Found Safe AR - Bill Parker, adult, house burned down, Fort Smith, 18 Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Morgan Nick Foundation

Morgan Nick Foundation shared a post on Aug 12.

Days like this will put tears in your eyes and throat

Multiple siblings, cousins, nieces, friends, and the Fort Smith Police Department all came to our office today to outline new strategies in the search for Bill Parker who has been missing since February 19, 2020. Bill’s house in Ft Smith burned down the night of Feb 19. No remains were found for Bill or his little dog, and Bill nor his dog have been seen since. With the incredible help of Cindy Williams and Time Striping, Inc we were able to place window wraps on the family’s vehicles. Hundreds of new posters are being put up today across Arkansas. We are so thankful we were able to spend the day with this incredible family ♥️
#MissingAdultsMatter #ParkerStrong

Once again it feels like LE doesn't put any priority on missing poor people. Like that Disney star who was killed and was found in his house years later Dennis Day. I still think if he was rich and/or not gay he would have been found a lot sooner.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Circumstances of Disappearance
House burned down at 3 am. Haven't seen or heard from him since. Another house burned down a block away at the exact same time. Fire was en route to the other fire when they saw my brothers house on fire and requested another unit. No body found in the fire.

Transportation Notes
vehicle was left at residence when house burned down and he never came back for it

Someone HAS to know something. We have to find him. We miss him and love him very much. PD isnt doing anything to help find him anymore and we have looked on foot so much. We just dont know.

@Mparker Hi there, I don't know your brother, am hoping someone will come forward and give you details or info of some kind that help you find answers about what happened at that house.
I can't believe that LE isn't more involved in a search for Bill and his pup. Two fires the same night in the early morning hours ????
Do you know if the FD had investigated the cause of these fires ? Very strange isn't it ?MOO

It would seem pretty obvious this needs to be looked into very well ! Do they often have 2 fires that close together ? Just makes me wonder why he authorities don't see what a lot of us do !?!?@Mparker do you have any idea how this case is being investigated at this time ? And Thanks very much in advance.
My younger brother passed away at home in his bed. There was never a cause of death determined. Hurts my heart every day .MOO

I don't trust my mapping skills, but if I did it correctly, these houses are not very close to one another. MOO

8d6a2809-3798-4b53-ada7-c29b2e29eb7d_750x422.png

Crews Respond To Multiple Fires In Fort Smith | 5newsonline.com
Published: 8:12 AM CST February 19, 2020
Updated: 8:12 AM CST February 19, 2020
  • first fire started at 1211 North 6th Street. - one woman treated for smoke inhalation
  • second house fire was spotted on North 37th street near the intersection of Grand Avenue. - Bill's house
Fort Smith police search for missing man after house fire | KNWA FOX24
Posted: Feb 24, 2020 / 08:38 PM CST / Updated: Feb 24, 2020 / 08:38 PM CST

Police searching for Fort Smith man not seen since his home caught fire | 5newsonline.com
Published: 4:54 PM CST February 25, 2020
Updated: 4:54 PM CST February 25, 2020

Good info. that narrows it down a bit more. Based on that, the house would be 1006 N 37th St - the corner of Grand and N 37th. Google Map street view shows an empty lot. Grand Avenue seems like a major road, with a church, several businesses, and the University of Arkansas - Fort Smith nearby/immediate area. Since Bill's truck was still at the property, I could see a scenario where someone driving by could have offered Bill a ride.

My question is: what happened with the property itself? Who cleaned up the area/demolished the home? (Assuming that it was a total loss.) Would/could the city have done that? Would control have gone to a family member? Would there have been probate or some related process if Bill couldn't be located within some period of time?

The news articles also list him as being age 56, so born around 1964. 15 years ago would have been 2005, when housing was booming. Some nearby properties literally did not increase in value - two properties sold in 2006-2007 47K and then sold again in 2018 for the same price of 47K. A third property sold in 2013 for 55K and then again in 2017 for 55K.

There's so little information.

I believe 1006 N 37th Street is now and has been a vacant lot.
News reports put the fire in the 1100 block of N 37th. I think it's more likely to be 1123, especially compared to the picture above of the house fire.
If this is the correct property, it would appear Mr. Parker was a renter and not the home owner.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice
Back