GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I saw Carl’s post. I wanted to ask questions but I knew it would be insensitive. So let me ask y’all.
Is this a thing? A prisoner can admit to murder, get sentenced to 30 years and the apply for clemency? What in the world?

Do any of you remember when CL list her next of kin as Lynn Espejo (sp?). Lynn was sent to prison about a year ago for stealing money from a her former employer. SMH

"Is this a thing? A prisoner can admit to murder, get sentenced to 30 years and the apply for clemency?"

Actually, there's nothing all that odd about someone asking for clemency who did a crime. By its very nature, "clemency" is a request to be given reduced punishment for something that the court determined you did, and in a way, clemency is just an exaggerated form of parole, where the person that's convicted is being allowed to serve less time than the trial verdict says. The Arkansas Parole Board will be the ones to decide. In fact, some of the worst criminals sometimes are granted clemency here or there, typically after serving many years and then being terminally ill and about to die.

Yes, at times clemency is also used to free a person with a questionable conviction, but usually those situations are resolved by a new trial or a pardon rather than clemency.

IMO This isn't a big deal, really, as the only oddity in it is making such a request so soon after being convicted of being a part of a murder plot.

But it's no big deal for them to be making a decision, because they have no choice. When she asks, even if it's a ridiculous ask, someone has to make a decision. But I can't imagine it will get any real consideration. She helped kill someone, in a cold brutal crime, and has barely served any time at all. The board officials didn't get their jobs by being naive idiots.

Thinking of beautiful Beverly today, right out of the blue! I hope that her family is doing well.
I almost don’t even want to look up the status on her killers, but I probably will.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
california_girl
Back