April 8th wknd of Sleuthing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, towards the end of the deposition he talks about charging a bunch of this on credit cards. I'm sure he'll blame the new debt on nancy once again. Had she not gone & gotten herself murdered he wouldn't have had to hire that PI and criminal team, etc. She's always running up his bills....:maddening:

And the Dr. Gould psyc exam he took it upon himself to arrange. I think that was another $12,000. And then had to have it done all over with the agreed upon dr.

with a 3 hour opening statement THERE is NO way the defense is calling any witnesses ...hope there is a time limit on closing

Kurtz already showed his hand by introducing the water bill. By doing so, he conceded the last word to the jury at closing. No doubt Kurtz will roll out a full case and trot out multiple witnesses, as well as hired telecommunications and computer experts to rebut the state's technical evidence.

Not sure what you mean.. Do you mean because of the smoke and mirrors and false accusations for 3 hours that they now have nothing else to say and no real witnesses to defend their accusations they will just be done and do a closing statement?

think he is doing it during his cross..but it is not working

And one other thing I've wanted to get off my chest:

Just because you "lawyer up" doesn't mean you still can't cooperate with the police in their investigation. Take your attorney with you and march down to the police station and say, "how can I help with this investigation. apparently we need to move this investigation from solely on me (if you think that's the case) and onto a different " Your attorney will assist you in what questions to answer or not answer. Hiring an attorney to look out for your best interests is one thing... but still refusing to answer questions or give information or sit for an interview is quite another.

think he is doing it during his cross..but it is not working

Reminds me of Scott Peterson trial.. Geragos acted like he had so much and proclaimed SP's innocence and had NOTHING for the defense and went belly up when it was his turn.

And one other thing I've wanted to get off my chest:

Just because you "lawyer up" doesn't mean you still can't cooperate with the police in their investigation. Take your attorney with you and march down to the police station and say, "how can I help with this investigation. apparently we need to move this investigation from solely on me (if you think that's the case) and onto a different " Your attorney will assist you in what questions to answer or not answer. Hiring an attorney to look out for your best interests is one thing... but still refusing to answer questions or give information or sit for an interview is quite another.

Yep! Casey Anthony all the way! Wait wrong board! hahaa! CA zipped it and got an attorney and didn't help find her kid= guilty!

Maybe I will listen to AS testimony again tomorrow.. if they play the depos again I will have time so there may be nothing knew for us to discuss tomorrow if thats the case.

Thankfully there is only like an hour of deposition left.

Reminds me of Scott Peterson trial.. Geragos acted like he had so much and proclaimed SP's innocence and had NOTHING for the defense and went belly up when it was his turn.

Well Gerragos had all those *sight* witnesses who saw Laci out walking the dog.... 'er, wait, none of those showed. But then he said he'd produce the REAL KILLER .... 'um, a big nope on that one too. You know, *sometimes* what the defense says in opening statements isn't *always* the truth. :waitasec:

So far from the defense opening statements I have seen two truths: the CPD erased the data from Nancy's phone and Brad lied. MOO

Yeah I know, in fact I initially thought it was Cummings from the back ofhis head..BUT I dont know, has his background and CV been put out there yet?
Dont recall, but then I do have Sometimers Disease..Dont ya know:floorlaugh:

Didregard my question.....I just found the link that Cheyenne posted..Me abit slow on Sunday's..LOL

LL - Yeah, I think I have that um, er, ahh, thing, too. :crosseyed: Yeah, that Sometimers Something or other.... Whatddyahcallit??:shakehead:

I so agree..MG is/was a very high profile DAttny..He didnt even consider conviction..let alone do a defense case...Yikes!!

And why would that statement to be incriminating? If he knew that, then he would have naturally said it just to help them see if the body was NC. Now if she never ran with that, then it would be different.

His response to that was just odd --

All they said was that a body had been found. "a body" --

Did he ask, "Where? Was It Nancy?" -- No he did not.

Did he ask, "Could it be my wife?" -- No, he did not.

Odd. Don't you thing the LEO's would think that a bit odd?

Maybe it's just me, but on Saturday AM, I don't get up a minute before I absolutely have to.
Especially if that is as early as 8AM.

Just catching up from this weekend.
But - if you expect someone to be at your house to paint at 8am would you really just hop out of bed at that time? Wouldn't you have the courtesy to get up before s/he was to arrive rather than roll out of bed when the doorbell was supposed to ring.
I agree that JA seems a bit flakey

Just catching up from this weekend.
But - if you expect someone to be at your house to paint at 8am would you really just hop out of bed at that time? Wouldn't you have the courtesy to get up before s/he was to arrive rather than roll out of bed when the doorbell was supposed to ring.
I agree that JA seems a bit flakey

I think the time given was "around eight". Do you think she was expecting a call from Nancy when she was on her way? That's what I was thinking anyway. It is another one of those oddities from that morning. No communications of any kind from Nancy to family or friends.

I do have to head out for the rest of the night But just feel I need to share with with you all!! It is off Topic..But really in truly I have been :floorlaugh: watching my furbaby ( ailing 13 YR old Jack Russell) who just came alive like I havent seen for years!! He caught sight of a mouse, that ran behind a huge piece of furniture and he is snorting, huffing and puffing, one end to the other..yikes backand forth back and forth, posing with one paw up..even hitting the door stop.."boiiing boinnng"..,,turning every shoe in my closet upside down..Yikes I sure wish I had a video camera..I havent seen his cute tail so curled up nor his ears so perked for years!! :shocked2::rolling::skip::clap:

Sorry, Just thought I would share that..It is just amazing to see when all Ive watched is a lumping around pooch!!

Good night, Hope to catchup in the morning..We are starting at 930AM, Correct??:eek:fftobed:

I do have to head out for the rest of the night But just feel I need to share with with you all!! It is off Topic..But really in truly I have been :floorlaugh: watching my furbaby ( ailing 13 YR old Jack Russell( who just came alive like I havent seen fo years!! He caught sight of a mouse, that ran behind a huge piece of furniture and he is snorted, huffing and puffing, one end to the other, posing with one paw up..even hitting the door stop.."boiiing boinnng..,,turning every show in my closet upside down..Yikes I sure wish I had a video camera..I havent seen his cute tail to cured up nor his ears so perked for years!! :shocked2::rolling::skip::clap:

Sorry, Just thought I would share that..It is just amazing to see when all you've watched is a lumping around pooch!!

Good night, Hope to catchup in the morning..We are starting at 930AM, Correct??:eek:fftobed:

Isn't it amazing when our fur babies do what they were bred and born to do. That's so great that at 13 he's doing what comes naturally - and being the good hunter!! Good night LL.

So far from the defense opening statements I have seen two truths: the CPD erased the data from Nancy's phone and Brad lied. MOO

personally I feel Brad rigged the cell phone so it would erase when they tried to access it

personally I feel Brad rigged the cell phone so it would erase when they tried to access it

Based on all the evidence and information, I really don't think so. The detective told the at&t rep that the phone was locked. That was the detective's word for it. The phone was actually password protected. "Locked" is something different but "locked" is something that the at&t rep understood so he gave the detective instructions for "unlocking" the phone. But the password protection was the first line of defense and that is what the detective REALLY needed instructions to bypass. So when he followed the directions to UNLOCK, he wiped the data because it is set up that way to keep people from trying to "guess" their way past the password protection. That is my honest and unbiased understanding of what happened with that phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee