Found Deceased AR - Ashley Bush, 33, *31 wks pregnant, met woman online for job interview*, Maysville, 31 October 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get why “Lucy” would risk driving past the Handi Mart knowing that Ashley’s fiancé was waiting there to pick her up. Why risk being seen? Why not take a different route?

I wish we’d get more information - some of the story doesn’t seem to fit.

Right, that makes no sense. If you were kidnapping someone, wouldn't you want to avoid like the plague being seen by their loved ones in the midst of said kidnapping?

How far was this supposed interview from where "Lucy" picked her up? Why was this an all day affair? Unless the two towns are hours away from one another, I imagine the fiancé would have started to get nervous when hours go by and his 8 month pregnant fiancé hasn't returned, right?

What a perplexing situation.

This is another interview with the fiance that gives a few more details.

5NEWS spoke with Josh Willis, the fiancé of Bush, who says the mother of three, soon to be four, had complications in her pregnancy.
"With Ashley being pregnant, she has been having complications with this pregnancy and the doctor took her off work," he said.
Willis says that's when Bush started looking for a work-from-home job in a Facebook group for moms.

According to Willis, Bush met "Lucy" in the Facebook group who said she had a job for her and requested they have a first interview at the Gravette library. On Friday, Oct. 28, Bush and Willis met with "Lucy" at the library. During that meeting, Bush says "Lucy" mentioned she had baby supplies she could give the family.

He says he felt uneasy about the situation.

"She handed Ashley a bunch of paperwork, that they would email her and told her to wait for the boss to contact her for another interview."

The next steps, according to Willis, were for Bush to travel with "Lucy" to Bentonville for an interview with the boss. He says he dropped his wife off Monday morning and then went to pick her up at around 3 p.m. at the Handi-Mart in Maysville.

Willis says he tried following the truck but lost it heading north on Hwy. 43. He and his family quickly started searching for Bush.
"We tried all night long texting her, calling her, trying to get her to answer," he said.

On Tuesday, Oct. 31, the family was able to ping and locate Bush's phone. Willis says it was found in a ditch about a half mile away from the location he last saw her in Maysville.

More (and the video) at the link.

Three children and the fourth on the way, whoa! I am sure that dad does "need her back". JMO

Imo they were likely in a tough spot financially, and maybe this was a situation they oftentimes found themselves in. And now they will have another mouth to feed, body to clothe, etc. I'm sure that must have been a stressful situation for dad (and Ashley too, of course).

Last edited:
If this is a neonatal kidnapping, hopefully it's in the captor's interest to keep Ashley alive until she goes into labor naturally.

Perhaps "Lucy" circled back, intending to destroy Ashley's phone --

IMO "Lucy" wants a baby or is in the business of procuring babies.

Lured Ashley with the generosity of baby clothes, help getting a work-from-home job...the appearance of kindness, safety.

I hope LE is bringing all resources to bear here --

JMO

5NEWS spoke with Josh Willis, the fiancé of Bush, who says the mother of three, soon to be four, had complications in her pregnancy.
"With Ashley being pregnant, she has been having complications with this pregnancy and the doctor took her off work," he said.
Willis says that's when Bush started looking for a work-from-home job in a Facebook group for moms.

According to Willis, Bush met "Lucy" in the Facebook group who said she had a job for her and requested they have a first interview at the Gravette library. On Friday, Oct. 28, Bush and Willis met with "Lucy" at the library. During that meeting, Bush says "Lucy" mentioned she had baby supplies she could give the family.

"She handed Ashley a bunch of paperwork, that they would email her and told her to wait for the boss to contact her for another interview."

The next steps, according to Willis, were for Bush to travel with "Lucy" to Bentonville for an interview with the boss. He says he dropped his wife off Monday morning and then went to pick her up at around 3 p.m. at the Handi-Mart in Maysville.

Willis says he tried following the truck but lost it heading north on Hwy. 43. He and his family quickly started searching for Bush.
"We tried all night long texting her, calling her, trying to get her to answer," he said.

On Tuesday, Oct. 31, the family was able to ping and locate Bush's phone. Willis says it was found in a ditch about a half mile away from the location he last saw her in Maysville.

I guess a question I think has very important implications is -- did Willis want to or offer to drive to the interview with Lucy's boss? If so, was this shut down by Lucy, or was she insistent from the get go that Ashley had to ride with her?

Also, is it possible a baby could survive outside of the womb without hospital/medical intervention at 31 weeks? She's 33 years old which kind of lends itself to higher chance of complications and difficulties during a pregnancy.

So depending on when morning drop off was and 3 pm. It could have six plus hours. Was Ashley even in the vehicle when fiance saw Lucy drive by in the truck?

Not feeling good about this. Fiancé story does make mote sense now though, IMO.

Another interview with Fiancé

1st Oct.

Reporter - Missing for more than 24 hours. Tonight the fiancé of a missing pregnant woman is pleading for answers. 33 yr. old Ashley Boone is 31 weeks pregnant, now missing from Benton County. Investigators believe she may be with a woman she met online hoping to help her with a new job.

Fiancé - All she keeps asking for is her mum (has little girl in his arms).

Reporter - Boone is the mother of three, soon to be four children. She is now missing.

Fiancé - I kept telling her I didn't think she should go. Something wasn't right.

Reporter - The Benton County Sheriff's Office says Boone met with a woman online who called herself Lucy.

Fiancé - With Ashley being pregnant, she's been having complications on this pregnancy and the doctor took off of work.

Reporter - Boone was hoping to land a new job working from home.

Fiancé - She started getting on her work from home mum groups to try to find help. Well, Lucy was on one of the mum groups, and told her 'I have a job for you'.

Reporter - Her fiancé, Josh Willis, told us he too had met Lucy during the first interview at a Public Library last Friday.

Fiancé - She just handed Ashley a bunch of paperwork and told her to that they were going to e-mail her and wait for the boss to contact her for another interview.

Reporter - On Monday morning. Willis tells us he dropped his girlfriend off to go with Lucy to Bentonville for a second interview. When Willis came to pick up his girlfriend at the Handi-Mart in Maysville around 3:00 o'clock he saw Lucy driving an older style tan pickup. He says she didn't stop, instead speeding off.

Fiancé - All I saw was her and the lady she rode with.. both past me and neither one of them stopped. The woman that she was riding with, the driver, looked right at me and kept going.

Reporter - Willis said he tried catching up. The fiancé and his family quickly started searching.

Fiancé - All night long, calling her, texting her, everything, trying to get her to answer.

Reporter - And looking into the company Lucy allegedly worked for..

Fiancé - Come to find out, also, today, the company that Ashley was supposed to work for doesn't even know the lady she was with. They are based out of New Jersey.

Reporter - According to Willis, they were able to ping her phone on Tuesday. It showed to be 1/2 mile away.

Fiancé - We located her phone. It had been thrown out of the vehicle she was in.

Reporter - Now the family is looking for answers.

Fiancé - And to whoever's got her, just please let her go. We don't have much. We've got.. all we've got is our family, that's all we've got. We just want her home.

Reporter - As for what happened, Willis says he's holding out hope and says he's concerned for his girlfriend's well-being.

Fiancé - I think, it's my opinion, I think she offered Ashley money for the baby and Ashley turned her down.

Reporter - But Willis continues to hope for the best for his girlfriend and unborn baby.

Fiancé - If you see her, please, contact your local PD immediately to get her home safely for her kids to actually be able to hold her again.

Reporter - (describes Ashley and what she was wearing). We reached out to the Sheriff's Office for an interview for more about this case. As for tonight, they tell us the investigation is underway and more could be released sometime tomorrow.

Was Ashley in the vehicle with "Lucy" when Lucy looked straight at JW before Lucy headed north on Hwy 43? Or was Lucy alone? Perhaps I missed something but I've not seen anything that indicates Ashley was in the vehicle with Lucy?

Edit: Did find my answer upon reading more carefully - JW did see Ashley in the vehicle with "Lucy" before they turned north on Hwy 43.

Okay, so this "Lucy" got back with Ahley to Maysville, let herself to be seen again by Ashley's fiance, and then threw Ashley's phone a half mile away from Maysville. She could easily kidnap Ashley earlier and dump her phone far, far away. This story is weird.

This is what it sounds like to me:

Ashley met “Lucy” online at some point about a job. She scheduled an interview.

This is where things would get sketchy to me. It sounds like “Lucy” wanted to pick up Ashley instead of Ashley going to the supposed place of business in Bentonville. So Ashley agrees to meet her at the Handi-Mart (a busy place hopefully with cams) and is probably taken there by a third party (her ride).

The article only states that Ashley was picked up by “Lucy” at the Handi-Mart. So we can assume that Ashley either walked there, was dropped off there by the same third party she texted later in the day to pick her up or was dropped off by a different person. MOO is that she was dropped off in the morning by the same third party that she texted later in the evening to pick her up. That is pure speculation of course.

“Lucy” arrives at the Handi-Mart and Ashley gets into her tan pickup truck.

At around 3pm Ashley texts the third party (her ride) and tells them that she is in Gravette and is on the way to the Handi-Mart.

This is what I am speculating based on the article which isn’t really clear on this. It sounds like the third party (her ride) made it to the Handi-Mart and was waiting. The third party (her ride) saw the tan pickup truck at the intersection near the Handi-Mart (and/or the whole thing was caught on CCTV). Instead of the pickup truck pulling into the store parking lot it bypassed the Handi-Mart turned north onto Highway 43 and continued traveling north.

The article states that “Lucy” and Ashley were in the tan pickup when it bypassed the Handi-Mart. The third party (her ride) must have seen Ashley in the vehicle or perhaps they (LE) have CCTV showing her in the vehicle.

I am hoping LE has accessed Ashley’s computers, devices, social media and cloud to see who she was speaking with and try to track that person down. Most likely the “Lucy” she spoke with was an alias. They also have the description of the vehicle and hopefully they have CCTV showing tag numbers.

This was a brazen abduction. They made Ashley feel secure all the way to the moment she was to be dropped off. The fact that she’s 31 weeks pregnant only makes this abduction more scary. Hopefully LE will be able to find her before something terrible happens.

I try to cement this into the minds of all the people I know. If you have that weird feeling in the back of your mind about something or that creepy sensation that something just isn’t right TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS. They can save your life.

Ashley seemingly had some doubt about this meetup. What leads me to think this is that she seemingly didn’t want “Lucy” to pick her up from her home she wanted to meet “Lucy” in a crowded open place (where hopefully there were cams). Ashley most likely brought a third party with her and didn’t drive herself (true she may not have had access to a vehicle or had no license). From what it sounds like the third party stayed with Ashley until “Lucy” showed up (perhaps this is where the description of “Lucy” and truck comes from). Why didn’t “Lucy” have Ashley meet her at the supposed place of business in Bentonville? Why did “Lucy” want to pick her up? Why did “Lucy” wait until they got to the turn off to the Handi-Mart to make her move? To make Ashley feel more secure? To make sure she didn’t text anyone that she was being abducted? Perhaps it took that long to get Ashleys phone away from her. Lots of questions and few answers. Of course LE can’t tell us everything.

As I was writing this and speculating I also wondered what if Ashley had a medical emergency. What if her water broke or she was in some kind of distress and ”Lucy” just bypassed the store and took her straight to the hospital. The reason I think that this is unlikely is that Ashley had her phone with her. No one has received a text or call from Ashley. If it was a medical emergency “Lucy” could have used Ashley’s phone to call someone on her last called list. If the phone was password protected and Ashley was unable to speak to give “Lucy” the password then maybe…but “Lucy” knew someone was in that parking lot waiting for Ashley. She could have quickly driven in and said ‘there’s a medical emergency follow me’. Plus I’m sure that family and LE have contacted all the local hospitals to see if any person came in that fit Ashleys description.

Since she had her phone LE at least has a map of where they went before the abduction and hopefully where the phone ended up afterwards.

This is of course all my own speculation and MOO.
Why didn't her ride start following them? MOO.

Okay, so this "Lucy" got back with Ahley to Maysville, let herself to be seen again by Ashley's fiance, and then threw Ashley's phone a half mile away from Maysville. She could easily kidnap Ashley earlier and dump her phone far, far away. This story is weird.
Totally weird! I don't understand driving back to Maysville and being seen by the fiance. This one has me scratching my head.

I don't understand the whole phone being found part unless Ashley was somehow forced to throw it out the window or perhaps she had left a clue on it somehow?
Since her fiance met this Lucy woman I am assuming he can provide a physical description and LE can update with a sketch.
Maybe they had "Find my phone"?

I'm not familiar the Handi Mart. Is that similar to something like a 7-11? If so there should be video of this meeting. Those types of businesses have all kinds of survalience.
There is likely CCTV recording of this incident happening or Bush and "Lucy" interacting. It would be unusual if there wasn't - this happened in broad daylight in the vicinity of other people and cameras.

I don’t get why “Lucy” would risk driving past the Handi Mart knowing that Ashley’s fiancé was waiting there to pick her up. Why risk being seen? Why not take a different route?

I wish we’d get more information - some of the story doesn’t seem to fit.
Maybe "Lucy" was chickening out on her plan to kidnap Ashley, or didn't want to alarm her on the drive back, but then made her move at the last minute deciding not to stop? Just MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz