilled wine on the dress???
Hmmm.

Bumped for sunshine:seeya:

BBM - Nope, not dumb -- smart -- he had to pick it up -- he knew it wasn't Nancy!! :phone:

Oh, yes, I know that, but to those who just can't even consider in the teeniest, tiniest bit that perhaps he killed Nancy - then his butt was dumb and he was the unluckiest sob to ever walk the earth.

She also was advised by her attorney to stay in the home. He could have used "abandonment" of the marriage and home in the divorce suit. She was advised by her attorney to stay in the home - the idea was to get him to leave the home after it became apparent he was not going to be agreeable to a separation agreement that would have allowed Nancy to leave and take the children.

In Ms Stubbs testimony she said her sister gave her the money for the consultation and to draw up the separation papers. I think she was going to ask her parents and/or sister to help with the actual divorce proceedings which was 7500 for a retainer for Ms Stubbs (who seems exceptionally smart and I love her by the way) She did have some help... to get out but she couldn't abandon him and take the kids or else she would be pretty screwed later on.. just like Less said above. Ms Stubbs advised her the best way possible, and like she admitted on the stand NC thought something may be worked out with BC... :(

Oh, yes, I know that, but to those who just can't even consider in the teeniest, tiniest bit that perhaps he killed Nancy - then his butt was dumb and he was the unluckiest sob to ever walk the earth.

Quoting myself again! LOL!!

I think he and Scott Peterson should be come prison pen pals. They can attempt to one-up each other on who was the most unlucky.

Let's talk about the laundry again. JA said in testimony that she was unaware of BC ever doing laundry but she said at her deposition that BC did do his own laundry. She also said in the deposition that she noticed a huge mound of laundry in their laundry room on the 11th. So this contradicts the same repeated story that BC never did laundry, no?

Also, wasn't it interesting that JA said they only used ALL detergent and then they pulled out that BJ's record that showed 30 purchases of Tide purchased, only one of ALL, lol.

Another topic to discuss. Does anyone believe that BC did in fact have the phone tapped like NC told everyone? Curious what you all think about that. It keeps coming up.

She sure did panic quickly. I wonder why. It seems abnormal to me that she jumped to the conclusion that something bad enough to call the police had happened to NC. It isn't like most of the day had gone by at that point.

NC's having a bad marriage isn't enough of a catalyst in my view -- there are lots of couples who have bad marriages, financial problems, one or both running around, and so forth, and a very small percentage of spouses end up murdered.

I don't see any reason for her to have jumped to the conclusion at that time that BC killed his wife. I don't recall any testimony about BC having previously threatened to kill NC or about him having physically abused her.

IMO, I don't think a call at 1:50pm is panic when she had been missing since 7:00am (BC had told her about her 7:00am run) and she expected her at 8:00. She had not heard from her and was worried. She did not make a 911 call -- she didn't know what to do, so she called a "regular" CPD number at 1:50 to ask what she should do about it.

Such drama, having to type out the word "sigh", lol.

Why is it that only BDI it folks are snarky? Pretty interesting.

Okay, so now he set up a managed call center too? Oooookay then. The police must have found some record of that, no?

And did he set up this non-Cisco call center that morning too? Seems he went to a huge amount of trouble to set up this call as an alibi. Little did he know, no one would believe him. He should have thought "I'm a VOIP engineer. People will never believe that was a real phone call."

Until I see evidence to the contrary, Nancy called him that morning.

Sigh.

It's not a huge amount of trouble for these computer guys. I asked my husband to ask his co workers (he works near cisco at another big company) if they could spoof a call and how hard it is and they all said its not hard and they could do it in a few minutes if they needed to and they are not working in phones or anything.. they work with computer storage.. no voip, no phones.. and they can do it no problem.. BC is an expert in this phone technology it would take 30 seconds for him and we know for a fact he had the equipment and that it isn't checked in or out at cisco so he could have tossed it very fast July 12 in a dumpster because it would not be missed.

IMO, I don't think a call at 1:50pm is panic when she had been missing since 7:00am (BC had told her about her 7:00am run) and she expected her at 8:00. She had not heard from her and was worried. She did not make a 911 call -- she didn't know what to do, so she called a "regular" CPD number at 1:50 to ask what she should do about it.

I agree- she was VERY in touch with her friends, she was always calling and talking and visiting people, jogging, going to java jive, going to play dates and then SILENCE after that party until 1pm when everyone was like okay where is she??? I would be panicking too if she was that social and not contacting anyone. I feel so bad for her friends going through all of this, I bet they miss her every day because she was such a huge part of their lives.

Let's talk about the laundry again. JA said in testimony that she was unaware of BC ever doing laundry but she said at her deposition that BC did do his own laundry. She also said in the deposition that she noticed a huge mound of laundry in their laundry room on the 11th. So this contradicts the same repeated story that BC never did laundry, no?

Also, wasn't it interesting that JA said they only used ALL detergent and then they pulled out that BJ's record that showed 30 purchases of Tide purchased, only one of ALL, lol.

Brad Cooper was known to do his laundry because Nancy refused to wash his clothes. From the looks of his bed linens, he probably went around with dirty underwear too.

She noticed All detergent at some point...so what?
I have noticed a certain brand in our home, but that is not to say my wife doesn't often buy another brand too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
in2itive