GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
jstkiddn, Holy Hannah! Did you read through all those comments? At least four women said they were contacted by AL through the dating website and one even had a scheduled date with him. She stood him up because she had her grandchildren. That troll was trolling like it was his full-time job.

And maybe it was.... I mean if we put together the mini spy-cams from cajun's eBay, (linked above) the "rumor" that he repeatedly took "provocative" compromising videos of women to use as blackmail tools.... (Linked above) The past history of blackmail / extortion techniques (well, hey, it is a tight job market...). Add those up with the "rich broker" comment --and maybe his mark was any woman he perceived might herself, or her spouse, be wiling to cough up some cash to squelch release of a tawdry video of themselves. Add in the 'site that cannot be named' as the lure, and you've got a perfect storm for that part of the crime anyways. Maybe this was one of ALs part time jobs - along with his credit card scams, basic store robberies and assorted other con schemes. He may have lured them in using the STCNBN as bait and pre-qualified customers - based on estimated access to wealth of the victim or their loved ones. Seems a higher risk gig than stealing store goods but has a higher reward too... Also seems kind of dumb though.. If he was in fact doing this, he'd have to bank on the parties not turning him in or reporting him out of embarrassment and the need to keep the video under wrap i guess. Not sure what his plan was with the videos, if that story is true. Because the whole plan backfires if he gets someone who doesn't care and won't play after the blackmail attempt. Then his goose would be cooked if he got turned in!

Thinking out loud, continuing that train of thought...trying to think like AL, it's not easy!

--But the only way that above plan could work consistently would be to choose women of a certain reputation or public image who would be guaranteed to do (or pay) whatever it takes to keep that sort of video out of view... It wouldn't work with just any woman responding to a site that cannot be named... ;) So if he was up to that reported blackmailing scam, he would have to chose and vet his targets well. Very risky business. (All just my opinion based on above links )

Even the "May I borrow your drill?" on Friday night would fit into this scenario... IF he was unaware still that anything had gone amiss and thinking Beverly was still alive and well, he may have been intending to mount the mini spy camera at the designated locale that Friday and thought he'd borrow a drill instead of steal one! Then WHAT happened on that big blank hole of Saturday? Becaus by Sunday morning he was all weirded out no question, and previously was reportedly pretty calm.

Sunday he's driving like a banshee, running his car into embankments unprovoked, escaping from the hospital, stealing a dump truck. Sunday - he knows what's up.

Thinking out loud, continuing that train of thought...trying to think like AL, it's not easy!

--But the only way that above plan could work consistently would be to choose women of a certain reputation or public image who would be guaranteed to do (or pay) whatever it takes to keep that sort of video out of view... It wouldn't work with just any woman responding to a site that cannot be named... ;) So if he was up to that reported blackmailing scam, he would have to chose and vet his targets well. Very risky business. (All just my opinion based on above links )

You know, he also possibly banked on the fact the police dont take it very seriously! TKL absolutely DID call the police after his extortion attempt on him, and they seemingly did nothing! Even with his past and the fact that he was in the home with TKL's child, they still didnt take it very seriously. Maybe he found a crime that even when reported, can be pulled off without much heat. I have this sneaking suspicion that someone else close to Arron and Crystal also got by with a crime by possibly blackmailing/ holding something over the heads of the accusers. Just my opinion!!!!

You know, he also possibly banked on the fact the police dont take it very seriously! TKL absolutely DID call the police after his extortion attempt on him, and they seemingly did nothing! Even with his past and the fact that he was in the home with TKL's child, they still didnt take it very seriously. Maybe he found a crime that even when reported, can be pulled off without much heat. I have this sneaking suspicion that someone else close to Arron and Crystal also got by with a crime by possibly blackmailing/ holding something over the heads of the accusers. Just my opinion!!!!

I'm not clear what you mean by the last line above? "holding something over the heads of the accusers" But understand if you can't elaborate! Just not sure what you're saying there.
And that's right TKL did say he notified LE and nada. There are several "opportunities" in this kind of blackmail. Like he already used it, one is in a custody case, to make the mother/guardian look unfit and offer it for cash to the other party seeking custody.

