April 8th wknd of Sleuthing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My observations so far are: Most in here are pretty certain that BC is guilty of murdering NC, a few are still open minded about it ( a good idea since the trial is not over by a long shot), and I haven't seen anyone in here who 100 percent is convinced he is innocent (another good idea since the trial isn't over and he is the most likely suspect). What is amazing in here is the depth of passion that everyone has for their particular belief.

...and good observations, though those still "open minded" come across as less emotionally attached to the case. Someone above stated (correctly) that "An explanation involving circumstantial evidence becomes more valid as proof of a fact when the alternative explanations have been ruled out".

To this point (and unless you've decided to toss out any objective consideration), many of the alternate explanations make more sense, and are less of a stretch than the ones the pros would have you believe.

Brad is one lucky guy...wanted out of his marriage/with the kid's
He is very lucky Nancy got randomly murdered after she got the courage to divorce him

Actually Palomine..I truly dont think he wanted to be the primary caregiver to those kids until he saw the "Bottomline"..I think he just wanted access and visiting privelges type thing so he could continue with his work and see whomever he wished to on his terms...The breaking point was seeing that "Separation Agreement" draft....and thats when he started become very confrontational with Nancy ...even infront of the kids, demanding whatevers ( school parking Lot as an example)...He wanted his cake and eat it too..and when confronted with that possibility..He snapped or maybe given Brad's personality he changed gears..He seems to be a "Seething Type" to me..

Nancy was NOT killed randomly..No one could ever convince me of that given the circumstancial evidence I have seen so far....No pro jogger does that in 2 right shoes, half naked and NOT securing her private items..like her cell phone, laptop and car keys!! Nevermind her morning plans for the day..Defense will really have to come up with a "Ah-Ha" moment to shake my convince level at this point :waitasec:

Most Intimate Murder Cases end in Second Degree convictions due to the involvement of the parties..so Unless Pros can Show that Brad Pre-planned this..they may end up with "Crime of Passion"....

To this point I can only accept that Brad did alot of Control issue things..however, I think he had enough time and used it for "Coverup" purposes..He really isnt a serial murderer, just a manipulative SOB who used his abiilities to coverup....Yep he lied, Yep he offered info, he should not of, Yep he possessed items he should NOT have..etc....

We will see just how the jury digests all they have heard, and will hear in the future:seeya:

I am just throwing this out there for considerations:waitasec:

..Defense will really have to come up with a "Ah-Ha" moment to shake my convince level at this point

We do know some of whats in store. For example a parade of witnesses who saw her running that morning (I think the defense mentioned the number as more than 10?). We'll have to wait to see (1) if there are infact this many witnesses, and (2) how convincing and assured their testimony is, but suppose some jurors are convinced that any number of these witnesses saw NC? They would have to weigh that in considering "alternative explanations" as to the CE against BC.

Cody said: "I haven't seen anyone in here who 100 percent is convinced he is innocent (another good idea since the trial isn't over and he is the most likely suspect)."
:laughcry:

Yep, by default the spouse is always the first and most likely suspect. That doesn't mean he did it, but just the most likely suspect that LE targets and prosecutors pursue.

We do know some of whats in store. For example a parade of witnesses who saw her running that morning (I think the defense mentioned the number as more than 10?). We'll have to wait to see (1) if there are infact this many witnesses, and (2) how convincing and assured their testimony is, but suppose some jurors are convinced that any number of these witnesses saw NC? They would have to weigh that in considering "alternative explanations" as to the CE against BC.

That is true jrb. The jurors will have to put down circumstantial evidence both pro and con. Then they will need to weigh out the physical evidence that has been presented by the end of the trial. And all of the time, they will try to balance this with emotional considerations. I hope something is presented either way to assist their decision.

...and good observations, though those still "open minded" come across as less emotionally attached to the case. Someone above stated (correctly) that "An explanation involving circumstantial evidence becomes more valid as proof of a fact when the alternative explanations have been ruled out".

To this point (and unless you've decided to toss out any objective consideration), many of the alternate explanations make more sense, and are less of a stretch than the ones the pros would have you believe.

I think it is logical that the open minded individuals in here probably are less attached to the case and looking objectively at the evidence or they have not ruled out in their mind that an alternate explanation is feasible.

Could you be more specific on the alternate explanations? I suspect I might agree with you.

Yep, by default the spouse is always the first and most likely suspect. That doesn't mean he did it, but just the most likely suspect that LE targets and prosecutors pursue.

100% true statement.
BTW, that is not why I was laughing.

So glad you know just who the defense will bring to the stand..I dont ..however.. These so called witnesses will have to describe so many details..I wonder IF one of them saw she was either jogging half nude, or barefoot, or in two left shoes on..Those cross exams may be rather interesting..Than of course the have to explain the reasoning Brad suddenly after months of contentious behavior, spying, with-holding funds..HE suddenly became a Super House cleaner, items go missing, aloof behaviors, mysterious travel at 615-645AM that particular morning.and so on...I think its going to be the Phone/Computer evidence that does him in..I know I know, they have their own expert too..We will just see I guess

Anyway, I think He is guilty but NOT necessarily of 1st degree..but having IIRC been offered 2nd degree in a plea deal (correct me if I am wrong TY) I do believe Brad will be held accountable in the end ..Just tooooo many coverups and pecular behaviors that very morning...SODDI is NOT going to get past the jurors IMO Thats why I said, Defense best come up with SOLID evidence of SOD...I recall S.P. Case when SODDI asserted,,,and NO such evidence other than suggestions shown...Ohh well we will see I guess..

She told her friends everything except that she planned on painting the following morning.

She told her friends everything except mentioning that she planned to move very soon and had left her RE a vm saying it was urgent.

Just saying...

She told her friends everything except that she spilled something on her dress.

That is true jrb. The jurors will have to put down circumstantial evidence both pro and con. Then they will need to weigh out the physical evidence that has been presented by the end of the trial. And all of the time, they will try to balance this with emotional considerations. I hope something is presented either way to assist their decision.

I wouldn't say "emotional considerations" but rather common sense.

And, if I recall, Brad did not see Nancy leave according to the deposition.

This is perplexing, since in the special writ filed by the defense, Kurtz argues that the defense was prevented from interviewing KC. According to that writ and Kurtz, KC is believed to have told someone that her mother was wearing black shorts and a white T-shirt. The complaint states that the defense was prevented from interviewing the child.

Brad,however, stated that he and KC were upstairs at 7:00 and did not see NC leave. They only "heard" her yell a request about a t-shirt.

IMO, Brad blurting out an accurate description of the sports bra Nancy was wearing is incriminating or ??????? (clairvoyant, lucky...highly unlikely)

no sense discussing what or if the child said anything to anybody because it has been ruled inadmissable

I've been thinking about something. After Brad's check to Rosen bounced, did he ever consult another attorney regarding custody before Nancy turned up murdered? I don't think he did. Does anyone know of one I'm overlooking? TIA

Indeed, SleuthSayer. Seems the more scientifically detailed and pronounced "actual evidence" becomes - i.e.: DNA, eye-witness, smoking gun, cctv footage capturing the deed on film ... the more careful the perps are to ensure their testimony remains, at the very least, undetermined. That is - the more clever they become. Then - wherein lies real justice? Wherefore goes logic?

It means we'll end up with a system that says "he did it, yes, but you just didn't prove it...". Sometimes we, as morally decent, civilized and competent citizens have to string circumstances together and let logic, accompanied by events, scream out for victims.

If Nancy called you from the grave - whose voice, in your gut of gut instinct and basis what we know re the marriage, events and timeline, do you think she'd call out to you as her final betrayer?

A random killer while out jogging, with zero evidence thereto (circumstantial or otherwise) ... an upset neighbor, a spurned suitor .... or Brad, her feuding, angry, bitter, controlling and zealous estranged husband. Who had the most to lose? Who wanted out? Who held revenge? Who controlled her? Who cut her out of his life and deplored any iota of happiness or earnings she may have had?

No-one's painting Nancy as the Mona Lisa. They were not a match in heaven. But ... murder is never an option. IMOO

Thank you for the great post, and glad to have you in the discussion this weekend. I agree with just about everything I have read that you wrote.

no sense discussing what or if the child said anything to anybody because it has been ruled inadmissable

According to Brad, the oldest child didn't wake up until 8:30 a.m. Maybe he wasn't being truthful but I don't know why he would lie about something like that.

Hi Cody! Out of curiosity (and I ask this with respect) how many criminal trials have you followed?

Each piece of evidence does not have to be compelling. imo

For your information:

"Circumstantial evidence is evidence in which an inference is required to connect it to a conclusion of fact. By contrast, direct evidence supports the truth of an assertion directly—i.e., without need for any additional evidence or the intervening inference.

On its own, it is the nature of circumstantial evidence for more than one explanation to still be possible. Inference from one piece of circumstantial evidence may not guarantee accuracy. Circumstantial evidence usually accumulates into a collection, so that the pieces then become corroborating evidence. Together, they may more strongly support one particular inference over another. An explanation involving circumstantial evidence becomes more valid as proof of a fact when the alternative explanations have been ruled out."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumstantial_evidence

I watch so many trials I get confused sometimes..I just watched the Doug Stewart trial and they found him guilty with NO body

I've been thinking about something. After Brad's check to Rosen bounced, did he ever consult another attorney regarding custody before Nancy turned up murdered? I don't think he did. Does anyone know of one I'm overlooking? TIA

didn't the cheque bounce for the lawyer he consulted regarding separation agreement
He wasn't even supposed to have access to that agreement...it was for Nancy's eyes only since it was a draft

Capture-5.jpg

10-29-08 SW of his home after his arrest.
Before the home was cleared.

For those that think CPD never looked for those shoes or his clothing.

<<THUD>>

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have never head about a check bounce. NC's lawyer last week on the stand said Rosen was never representing him and that she exchanged emails with people there and they said they were not representing him. She said she believed he never hired anyone because she never heard from an attorney representing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic