AR AR- Brenda Goza, 21, infant son, Clarksville, 07 Dec 1975

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am! Her husband is my uncle and so she was my aunt. I was not born yet, but her maiden name was Gibson. I actually ended up marrying one of her cousins and we both told these bizarre stories and it turned out to be the same story. One was me talking about my uncle’s wife and son disappearing in the middle of the night. The other side was their cousin disappearing in the middle of the night.
So her son is also missing? I wonder why he's not in NAMUS...

So her son is also missing? I wonder why he's not in NAMUS...
On the Charley project it says that it’s unknown if he was ever located. If he was then he was an adult and we have never had contact with him because he’s choosing not to. He’d be about 50. I just know because my oldest sister was born just a few days after they went missing.

I
I'm not sure if this has any validity to it, but Brenda Sue's maiden name might be Gibson. It's in the comment section of this FB post. Johnson County Sheriff's Office, Arkansas
And this case has never been closed. Be had her declared dead years later so he could marry again. The family talks about it when the police come asking questions because it’s ongoing. We talk about it amongst ourselves once in awhile. This was 48 yrs ago. We don’t just go talking around town about it. That really tears him up not knowing what happened to his wife and son.

I know the current Gozas. I only heard about the first Brenda because I’ve lived in the same town all my life. I recently searched online to find what was known about her disappearance. The current Gozas never speak anything of it, to my knowledge.
Usually only when the police ask both families questions. This case has never been closed. It’s been over 48 yrs and it still hurts him to talk about it. He doesn’t know what happened to his wife let alone his first born child.

Brenda Goza in Clarksville, Ar, living there currently is not the same Brenda, although she is married to the same man that the missing Brenda Goza was married to.
As I said on another comment….this was my first Aunt Brenda years before I was born. I have another Aunt Brenda on the other side of the family and an “aunt Brenda@ that’s an in-law. I also work with a Brenda. ALL the same town. Very common name here.

Hi welcome to Websleuths!
Sounds like you are family, do you have any details of Brenda and her son disappearance?
And the details are that her husband woke up and Brenda and the baby were gone. He got people to help him search and called the police. They never found anything. She has family in Texas. I was told once from someone in her side of the family that letters came from her from Texas at one point after they disappeared. I have no evidence that this is true.

Tha
View attachment 362669
That commenter may be right. I found a near match. The age is a few years off, but this ancestry record lists a Brenda Sue Gibson/Goza with a birthdate as 09/08/1957 and her death date as the day of her disappearance. It also lists a son, C A Goza, who has the same death date as her.
That would be them. I wondered why it said infant because I was thinking he was a year or so old. Christopher was his first name and she has family in Texas. I didn’t realize she was born there, but knew she had family there. I married into that family years later and then we eventually put it all together.

Tha

That would be them. I wondered why it said infant because I was thinking he was a year or so old. Christopher was his first name and she has family in Texas. I didn’t realize she was born there, but knew she had family there. I married into that family years later and then we eventually put it all together.
I suppose a one year old could be 'baby' enough to be called an infant.

I attempted to e-mail the main e-mail to the department with the person responsible /listed as point of contact: Jennifer McLemore.

My e-mail was automatically rejected, not certain why. Could be because I use a gmail account? who even knows.

I attempted to submit a form through their website, but I am unable to attach pictures there, so I guess I'll just have to wait.
I believe her last name has changed, but it should be on the Johnson County, AR Sheriff's office website. If it’s about the name though, then that’s just exactly the reason. It’s really a common name around here ESPECIALLY women around that age.
I suppose a one year old could be 'baby' enough to be called an infant.
it’s defined as “a very young child or baby” so I suppose so. ‍ I was thinking Christopher was just a year or so older than my sister and that would add up.

Brenda Goza - Newspapers.com

Posting this due to the name. News article from 1960 (Camden AR). Of course, it’s not her; dates are way off, but felt worth adding to her thread. There may be some family relation. A name or location may stand out to someone and help or....it could be nothing at all.
This newspaper article is not about my current Aunt Brenda. I don’t recognize that Goza name as a man I know or have ever heard of. Could be some relation that I’m not aware of.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

View attachment 264563
Brenda Goza
21 at the time of disappearance
5’4”, 120lbs
Brown eyes
Black hair

Circumstances of Disappearance
Brenda and her infant son disappeared from their residence in December of 1975.
Really needing some help!!! My family is being slandered 48 yrs later and this is a small county. I’m scared that people will get hurt with the lies her side of the family is spewing!!! Just found out about the Facebook posts etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melissaw
Back