GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to say that most of y'all have missed your calling. ( unless you actually are investigators for the FBI)
Y'all can come up with some pretty interesting stuff.

I want to ask your thoughts about a small detail that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere. However, I want to make one last comment on
why the value of BC's estate is important. AL KIDNAPPED HER FOR A RANSOM.

Now back to the small detail....CL was charged with theft by receiving. Do we know for a fact it was just the phone?

There was a random comment here once about (diamond?) earrings, but I've never been clear if it was a hypothetical or if there was more to it.

In my opinion, I do not see AL leaving jewelry if BC happened to be wearing any of value.

There was a random comment here once about (diamond?) earrings, but I've never been clear if it was a hypothetical or if there was more to it.

In my opinion, I do not see AL leaving jewelry if BC happened to be wearing any of value.

I haven't seen anything about jewelry but that was my thought. I wonder it he came home with BC's jewelry on Thursday night and
gave it to CL. Or maybe he asked her to pawn it. Just a thought.

I'll have to say that most of y'all have missed your calling. ( unless you actually are investigators for the FBI)

I want to ask your thoughts about a small detail that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere. However, I want to make one last comment on

Now back to the small detail....CL was charged with theft by receiving. Do we know for a fact it was just the phone?
VI1 stated that it was for BC phone. That is all I know and CL told her this info. I would see no reason that she would have lied about it.

I believe it was only hypothetical.

VI1 stated that it was for BC phone. That is all I know and CL told her this info. I would see no reason that she would have lied about it.

The problem here is that the information came from CL. There has been no other information about what those charges were for so it could have been the phone, it could have been something else, it could have been many things, it could have been one. Unless we fully believe CL, we just don't know.

When the aunt went and picked up the daughter from the police station (the day CL was arrested for the TBR charge) She briefly spoke with a detective who stated that BCs phone was found in CLs home.... He did not mention anything besides the phone. Doesn't mean that there *might not have been other things of BCs found in the home.... But he only mentioned the phone.

The problem here is that the information came from CL. There has been no other information about what those charges were for so it could have been the phone, it could have been something else, it could have been many things, it could have been one. Unless we fully believe CL, we just don't know.
I tended to believe it, because we know she was arrested for having something of BC that was related to the case, and a value of under $500, so it just seemed reasonable.

Beverly's actual financial status and Beverly's perceived status by Arron and Crystal are very different issues. They did not look in her account to see what she had, so no! In my opinion, Beverly's personal finances do not have anything to do with it. I do not believe that a victim should be sleuthed in the same way as two accused murderers and kidnappers. I find the last page of posts HIGHLY HIGHLY offensive and it feels like victim shredding, to me. I'm ok with a respectful sleuthing of her and documents that are being filed, but I am not okay saying it is ok to sleuth her just like the people in prison. She was killed while she was working. She had a car, a home, was raising a child. She asked for no handouts. She didnt need money from anyone but herself. It does not say she was kidnapped for ransom. It said it is an option. BUT, even if she was kidnapped for ransom, so what?? Does her actual finances or knowledge of her bank account amount by this board change that? They did it! They "thought" she had money. If she did or not is not of importance. This is my opinion, but this road of tearing Beverly apart is not okay. It's not. It's hurtful and harmful to a family who has been through entirely too much already.

When the aunt went and picked up the daughter from the police station (the day CL was arrested for the TBR charge) She briefly spoke with a detective who stated that BCs phone was found in CLs home.... He did not mention anything besides the phone. Doesn't mean that there *might not have been other things of BCs found in the home.... But he only mentioned the phone.

Thank you for sharing that, Butler321, your input is appreciated. I do believe what you say and this post is meant as no disrespect, but should LE/detective have even been mentioning anything about the case; let alone, something so crucial to the case such as the murdered victim's telephone being found in the home? IMO, details like that should've never been released, but again, it's JMO, but again, thanks for sharing. :)

I don't believe VI1 lied about what Crystal told her, but I do believe it possible that Crystal lied to VI1 in saying the phone was the reason for the theft by receiving charge, and that Crystal didn't know the phone was in the house until LE discovered it.

Yes it was just for the phone and verified by Rick Holliman on the stand during the custody testimony.

Thank you for sharing that, Butler321, your input is appreciated. I do believe what you say and this post is meant as no disrespect, but should LE/detective have even been mentioning anything about the case; let alone, something so crucial to the case such as the murdered victim's telephone being found in the home? IMO, details like that should've never been released, but again, it's JMO, but again, thanks for sharing. :)

When the detective called CLs ex that morning the only thing he was told was that CL would be arrested that day. Until the aunt showed up to get the daughter no one on this side of the family knew what her charges were. So when the aunt arrived to pick up the daughter a detective met the aunt at the front desk and the FIRST THING THE AUNT said was "What was she arrested for?" He briefly explained the TBR charge and that is was related to BCs phone being in the house. The aunt then asked the detective if "he believed CL was involved in BC disspaearance" and the detective replied that "we are still unsure." And that was the extent of the conversaition.

Weather he should or shouldn't have...who knows. The actual charges are public record, and apparently when the police exacute a search warrent on someone's house they leave a list of items taken...like a receipt, and BCs phone was lsited on that receipt...so it wasn't really like a big secret.

And I could go on and on. My point being, why should Beverly's life be scrutinized?

To be very honest? I think there has been such a lack of information on this case with LE holding their cards very close to their chest and it just gives people something to talk about.

Plus, the biggest thing we know NOTHING about is motive. We are all here throwing around every wild theory we can conjure up and there's been so much "free time" without any concrete facts released that it's not all that surprising that the theories have run the gamut. One of the theories is kidnapping for ransom and right or wrong, her financial status plays a part in that theory, so it's only natural that the conversation went that direction.

I don't think anyone meant any disrespect. :shrug:

To be very honest? I think there has been such a lack of information on this case with LE holding their cards very close to their chest and it just gives people something to talk about.

Plus, the biggest thing we know NOTHING about is motive. We are all here throwing around every wild theory we can conjure up and there's been so much "free time" without any concrete facts released that it's not all that surprising that the theories have run the gamut. One of the theories is kidnapping for ransom and right or wrong, her financial status plays a part in that theory, so it's only natural that the conversation went that direction.

I don't think anyone meant any disrespect. :shrug:

I disagree that there's been a lack of information released. Has everything been released? No, but we know a heck of a lot more than, say, in the case of the kidnapped and murdered baby Eliza, for example! It's all relative.

IMO

Do you think AL will change his mind about the insanity defense? (I would, to save my own butt, but he doesn't seem to think the way most people do.)

If he goes with insanity (or vice versa), how might that influence CL's defense? Seems like her attorneys believe it will have some impact since they asked that her next hearing be scheduled for the day his psych eval results are presented, afterwards, I assume.

Do you think AL will change his mind about the insanity defense? (I would, to save my own butt, but he doesn't seem to think the way most people do.)

If he goes with insanity (or vice versa), how might that influence CL's defense? Seems like her attorneys believe it will have some impact since they asked that her next hearing be scheduled for the day his psych eval results are presented, afterwards, I assume.
That is a good question. Is the decision made solely on the evaluation, or do they take other things into consideration? Such as, all these petitions he is filing. I guess depending on who is deciding he could seem really intelligent or really crazy.

Also, he is obviously hoping for another settlement, so does that mean he thinks that he will beat these charges?

First I will confess, I have never followed a case where NG by reason of mental defect, that I know of. I have read some true crime books on and my standards they were all crazy....

Is the "insanity" part suppose to be at the time the crime took place? I went back and found this article, in part:

<snip>
Lewis will be tested to see whether he is competent to assist his lawyer and whether he was suffering from mental illness or from brain damage when Carter was killed in September.

The process of scheduling and undergoing such an evaluation, which requires doctors to interview the defendant and possibly his friends, relatives and even prison guards who monitor him, plus review his criminal and medical files, typically takes four to six months but could be longer.

Mental evaluations are a common procedure in murder cases, with most defendants cleared to stand trial. A finding of mental illness or brain damage does not automatically preclude a defendant from standing trial.

But determining whether the defendant is competent can take even longer if his lawyer decides to dispute a State Hospital finding that the defendant is fit for trial.

The judge set a Feb. 26 hearing for a report on the progress of the process. http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2014/dec/04/suspect-to-get-mental-test-20141204/

JMHO, I am thinking the mental defect would come more in play on sentencing especially if Death Penalty is on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member