GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just picked up a crucial detail tidbit from a New York Times summary of the verdict and case...

Its always been asked how Vance got into Anne's house... It was speculated he went in a pet door, Anne left her back door unlocked, etc. Vance said he saw the door "wide open" which sounded weird to me...

Well in the summary it said Anne left the (bottom) of a back Dutch Door open so her dogs could go in and out. If you don't know a dutch door... its a two part door split in half across the middle so you can open the top and leave the bottom closed... or in this case, open the bottom... You would see them sometimes on a stable... with the top open a horse could stick his head out the top half...

At least that solves one mystery for me...

Carla ~
I was wondering what that type of door was. Thanks for the explanation.
I was wondering if anyone knew the time line of the crime?
I read differing accounts. 1) Ann was in bed, on the lap top when Vance came in her house and 2) She was asleep and awoke with him next to her bed.

In the overall scheme, it is not an important fact. I am just happy that this creep was found guilty and will soon face his sentencing.

I just picked up a crucial detail tidbit from a New York Times summary of the verdict and case...

Its always been asked how Vance got into Anne's house... It was speculated he went in a pet door, Anne left her back door unlocked, etc. Vance said he saw the door "wide open" which sounded weird to me...

Well in the summary it said Anne left the (bottom) of a back Dutch Door open so her dogs could go in and out. If you don't know a dutch door... its a two part door split in half across the middle so you can open the top and leave the bottom closed... or in this case, open the bottom... You would see them sometimes on a stable... with the top open a horse could stick his head out the top half...

At least that solves one mystery for me...

Thanks Carla for that information.

I am so glad this is over for Anne's family. And did you notice, we didn't hear any of the "gossip" about Anne being involved with a prominent Arkansas athlete? We didn't hear anything about how this athlete's wife supposedly ordered Vance to "hurt" Anne? No big conspiracy theories at all. Just some loser who instead of working would rather rob people! Only in Anne's case, he not only robbed her, he raped and then killed her.

I hope the jury comes back today with the DP. Vance is a waste of space and he should be dealt with accordingly. JMO.

I think you can sort of piece together what really happened through various statements Vance made. he knew he had to admit to being there... so he mixed truths in with half truths.

I was pleased that the case centered on the FACTS. There was some discussion of the rumors... mainly to just say they were just that RUMORS...

I notice that some of the active rumor mongers here in the past are now silent...

There are some minor naggy details I am not clear on (probably covered in the trial but not the news) but overall it all makes sense to me and I am "pleased" with the proceedings.

You guys see the book on Anne that KATV and her family are putting out??? I need to get one... although I don't know if I can handle it emotionally. I may buy it and just keep it until I feel strong enough again.

Some of my friends know how much this affected me... and I did not even know Anne before this happened and I saw it in the news. So I thank everyone that has been such a good friend here! I couldn't have made it without you!

Daybreak paid tribute to Anne throughout their 2hr show. So I had tears at 5 am.. They managed to hold it together but I could only imagine (that was one of the songs in Anne's video btw) how emotional they were during breaks. I cry for Ms Cannady, may God bless her...
Carla, it was good to post here with you girl. Now go get some platform boots lol

I think you can sort of piece together what really happened through various statements Vance made. he knew he had to admit to being there... so he mixed truths in with half truths.

I was pleased that the case centered on the FACTS. There was some discussion of the rumors... mainly to just say they were just that RUMORS...

I notice that some of the active rumor mongers here in the past are now silent...

There are some minor naggy details I am not clear on (probably covered in the trial but not the news) but overall it all makes sense to me and I am "pleased" with the proceedings.

You guys see the book on Anne that KATV and her family are putting out??? I need to get one... although I don't know if I can handle it emotionally. I may buy it and just keep it until I feel strong enough again.

Some of my friends know how much this affected me... and I did not even know Anne before this happened and I saw it in the news. So I thank everyone that has been such a good friend here! I couldn't have made it without you!

BBM...The silence is deafening! Thank goodness Anne wasn't put on trial!

Carla, I am honored to be your friend. You are one of the strongest people I know. Please take care of yourself. (((Hugs)))

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of her attack. I suppose a lot of people have forgotten by now, which is sad.

I still look for news...

Anne's mom is suing the hospital and doctors involved in Anne's care over security lapses...

http://www.cwarkansas.com/mostpopul...-Vincent-Hospital/fiGgFB4eZUqatnn9ndKEAQ.cspx

No one has forgotten. My family and friends and co-workers all talk about this horrible murder. Just never found it here until the other day. My prayers for her family and her friends.

If any (more)of you want to keep in touch send me a private message. Im on Facebook along with quite a few of my WS friends from this thread and others.

I am speechless..........

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=94346&catid=2

The jury gave Vance two consecutive life sentences, one for rape and one for capital murder. They gave him 20 years for residential burglary and $15,000 in restitution. They gave him 10 years for theft of property and $10,000 in restitution. The sentences are to run concurrent.

WTF what kind of pantywaist, milktoast people did they pick for this jury????????????????? If this was Texas or Florida he would be in the fryer. And if he were in China, Iran or Saudi Arabia he would be dead by now...

Im so mad I had to come back and add more!

One can only hope that in prison, Vance becomes a marked man... and sooner or later, like, say, Dahmer... justice is actually served...

WTF!!! Is this the same jury that covicted Vance in less time than it took for closing arguments?

I'm not sure if the judge has to take the jury's recommendation in AR, or if he can make those life sentences CONSECUTIVE so that piece of scum never has a chance of parole!!

I have this weird feeling a real defense attorney will grab this case for an appeal and start trying to pick apart the forensics. This is why I worry when agencies do so-so forensic work. It can come back to haunt them. Probably not popular of me to say, but it's MOO.

A death sentence could have led to a new trial, with Vance rotting in jail, it's over. Maybe he'll trade the real story for an extra peanut butter sandwich some day.

It was a cowardly performance by the jury, but there may be a (slight) upside. A death sentence would have been appealed endlessly. A life without parole sentence is more likely to stand.

Has anyone heard if Patty and Guy Cannady plan any interviews? Also, Carla you mentioned a book...do you know what it is/will be called? TIA

The book is "Making Memories: A Celebration of the Life of Anne Pressly"

http://www.katv.com/news/stories/1109/676874.html

It sounds to be very good and may provide some comfort to many of her fans and friends...

Guy Cannady did a brief interview after the LWOP decision... in which he said Vance will see justice only when he is carried out of the prison in a pine box...

This article speaks about Anne's mother and her court room reaction to the verdict. I have not read whether she will be interviewed.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,574806,00.html?sPage=fnc/us/crime

After the verdict was read, Cannady mouthed "It's OK" to prosecutor Larry Jegley, nodded, and tucked her hands over her heart. But as she left the courtroom, Cannady stopped and turned at the door. She leaned toward the defense attorneys and said, "You protected someone who should have never been protected."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bunny1998#