Another might be in a business association like we see in politics where a persons professional reputation would be destroyed so they're highly likely to pay any amount to stop it from leaking.

And also plain blackmail in a marriage or divorce situation : where a lot of assets are at stake in a state with fault laws in divorce.

Then simple revenge. Many avenues those videos could travel if he was doing what they claim...

And maybe it was.... I mean if we put together the mini spy-cams from cajun's eBay, (linked above) the "rumor" that he repeatedly took "provocative" compromising videos of women to use as blackmail tools.... (Linked above) The past history of blackmail / extortion techniques (well, hey, it is a tight job market...). Add those up with the "rich broker" comment --and maybe his mark was any woman he perceived might herself, or her spouse, be wiling to cough up some cash to squelch release of a tawdry video of themselves. Add in the 'site that cannot be named' as the lure, and you've got a perfect storm for that part of the crime anyways. Maybe this was one of ALs part time jobs - along with his credit card scams, basic store robberies and assorted other con schemes. He may have lured them in using the STCNBN as bait and pre-qualified customers - based on estimated access to wealth of the victim or their loved ones. Seems a higher risk gig than stealing store goods but has a higher reward too... Also seems kind of dumb though.. If he was in fact doing this, he'd have to bank on the parties not turning him in or reporting him out of embarrassment and the need to keep the video under wrap i guess. Not sure what his plan was with the videos, if that story is true. Because the whole plan backfires if he gets someone who doesn't care and won't play after the blackmail attempt. Then his goose would be cooked if he got turned in!

Yeah...and...all of this was going on unbeknownst to the other adult in the household. Really??? I ain't buying it! (that nobody else knew!)

Even the "May I borrow your drill?" on Friday night would fit into this scenario... IF he was unaware still that anything had gone amiss and thinking Beverly was still alive and well, he may have been intending to mount the mini spy camera at the designated locale that Friday and thought he'd borrow a drill instead of steal one! Then WHAT happened on that big blank hole of Saturday? Becaus by Sunday morning he was all weirded out no question, and previously was reportedly pretty calm.

Sunday he's driving like a banshee, running his car into embankments unprovoked, escaping from the hospital, stealing a dump truck. Sunday - he knows what's up.

And the next day jumping out of windows! LOL!

TKL, it was reported to us that Crystal had family in law enforcement. Can you say whether this is so or not? Thanks in advance.

TKL, it was reported to us that Crystal had family in law enforcement. Can you say whether this is so or not? Thanks in advance.
That is true however they are retired and have been for a wile.

I just can't get on board with the blackmail theory. Most people finding their loved one missing are not going to be worried about being embarrassed. jmo

Do you guys think the situation during his move tomorrow will be one where the reporters are close enough to yell out questions? Because we all know he won't be able to keep his mouth shut. Lol

Do you guys think the situation during his move tomorrow will be one where the reporters are close enough to yell out questions? Because we all know he won't be able to keep his mouth shut. Lol

I would think after the whole tv interview situation and people losing their jobs for it that they will try to shuttle him out some back door with no leaks as to when he's going...but hungry reporters might just camp out around the place in anticipation. But I can't imagine they would make it easy for the press this time around. We shall see. It's like a new game show...Who Is AL Going To Sue Tomorrow?

How did you find out he was moving? Has there been any word on when trial might start?

It's on court connect. Someone has it linked somewhere. Tomorrow is transport day to take him for his mental evaluation at the state hospital.

I just can't get on board with the blackmail theory. Most people finding their loved one missing are not going to be worried about being embarrassed. jmo

I think that perhaps these two weren't bright enough to realized that. Not saying I believe or disbelieve that theory, could be. But I think that the way they seemed to think, they may have not thought about what most people would do.

From the Arkansas state hosp website:

The Forensic Service area is comprised of four 24-bed adult units whose mission is to assess and treat individuals with mental illness who have allegedly committed a crime, and to consult with the Court of Record and Law Enforcement.* All persons treated on Forensic Services have been court-ordered for either an evaluation or treatment secondary to the legal charges they have received.

Does anyone know how these evaluations work? Is it just a one day thing, or will he likely stay a couple of days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseR