GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi NowShaven and Welcome!
Ok, I am not real well versed in legal affairs, luckily, so I'm learning as I go. The fact that the defense chooses to pass on the mental eval. makes me wonder if they see it as a huge risk, knowing that the exam would be very telling in what vance is capable, or not capable for that matter, of doing, violently, to others- women in particular, and they don't want to chance it. Yet, vance says he didn't do it, seems like his lawyers aren't that confident imo.
Even though I don't have much experience with psychological exams either, is it safe to say that a personality that is capable of the level of violence involved here, would be easily recognized by the results of a mental eval?

I rented W. tonight and had forgotten that Anne was in it. I actually gasped when I realized it was her. (She really did look like Coulter!)

Such a tragedy for someone who had such a bright future ahead of her.

This is going to be a looong and drawn out trial. Lawyers will change and motions will be continued to an already overloaded court system.

Granted, this case is in Arkansas, but most second-degree murder cases in Missouri don't even go to trial for close to two years.....and this is a DP case.

Anne's case will start to fade from memory, and that is one ploy that the defense wants to happen.

If just one of us bumps this thread up once a week, and we could set up a website for her (I can get that done) we will see that this sweet young woman get's the justice she deserves.

I have to agree, YellowDog. I try and put myself in Anne's parents place, and could never know what they are going through. I don't want for them to go through any more pain than they have to, but in reality, people who live in the Little Rock area NEED to know something. There are too many rumors and they are not stopping. Believe me, I wish they would. But they are not.

Why? Why was it obvious that LE did not show a little more concern for the public, while being so committed to their 'it was random' statements. A random rapist, murderer was out there and women who didn't even believe in guns, were buying them. Sorry for the ranting. I've packed powder for over 20 years along with other personal safety devices, but I cannot explain the paranoia that was widespread through this and it pi_ _ es me off how the legal system has handled this horrible tragedy. I have personal tragedies and believe me, they never go away, but I believe in facing the truth, even if it means you have to back up and wait a little when you're stronger, but get through it.

And without a trial those rumors will never completely die. There will always be doubt in some people's minds unless the details are brought out at the trial.

Of course people that want to believe that stuff will always believe it no matter what.

Of course people that want to believe that stuff will always believe it no matter what.

Hi Carla!
I hope we do find out, through trial. Maybe not every detail, but I, personally, hope for and need just a wee bit more information. There just has not been anything released to convince me just how far off-base the public's perception has been, and I'm not that trustful of lawyers, authority, and all that.
I'm still on the fence but I sway somewhere towards the "word in the herd" because people are real and because I always felt like something else was going on.
With that being said, I know Mr. and Mrs. Cannady will not accept anything short of full justice so that's where the buck stops, for me. Cheers!....nomad

I don't WANT to believe any of the "word in the herd" - in fact, I want LE and our justice system to prove some things are not true.

Citizens who live here, I work 5 minutes from where this brutal crime happened and live about 3 miles from a person and his wife, who have been linked (by rumors) to this crime. Sorry, people have the right to know what's living in their neck of the woods. And justice should be served to ALL involved. What if someone else we don't even know about yet had something to do with this? They could still be out there. It's not a good feeling.

I don't WANT to believe any of the "word in the herd" - in fact, I want LE and our justice system to prove some things are not true.

Citizens who live here, I work 5 minutes from where this brutal crime happened and live about 3 miles from a person and his wife, who have been linked (by rumors) to this crime. Sorry, people have the right to know what's living in their neck of the woods. And justice should be served to ALL involved. What if someone else we don't even know about yet had something to do with this? They could still be out there. It's not a good feeling.

Well, Anne was the victim and so are her parents. They have lost a daughter who can never be replaced. I don't think it's necessary to know ever detail of Anne's life (her sex life and her private life). Anne deserves dignity, she doesn't deserve to have innuendo spread about her private life all over the Internet. It would be an INJUSTICE to Anne and her memory to do this. And it seems like that's all a lot of folks are interested in.

We do have a right to know if we have sex offenders and murderers among us, however, spreading innuendo about people is just wrong.

Vance is going to do ANYTHING to take the heat off of himself. And if that means spreading rumors about JT and ET, that is what is he going to do. It's wrong, and it's wrong to continue acting like what Vance says is true. DNA does NOT lie, however, rapists and murderers such as Vance (allegedly) do.

I totally agree about vance capitalizing on that stuff, how convenient for him. I in no way want to or expect to know any private matters. Anne's personal life is absolutely none of my business. I shun the stories, and am not caught up in the rumour mill. (I don't even feel comfortable typing the word rumour here) I am waiting for the facts.
In the meantime, I am careful and sensitive as I post my comments, I would never want my words to cause harm. I'm waiting for whatever else comes to light. The next time we get any news will probably be in June, so does anyone have any ideas about courtroom strategy?

I totally agree about vance capitalizing on that stuff, how convenient for him. I in no way want to or expect to know any private matters. Anne's personal life is absolutely none of my business. I shun the stories, and am not caught up in the rumour mill. (I don't even feel comfortable typing the word rumour here) I am waiting for the facts.
In the meantime, I am careful and sensitive as I post my comments, I would never want my words to cause harm. I'm waiting for whatever else comes to light. The next time we get any news will probably be in June, so does anyone have any ideas about courtroom strategy?

Nomad, in no way was my post directed at you. You have been respectful of Anne and the whole situation.

I think he will plead out to LWOP. He's not going to take a chance on getting the DP. Arkansas used the DP before the moratorium was placed on it. I'm sure it will get back in use soon. I think that part of the plea will be to drop the other rape charges he has pending. I also think that part of the plea should involve him telling about any other victims he may have hurt.

Vance is going to use anyone and anything to take the heat off of himself. It doesn't matter who the person is, he'll throw them under the bus. Personally, I think his girlfriend has some information and she needs to either give it up or face charges as an accesory before or after the fact. I am not sure exactly what she knows or doesn't know, but she knows something!

And without a trial those rumors will never completely die. There will always be doubt in some people's minds unless the details are brought out at the trial.
There will always be doubt for some folks. For some are at odds with the truth. No trial is going to fix that. JMO

Nomad, in no way was my post directed at you. You have been respectful of Anne and the whole situation.

I think he will plead out to LWOP. He's not going to take a chance on getting the DP. Arkansas used the DP before the moratorium was placed on it. I'm sure it will get back in use soon. I think that part of the plea will be to drop the other rape charges he has pending. I also think that part of the plea should involve him telling about any other victims he may have hurt.

Vance is going to use anyone and anything to take the heat off of himself. It doesn't matter who the person is, he'll throw them under the bus. Personally, I think his girlfriend has some information and she needs to either give it up or face charges as an accesory before or after the fact. I am not sure exactly what she knows or doesn't know, but she knows something!

Won't it be really complicated to have the other rape charge dropped as part of his plea agreement? The Marianna rape took place in a totally different county and is under completely different jurisdiction. I don't think this will happen. Also, if he admits to other people he hurt, that will give rise to more charges that won't just be dropped because he confessed.

I agree. Totally different jurisdictions, plus, my gosh, how would the woman from Marianna feel? He probably has hurt others OR knows people that have hurt others (I believe I read something about that, an unsolved murder in the Marianna area), which is why I want to know more about who he hung out with, in Marianna and Little Rock.

This was on the marianna topix thread early on. This particular thread has not been active lately. My bolding...

Big Snoop
Forrest City, AR
Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it! |#4 Nov 27, 2008
Judged:
This guy is a drug dealer and he has always been waked, The chick with him is the neice of Brabra Cooper Lee at Marianna Police Department, so go figure. Yes he did it and people new he had did some heavy stuff and turned heads, he used the lady charge card. He is sick. Marianna has went way down.Check out the Arkansas Sex Offender site, and you will see all the waked out fools that rape people, Look under Jonesboro also, see all of them. The police need to make public knwon sex offenders, and also these guys and woman who doing these break -ins in homes. When one comes up dead the police will look stupid. Vance will spill the beans now on who killed that temple dude. Now lets see what happens.

i said all along here IF Vance was offered a deal it would be probably not in regards to Annes case, but to clear up other things Vance was involved in. In the eyes of LE its worth, say, substituting LWP for Death to solve unsolved crimes.

Thanks Nomad! I knew I had read something about Vance being involved or knowing (i didn't want to say murder), but also, how in the he _ _ did Vance live in the same house with his girlfriend's aunt (mother's sister) who worked at the Marianna Police Department, and DIDN'T the aunt kind of notice something wasn't quite right?? I still want to know Vance's connections, people he stayed with in Little Rock. They're still out there.

i said all along here IF Vance was offered a deal it would be probably not in regards to Annes case, but to clear up other things Vance was involved in. In the eyes of LE its worth, say, substituting LWP for Death to solve unsolved crimes.

Yes, that is what I was thinking.

A plea agreement can involve multiple jurisdictions, no problem. It's been done here before. I also think the school teacher in Marianna is probably happy to know he is in jail and probably will remain there for the rest of his life. If he is found "not guilty" (that is if he goes to trial), Marianna will file the rape charges against him and whatever else they have. I don't think Vance is going to be out of jail for the rest of his natural life.

Being pretty familiar with Little Rock LE and the D.A., I don't think Vance will be able to plea out that easily. This crime is unprecedented and the victim was someone that a lot of the people involved on the LE/prosecution side, knew personally.

I believe that a plea bargain will not be on the table for him.

Being pretty familiar with Little Rock LE and the D.A., I don't think Vance will be able to plea out that easily. This crime is unprecedented and the victim was someone that a lot of the people involved on the LE/prosecution side, knew personally.

I believe that a plea bargain will not be on the table for him.

I agree. I mean at first, I was surprised, thinking what the heck are they doing, but sounds more like a move to get him to talk (more). I can't imagine him not being prosecuted to the fullest, but mistakes have been made before. Guess I've been reading the paper too much because I am beginning to think that criminals have more rights than victims and that stinks.

-- - - - but also, how in the he _ _ did Vance live in the same house with his girlfriend's aunt (mother's sister) who worked at the Marianna Police Department, and DIDN'T the aunt kind of notice something wasn't quite right?? - - - -

I don't see where Vance lived in the same house as "Brabra", just that there is an alleged kinship to Sheanika & her Mom (Valarie). Only "fact" that I can find on line is that there is a different Marianna address for a Ms. B. Cooper Lee. Anybody know more?
jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member